Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

actually it's good/funny

It's like the surprise ending to zombo.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Lt. Chips posted:

I cant believe I just read this whole dumb story that didn't happen.

I hate you.

Edit: Removed the probably. Of course that story didnt happen. I still hate you.

That story is great not because anyone believes it is true, but because the writer intended it to demonstrate the usefulness of bitcoin, but spends 90% of it describing the molestation of an underage girl.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Novo posted:

it should have ended with your house burning down, the text adventure part is dumb. maybe i'm just mad because i got stuck at the tax collector

How can you get stuck? You just bite the guy. It practically tells you what to do.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

The Bible posted:

That story is great not because anyone believes it is true, but because the writer intended it to demonstrate the usefulness of bitcoin, but spends 90% of it describing the molestation of an underage girl.

You say that like reading molestation fan fiction is a redeeming factor.

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Hey Moridin, just so you know that someone is pulling for you, I contacted a few mods about your weirdo cyber-stalker and they agreed it's dumb as hell, that they're discussing what to do, and that there are plans to make it so that in the future mods won't be able to probate multiple times for a single post :thumbsup:

Stfu.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah that's a pretty good one to go by. I don't think I hosed with them in this case, though, since I was told they were already aware of it and discussing what to do, I just wanted to make Moridin feel a bit better. The snitch thing was just an excuse to make glitter text.

But didn't you just gently caress with FYAD just now?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

It's FYAD, who gives a poo poo

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Elissia posted:

It's FYAD, who gives a poo poo

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah that's a pretty good one to go by. I don't think I hosed with them in this case, though, since I was told they were already aware of it and discussing what to do, I just wanted to make Moridin feel a bit better. The snitch thing was just an excuse to make glitter text.

Lol discussing what to do. You remove the mods that are abusing their power job done. No wonder dear Richard's forums are dying.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I posted in fyad once.

It went about as well as you might expect but you don't see me pouting over it. Also looking back it was actually kinda funny.

Anyway, this'll probably lead to some good bitcoiner tears and/or a deeper fracture over them

https://twitter.com/AaronvanW/status/690120783281156097

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Elissia posted:

YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT MY FRIEND

http://pastebin.com/cUQG6AtA

Hahaha what the gently caress
I would say there's no way this can be real but truth is stupider than fiction when bitcoins are involved

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The best thing about these forums is watching people get exposed to things like the Brazilian Bitcoin Molestation Fiasco for the first time.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

The best thing about these forums is watching people get exposed to things like the Brazilian Bitcoin Molestation Fiasco for the first time.

Back when Mt. Gox was around it was fun to see people eventually realize that the place people were putting thousands into was literally "magic the gathering online exchange"

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Snitches get stitches

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Hey Moridin, just so you know that someone is pulling for you, I contacted a few mods about your weirdo cyber-stalker and they agreed it's dumb as hell, that they're discussing what to do, and that there are plans to make it so that in the future mods won't be able to probate multiple times for a single post :thumbsup:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ahahahahahahahahah bitch

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

raditts posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress
I would say there's no way this can be real but truth is stupider than fiction when bitcoins are involved

Seems you have to ask yourself what's more ridiculous: that this actually happened and someone's bragging about it, or it's made up and this is the most flattering story they could come up with.

Now let's pause to remember the time the NYT asked readers to tell about their experience with Bitcoin, and some goon submitted brazil.txt.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
http://antilop.cc/sr/img/digitalink_usps_seized_my_package.png

From the DPR case link, it's the Silk Road version of the Goon in the Hole story.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Lt. Chips posted:

You say that like reading molestation fan fiction is a redeeming factor.

More of a confirmation that nothing good comes out of Bitcoin. Even a success story includes elements of fraud and child abuse.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 22, 2016

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

notZaar posted:

What percentage of global warming carbons can be attributed to criminals running overheating processors for this poo poo?

There's no way it's high. But if it really did take off and hit it big, man, now there's a fun new doomsday scenario.

Just picture it. Enormous skyscraper-scale computer towers far as the eye can see, radiating heat into a dying world. Humans live in tiny cells squeezed in among the superstructures. And all that processing power is for making new bitcoins. Nothing else.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

There's no way it's high. But if it really did take off and hit it big, man, now there's a fun new doomsday scenario.

Just picture it. Enormous skyscraper-scale computer towers far as the eye can see, radiating heat into a dying world. Humans live in tiny cells squeezed in among the superstructures. And all that processing power is for making new bitcoins. Nothing else.

people squeezed into tiny cells you say, that is outlandish and totally unimaginable in our society

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

qnqnx posted:

ahahahahahahahahah bitch

Haha if it was anyone but me I'd be saying the same thing

Edit: Actually gently caress that

Professor Shark posted:

Shut the gently caress up bitch!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 22, 2016

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I remember back when DPR was getting arrested all of the bitcoiners were like "running a drug empire over the internet is harm reduction, it's way safer than having to buy from some seedy guy in an alley!"

And then when drug addicts asked them on reddit how to actually acquire bitcoins most of them said "the best way is to use localbitcoins and set up a meeting with some seedy guy in an alley in order to buy bitcoins, which you can then exchange online for drugs."

And then it was revealed that DPR gave like $10k worth of free drug vouchers to a recovering heroin addict who promptly blew it all and OD'd, but the bitcoiners were still jumping up and down trying to defend him (HARM REDUCTION HARM REDUCTION HARM REDUCTION)

And then mycrimes.txt was released and it was revealed that DPR tried to have a bunch of people killed (and in one case he told the would-be assassin to kill a dude's innocent room mates too, in order to leave no witnesses). To which the bitcoiners replied "ALLEGED hired killings, assuming he's innocent think of all of the harm reduction!"

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 22, 2016

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oh and don't forget the drug addict who ordered a bunch of research chemicals off of Silk Road and one day woke up with paralyzed husks where his arms used to be

"arm reduction" -- some genius on yospos I don't know

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

From the DPR case link, it's the Silk Road version of the Goon in the Hole story.

Wow, the stupidity is just breathtaking.

This kid was handed a "Walk away now and you get to live your life" card on a golden platter, had it pointed out to him by twenty different people and then went and flushed it all away.

I can think of at least two occasions in my life when I would have drat near killed to have had the opportunity this kid did.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Elissia posted:

YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT MY FRIEND

http://pastebin.com/cUQG6AtA

This is honestly amazing. I know its not but i want it to be real.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It seems like it would be really easy to make up a dumb story about butts saving you when you're stranded in another country without including an anecdote about ejaculating on a teenager.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
dudes be spurtin', what can you say

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

It seems like it would be really easy to make up a dumb story about butts saving you when you're stranded in another country without including an anecdote about ejaculating on a teenager.

that's the detail that convinces me it's real. there's just literally no reason to make up something that dumb/disgusting if you wanted to show off how good buttcoins are. he could've said that he got mugged by a scary minority, or had his cash stolen by the evil government authorities on arrival - either of those scenarios fit the lolbertarian mythology perfectly. but no, he had to sexually assault a child.

which to be fair is also a common lolbertarian pasttime.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

cumshitter posted:

Hilarious. Looked it up, he got six years.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
drat, he did too.

quote:

Silk Road Vendor “Digitalink” Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison

A federal judge imposed a six-year sentence on Jacob Theodore George IV, an Edgewood man troubled by a history of arrests, drug abuse and mental health problems who took to selling heroin on the online drug bazaar Silk Road.

George, 33, apologized to the judge for what he had done and described how he cried as he gave federal agents a confession when they caught him. “I made a bad decision helping with Silk Road,” George said, reading from prepared notes to help with his nerves.

I called him a kid, but he was 33 loving years old and should have drat well known better. You could have walked away :argh:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure a South American poster named Magrov poked a few holes in the Brazil story. One of them being that the locations the writer mentions can't be easily reached since the area is one giant forest.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

cumshitter posted:

Jesus christ this is like the Blue Story thread in E/N

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

QuarkJets posted:

Oh and don't forget the drug addict who ordered a bunch of research chemicals off of Silk Road and one day woke up with paralyzed husks where his arms used to be

"arm reduction" -- some genius on yospos I don't know

ok I need details on this

I didn't realise the Chinese research chemicals in the bitcoin mock game were an actual thing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

blowfish posted:

ok I need details on this

I didn't realise the Chinese research chemicals in the bitcoin mock game were an actual thing.

quote:

Cut 5-MAPB almost killed my fiancé and I

submitted 10 hours ago by entheogenicpersona

I think the mapb in our last batch was contaminated with acety-fentanyl or some other very potient opiod

Fiance and I took about 250mg each and 20 minutes in I noticed she was having trouble staying lucid and seemed to be nodding off while talking

She kept saying how sleepy she was and itchy her body was

I realized some bad bad poo poo was about to go down

Kept telling her to stay awake and keep talking to me, eventually she collapsed unconscious

Very jerky breathing

I'm so high at this point I can't see straight and so physically weak I can't hold her upright

Basically sat there for 20 minutes trying fruitlessly to get her up and conscious before realizing that I was soon about to pass out too and if I went under we were both dead.

So I started screaming and crying and begging her to wake up and someone to help us.

Eventually there were knocks on the door but I couldn't unlock it. I kept screaming "KICK IT IN, DEAR GOD JUST KICK IT IN PLEASE MY FIANCE IS GOING TO DIE RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T

I hosed myself up really bad trying to open the door but falling everywere. Cuts and bruises all over, trashed the apartment, broke a water pipe through a wall with my head

Died 3 times.

Body started breaking down muscle tissue and dumping toxins into my bloodstream

Severe liver and renal failure, really bad rhadbomyolosis

I have only partial use of both of my arms and It feels like ive been hit by a truck but I'm going to make it. Fiance was fine, they gave her Narcofan and she snapped right back up.

Be careful.

quote:

D_A_R_E_ 10 points 10 hours ago [quote]

Did you buy this product off any of the DNMs? And if so, which vendor?

[–]entheogenicpersona[S] 15 points 10 hours ago

Montfort off of Agora. Used him many time in the past, favorite vendor of mine with no issues.

I can only guess somehow some of the opiods he sells got mixed in with my MAPB.

Still a solid vendor though don't want to dampen his rep.
same vendor:

quote:

Customer ordered 10g of acetylfentanyl and 100g of methylone from my shop. I forwarded the order to my provider. My provider didn't ship 10g of acecetylfentanyl and 100g of methylone...he shipped 10g acetylfentanyl and ANOTHER 100g of acetylfentanyl. Been using him for over 500 orders without a problem... Customer didn't notice for some reason that both the bags contained the same powder and that the "methylone" was a tan powder instead of being a yellow crystal. received a message after he finalized: "this methylone is obviously contaminated, my buddy used it and he's in the hospital now" I started to investigate as the methylone is always extremly appreciated. Then the day after, received another message "hey bro...sorry to bother but this aint methylone. there's 12 people in hospital now. can i get a refund" I contacted provider who recognised mistake and told me he had shipped acetylfentanyl instead and apologized and agreed to send 200g of methylone for free to compensate. Customer still left 5/5 tough so i guess he was happy to get free 100g acetylfentanyl and methylone despite his buddies almost getting killed by my provider's poo poo. Luckily, everyone recovered. Now that im looking back at the story 1 month later, kinda made me lol imagining an unsuspecting customer wanting a soft MDMA trip and ending up in an hospital bed overdosing on research heroin, wanted to share the anecdote. Still feeling sorry for them, tough. drat chinese, too.
The current title of TCC's RC megathread is "there's 12 people in the hospital now, can i get a refund".

edit: bonus story

quote:

Since messaging his/her business email and asking for a reship has left us with a dead silence, I've decided to go ahead and post here.

Pretty simple story, a group of researchers I know purchased 1g of 5-MeO-MiPT from VENDOR. Shipped with the product were severals papers that appeared to confirm that it was 5-MeO-MiPT.

Unfortunately, instead of drug-testing or allergy-testing the product, the group decided to proceed straight to testing.

Within minutes the normal symptoms of a severe benzodiazepine overdose were observed. Initially we suspected an overdose leading to serotonin syndrome, but the symptoms persisted for approximately ~3 days with severe blackouts.

Upon further examination, it was determined that the sent material was phenazepam and not 5-MeO-MiPT. I guess this is both a warning to always test your purchases and a way to hopefully get the attention of VENDOR for a reship/refund.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 22, 2016

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I don't understand why people would order dubious research chemicals to smoke/snort.

What the hell are you expecting? :psyduck:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I severely injured myself and completly trashed my apartment because i was in a panic that the random poo poo i put in my body would kill me. My arms both dont work now also I hosed up my internal organs really bad. The dodgy rear end drugs were contaminated with other unknown poo poo

Would recommend, really solid supplier.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

godspeed

EorayMel posted:

I don't understand why people would order dubious research chemicals to smoke/snort.

What the hell are you expecting? :psyduck:

I had a friend in college that would do that and yeah I always thought he was a bit of a moron considering we could get E and acid and shrooms and DMT easily.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 22, 2016

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
With regular drugs you know people have been doing them for decades, if not thousands of years, and that they're reasonably safe. Even if research chemicals are just a modified form of the same active molecule, there's no reason to do them. You're volunteering to be the canary in the coalmine.

Also wasn't there a story in the drug thread where some guy claimed his hair fell out and his skin became scaly and grayish and he basically turned into Gollum or something after doing research chemicals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009
I checked the thread and didn't see anything about this so....

There is talk about quantum computers being available in the near future. What would that do for bitcoin mining?

• Locked thread