Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

livingfruitvirus posted:

I heard a rumor that former pest general Dugout Doug passed away.

YER KIDDIN'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

It's the lousy attempt to save the original design by enclosing it in that Gilette for Women looking microphone that is the most disgusting. If he'd just rolled with the jokes about the bad KKTITN tattoo and told everyone to go gently caress themsleves it would have all been fine. Instead he took obvious great personal offense and then made shoddy attempt after shoddy attempt at "fixing" the design. Ah, Jesus Joe.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Never not funny.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I can't imagine a bigger radio bore than Jim Florentine. I can't decide which puts me to sleep more: that dull monotone voice that has never said anything funny, ever; or the ten-second pauses he puts in-between sentences. Ugh.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just found out about all the stuff regarding his wife and cheating out him and it makes it harder for me to buy his 90s badass act.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

It was kind of funny hearing Jim and Opie practically trip over each other trying to defend Amy Schumer this morning amid the joke stealing accusations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

NarkyBark posted:

I can't imagine a bigger radio bore than Jim Florentine. I can't decide which puts me to sleep more: that dull monotone voice that has never said anything funny, ever; or the ten-second pauses he puts in-between sentences. Ugh.

I like him every time he's on and want to hear him more often :shrug:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I hate Florentine, everything about him infuriates me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I hate Florentine, everything about him infuriates me.
He seems to hate just about everyone and everything, so it's theoretically mutual :saddowns:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

While we're talking about ESD's new show, here's one of my favorite R&F Dave clips - "Dave reads bad poetry". The shittiest story ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpdPyjrSe4

"PAY THE MOTHERFUCKER!"

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

CrashCat posted:

He seems to hate just about everyone and everything, so it's theoretically mutual :saddowns:

His whole "What am I a child? I'm a grown man who listens to metal and nothing else" gimmick wears thin after awhile. With Norton there and used sparingly he can be entertaining but can't say I'm a huge fan.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

NarkyBark posted:

I can't decide which puts me to sleep more: that dull monotone voice that has never said anything funny, ever; or the ten-second pauses he puts in-between sentences. Ugh.
now the blueberry is one that can't work on its... own. it needs to have something with it like the kiwi...

it's not um, a...

standa-...

standalone fruit...

Um...

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
You know Tammy's been on Bennington a few times now the last couple months claiming someone big was stealing her jokes but wouldn't say who it was and I pretty much feel bad for her having to apologize for someone else stealing her material this morning. Much like the Cosby thing, if it was one I could chalk it up to "parallel thinking" or whatever excuse that they're using but we got 3 people now, and the poo poo is almost word for word direct rips. Amy's a piece of poo poo and so are the boys for defending her when they would of torn anyone else less famous to shreds.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tr33 posted:

You know Tammy's been on Bennington a few times now the last couple months claiming someone big was stealing her jokes but wouldn't say who it was and I pretty much feel bad for her having to apologize for someone else stealing her material this morning. Much like the Cosby thing, if it was one I could chalk it up to "parallel thinking" or whatever excuse that they're using but we got 3 people now, and the poo poo is almost word for word direct rips. Amy's a piece of poo poo and so are the boys for defending her when they would of torn anyone else less famous to shreds.

Yeah, Schumer keeps chalking up everything to parallel construction, but there's an upper limit on the suspension of disbelief. It's kind of like Mencia with that 'who's going to build the US-Mexico fence?' bit. Every hack comedian did the joke for a few months, but he was the first one to put it on film and 'claim' it so parallel construction is believable in that narrow case. But that also opened the floodgates for a lot of people to come out and air their grievances.

Amy's opened for or had all of her accusers open for her so the opportunity and exposure is there. It's too many things to be a coincidence. However, I would be willing to buy that her writers on her show got lazy and plucked the sleep gym thing, she needs to find a scapegoat.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I always wondered if the pests would turn on the boys eventually

They have, and they post on Reddit

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
If it happens two or three times it can be chalked up as parallel thinking, but when it happens 10 or 20 times then you are into Mencia territory.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

AndrewP posted:

While we're talking about ESD's new show, here's one of my favorite R&F Dave clips - "Dave reads bad poetry". The shittiest story ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpdPyjrSe4

"PAY THE MOTHERFUCKER!"

A similar clip, also awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVlR1he7gQ

shits.ridic
Dec 31, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

i never thought reddit would turn on ant because it's a more right leaning(?) site i guess. opie is fish in a barrel, and they had largely soured on jimmy, but they still loved ant. the rddit moved on to attacking amy shumer for some reason so i got bored. check back one day, and ant's vine faves are exposed :stare: and i think that was the final straw because every time i check the reddit now they are shredding ant just as much as opie. the boys are all very damaged individuals who cultivated this psychopathic fanbase. the weirdest thing is to see them act surprised that it happened

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
O&A used to do assault on the media

Now...O&A are the media.

#ShinkelBoutit

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

shits.ridic posted:

i never thought reddit would turn on ant because it's a more right leaning(?) site i guess. opie is fish in a barrel, and they had largely soured on jimmy, but they still loved ant. the rddit moved on to attacking amy shumer for some reason so i got bored. check back one day, and ant's vine faves are exposed :stare: and i think that was the final straw because every time i check the reddit now they are shredding ant just as much as opie. the boys are all very damaged individuals who cultivated this psychopathic fanbase. the weirdest thing is to see them act surprised that it happened

When they did radio wars and jocktober, they outright admitted that the pests would turn on them some day. They probably said it as a gag and underestimated just how crazy somebody has to be to harass somebody on the other side of the country just because a voice on the radio told them to.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

The Amy joke stealing thing is weak. Like the jokes she stole are terrible in the first place and aren't especially original thoughts, and then the stuff she "stole" from Patrice just makes both of them look bad for telling unfunny street jokes. Not even jokes, really, just things you would hear kids say in middle school but without any sense of irony.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

VikingSkull posted:

They're generally miserable people so it was just a matter of time once the entertainment value of the show began to wane.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Patrice gets a pass because he told one of those sex jokes live on Fox News and was never invited back.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

An Enormous Boner posted:

The Amy joke stealing thing is weak. Like the jokes she stole are terrible in the first place and aren't especially original thoughts, and then the stuff she "stole" from Patrice just makes both of them look bad for telling unfunny street jokes. Not even jokes, really, just things you would hear kids say in middle school but without any sense of irony.

The Patrice thing is especially stupid, but even the supposed smoking guns are all things I've heard before and are not revolutionary or amazing. Someone slapping food out of your hand is not some unique thought that only one person on earth has come up with. There's probably a pictograph of a caveman slapping a flinstones steak out of someones hand

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

jyrka posted:

Not as terrible as some oval office thinking this was a good time to point out that The Eagles were actually, contrary to popular belief, poo poo.

They are terrible

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

SegwayPimp posted:

This is true. It was in poor taste for them to print that.

All 3 of them gushed about Guns and Roses of course....I don't like it when Ant or Ronnie start talking about music; sometimes even Ronnie just doesn't know what he's talking about and could probably get schooled in music trivia by anyone with who has the internet.

whoa someone with the internet would be able to beat someone without in trivia????????

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I didn't have much of an opinion of The Eagles because I was born after the 60s, but then I watched The Big Lebowski.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

shits.ridic posted:

Ant's not surprised, he kinda laughs about it.

For all of his flaws, and we all know they are large and many, Ant still manages to be the most normal dude of the three.

e- also I'd listen to Don Henley or Glenn Frey solo over the Eagles any day, and there ain't no way that's gonna happen

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 22, 2016

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Keg posted:

I didn't have much of an opinion of The Eagles because I was born after the 60s, but then I watched The Big Lebowski.
I was born in 1980 but I still hate The Eagles. I grew up primarily listening to oldies/classic rock stations. I just knew I hated their loving music.

The only exception I'll make is that instrumental piece Journey of the Sorcerer, and that may have more to do with the fact that I primarily associate it with the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio plays.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Finding out my dad also hates the Eagles was one of the first times i felt like i could relate to him dude to dude.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

UncleMonkey posted:

The only exception I'll make is that instrumental piece Journey of the Sorcerer, and that may have more to do with the fact that I primarily associate it with the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio plays.

I never knew that was by The Eagles.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What the gently caress was with that creep that called in first thing during the show this morning? He sounded so emotional.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

JFC posted:

I never knew that was by The Eagles.
Yeah, it's really obscure. I think I only learned that like two or three years ago. I've been listening to those radio plays (not to mention re-reading the books) since like 1990. I was stunned to learn it was an Eagles song. I don't remember how I found that out. It's literally the only Eagles mp3 I have.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SegwayPimp posted:

This is true. It was in poor taste for them to print that.

All 3 of them gushed about Guns and Roses of course....I don't like it when Ant or Ronnie start talking about music; sometimes even Ronnie just doesn't know what he's talking about and could probably get schooled in music trivia by anyone with who has the internet.

GNR rules.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

red19fire posted:

It's kind of like Mencia with that 'who's going to build the US-Mexico fence?' bit.

Mencia's in a league of his own. The most enraging thing I ever heard Mencia do was stealing Bill Hicks' LA Riots/Reginald Denny/"Step on the loving gas" bit. It's one thing to steal someone's joke, it's another to steal topical material and recycle it more than a decade later as though anyone still remembers what the gently caress you're talking about.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

All this Eagles talk has reminded me of one of the greatest breaks of all Ron & Fez: Ronnie B and Chris Pepper Hicks Stanley discussing Joe Walsh's 'Analog Man'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6TZ3eNMBI

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Ant's not surprised, he kinda laughs about it.

For all of his flaws, and we all know they are large and many, Ant still manages to be the most normal dude of the three.
The other two guys kept their poo poo in line enough to maintain an easy money job. Gonna have to disagree there, Ant's off the rails.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Mencia's in a league of his own. The most enraging thing I ever heard Mencia do was stealing Bill Hicks' LA Riots/Reginald Denny/"Step on the loving gas" bit. It's one thing to steal someone's joke, it's another to steal topical material and recycle it more than a decade later as though anyone still remembers what the gently caress you're talking about.

Mencia did one of Cosby's most well known bits during one of his specials, almost word-for-word. He isn't just a joke thief, he's probably a crazy person.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
He's not a crazy person, he's THE PUNISHERRRRRRR!

(I haven't listened to Rogan's rant about him in a long time I should correct that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The 2 WTFs that Maron did about him, one with him and one with other hispanic comedians, are really good as well.

• Locked thread