Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Ghostlight posted:

Favela would be an amazing clusterfuck with the new mobility options.

Favela without claymores just wouldn't feel right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Stealing their crate booby traps it so it explodes after they open it.

It's my favorite thing.

I got a quad kill from a booby crate the other day.. made me literally laugh out loud.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

You can't get Quad Feeds from killstreaks, can you?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

housefly posted:

The gorgon has to be my least favorite weapon in the game. I'm headshot farming with it now and it feels like I'm just running through mud the entire time.

Considering 90% of games played are on combine, it shouldn't be too stressful. Second floor/snipe them at those barrels. Lay down and shoot on the 2nd floor, people will copy you because they're idiots and there you go, free headshots. Same with people who hide behind the barrels overlooking B.

Pubbies will always imitate a successful strategy so lie down and headshot farm.

Deviant posted:

You can't get Quad Feeds from killstreaks, can you?

Nope, hence quad kill.

If only...The large proportions of my quad feed are gravity spikes. the rest are mostly pufifier.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dalai Trauma posted:

Considering 90% of games played are on combine, it shouldn't be too stressful. Second floor/snipe them at those barrels. Lay down and shoot on the 2nd floor, people will copy you because they're idiots and there you go, free headshots. Same with people who hide behind the barrels overlooking B.

Pubbies will always imitate a successful strategy so lie down and headshot farm.

Nope, hence quad kill.

If only...The large proportions of my quad feed are gravity spikes. the rest are mostly pufifier.

figures. Oh well. I'll just get my last Heat Wave double and then prestige again. Not sure what to take this time. Already took Purifier and Dead Silence. Maybe Ghost?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

To be clear, I'm not having a hard time with the headshots. It's just a terrible gun since you run soooo sloooooow. Coming off some camo completions on smgs I just feel like this gun really lags.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Well don't run around with it like it's an SMG!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

housefly posted:

It's just a terrible gun since you run soooo sloooooow.

You're using it wrong. hth

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

housefly posted:

To be clear, I'm not having a hard time with the headshots. It's just a terrible gun since you run soooo sloooooow. Coming off some camo completions on smgs I just feel like this gun really lags.

LMGs are a massive 5% slower than SMGs.

Now it's ADS time on the other hand... that is indeed glacial. It's like a half second now, thanks nerfs! You pretty much have to camp with it to do well.

Oh speaking of Quickdraw/Fast Hands... I found out what was causing me to hate and/or rage about the Argus. There's a bug with Gung Ho that lets you ADS instantly, but you still have hipfire accuracy :downs: Not so good for that gun. I switched to Quickdraw/Fast Hands instead of Gung Ho and it's a lot more reliable for me now (which is to say, I still miss and/or get hitmarkers, but a lot less of the loving infuriating ads->on target->fire->fuckingnothing.gif)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LMGs are 5% slower than ARs, which are 5% slower than SMGs, as I recall.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

got a new headset now so you'll all be able to actually hear me. gently caress that pack in set.

also decided to start doing dark matter and im working on the ARs. they're absolutely loving awful and anyone using them as their main guns needs to learn SMGs immediately instead of trying to make ARs work. dreading snipers and LMGs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

the kn-44 is usable on maps w long firing lines the smgs just cant handle

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Wait is gung ho glitched ? I use it on my shotgun builds.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stux posted:

got a new headset now so you'll all be able to actually hear me. gently caress that pack in set.

also decided to start doing dark matter and im working on the ARs. they're absolutely loving awful and anyone using them as their main guns needs to learn SMGs immediately instead of trying to make ARs work. dreading snipers and LMGs.

ARs own, SMGs suck!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Wait is gung ho glitched ? I use it on my shotgun builds.

Apparently if you try to ADS on the Argus with it?

Though I don't know why you'd ever use Gung Ho if you're going to be aiming...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Need a headset? I don't know if it's any good but you get free Black Ops 3 with it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That would be really tempting if it came with the USB audio controller, but its just the basic one you plug into the controller.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

beedeebee posted:

ARs own, SMGs suck!

they really don't, i can see why ive been able to wreck people with SMGs so easily now if this what most people are trying to work around, it's miserable

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not running and gunning with it at all. It's just the slog of getting to the camp point on a given map along with the ads time. I feel like gramps saying "wait for me wait for me!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot take of the day: SMG are poo poo. ARs are ok. LMGs are the loving best. Shotguns are the funnest.

Snipers haven't belonged in COD for over 4 years now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Anyone ever used the Astro A series? I can't imagine they justify the colossal price tag.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hot take of the day: SMG are poo poo. ARs are ok. LMGs are the loving best. Shotguns are the funnest.

shotguns are cool but LMGs and ARs will continue to get clowned on due to them being loving slow and firing too slow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

like their TTK statistically is great but the problem is you're trying to track people flying about like bluebottles and every bullet you miss destroys you. SMGs spit lead so quickly you can keep firing and track people and not really lose a lot. even at range it's still hilariously easy to put a ton of SMG shots on target with everything that isn't the vesper. the loss of mobility just isn't worth it at all when the game is so fast paced.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One thousand times this. Sniping is beyond loving stupid in CoD games now that the maps are so tiny and mobility is rampant and they only exist to promote toxic and game losing behaviour.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

shotguns are cool but LMGs and ARs will continue to get clowned on due to them being loving slow and firing too slow

Not at medium to long range.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

One thousand times this. Sniping is beyond loving stupid in CoD games and only exists to promote toxic and game losing behaviour.

I hate sniping in this game and am not looking forward to doing all those camos. Thank god there are only 4 of them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I use this headset and I'm a pro video game player http://en-us.sennheiser.com/pc-350-special-edition-gaming-headset

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

poo poo, I don't even recall a map that had tall grass to hide in since COD3, which dropped right around the 360's launch.

e: oh yeah MW1 had the ghillie suits :3:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Which sick bastard decided the Guardian challenge couldn't include kills by the guardian or that cold blooded had to be AI controlled ground streaks when a lot of people will manual control a Cerberus?

On the plus side, pubbies are actually foolish enough to walk into it's beam through narrow doorways.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

housefly posted:

Not at medium to long range.

I hate sniping in this game and am not looking forward to doing all those camos. Thank god there are only 4 of them.

anything non-vesper is still going to wreck 90% of ARs at medium long range because the ARs are just trash. flinching and missing on an AR means you're going to take ages to kill. flinching and missing on an SMG barely matters because the next shot is already inside them.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

48 Dredge might be my new favorite gun.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Guardian is the Thermite of killstreaks. I used it for a few days and it rarely brings in 50-60 points and even rarer that it somehow scores a kill. Not that I'm complaining though, I quite like that you have to be completely making GBS threads on people to get decent killstreaks like RAPS and the Wraith and even then a coordinated team can have them out of the sky in no time.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

housefly posted:

Snipers are quite easy because you don't need headshots for them, just one hit kills. Play hardcore and everything is a 1 hit kill! So it's actually just getting 100 kills.

I still need 5 kills without dying 3 times with the Drakon though, that is hell that destroys laptops.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Guardian is the Thermite of killstreaks. I used it for a few days and it rarely brings in 50-60 points and even rarer that it somehow scores a kill. Not that I'm complaining though, I quite like that you have to be completely making GBS threads on people to get decent killstreaks like RAPS and the Wraith and even then a coordinated team can have them out of the sky in no time.

Stick it in small rooms like B overwatch in Aquarium, or City Hall on Infected. Most importantly, position it off-center so they don't notice it until they're already walking through it.

I got a double kill from a package one last night. That said, I prefer the sentry for obvious reasons.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

...City Hall on Infected...

You PS4 folk are weird. That's the embassy.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

If i could aim i would probably like it even more

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

M8 and XR-2 are absolutely top tier. KN-44 isn't far behind - best suppressed AR and one of the best suppressed guns in the game, 3-4 shots at any range, 2-3 with high cal.

The Manowar and ICR both are usable if you know maps and spawns cold, they both wreck at a distance, but if anyone gets close, you're getting your poo poo pushed in.

The HVK is mediocre. The Sheiva isn't really an AR, it's a baby sniper.

The KN-44 and Manowar can both clown you with 2 shot kills with High Cal (XR-2 can as well, but it doesn't happen as often). Flinching people into killing you instantly with those guns with a sub is always a good time.

Between the Manowar and ICR, the ICR is the stronger of the two for long range shooting, the Manowar is better a bit closer because its recoil is pretty rough.

All that said, ARs are harder to use than SMGs. Until you know the maps, routes, and spawns, you can't leverage their range advantage because it's so laughably easy for people to get close to you. Combine lovely tiny 3 lane treyarch maps + fast mobility + popular smgs + strong smgs = smgs flying from every loving wall and ceiling nearby for the entire game. The only good thing about this is if you know where they like to go and you're already posted up, they aren't winning that gunfight.

LMGs are the same story with worse handling so they're even more passive, but the Dredge is a terrifying monster that slays.

As a general rule, you shouldn't be getting flinched off target because you shouldn't be aiming for the head in the first place. Unless they're behind Patented Treyarch Waist High Cover, or you're using high cal and actually going for the head, you should be aiming center mass low enough that flinch won't do anything. Headshots do fuckall to ttk on guns outside high cal and some very specific exceptions at certain long ranges.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Guardian is ridiculous on Hardcore. I run UAV/Guardian/Sentry and they basically feed me to more killstreaks all the time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

M8 and XR-2 are absolutely top tier. KN-44 isn't far behind - best suppressed AR and one of the best suppressed guns in the game, 3-4 shots at any range, 2-3 with high cal.

The Manowar and ICR both are usable if you know maps and spawns cold, they both wreck at a distance, but if anyone gets close, you're getting your poo poo pushed in.

The HVK is mediocre. The Sheiva isn't really an AR, it's a baby sniper.

The KN-44 and Manowar can both clown you with 2 shot kills with High Cal (XR-2 can as well, but it doesn't happen as often). Flinching people into killing you instantly with those guns with a sub is always a good time.

Between the Manowar and ICR, the ICR is the stronger of the two for long range shooting, the Manowar is better a bit closer because its recoil is pretty rough.

All that said, ARs are harder to use than SMGs. Until you know the maps, routes, and spawns, you can't leverage their range advantage because it's so laughably easy for people to get close to you. Combine lovely tiny 3 lane treyarch maps + fast mobility + popular smgs + strong smgs = smgs flying from every loving wall and ceiling nearby for the entire game. The only good thing about this is if you know where they like to go and you're already posted up, they aren't winning that gunfight.

LMGs are the same story with worse handling so they're even more passive, but the Dredge is a terrifying monster that slays.

As a general rule, you shouldn't be getting flinched off target because you shouldn't be aiming for the head in the first place. Unless they're behind Patented Treyarch Waist High Cover, or you're using high cal and actually going for the head, you should be aiming center mass low enough that flinch won't do anything. Headshots do fuckall to ttk on guns outside high cal and some very specific exceptions at certain long ranges.

im using hi cal cos im going for dark matter but even so i don't go for the head all round only when i have the opportunity

another thing that doesn't help is hipfire on the ARs feels absolutely useless whereas on the SMGs it's extremely useful and reliable even without laser

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

another thing that doesn't help is hipfire on the ARs feels absolutely useless whereas on the SMGs it's extremely useful and reliable even without laser

If you're hipfiring with an AR, you've already hosed up. That's what your RK5 is for. Otherwise they shouldn't be getting that close. If you can't stop them from getting that close, don't use an AR :v:

The HVK does have better hipfire!!11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I do better with shotguns then I do with any other gun.

Shotguns are quite good.

• Locked thread