Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Not sure about anything on this PSP :/

WIll back up then check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

BadAstronaut posted:

Getting some error... this likely won't remove anything from my memory stick, right?

I think whatever you're trying to do here would result in the PSP checking games and apps against the account that activated/downloaded/bought them and if it doesn't match, you should get a message that the selected software is not available. Still, PSP BoF III is only available on the EU PSN, so if your main account is in NA, you won't be able to play it normally anyway, you'd have to deactivate the PSP's main account and activate the EU one. It's a bit of a pain, but less so than on the Vita.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I am busy backing up right now. 99.9% sure the main account is EU as well. Plus I have the CFW launcher on the drive so as long as BoF III is copied over I should be able to get it to launch easily enough. Time will tell.

EDIT: Well, everything that was on the memory stick seems to still be working just fine. Cool thing is I can use that Media Go for my PSP purchases despite error messages and it asking me to update (to remove my CFW). Thanks for the suggestion!

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 21, 2016

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
we probably due for a flash sale this weekend huh

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

John Romero posted:

we probably due for a flash sale this weekend huh

50/50 chance. We have another weekend left for January.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Well it was a pleasant surprise that I apparently already own the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection and Demon's Souls after getting excited at the Big Adventure Sale, I guess.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they were all free + games at various points. you should maybe play demons souls

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
NA store:

23 PS4 avatars from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are now available.

PS Blogcast is up. I'll type out what will be revealed for next week in a bit.

Japan store:

Demos of Dragon Quest Builders are now available, if you want to check that out:
PS4 version
Vita version

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It should also be noted that the Vita version of A Boy and His Blob is up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yechezkel posted:

Japan store:

Demos of Dragon Quest Builders are now available, if you want to check that out:
PS4 version
Vita version
gently caress yeah, getting this on my PS4 right now. Then gonna get tired of using Google Translate after like three screens :hellyeah:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some of the things announced to come out next week, from PS Blogcast

quote:

PS4 Games
Gemini: Heroes Reborn
Lego Marvel's Avengers
This War of Mine: The Little Ones (available Friday, January 29)
The Witness

PS3 Game
Lego Marvel's Avengers

Vita Game
Lego Marvel's Avengers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm solved my own issue

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

CrashCat posted:

gently caress yeah, getting this on my PS4 right now. Then gonna get tired of using Google Translate after like three screens :hellyeah:

Just spent an hour or so with it and it's quite nice! It has that classic Japanese RPG tutorial style that sorta assumes you don't know how to read while teaching you to play. Little icons for what you need next, pictures of the buttons you need to press to make it happen and highlighted text for keywords. If you have a basic understanding of Minecraft it's a cinch!

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Is the PS store (UK) down for anyone else? I haven't been able to access it at all today or yesterday.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can access the UK store from the webstore, PS4, and PS3 from USA here.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fraction posted:

Is the PS store (UK) down for anyone else? I haven't been able to access it at all today or yesterday.

It's working for me on a web browser and my Vita.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 22, 2016

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fraction posted:

It's almost always inaccessible to me if I do literally anything on the PS4 before trying to use the store. Reboot and try again and it's fine. This seemed to get fixed two system updates ago, but the last one brought it back with a vengeance - it used to only be a problem if I'd played a game, but it now happens if I look at my friends list, trophies, Netflix or Spotify too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Finally, I thought The Witness was never gonna come out.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's working for me on a web browser and my Vita.

Not working for me on web browser - I've accessed from this browser/computer before. :shrug:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fraction posted:

Not working for me on web browser - I've accessed from this browser/computer before. :shrug:

Do you have something like Peerblock or a VPN running? That's prevented the store page from loading for me before.

I imagine some adblockers might also break whatever scripting runs on the store.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

No but am accessing from work pc during my break - guess the recent work system update could have blocked it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

barren_sky posted:

Just spent an hour or so with it and it's quite nice! It has that classic Japanese RPG tutorial style that sorta assumes you don't know how to read while teaching you to play. Little icons for what you need next, pictures of the buttons you need to press to make it happen and highlighted text for keywords. If you have a basic understanding of Minecraft it's a cinch!
Yeah, I got pretty far without understanding a word. Eventually got to a quest where there wasn't icons or markers to make it obvious but it took a while.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son
Any recommendations for a fairly cheap j/rpg, in the vein of Final Fantasy etc? Need something to kill the hours with.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Stereo posted:

Any recommendations for a fairly cheap j/rpg, in the vein of Final Fantasy etc? Need something to kill the hours with.
PS3/Vita/PS4?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stereo posted:

whatever console you have, Child of Light should be what you're looking for if you haven't played that.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

axleblaze posted:

whatever console you have, Child of Light should be what you're looking for if you haven't played that.

This and Citizens of Earth maybe? Not sure how it turned out.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

Harlock posted:

PS3/Vita/PS4?

Sorry PS4!

axleblaze posted:

I'll have a look, thank you.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Seconding Child of Light. It's great.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Does the PS4 work the same as the PS3 wrt getting games on my japanese account and then I can play those using my normal account?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

KoB posted:

Does the PS4 work the same as the PS3 wrt getting games on my japanese account and then I can play those using my normal account?

Essentially yes although only really with one PS4 you would activate as the primary for the Japanese account.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

KoB posted:

Yeah, if the PS4 is set as your primary device for the JP account, any of the stuff you get through it can be used by the others who log in on that machine.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Yeah, if the PS4 is set as your primary device for the JP account, any of the stuff you get through it can be used by the others who log in on that machine.

I havent loaded it up on my Ps4 before with it. Would it prompt me when I log in for the first time?

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
This Don't Starve situation is confusing. For PS4, the main game is on sale for $3.75 with the DLC being an additional $5. On Vita, the game + DLC is $3.75 and is cross-buy with PS4. Am I missing something?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Xenin posted:

This Don't Starve situation is confusing. For PS4, the main game is on sale for $3.75 with the DLC being an additional $5. On Vita, the game + DLC is $3.75 and is cross-buy with PS4. Am I missing something?

It's been confusing since they came out.

Vanilla Don't Starve was a PSN freebie for PS4 on release. Don't Starve + DLC came out for Vita, it was crossbuy with the PS4 version. Downloading the Vita version gave you access to the DLC on the PS4 version also. So. Yeah. Seems like a "bug" that they just never bothered to fix?

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004

ddogflex posted:

It's been confusing since they came out.

Vanilla Don't Starve was a PSN freebie for PS4 on release. Don't Starve + DLC came out for Vita, it was crossbuy with the PS4 version. Downloading the Vita version gave you access to the DLC on the PS4 version also. So. Yeah. Seems like a "bug" that they just never bothered to fix?

So buying the Vita complete version will give me the DLC for PS4, but will it give me the base client for PS4, if I've never downloaded the freebie previously?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Anything unassumingly good in this indie sale? I have to admit I am tempted to pick up Bastion again for 3.75

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think hands of fate is supposed to be pretty good. if its down to $6 though it will probably be free soon

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

MisterAlex posted:

Except for avatars for some reason.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is Eiyuu Senki any good? I'm not seeing a lot of reviews for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I might give The Vanishing of Ethan Carter a go at that price. I've really been into story-focused games lately.

• Locked thread