Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Wow, the japs really are lovely to commanders. Nobody had taken it so I grabbed the role and I was kicked 5 second after the match started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
a lot of the time if they see you have no commander experience and you end up in a gold game they'll just kick you, also if you can't speak Japanese they will also kick you.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Plus with the representative commander system you don't need a full time commander these days.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I like to call this "the saddest alex". We both knew each other were around the corner. I was overheating. He gets double airshot.

Zaku 2f2 is sooo good. It's basically the only cheap suit I really really enjoy playing, and I wish I farmed more of it from events.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Every goddamn weapon is a oneshot kill. Please recommend a support MS that won't instantly explode into fire, TIA.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

None of them because everything has devolved to charge one hit kills. It's why I stopped playing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

randombattle posted:

None of them because everything has devolved to charge one hit kills. It's why I stopped playing.

I see lots of assaults running around at half and quarter health so I have dudes to heal. I just don't understand why they're more resilliant than me.

I played 12x in the 27th Gasha DX and I got a gold Isaac and a regular Zaku main layer so I'm going to see how they fare in combat. I managed to come in the top 10 in two games today by healing, it's just a lot more sudden death when anyone sees me.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yeah he's exaggerating. There's one new sniper that can one shot people but it doesn't affect support much since they get one shot by old snipers anyway. The simplest explanation is probably you are much worse now after taking a long break. Unless you're behind very safe cover, always keep moving. Mobility is the best defense and it's why a good player can rack up a dozen kills in a paper armored kampfer while diving enemies by themselves.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The zaku flipper is a high cost support that can instantly revive a man at short range, moves suprisingly fast for a support, with higher quality weapons (as in healing guns and poo poo), and radar. If you want a support to fool around with go buy one out for 250k.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I was wondering if it was somehow that I only upgraded my stats so far and it seems like MS can be upgraded really high now. I might also just suck. I'll try to get in with the guild and see if anyone wants to do poo poo as a group.

I'm saving up my daily tickets for either the working zaku or the marine zaku.

Does anyone have a good line on getting banacoins? None of my mastercards apparently work with the securecode system and my one visa refuses to enroll (gently caress you, chase). I'm trying not to pay $10 premium on one of those webmoney card resellers but I may have to.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I'd just eat the premium. Other methods have exhange rate losses anyway and the yen is really cheap right now.

Also like the guy above you said, zaku flipper is very good and easily bought, and is probably much better than the ones you listed as a dedicated support. It's by far the fastest support (i think over 1200 speed fully upgraded) and hardest one to kill because of it.

Definitely join the guild for upgrade bonuses - they are very significant.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'll check out the flipper. I'm still a bit away from the 5mil to buy the gold BP.

What is this new poo poo in my MS hangar? I can pick two things that look like the "modules" I can unlock for my MS but I can't tell what I'm doing and it yells at me if I go over some 200pt value.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Just pick up the silver for 250k. It's not going to make or break a support suit (just maximize armor, speed, and recall).

The mission unit cap is your deck cost leftover + bonus from each MS (it's listed next to the cost on each MS). You have 190. Not really a big deal. I can't even use a single one.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Zo posted:

The mission unit cap is your deck cost leftover + bonus from each MS (it's listed next to the cost on each MS). You have 190. Not really a big deal. I can't even use a single one.

I guess I can shell out 250k for a silver. I'll probably give in and pay the extra money for access to webmoney and banacoins. What's the deal with the 960 BC rainbow gasha? Looks like it's a lottery of a shitton of assault MS.

What is the thing I circled in red? Do I use the 190 leftover deck points to equip some kind of bonus?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Richard M Nixon posted:

What is the thing I circled in red? Do I use the 190 leftover deck points to equip some kind of bonus?

That entire bar is the same system. That's where you select MU bonuses up to your max cost of 190. They are all pretty minor. You already have a boost unit selected and can't select more since it'd go over your cap.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

NEO-GOONSA doesn't show up as a valid guild. Is it full?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
I hope your character is on the shangri la server, because it not showing up is a good sign you are not.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Hmm yeah, I think back when I started the English MSGO thing there was only one server to start with. Looks like I'm on Francessca. That sucks, I wonder when the trend started to move servers.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hmm yeah, I think back when I started the English MSGO thing there was only one server to start with. Looks like I'm on Francessca. That sucks, I wonder when the trend started to move servers.

two years ago?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Qubeley got a funnel buff, they lockon and shoot quick enough that you can use them as weapons and enjoy doing so, it's a good time.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

We still doing things right?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I'm apparently being conscripted.

Is there a unit list anywhere? Particularly Zeon, but a complete one would be nice.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

raverrn posted:

I'm apparently being conscripted.

Is there a unit list anywhere? Particularly Zeon, but a complete one would be nice.

try the op, click on the link that says something like japanese wiki

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
wasn't there a wiki like pastebin guide for commander stuff u could paste in the game? n/m I found it further down on the first page

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 25, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So looking at volume 32 of the DX. It looks like they gave up all pretense of sides and gave the Feds a zeon unit that is good but not zeon a good unit.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Microwaves Mom posted:

So looking at volume 32 of the DX. It looks like they gave up all pretense of sides and gave the Feds a zeon unit that is good but not zeon a good unit.

federation got 2 good units while zeon only got one good unit (AMX-101E) while the other is just another Dom

they are buffing the federations dijeh for some reason and buffing the new zeon dom but its still gonna be a bit meh

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
lol glad this wasn't me

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zeirnaton posted:

lol glad this wasn't me

what is this?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
The new Dx, Zeta and GM II for the feds, Bawoo and Matsunaga zaku for zeon.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The Gaza C's bazooka is really good. I am glad i got a zook traited one.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
God damnit bandai hates zeon

they gave bawoo a copy weapon of the quebeley the KD beam, it is however ballistic damage so it can knock shikis down so in that regard its better than the quebs weapon but it can't increase its damage from any traits like the quebeley can

at max damage the shiki would need 251 balance to resist a KD in the air from the bawoo

meanwhile zeta gundam now has the strongest/best bazooka in the game now

Type F bazooka now 12k damage when maxed and its travel speed is faster now

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't they just make a Gundam Vs MMO? Everyone would like it a lot better.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Cause they're Japanese devs and have no idea wtf they're doing. Also its amazing its on PC and not a console let's be honest.

Anyways overwatch killed this game for me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
is that the boner Bandai has for the federation?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm done with this game. :effort:

Every time I play the EF gets an early lead and then Zeon never gets it back.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

today i realized my ISP is definitely throttling my poo poo whenever i do hefty downloads, time to go back to mudfish

and since i got mudfish i might as well play gundam online again.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Apparently the Taiwan/Hong Kong version of the game is now in open beta, there are no region block (surprisingly) and I seem to lag less. Is anyone also playing the tw/hk server?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I can figure out how to get on I might check it out. The early game meta was far healthier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://msol.goone.tw/?show=1

• Locked thread