Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

LordSaturn posted:

Would you mind exporting your appearance data? I'm bad at sliders but I want to look a little less anime and that looks like a good starting point.

I'm super late replying to this, but: I'd be glad to. How do I do that?

edit: I found .thm files next to where it stores character thumbnails. Is that the file? If so, I uploaded it here.

Also, I made an ultra classy-looking elf dame.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Just figured out how to cheat this Falling Star title achievement if anyone wants to get it easily. All you need is a tree or some object that slopes and what you do is leap into the air and start flying above it, then dive at an angle to the object and you clip into it an continue to dive for the duration for the achievement.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Theres a tonne of stuff like that in the game, someone had a lot of fun with the translations

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

English BnS owns.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Stuff like that is fun, but they really need to tighten up the menu/item translations. Some of the crafting translations are embarrassingly inconsistent.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Practice.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I joined Jiwan so I could be the guild that has wang in the name, and there's 3200 people ahead of me. jesus

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I joined Jiwan so I could be the guild that has wang in the name, and there's 3200 people ahead of me. jesus

Pay five bucks for the week of premium or come back next week when the queues die down.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i too paid the 5 bucks and im joining old man cho, im just twiddling my thumbs over some su per awesome name that's supposed to pop into my drunken head atm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jabro posted:

Pay five bucks for the week of premium or come back next week when the queues die down.

Neither. I'm just gonna watch a movie instead and come back.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I had 400 NCoins that I was gifted from NCSoft for their security breach back in the day because I had an Aion account. Used that toward the student bundle.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

So I guess I'm gonna pay $5 or wait forever. Huh. Guess I will just to bring this beauty to life

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
he looks literally like a jojo character hahahaha

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

My exact goal has been met then.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

My exact goal has been met then.

good, because that was a good thing

His stand is Piss Factory

lanfear
Nov 6, 2009

Nerdy Cat Lady
Just started playing and rolled on Mushin! Who would I need to talk to about joining up with Shanghai Goon?

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

lanfear posted:

Just started playing and rolled on Mushin! Who would I need to talk to about joining up with Shanghai Goon?

I just started playing with this person and would like to know this as well.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

good, because that was a good thing

His stand is Piss Factory

That isn't a musical reference!

「R. Kelly」 is, though.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Zweihander01 posted:

That isn't a musical reference!

「R. Kelly」 is, though.

yes it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6aUbrZYjYE

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
My experience thus far has been getting an almost constant update error. Anyone else have this problem or solved it?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

to fix the patch errors i ended up having to torrent the patches directly to the patch folder. it was a giant pain in the rear end and took several hours of fiddling to fix

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So how do I check ping?

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
37 summoner, been on Jiwan a bit. I dont see 'Thallia' online at the moment but I'll try to shoot you another message later.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

teknologik posted:

37 summoner, been on Jiwan a bit. I dont see 'Thallia' online at the moment but I'll try to shoot you another message later.

You can also shoot me a pm, Character name Aleina Colnair. I'll be on for a while tonight.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

West Ham Sandwich posted:

I just started playing with this person and would like to know this as well.

Add a third!

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Goddamn this game is pretty sometimes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

I think 90% of assassins use that hair.

I do too.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!

chumbler posted:

I think 90% of assassins use that hair.

I do too.

I think I'll delete my lv.3 assassin and remake with that hair.... if I could get past the loving queue.

Meanwhile, victims of the AFK timer are piling up

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Linux Nazi posted:

I love the art style in this game, the character models and the scenery in particular stand out. But a lot of the textures are really low-rez crap, and it takes away from the visuals when you're standing close to a surface which looks like it came from 1990.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
What's the difference between this Viridian key and Cinderlands key? I bought a duelist bundle.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Mazed posted:

I'm super late replying to this, but: I'd be glad to. How do I do that?

edit: I found .thm files next to where it stores character thumbnails. Is that the file? If so, I uploaded it here.

Also, I made an ultra classy-looking elf dame.

Thanks for offering, but I'm not sure it's possible to go back for without a character edit token, which is dumb as balls.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So hey are there any goon guides on how to not be an idiot with skill points? In particular Blade Master? These abilities are not well documented at all and it's kind of confusing what poo poo even does. It took me forever to learn that I could use Blindside at will for example. :negative:

For example on the Block skill that gives hp back, it says Readies Perseverance, what does that mean?

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Oh god it's never been this hard to decide between classes in a MMO.

FM, KFM, and Sin all look so awesome to play in PvP and in general. :negative:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

jaffyjaffy posted:

Oh god it's never been this hard to decide between classes in a MMO.

FM, KFM, and Sin all look so awesome to play in PvP and in general. :negative:

I had this problem and decided to try the ones I was interested in. Got each to level 10ish. Now I have three classes that I can't decide on.

This doesn't help at all. Just wanted to share.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Mayor McCheese posted:

I had this problem and decided to try the ones I was interested in. Got each to level 10ish. Now I have three classes that I can't decide on.

This doesn't help at all. Just wanted to share.

I guess it's time to accept I'll need to buy character slots.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I'm surprised at how few Destroyers I see - you can suplex world bosses. You can pick up anything, and suplex anything. You can upgrade to an aerial piledriver later too from what I've seen. You can also just do ridiculous aoe and spin forever with your giant axe and kill entire instances at once including the boss.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

LordSaturn posted:

Thanks for offering, but I'm not sure it's possible to go back for without a character edit token, which is dumb as balls.

If it helps, and you ever feel like rerolling entirely, Riftling mostly nailed how to make a less-anime character:

Riftling posted:

You did a pretty good job there. I've been stuck on trying to make a tall female Gon Destroyer work for the last day - B&S Barbies up most of the female races, but Gon take it to the next level, and it only gets more hilariously dis-proportioned the taller you make them. To have a decent base, you have to max out neck width/minimize neck height/enlarge the head/widen arms and legs/reduce thigh height. Then if you're like me and hate clipping issues, it eliminates most of the hairstyles because they'll either clip through your shoulders or your axe (and god help you if you increase hand size to increase your weapon size).

The Gon that I made had:

- Maximum neck, shoulder, torso, waist, thigh, calf, and foot width, head size, head width, and (most dramatically) build, which is at the very bottom of the menu.

- Minimum hip width, shoulder height, and waist, thigh, and calf length.

- Medium-to-small height and neck length. Arm should be long enough to where wrists are level with the groin. I wouldn't recommend touching hand sliders because goddamn those things get terrifying.

That resulted in a gratifyingly non-Barbie, actually pretty tough-looking figure that is more than suitable for all your Kung Fu Master, Destroyer, or Force Master Muscle Wizard needs.

For face, the key to looking not too anime (but some is unavoidable) is keeping the eyes small (obviously), narrow, should have one eye-width separating them, make a nose of significant size and distinct shape, don't go too big on forehead depth, and don't shy away from big lips. Jaw and chin structure might be trickiest, but don't rush it and make sure to eyeball it from every angle.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So this outfit is cool.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Wolpertinger posted:

I'm surprised at how few Destroyers I see - you can suplex world bosses. You can pick up anything, and suplex anything. You can upgrade to an aerial piledriver later too from what I've seen. You can also just do ridiculous aoe and spin forever with your giant axe and kill entire instances at once including the boss.

They seemed a little slow for my taste, maybe I am wrong but that was my impression of the class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Clairetic posted:

What's the difference between this Viridian key and Cinderlands key? I bought a duelist bundle.

The Viridian Key will open any lockbox with a weapon in it from the areas up to Blackram Shallows and assure you get a drop for your class.

The Cinderlands Key will do the same for any weapon box in the region after that.

There is a third key for Moondrip.

• Locked thread