Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Maybe archive this thread and he can start a new one if he wants 'I live in Detroit (and the library was better)'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Supreme Allah posted:

Maybe archive this thread and he can start a new one if he wants 'I live in Detroit (and the library was better)'.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

acrobatbob posted:

Our first real catastrophe has happened. One of the cats knocked over my Christmas plates last night.

You are now officially a cat owner.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Maybe Charlie didn't want the Christmas festivities to end?

Can we really blame Charlie for wanting the Christmas spirit to be year round?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

CH isn't dead, he just isn't posting.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

acrobatbob posted:

Our first real catastrophe has happened. One of the cats knocked over my Christmas plates last night.

So you left a box full of ceramics at a height of 3'+, near the edge of a shelf or similar, probably with the top of the box off, locked in a room with cats?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

It's all part of the cat experiance.

My wife bought these christmasy long stem decorative glass tealight candle things (the gently caress do I know, it's her thing).

They came in a pack of three and the cat knocked one over.

She was super seriously bummed. I found the last store in a town 40 miles away to still have them. They didn't sell them individually. They are also distinct in that they are of a different heights.

I was a hero. I made her cherished thing whole. And I had spares for the other two.

A week later the cat knocked the same one over again :(

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

you might be doing cats wrong, i have a 2 year old cat ive raised from 3mo and the worst she does to the house is lick and drool on the fuzzy blankets

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bacon Hat posted:

you might be doing cats wrong, i have a 2 year old cat ive raised from 3mo and the worst she does to the house is lick and drool on the fuzzy blankets

In my experience, boys are much more likely to knock poo poo over than girls. They're more prone to chasing each other around, and maybe also like to shove their stupid heads against precarious objects while marking them with their cheek glands. Although girls are not immune from either behavior.

Serious advice: get ahold of some museum wax and use it to stick down anything fragile that you put on shelves the cats can get to.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

simplefish posted:

CH isn't dead, he just isn't posting.

hm, unlikely.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

only the goon that employed him knows what the gently caress

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Bacon Hat posted:

maybe CH is now buried in his backyard

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Leperflesh posted:

In my experience, boys are much more likely to knock poo poo over than girls. They're more prone to chasing each other around, and maybe also like to shove their stupid heads against precarious objects while marking them with their cheek glands. Although girls are not immune from either behavior.

My girl cat likes to get on the end table and push every object off, one by one. Remotes, coasters, tissue boxes, anything that's there. She just kind of bats them over the edge and watches them fall. It's so deliberate. We had a male cat who did that when I was a kid, too.

Basically, all cats are assholes.

Sorry about your plates, acrobatbob. :( Those cats sure know how to show their appreciation for your hospitality.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

yea ppl talking about cat thread closure are right

i got a card in this hand because my cat is the same (american grey shorthair cross) as charlie

but god dammit if i dont want goon hobo closure too, i also love karaoke and success stories

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheReverend posted:

It's all part of the cat experiance.

My wife bought these christmasy long stem decorative glass tealight candle things (the gently caress do I know, it's her thing).

They came in a pack of three and the cat knocked one over.

She was super seriously bummed. I found the last store in a town 40 miles away to still have them. They didn't sell them individually. They are also distinct in that they are of a different heights.

I was a hero. I made her cherished thing whole. And I had spares for the other two.

A week later the cat knocked the same one over again :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUEQYjYgf4

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

hm, unlikely.

will bet you whatever you like

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Bacon Hat posted:

I'm fairly certain no one here actually thinks he's dead, but for what it's worth we've had confirmation from anonymous employment goon that he's alive and attending work.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

acrobatbob posted:

I'm fairly certain no one here actually thinks he's dead, but for what it's worth we've had confirmation from anonymous employment goon that he's alive and attending work.

Good times.

I think everyone just needs to let him settle into his work, he's probably a bit overwhelmed with the moving across the country and starting a new job, which probably has new technologies, and new ways of working that he needs to concentrate on.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Pro tip your Xmas decorations are less likely to be destroyed if you have them out for a period if time less than three goddamn months

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I think the only way this thread can end is when CH is CEO of the corporation he is now in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Parity warning posted:

Pro tip your Xmas decorations are less likely to be destroyed if you have them out for a period if time less than three goddamn months

The decorations weren't out. They were in a box in the basement

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SalTheBard posted:

The decorations weren't out. They were in a box in the basement

i feel like most posters itt dont even keep up with the events of tt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parity warning posted:

I take my tree down on the 1st of January. Xmas was long over by then. Stop teasing these cats.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Serious advice: get ahold of some museum wax and use it to stick down anything fragile that you put on shelves the cats can get to.

I lived with a girl cat that looked just like Charlie and she was destructive as hell. Knocked over plants on the reg. I once caught her pulling a thumb tack out of the wall with her teeth. Also very vocal and demanding of attention when it suited her. Maybe they're related.

Edit: also, like Charlie, she was adorable and therefore difficult to stay mad at.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Darth123123 posted:

I take my tree down on the 1st of January. Xmas was long over by then. Stop teasing these cats.

Maybe Charley was just tired of looking at Christmas decorations?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

Aren't there 12 days of Xmas, so the tree stays up until Jan 6?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i feel like most posters itt dont even keep up with the events of tt

"events"

Either way the orphan cat definitely got sick of it being out for so long and took revenge

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Cats are minions of Satan, they don't like Jesus. This is why they smashed the Christmas plates and also they have been stealing the children's breath.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
RIP in peace OP, he never scored (a job)

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Let's play 'what's on the counter'

E: Actually, that's a dumb game. It's chicken.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

acrobatbob posted:

the best thing cats do is stretch out real long like this. fuckinlove seeing how long i can stretch my cat. its why small dogs arent as good imo. i dont trust their weird non bendy midsections

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

the best thing cats do is stretch out real long like this. fuckinlove seeing how long i can stretch my cat. its why small dogs arent as good imo. i dont trust their weird non bendy midsections

Longcat vs Tacgnol is one of the best wallpapers I've ever had:

Tacgnol every time.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I have a fairly small dog and she does this thing where she'll put her paws on my thigh and stretches out and it's adorable

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Magres posted:

I have a fairly small dog and she does this thing where she'll put her paws on my thigh and stretches out and it's adorable

ugh. insufferable.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

This is because cats are made from prank peanut can snakes, whereas dogs are made out of circus peanuts.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Robviously posted:

This is because cats are made from prank peanut can snakes, whereas dogs are made out of circus peanuts.

That's some serious wisdom right there.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

acrobatbob posted:

Charlie is a very handsome boy.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So CH died, huh?

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Charlie is a very handsome boy.

:agreed:

My "Charlie" does that too when she wants my food. Also usually when it's chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
I'd give him until Sunday. See if he can't find some free time and internet access on the weekend.

Maybe entering a new chapter in his life includes not posting on these ridiculous forums anymore.

• Locked thread