Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Imagine an infect creature with prowess. Stuff of nightmares.

Meanwhile, I need to go wipe off some drool from my chin.

Heroic Phyrexians would be cooler though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

By wizards standards, isn't most of the infect deck on its own special reserved list? I feel like these cards should be even more expensive considering they are never going to be reprinted again.

Most of the competitive cards with infect on them that aren't the rare manland are common or uncommon, so they're never be too expensive by Magic standards. Magic, ahem, standards.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

is this a horrible idea to do while i build a half decrnt modern deck?

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-18-0-5-tix-modern-zombie-hunt

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Kilo147 posted:

No it's a great idea, deck is fun as gently caress.

Or you could play hunted tokens, another cheapest brew that wins in hilarious ways : http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1204173

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

Chill la Chill posted:

Can someone post the MTG companies stickers and playmats again? I forgot to buy them last time and now redbubble deleted my cart.

Oh hey, that's me!

T-Shirts, Stickers & poo poo: http://www.redbubble.com/people/krisegan/collections/448491-companies-of-mtg

Playmats: http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/artists/kris-egan

Unfortunately Inked are a little slow uploading new designs, so some of the new stuff on Redbubble (GOYF*, Nacatl Racing Team, Gatewatch Home Security) aren't on Inked as a playmat yet.

Kilo147 posted:

I built this recently and am now the cause of my friend who plays Zoo getting incredibly annoyed at me. It's just so silly, and can be super explosive. I've got some Gemstone Caverns in there as well, so you can Turn 1 hunt on the draw if you have a Reliquary Tower in your opening hand.

I'm taking it to a Modern FNM soon just to see what happens.

Admiral fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 22, 2016

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Kilo147 posted:

Only run 2 zombie infestation so the chances of getting a bigger hand first are greater. I filled mine with all kinds of utility lands, spawning pool, mutavault, contested warzone, vault of the archangel, etc because why not?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

By wizards standards, isn't most of the infect deck on its own special reserved list? I feel like these cards should be even more expensive considering they are never going to be reprinted again.

The cards with infect on them are commons aside from Inkmoth. Even if they're never seeing print again they probably won't serum visions level of price.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

Most of the cards unique to that deck are commons and uncommons aren't they? The only rares in that deck are lands and Noble Hierarchs, which are relatively reprintable, except for Inkmoth Nexus, which is the one card in the deck I'm surprised isn't $50 by now.

Glistener Elf and Blighted Agent aren't getting reprinted any time soon, but they were commons. They'll slowly creep up as long as the deck continues to be a thing, but they were opened enough that I'd be surprised to see them spike unless Infect suddenly becomes the deck to beat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thank you. I will buy some splinter twin and big al's stickers for my friends. One of whom only had splinter twin built.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Zoness posted:

The cards with infect on them are commons aside from Inkmoth.

And Phyrexian Crusader. Plus a lot of other unplayable stuff.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Mezzanon posted:

No it's a great idea, deck is fun as gently caress.

Or you could play hunted tokens, another cheapest brew that wins in hilarious ways : http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1204173

not as cheap, though. Skipping utility lands, I can get the Zombie one for like, eight bucks

Admiral posted:

I built this recently and am now the cause of my friend who plays Zoo getting incredibly annoyed at me. It's just so silly, and can be super explosive. I've got some Gemstone Caverns in there as well, so you can Turn 1 hunt on the draw if you have a Reliquary Tower in your opening hand.

I'm taking it to a Modern FNM soon just to see what happens.

I can have this deck ready for this coming FNM. I figure what the hell, eh?

End of Life Guy posted:

Only run 2 zombie infestation so the chances of getting a bigger hand first are greater. I filled mine with all kinds of utility lands, spawning pool, mutavault, contested warzone, vault of the archangel, etc because why not?

I'm trusting you on this, cause I don't know any better.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Why wouldn't they reprint infect stuff? As long as MaRo's at the helm infect is coming back for sure.

Elyv posted:

you are not siding in kor firewalker against any decks that actually run kozilek's return
Why not? It's immune to basically all the removal Grixis plays.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral posted:

Oh hey, that's me!

T-Shirts, Stickers & poo poo: http://www.redbubble.com/people/krisegan/collections/448491-companies-of-mtg

Playmats: http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/artists/kris-egan

Unfortunately Inked are a little slow uploading new designs, so some of the new stuff on Redbubble (GOYF*, Nacatl Racing Team, Gatewatch Home Security) aren't on Inked as a playmat yet.

i got your urza's energy and utilities playmat back in november but now i expect to be hated by every ex-twin player tomorrow as it has taken on new meaning

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

And Phyrexian Crusader. Plus a lot of other unplayable stuff.

Are you talking about that monoblack infect deck? Because no one plays that card at this point. Or that deck.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Kilo147 posted:

not as cheap, though. Skipping utility lands, I can get the Zombie one for like, eight bucks

Just be sure to keep the reliquary towers in.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

GB Infect has come back in style a little, and that plays Crusader because it's close to unkillable.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

legoman727 posted:

So, looks like the Shadow over Innistrad is not Emrakul after all.

loving sweet

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Irony Be My Shield posted:

GB Infect has come back in style a little, and that plays Crusader because it's close to unkillable.

Why not just play BUG like the original modern infect lists?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Mezzanon posted:

Just be sure to keep the reliquary towers in.

Oh, of course. They're absolutely necessary for it to work.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

Kilo147 posted:

Please report back, that deck looks hilarious and fun. I want to hear how it does and if its a fun as it looks

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Zoness posted:

To be fair he used to be a really good player.

He has like a 1900+ limited rating on MTGO, sure he's not going to be winning the PT any time soon but realistically neither is LSV

Also look at pictures of him from back of the day, he is a great role model for de-gooning

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Tibalt Control live

http://www.twitch.tv/jacobwilson

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Also look at pictures of him from back of the day, he is a great role model for de-gooning

cheon or lsv?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Kilo147 posted:

Also, halimar depths. Never hurts to move a non land from third to the top so you draw it instead of treasure hunting for two. It helps find Reliquary tower too.

Don't treasure hunt on turn two without a Reliquary tower. Don't drop a land before you treasure hunt on turn three+ because you might find the Reliquary tower and can use it for your land drop.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

End of Life Guy posted:

Also, halimar depths. Never hurts to move a non land from third to the top so you draw it instead of treasure hunting for two. It helps find Reliquary tower too.

Don't treasure hunt on turn two without a Reliquary tower. Don't drop a land before you treasure hunt on turn three+ because you might find the Reliquary tower and can use it for your land drop.

oh, poo poo. Good advice on the timing on Reliquary Tower

Chairman Pow! posted:

Please report back, that deck looks hilarious and fun. I want to hear how it does and if its a fun as it looks

Just placed the order. I'll pick it up tomorrow aftrnoon. Ill probably trade in an Eye of Ugin for store credit, get the deck, and a few boosters or sleeves or whatnot

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

legoman727 posted:

So, looks like the Shadow over Innistrad is not Emrakul after all.

If this is real then I'm hype for it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It was made by some guy on Reddit

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
And Alexander Hayne lights a Seance on fire on Jacob Wilsons stream and the fire almost gets out of control (well not really but Jacob gets a little worried)

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Elyv posted:

it's a pyroclasm you can find with ancient stirrings

also sometimes the exile clause will do things

Sure, but typically Tron has to hit Pyroclasm turn 2 if it wants to not lose to Infect, Burn, Boggles, Merfolk, (insert other aggro here). I'm not too familiar with the matchup but I'm willing to bet turn 2 pyroclasm is pretty critical against Green White Hate Bears too. Turn 3 is just too slow to get your board wipe effect off. Not only that but it's only good when your on the play. If your not interacting with a Aggro deck in Modern before they hit their 3rd land drop your gonna have a bad time. Merfolk will have the critical mass out by then, Burn might just flat out kill you turn 3, and will definitely kill you turn 4 if you didn't do something to slow them down during your turn 2. Infect can kill you turn 2 with a nuts hand, and is looking to have their critical mass of cards on turn 3. Boggles has already suited a boggle enough that your Return won't even kill it. Hatebears probably has you under several tax effects. It's just too slow.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Kilo147 posted:

oh, poo poo. Good advice on the timing on Reliquary Tower

Just placed the order. I'll pick it up tomorrow aftrnoon. Ill probably trade in an Eye of Ugin for store credit, get the deck, and a few boosters or sleeves or whatnot

The full art players reward Treasure Hunt is super sweet and less than $2

also, Admiral that loving tromple and mointanspalk travel guide mat is killing me, please also make this a T-shirt!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There you go:

http://samarskiy.deviantart.com/art/Mystery-dagon-466520425

Fake. It's just a minor edit of some dude's DeviantArt painting.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 22, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
O-oh... :smith:

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

anglachel posted:

Sure, but typically Tron has to hit Pyroclasm turn 2 if it wants to not lose to Infect, Burn, Boggles, Merfolk, (insert other aggro here). I'm not too familiar with the matchup but I'm willing to bet turn 2 pyroclasm is pretty critical against Green White Hate Bears too. Turn 3 is just too slow to get your board wipe effect off. Not only that but it's only good when your on the play. If your not interacting with a Aggro deck in Modern before they hit their 3rd land drop your gonna have a bad time. Merfolk will have the critical mass out by then, Burn might just flat out kill you turn 3, and will definitely kill you turn 4 if you didn't do something to slow them down during your turn 2. Infect can kill you turn 2 with a nuts hand, and is looking to have their critical mass of cards on turn 3. Boggles has already suited a boggle enough that your Return won't even kill it. Hatebears probably has you under several tax effects. It's just too slow.

Hatebears is often a play/draw thing because if you do anything other than turn 1 egg into pyro on the draw, there's a chance you just get shut out by an arbiter and you're not coming back from that without rending volleys. It's one of those decks that simply cannot win once Ugin or an Oblivion Stone resolves, but if they can start strip mining you it becomes very difficult to crawl out from under while Smiter beats you to death.

Not sure how you managed to miss affinity as that's another deck which can just completely blank pyro (via ravager buffs and manlands), but I think it's worth considering how other new toys like Warping Wail interact with those decks. As an example, it gives Tron a non-pyro way to kill infect's creatures that doesn't need a coloured source, as well as make blockers at instant speed. If anything, I'm interested to see how newer tron decklists pan out and whether they manage to fit wails into the main easily.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Good. I want Emrakul to visit plane after plane, never having a direct impact, but rather building armies, like a Genestealer cult. I don't want a new Emrakul card, I don't want eldrazi, I just want the chaos that follows her. I want the next year to be a scavenger hunt, hints of the visitation somewhere in background art, heroes gone mad, and tokens for cards that don't exist yet, teasing us with what will be.

That's what I want. But I'm a stupid newbie, so what do I know.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

Why not just play BUG like the original modern infect lists?

I'm actually working on BG Infect as a side project (read: too cheap for $30 Inkmoths and missed the boat on Urborg), for my part it's because BG was my favorite color combo when I started playing so I'll take any excuse to play it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Kilo147 posted:

Good. I want Emrakul to visit plane after plane, never having a direct impact, but rather building armies, like a Genestealer cult. I don't want a new Emrakul card, I don't want eldrazi, I just want the chaos that follows her. I want the next year to be a scavenger hunt, hints of the visitation somewhere in background art, heroes gone mad, and tokens for cards that don't exist yet, teasing us with what will be.

That's what I want. But I'm a stupid newbie, so what do I know.

This but also Ulamog and Kozilek are still alive somewhere because the anime club aren't as smart as they think they are.

I have little confidence in current Creative being good enough to make the OGW anticlimax not be a face-value thing though :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JerryLee posted:

This but also Ulamog and Kozilek are still alive somewhere because the anime club aren't as smart as they think they are.

I have little confidence in current Creative being good enough to make the OGW anticlimax not be a face-value thing though :smith:

Chandra literally killed them with fire. Not Ghostfire, not Fire, not Fyre - just plain old fire.

Surely what Ugin told Jace is going to matter, and the fact that Jace ignored an old wise motherfucker's advice is going to blow up in that smarmy dorks face, right?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The only way OGW's plot is any good at all is if she destroyed the corporeal forms that Nahiri so painstakingly bound to Zendikar, thus freeing the true incorporeal entities to continue their multiverse-spanning rampage

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The only way OGW's plot is any good at all is if she destroyed the corporeal forms that Nahiri so painstakingly bound to Zendikar, thus freeing the true incorporeal entities to continue their multiverse-spanning rampage

Isn't that pretty much exactly what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Emrakul isn't gonna be on Innistrad anyway. She's busy being in Mercadia if the Rishadan Port promo is anything to go by.

• Locked thread