Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hogge Wild posted:

i seem to have misplaced my goldmining button, so could someone else goldmine this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760639&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post455134699

Thanks for reminding me! Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
You are a good and an efficient mod, a starwar betamax.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I am a mod from the future world of 2012. In that future year I have successfully replaced GBS' background with hot twinks by doing some 'under-the-table' negotiations with an aging Lowtax.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

More gang tags, more forums cancer

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
bring back the big table braking redtexts and stupid newbie

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

I've lost 30 pounds since july!

Are you still running?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Are you still running?

No. I think I have an intestinal worm though.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ha ha what the heck man u going fishin?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What's the worm's name? I'm sad you're not still running. I was hoping we could be marathon buddies once I actually get to run a marathon...:sweatdrop:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What's the worm's name? I'm sad you're not still running. I was hoping we could be marathon buddies once I actually get to run a marathon...:sweatdrop:

I had to stop runnning a year ago because i have a torn meniscus in my right knee.....i need to get it fixed but i keep putting it off. when the torn piece gets displaced it gives me lots of pain and makes my knee swell up... but i found one weird trick to fix it. I find the lump on side of knee where the cartilage is sticking out and i push on it with all my force and it pops back in!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I had to stop runnning a year ago because i have a torn meniscus in my right knee.....i need to get it fixed but i keep putting it off. when the torn piece gets displaced it gives me lots of pain and makes my knee swell up... but i found one weird trick to fix it. I find the lump on side of knee where the cartilage is sticking out and i push on it with all my force and it pops back in!

That sounds really awful. It sounds painful for one, and it is really a bummer that you're unable to run. I hope you can get it fixed soon. I like to run every day, tomorrow's run is dedicated to you!!

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Surgeons hate him!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
starwars you should try wheelchair racing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thanks for reminding me about that... still waiting on franco to upload the fix!

it's done.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
We should have Helot Day wherein some godawful permanent resident thread is declared Helot Thread and reminded of its place (toilet) lest it entertain notions of freedom (from sucking) and for 24 hours we go in and sack the place and steal the harvest and call them fuckin nerds

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

We should have Helot Day wherein some godawful permanent resident thread is declared Helot Thread and reminded of its place (toilet) lest it entertain notions of freedom (from sucking) and for 24 hours we go in and sack the place and steal the harvest and call them fuckin nerds

What is a Hellot?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What is a Hellot?

It's when the score is still tied after 3 overtimes...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol keep up the good work

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

What is a Hellot?

They were the spartan slave/peasant class and the Spartans used to declare open season on them once a year to scare the crap out of them and thin their numbers so they wouldn't revolt

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want an Agility stat in my profile

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
peanut's forums cancer avatar doesn't show until i hit submit reply it's freaking me out man

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Same. Mods please do my forums cancer PROPERLY

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
I find that my red title is not offensive enough and is horribly outdated. Can a mod kindly spruce it up a bit? TIA.

Jailbrekr fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 22, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd like Total Hours Logged In to SA under each posters AV

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

I'd like Total Hours Logged In to SA under each posters AV

This

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Reward vs. Punishment. It's easy to use negative reinforcement... but could we get better results from POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT.. like making sure to sticky good threads, cool mod challenges, etc! Maybe mailing people little prizes? I have no idea.

I tried the reward system (I even rewarded you with some socks at one point). It doesn't seem to work as well as negative reinforcement, unless you're willing to put a ton of work into it (thinking up challenges/rewards/fun trinkets). Maybe that's where you will succeed. I know you have the potential to be great, I just hope you also have the stamina to keep it up after months of these people's crap.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hi i'm also gnarly hotep i reward posters i've been cooking up this idea where i reward good post by quoting them and writing "zippity-doo-doo excellent job" it's kind of an empty quote plus if u will people can keep track of their good posts and we'll have a hall of ame

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
oh i see we're a "these people" now

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

you are like some kind of all-flesh cyborg!

gnarlyhotep posted:

I tried the reward system (I even rewarded you with some socks at one point). It doesn't seem to work as well as negative reinforcement
i never ever make threads but as soon as the reward system came in i was like FINE :colbert: ill make a goldmine thread! (it was really easy; all threads should be gold)

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 22, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

gnarlyhotep posted:

I tried the reward system (I even rewarded you with some socks at one point). It doesn't seem to work as well as negative reinforcement, unless you're willing to put a ton of work into it (thinking up challenges/rewards/fun trinkets). Maybe that's where you will succeed. I know you have the potential to be great, I just hope you also have the stamina to keep it up after months of these people's crap.

I wear those socks every day gtep ill never take them off

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

Bro I warned you, I warned you.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Bro I warned you, I warned you.

Shut the gently caress up

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

you seem upset, friend

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jukeboxblues posted:

I'm here for you, is there something troubling you? It's ok to talk about it. Just pm me if you don't want to over share.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

you seem upset, friend

I am always upset thanks to Obama.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

I am always upset thanks to Obama.

same, but replace "obama" with "chronic alcoholism" :(

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm here for you

cool maybe could u instead be over there for him thanks

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

gnarlyhotep posted:

i think the people who got ur rewards loved them tho, win98 had a picture of his new place and the :butt: plushie ur lady made was on proud display on his hall table :3

e: i forget who showed me another one of ur prizes they won it looked like a purse sized mummy coffin

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 22, 2016

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

whoflungpoop posted:

i think the people who got ur rewards loved them tho, win98 had a picture of his new place and the :butt: plushie ur lady made was on proud display on his hall table :3

e: i forget who showed me another one of ur prizes they won it looked like a purse sized mummy coffin

Oh I know some people liked it, I got plenty of positive feedback. It's all the negative crap that outweighed it for me. That and I have an actual job and life which made the little time I had to spend on forums janitorial duties not worth it. But again, SWB is a different sort of cat than me, maybe he has the time and fortitude to make it work for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

Oh I know some people liked it, I got plenty of positive feedback. It's all the negative crap that outweighed it for me. That and I have an actual job and life which made the little time I had to spend on forums janitorial duties not worth it. But again, SWB is a different sort of cat than me, maybe he has the time and fortitude to make it work for him.

you had a good lifecycle. do you ever miss it?

• Locked thread