Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think there's any escape, since you violated the EULA you agreed to, and Bandai Namco don't really like to look into case specifics I hear.
But I'm not 100% sure that's what happened in the first place, since after looking it up, I've seen you can cheat yourself items scott free, so I've no clue just how this works anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Is there any way to get out of the banned server?

Or is it just "welp guess you need to buy a new copy of dark souls B-)"?

From what I've heard, you can family share with a new account and play through that to get around it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
iron passage is the worst part of this game, millions of enemies and unreachable lightning spammers, it's just like pvp

i wonder how they made shrine of amana worse

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

HGH posted:

I don't think there's any escape, since you violated the EULA you agreed to, and Bandai Namco don't really like to look into case specifics I hear.
But I'm not 100% sure that's what happened in the first place, since after looking it up, I've seen you can cheat yourself items scott free, so I've no clue just how this works anymore.

There's no rhyme or reason to softbans.

There's at least one case where Bandai Namco (as reliable as they usually aren't) commented that x360ce, of all things, could do it. One guy got decked for Steam Big Picture letting you enter a too-long name.

You could even theoretically get hit by picking up a bad hacked item someone else dropped.

It's a big, huge question mark.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 21, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh, blue smelter demon drops the normal smelter soul :effort:

I would have liked to have a cool new magic version of the smelter demon armor set, or a blue smelter sword but a second smelter soul is fine, too

Nevermind, Ornifex has the "aged smelter sword" for the soul

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 21, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So is this game actually good? It's hard to tell from the posts.

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

it is a good game. it may or may not be a less good game than dark souls 1, depending on what you liked about that game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

it is good and the dlc areas are really good

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Unlike games where a combination of Stockholm Syndrome and "I put so much effort into this!" keep people playing it (I'm looking at you, World of Tanks), Dark Souls 2 is actually fun.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
Thanks everyone for the build advice.. Adaptability is stupid as hell. I have to delay putting points into stats that enable me to use the weapon I start with just to be able to drink a potion without getting stabbed 5 times. DARK SOULS

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is there some reason I shouldn't be using the ring of the embedded? It looks like it gives 5 to each of vigor, vitality and endurance at the cost of slightly increased incoming damage? It even increases my attack slightly.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's not as good as the other games but still a really really good game. I started playing it again right after Bloodborne. It's a little uneven, so some areas (like the DLC) are as good as anything else and then some areas are a bit cargo cult feeling but they don't last forever.

If you liked any of the other games I think you should definitely check it out!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Yesssss... finally got the Crypt Blacksword :getin:

Currently I'm 20 STR, 25 Atunement, 40 Faith and Int and I'm a bit below 70% weight. Where to go from here? I plan to get the Whatever Ritual Ring to get +3 extra attunement slots.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
You know, thinking about it, I would argue that the Souls series are the best 3D Castlevania games ever made.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

General consensus is that it's a worthy successor to Dark Souls 1, however they changed a bunch of stuff that you may or may not like depending on your preferences. Cue endless internet discussions about which DS is 'better'.

They are both great games regardless.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo

FactsAreUseless posted:

DS2 is a really good game that I think unfairly gets a lot of hate because it isn't DS1 with a different coat of paint, plus the typical internet hyperbole where a thing is either the greatest ever or complete poo poo with no in between. It also suffers from what I call FF7 syndrome, which essentially means people are way more forgiving of the game that was their entry point into the series, which DS1 was for a lot of people, and subsequently more critical of other entries.

If it were called anything other than Dark Souls 2 people would be endlessly singing its praises. If you liked any of the Souls games, you should play it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love both Dark Souls games. The world on the first feels "better" and interconnected but still has poo poo like Lost Izalith, Dark Souls 2 has more linear paths and some annoying zones (but optional) on DLC that can be frustrating like iron passage or frigid outskirts but DS2 has a wider variety of weapons, armor, spells and better combat overall when it comes to PvE. I've been in a cycle of "one NG and NG+ on dark souls 1 then one NG and NG+ on dark souls 2" since March or so and I don't regret that at all.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Chuch posted:

because it isn't DS1 with a different coat of paint

It isn't? But that's the reason I like the game!

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Powerstancing is the best, so DS2 gets my vote :dance:

DS1 was great first time I played it (though I felt it peaked early) but I had some crazy single-digit FPS drops at the worst possible moments, so that really soured me on it. Random CTDs and the overall lovely console port dragged it down too. Still finished it though, and I'm gonna start a new character once I finish my current DS2 run!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh gently caress yes powerstancing

I forget, if you PS Pate's Spear, can you do a double spear charge with the L2 attack? Or would it be better to normal stance the spears so you can so Pate's R2 into the L2

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just hear to remind people that even if his fight is pretty mediocre the Royal Rat Authority is the best boss

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you're wrong because he has like four toxic rats surrounding him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh you mean undead sif

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BillmasterCozb posted:

He's also where it fully clicked "Oh, right. They did something with I-frames right?" regarding Agility, Warrior start, and finally improving to "Not worse than DS1 fat roll" :downs: I knew he was optional, by that point I had thrown myself face first at him too many times to stop. (seriously gently caress those four 4 rats though. "Maybe if I wear my higher poison resist gear along with the ring? Oh I just get stunlocked and toxiced about as fast okey dokey).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you bring a bow, you can kill them all before the boss drops into the arena

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you bring a bow, you can kill them all before the boss drops into the arena

Alas, my bow skills/bow access at the time needed two shots, so I could kill at least two of them before they got in my grill and the boss spawned (and they loved not being hit because ??? even as half the weapons I tried simply failed to hit their low to the ground models until I brought ground stuff JUST for them). Mostly STR with a sea bow anyways at the time, not enough stats for a jumbo comedy bow, not enough DEX to be worth a poo poo with a longbow.

It IS good advice, though. Much better than "Use sorcereries, oh you can't well just respec" grade advice because most can pick up SOME kind of bow easily enough. Even a +0 bow you can barely use lets you pull stuff if it's got the range for it.

Things got sorted two attempts later once I had all of DS1 mid roll I-frame, anyway.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 22, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Manatee Cannon posted:

oh you mean undead sif

I think he looks cooler than Sif. The rat buddies only exist to keep people who don't have a bow or Lingering Flame out, which sucks.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

Oh gently caress yes powerstancing

I forget, if you PS Pate's Spear, can you do a double spear charge with the L2 attack? Or would it be better to normal stance the spears so you can so Pate's R2 into the L2

What's powerstancing? New term for two-handing?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

What's powerstancing? New term for two-handing?

no, it's dual wielding weapons. you need 1.5x the base stats required to use a weapon to do this. once you have that, and you are holding compatible weapons in each hand, by holding the key you have bound to holding you weapon in two hands (Y on an xbox controller and triangle on a dualshock) your character will shift how (s)he holds the weapons. this will give you a completely different moveset on L1/L2 that uses the weapons in both hands (R1/R2 just use the right handed weapon like normal)

if you played bloodborne, think of it like the trick form of the blade of mercy or rakuyo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hold the two handed button while having 2 applicable weapons equipped and you'll notice a subtle stance shift. Boom, new moveset. Check a wiki for compatible weapons.

e:beaten by a better explanation.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
..Ah gently caress, I just realized that it'll be a looooong while before I can respec into a light armor build for power stancing double Majestic Greatswords

Is that a thing? Does it have a unique power stance moveset?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

..Ah gently caress, I just realized that it'll be a looooong while before I can respec into a light armor build for power stancing double Majestic Greatswords

Is that a thing? Does it have a unique power stance moveset?

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MisguidedDarlingFruitbat.webm

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

:asoiaf:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's even better when you make it throw Moonlight Waves.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yeah it's compatible with more than just a second majestic greatsword

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

It's even better when you make it throw Moonlight Waves.
Have a video for that?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i am a big baby that needs a big breakfast

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 22, 2016

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

BillmasterCozb posted:

What? I can't hear you over the sound of me one hitting the four things at once with a Greatsword. :smug:

I was pretty lucky the first time I found the boss, tbh, the rats kinda aligned so I deal with most of them with the first rolling attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

no, it's dual wielding weapons. you need 1.5x the base stats required to use a weapon to do this. once you have that, and you are holding compatible weapons in each hand, by holding the key you have bound to holding you weapon in two hands (Y on an xbox controller and triangle on a dualshock) your character will shift how (s)he holds the weapons. this will give you a completely different moveset on L1/L2 that uses the weapons in both hands (R1/R2 just use the right handed weapon like normal)

:aaa:

The tutorial just said that holding down Y was to two-hand your left-hand weapon instead of your right-hand, and that's all it did when I tried it. I guess I don't have the stats for dual-wielding yet.

I was planning to basically remake my DS1 character, light armour and a huge sword two-handed.

I have new plans now. :getin: