Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Are all yeti's thieves, or just most of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Are all yeti's thieves, or just most of them?

I find their conduct abominable.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Panty Thief stole the werewolf's buckler and beat him with it. Amazing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ramc posted:

Panty Thief stole the werewolf's buckler and beat him with it. Amazing.

I don't know if "stole" is the right term.

They were french kissing like 5 minutes before, so maybe it was some kind of engagement gift? Maybe a "Thanks for letting me get to first base" gift?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I don't know if "stole" is the right term.

They were french kissing like 5 minutes before, so maybe it was some kind of engagement gift? Maybe a "Thanks for letting me get to first base" gift?

Then he hit him with it so hard it jammed ribs into his liver.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ramc posted:

Then he hit him with it so hard it jammed ribs into his liver.

Foreplay is hard.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

At least Eyeteeth found out that you can do a lot more damage with a heavy metal buckler than a wooden one. Just, you know, now how he'd've preferred to. I think Dory and Panty could have had a good chance to have won that even in a 2 vs 4.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah This Bites just, um, don't have any killing power. Teeth don't count. Eyeteeth definitely doesn't count.

edit: James Largesausage_PENIS: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 19, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

Yeah This Bites just, um, don't have any killing power. Teeth don't count. Eyeteeth definitely doesn't count.

edit: James Largesausage_PENIS: Death... This is truly horrifying.

And yet they have like 3 wins? I love those guys.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

And yet they have like 3 wins? I love those guys.

There are worse depths than lack of killing power.

Nega-killing power.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

There are worse depths than lack of killing power.

Nega-killing power.

I don't think I've ever seen someone fight so bad they bring someone back to life yet.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I did find the "Ban Bad Munki" button which is an odd thing to have scripted into a site, but whatever.

Noooo don't ban the other bowbold

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone fight so bad they bring someone back to life yet.

We've already started to see phasing. It's only a matter of time.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Indeed, soon our fighters will be able to punch through to the 'other side' and drag their poor, dead enemies soul back for another shot.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Anchors posted:

Indeed, soon our fighters will be able to punch through to the 'other side' and drag their poor, dead enemies soul back for another shot.

These WWE drama metaplots are getting weirder and weirder.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I did find the "Ban Bad Munki" button which is an odd thing to have scripted into a site, but whatever.

Honestly that seems like a pretty reasonable thing to me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My updates won't be as regular (if you can call them that) in the near future. I'll try, but it likely won't be daily through weekdays anymore.

That being said:

:siren: Round 8, Fight 2 :siren:

Two Chicks with Dicks is on the left side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears no armor.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears a leather cap, leather armor, and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears a copper mail shirt.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and wears no armor.

Worker Cooperative is on the right side of the arena.
Combat Liberalism (Jack the Lad) is a female gremlin. She wields an iron large dagger and wears no armor.
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Zwingley) is a female kobold. She wields a silver whip and wears no armor.
Jameson the Unruly (alvie) is a male human. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a copper cap, a copper breast plate, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Albrik the Insignificant (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears a bronze cap, leather armor, leather leggings, and leather low boots.

Worker Cooperative is a 2.66 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 7667.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2884.00 dwarfbucks for Two Chicks with Dicks.

The gladiators meet and it's two devastating blows against Unthrottle. Bo stabs him in the leg, cutting all sorts of things, and the kobold falls to the floor. Before she even reaches the floor, Stumpy lives up to his name and stumpifies Unthrottle's hand. Will Worker Co-op be able to win in a 4v3?

Well I sure as poo poo didn't see this coming. Jameson slashes Bo blindside and chops off the humans head. Combat Liberalism takes off Suck and gently caress's entire arm to make the limb-count even.

Everyone is just swinging for the fences here. Albrik's first swing tears some fat on Stumpy's arm, but the backswing connects solidly. Stumpy's stomach, guts, and spine are all severed as Albrik's axe chops him nearly in two. :monocle:

So that's the first 2 seconds of combat. Everyone's first blows have landed.

Stumpy has no choice but to pass out. Combat Liberalism plants a dagger in Suck and gently caress's stomach, and the goblin looks greener than normal.

Richard Kyanka stabs Jameson in the stomach, but Jameson doesn't react other than to begin bleeding a lot.

Albrik chops off Stumpy's head.

Jameson continues bleeding and swinging that deadly sword of his. Richard Kyanka's foot flies through the air, and the dark gnome falls to the floor.

Suck and gently caress isn't out of the fight just yet. She hammers Unthrottle's foot, and it explodes into gore. Down below, Jameson chops the dark gnomes leg off. Albrik isn't to be outdone, and he plants the axe into Suck and gently caress's leg which sends the goblin to the floor.

Suck and gently caress manages to push Unthrottle's ribs into his lungs, and the kobold passes out. Jameson chops deep into another dark gnome leg. Poor Richard Kyanka. But wait! Richard strikes from the ground and severs ligaments in the humans hand! Jameson passes out from the pain.

Suck and gently caress, from the floor, grabs Combat Liberalism and throws him straight up into the air. That's the last thing she does as Albrik arrives on the scene and chops off her head.

Richard Kyanka stabs the downed Jameson in the head.

And then Richard Kyanka bleeds to death about 2 seconds later just as Combat Liberalism smashes into the ground. Jameson gets that kill despite being dead at the time.

What did someone say about bringing people back to life and killing them again? We're a step closer now with a kill from beyond the grave.

Worker Cooperative just won a very very close 4-1 match.

Also: That's the shortest fight we've ever had. A lot of the 2v2 matches had longer combat logs than that. Seriously, check it out, it's only 106 lines of combat and very bloody. Nearly every attack lands successfully; gotta be drat near 90% but I'm too lazy to do the math.

Kills:
Jameson: 2
Albrik: 2

Richard Kyanka: 1

Combat Log

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:black101: :siren: BLOOD :siren: :black101: BLOOD :black101: :siren: BLOOD :siren: :black101:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Next up:
Worse Munki (7,918) vs Team Laser Explosion 1,183

Get in at 8:1 odds!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I guess that's what happens when neither side invests many points in armour.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I let the fight run another few clicks of the . button. The other kobold bled to death in about 10 seconds, so the fight was very nearly 4v2.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Hmmph. Not proper or right to keep fighting that hard after being stabbed in the kidney... At least I got another kill I suppose.

Edit: It seems like the kill isn't showing up on the arenachallenge website though. It is incorrectly listed as a 4-0 victory for the reds.

The ideology eater fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 21, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Syrupleaf off to a good start. A scrappy division.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Not only is that a kill from beyond the grave, it's a revenge kill from beyond the grave. Also, the early pacesetter Albrik has just hit double figures.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

LorrdErnie posted:

Edit: It seems like the kill isn't showing up on the arenachallenge website though. It is incorrectly listed as a 4-0 victory for the reds.

Crap. I knew I forgot something.

Little help, Jazz? I dont see a way to fix this on my end.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Biggest betting disparity right now is Go big and/or go home(1000) vs Spooky Scary Skeletons (11,000). That's 1:11!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

I believe in huge payouts them!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I need my daily dwarf blood & violence fix. Where's my fix?!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mygna posted:

I believe in huge payouts them!

But you don't believe in team laser explosion?

Show some support.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

jon joe posted:

I need my daily dwarf blood & violence fix. Where's my fix?!

Man, you've already had a match this month.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round 8, Fight 7 :siren:

Lightly Whipped is on the left side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (Ghostwoods) is a male molemarian. He wields a silver whip and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields an iron whip and wears a steel helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a silver whip and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, and copper greaves.

The Petting Zoo is on the right side of the arena.
Antwoman (Spermy Smurf) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields an iron large dagger, a copper large dagger, a copper large dagger, and a bronze large dagger and wears an iron helm, a copper mail shirt, and copper greaves.
A Lost Cowman (Locomotive breath) is a male minotaur. He is empty handed and wears a silver helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, copper greaves, and silver gauntlets.
Simon Belmole (Ablative) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper scourge and wears a copper cap, a copper mail shirt, and copper high boots.
Stephen Harper (ChickenWing) is a male serpent man. He wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears leather gauntlets and leather high boots.

The Petting Zoo is a 2.79 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 4034.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1448.00 dwarfbucks for Lightly Whipped.

That's all the dwarfbucks put on this fight? Ho, ho, it sure would be embarassing to have a fight with so little placed on it. I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with that shame. :smithicide:

Cowman and Grimmik are the fastest. Grimmik dodges away from Cowman. Belmole takes a bruise from Trump, then breaks her bone. Cowman grabs Ghost-trees by the toe, throws that mole away, then charges Grimmik and this time the gremlin takes a sprawl. Not to be outdone, Trump charges Belmole and knocks him over. Christ, this is annoying. Molemarian 1 fighting Minotaur 2 and Minotaur 1 fighting Molemarian 2 in the logs as I see it. Anyway, whichever mole was thrown skids, but is protected from the ground by armor, suffering only a stun.

Trump grabs Cowman's toe, and she greviously bruises him with her horn. Cowman bruises back with a punch. Cripes, this is not exactly going to be a quick... oh. Antwoman stabs Trump in the arm, and Trump collapses.

Most of these people are stunned, because that just seems to be the match standard. Cowman takes to goring, attacking Trump and damaging her lungs. Antwoman continues her "actually effective" stabbing fest, moving on to Ghost-trees and taking enough of his foot that the mole collapses. Stephen would like to remind you he exists, so he splatters Grimmik's weapon hand, and the whip is lost. Antwoman keeps at Ghost-trees, and his whip is lost, too. That means that only Jupis is even still armed on the side of Lightly Whipped. And he hasn't done much.

Ghost-trees takes another foot stab, and loses his temper. Probably not that meaningful any longer, to be honest. Cowman is still busy trying to kill Trump, and is gradually making headway. Stephen is gradually bruising Grimmik to death. The fight's over, honestly, unless Jupis suddenly gets a burst of inspiration, but death is a long way away. Case in point: Antwoman disables Ghost-trees' shield hand.

And, well, there's Jupis. Antwoman loses a hand and dagger, but she's got three more of each. Off flies another body part. It's Ghost-trees's left thumb. Jupis hits again. Another dagger lost, another hand disabled. Antwoman is too busy hacking at the molemarian to pay attention to the strangler that's actually shredding her. For some reason, Belmole tackles the so far largely ineffectual Stephen. Another finger flies from Ghost-trees. Then a foot. Jupis keeps attacking Antwoman, but she seems to be keeping better track of her limbs now that she's down a couple. Belmole gets in on it, chopping off a Ghost-trees foot. Jupis disables a third arm on Antwoman. I'm honestly not sure which of Antwoman or Ghost-trees have more limbs left working at this point. I've sort of lost count.

Pictured: lost body parts. Somehow, Trump still isn't dead, and Cowman is still vigorously, but ineffectually, trying to change that. Finally, after more effort from Belmole, Ghost-trees bleeds to death for our first kill. It's actually not entirely one way, though. Another vicious lashing and Antwoman has had enough hand damage; she gives into pain. Two head shots, and she's dead. Good going, Jupis. That's tied things up. Jupis comes around to the minotaur pile, and breaks a leg bone that was probably on Cowman, not Trump. Cowman punches back.

Also, Stephen and Belmole are I guess having a tiff; they 'accidentally' slam into each other again.

We've kind of spread around a bit. Mainly because Cowman is not as easy to take down as Antwoman. Jupis bothering him has resulted in the strangler getting bowled over, a hand exploded by minotaur horn, and then he was thrown so hard he goes skidding. He's lucky he has that armor, or he'd be a smear at the end. Finally, though, the serpent man manages an actual blow again, and suddenly the slippery Grimmik is having a hard time breathing. Belmole joins in; another light scourging, and Grimmik is out of the fight. Mind you, Belmole is not kind. The mole bites off the plucky little guy's arm.

Finally, after much ado, Trump bleeds to death, thanks primarily and most recently to Cowman. Just in time; Jupis has managed to run back from where he was thrown. Maybe he's going to... never mind. Cowman is done playing around. He grabs the strangler with one hand, thumb completely closing off Jupis's airway, then just punches with the other hand. His fist comes out the other side of the skull. Minotaurs are loving scary.

A single instant later, Grimmik bleeds to death, with the surprising Stephen Harper claiming the kill stroke.

Final Score
Lightly Whipped: 1
The Petting Zoo: 4

Kills
Jupis Tooki McGannel: 1
A Lost Cowman: 2
Simon Belmole: 1
Stephen Harper: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dont worry guys, just getting my arms cut off. Keep playing with your downed gladiators and dont bother helping.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
it does seem a bit poo poo that antwoman pretty much won the fight and didn't get any of the kills.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Um actually I think Cowman earned his two kills fair and square, though big props to Antwoman for the assist. :smug:

For real though at least one member of our team brought an actually sharp weapon. A bold move, certainly.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Locomotive breath posted:

Um actually I think Cowman earned his two kills fair and square, though big props to Antwoman for the assist. :smug:

For real though at least one member of our team brought an actually sharp weapon. A bold move, certainly.

Scourges are sharp!!!

They just have really poo poo penetration. And I can't afford decent-material gear because of size bias.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Oh. I knew that. Just testing you! But hey, you don't need to justify yourself, at least you killed someone, unlike a certain other person on our team.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

LorrdErnie posted:

Hmmph. Not proper or right to keep fighting that hard after being stabbed in the kidney... At least I got another kill I suppose.

the real question is why richard couldnt have had the decency to not die for a little while longer so albrik could have gotten three kills instead

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Antwoman no longer solely leads the kills for the zoo, as A Lost Cowman has drawn level, with Belmole just behind. That's only Lightly Whipped's fifth kill, taking them to marginally better than one kill every two fights, but their team still bears the repugnant blemish of two unblooded. Shame them!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

Antwoman no longer solely leads the kills for the zoo, as A Lost Cowman has drawn level, with Belmole just behind. That's only Lightly Whipped's fifth kill, taking them to marginally better than one kill every two fights, but their team still bears the repugnant blemish of two unblooded. Shame them!

I dare-say, Lightly Whipped has more shame than this arena has blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

Finally, after much ado, Trump bleeds to death, thanks primarily and most recently to Cowman. Just in time; Jupis has managed to run back from where he was thrown. Maybe he's going to... never mind. Cowman is done playing around. He grabs the strangler with one hand, thumb completely closing off Jupis's airway, then just punches with the other hand. His fist comes out the other side of the skull. Minotaurs are loving scary.

:stare:

That is why Panty learned teleport-dodging.