Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Magres posted:

What was up with release Orr?

Twice as many mobs with more CC

It was terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Did you know people paid money for these books?

Multiple dentists did as guild event prizes :lol:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

Did you know that Destiny's Edge killed one of Jormag's champions (an ice skeleton with a cow skull head and white robes because clothes are for monsters as well as people) by Snaff piloting his cephalolithopathic golem made entirely out of sand grains that each had a tiny powerstone attached so that it became Sandman: golem edition, named Sandy, and collapsing a tunnel on top of it?

this is the most ridiculous poo poo smdh why isnt there a golemancer class yet

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I have one of the books. I assume I bought it. I don't remember much about it.

Then again I bought the Legendary or whatever edition of GW2 with the metal box and the statue of Rylock.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
That statue is amazing, and everything contained in the collector's edition has been 100% worth it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Dreggon posted:

lmao he left a precursor behind

You could have skipped the dog food Arus.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

You could have skipped the dog food Arus.

can't believe he actually ate it :cawg:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

mind the walrus posted:

Is this why Plains of Ashford has no world boss fight?

While almost totally irrelevant I think it's interesting to note that the Flame Legion Shaman that spawns by that lake with all the oil monsters wasn't exactly a world boss but back in beta he was an enemy that could and did devour entire armies of pubbies. Then he got demoted into group event. Now he's just an event.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

While almost totally irrelevant I think it's interesting to note that the Flame Legion Shaman that spawns by that lake with all the oil monsters wasn't exactly a world boss but back in beta he was an enemy that could and did devour entire armies of pubbies. Then he got demoted into group event. Now he's just an event.

oh man i remember that guy

thought i was hot poo poo when i killed him during beta

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah, basically each dragon has a weakness. Mordremoth's weakness was the dream, and you steal the dream from him. Zhaitan's weakness was the corruption of orr. By healing the corruption the big bad dragon became stupidly weak amd easy to kill. Yes, this is anet's explaination to him being such a stupidly easy boss.

Let's get a head start on the sea dragon, then. New law: All nations must dispose of their garbage in the sea. We'll show that rear end in a top hat. Heh-heh-heh.

[edit] Or, joke option, when we finally get around to the sea dragon, (last but not least, right?) we'll find that he's already dead. Choked to death on the runoff from the Black Citadel.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 21, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

You forgot the abyss or celestial dyes

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

No angel wings, 4/10

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Oh, it's just an image I found. If I were making it, it would have wings instead of the quiver. And that one hairdo with a flower in it. (Do human male Thieves exist?)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mizuti posted:

Oh, it's just an image I found. If I were making it, it would have wings instead of the quiver. And that one hairdo with a flower in it. (Do human male Thieves exist?)

Yes, they wear shadow abyss t3 with some variety of flaming gauntlets.

e: in addition to the proposed changes Bolt should be replaced with the Dreamer. who runs sword thief these days

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 21, 2016

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e: in addition to the proposed changes Bolt should be replaced with the Dreamer. who runs sword thief these days

all I ever see and hear these days is two Incinerators and neigh neigh neigh

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

they told me not to go to far point and I said neigh, neigh, neigh

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

lol you certainly won't find any of those thieves in the raids

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
If they were to backpedal and change dungeon rewards back to normal, would people be playing them more or complain that they are the same content from 3 years ago?

I've been taking a small break(ish) from GW2 by playing other MMOs and I get pissed when everything is character specific or doesn't let me play with friends (down/up scaling ). Account wide everything has spoiled me.

Here is top hoping they change some things unannounced on the 26th!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

J3ng4 posted:

If they were to backpedal and change dungeon rewards back to normal, would people be playing them more or complain that they are the same content from 3 years ago?

Yes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

J3ng4 posted:

I've been taking a small break(ish) from GW2 by playing other MMOs and I get pissed when everything is character specific or doesn't let me play with friends (down/up scaling ). Account wide everything has spoiled me.

Here is top hoping they change some things unannounced on the 26th!

I'd be happy with any old content brought back like the queen's gauntlet for example.

And yea I'd do dungeons again if they had the old rewards, could use the money for my future twilight.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yes, they wear shadow abyss t3 with some variety of flaming gauntlets.

who runs thief these days?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lonk posted:

who runs thief these days?

touché.

however I bullied Hlatun into letting me take my thief to raid Monday and thanks to the alacrity nerfs provided more personal dps than my chrono provided party dps, so I look forward to the 8-thief meta next week. :q:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 21, 2016

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Bring your thief every time.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I feel bad everytime someone mentions raids because I has heavy set into doing them myself, but I'm like 4/5ths of the way through xenoblade and now I really wanna start beating all these console games I've been neglecting for years.

Besides, I still have to grind vipers before I can do anything.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Poniard posted:

Bring your thief every time.

I like the cut of your jib

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Thief DPS is already really good if you know what you're doing and as of the 26th it's going to be even better, so yeah. I love how much damage my staff/shortbow DD can do.

Speaking of DPS I should really switch out my Berserker gear on my berserker warrior for something with more condition damage

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
So are thieves the new rangers?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i genuinely wish they had added dungeons in the expansion because those are pretty fun. i would like some along the lines of the ones from eye of the north but i don't know if stuff like that is even possible anymore since everything has turned into 'dodge the red circle' in gw2.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Or keep the zerk gear and run Phalanx Strength. Supposedly they're fixing the double-hits on Revenant hammer 2 so I could see the same thing happening for the Berserker longbow burst, but they also mentioned building torch 4 so that you could get multiple hits on a target running away from you. It could go either way really.

If you just want to run DPS for raids, get a Tempest going. Maurader armor and weapon is like 30% more health pool for I think about 7% damage loss, and is cheaper to craft than Zerk anyway if you already have a tailor up, if you're worried about survivability. Plus you poo poo out healing with the shout heal and have 1200 range with staff.

The only time condi builds are a flat out requirement is for Vale Guardian, viper Berserker just happens to do a lot of damage because of the double field thing.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

So are thieves the new rangers?

"Passable DPS but nothing else really going on" was Necromancer.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Adhesive Gamin posted:

"Passable DPS but nothing else really going on" was Necromancer.

Is this no longer the case with Necro? I've been leveling mine, he's 56 now and the more I learn/experience with the class the more it seems like they're just not great at anything.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenshin posted:

Thief DPS is already really good if you know what you're doing and as of the 26th it's going to be even better, so yeah. I love how much damage my staff/shortbow DD can do.

The issue with thieves in raids (which will be a non-issue on Tuesday) is that the dps, while good, was still comparable to tempests, berserkers, heralds, etc and so forth, without bringing the essential party buffs those classes offer (powerful damage and healing, perma-max-might, perma-fury and +50% boon duration, etc and so forth). It's a very selfish class. Given the patch previews and the fact that Karl's solution to everything is BIGGER NUMBERS they are likely to break back into the meta with a vengeance, but dps was never really thief's issue. Lack of party utility was.

If you're interested in raiding I recommend becoming familiar with staff/daggers because you will literally never use your shortbow ever at all.

e: re: the BIGGER NUMBERS: he said sword's autoattack numbers, for example, would go up around 30%. Given the aa was already the best dps choice on that weapon (barely edging out pistol whip) that is basically a flat 30% damage increase for thief's weakest melee weapon. staff and daggers are likely to be... silly.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 21, 2016

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The issue with thieves in raids (which will be a non-issue on Tuesday) is that the dps, while good, was still comparable to tempests, berserkers, heralds, etc and so forth, without bringing the essential party buffs those classes offer (powerful damage and healing, perma-max-might, perma-fury and +50% boon duration, etc and so forth). It's a very selfish class. Given the patch previews and the fact that Karl's solution to everything is BIGGER NUMBERS they are likely to break back into the meta with a vengeance, but dps was never really thief's issue. Lack of party utility was.

If you're interested in raiding I recommend becoming familiar with staff/daggers because you will literally never use your shortbow ever at all.

Nah I raid on my berserker or chronomancer as needed, thief is for everything else because it's the most fun

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenshin posted:

thief is the most fun

this I can get behind :hfive:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

just noticed the new mod starling, nice

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
They need to make a thief double pistol build viable or give more sweet HOPE effects to engineer kits for me to ever justify making that weapon.

Holy poo poo it does look and sound cool though :negative:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Shab posted:

Is this no longer the case with Necro? I've been leveling mine, he's 56 now and the more I learn/experience with the class the more it seems like they're just not great at anything.

condi necro is p. good for raids, but you wouldn't see any of that that during leveling

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
Condi Reaper is pretty comparable (possibly even better damage) than the current Burnzerker, but it requires being able to abuse Jagged Horrors with the Death Magic trait line. If you have a fight like Sabthea or Gorseval where there are mobs constantly dying, you can get out a lot of Jagged Horrors and sustain 20-40k Bleed ticks depending on how well you play it and how well your healer heals the Jagged Horrors. There are drawbacks, though, like how underwhelming the build can be if you are just running around doing nonsense by yourself, or how the Jagged Horrors will cause Sabetha to put down fire AoE in melee range because they mess with her AI somehow. It's a really fun and gimmicky build, though, definitely at least worth trying if you are interested in it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of necromancers (and not that reddit... thing) I've been running the minion necro build from scores and scores of pages ago but I'm really not sure which gear type I should be focusing on. I've been going mostly Vitality and/or Toughness and Condition Damage when I get to choose but I'm really kind of flying blind, though enjoying just tearing through the main story like nothing. What, ideally, should I be looking for?

• Locked thread