Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

I think there is no official date for the first season pass dlc set but that's what people have been saying based on Battlefield 4's release schedule.

I just don't think this game can really live for 2 more months with no extra content (that will halve the playerbase anyhow but hey). People will just move on at that point.

I stopped playing this game the second week of December and yet follow this thread waiting to see if they will ever actually communicate, release patches, tell us their DLC schedule, etc.

Your post is pretty indicative of the mess the Jakku update made the game three weeks into its life. First DLC to hit is gonna further reduce the playerbase and probably kill the game outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

What they mentioned was "we are aware of vague things such as WEAPON BALANCE or VEHICLE BALANCE". It was a statement of acknowledgement, with a nebulous promise to fix some of it, somehow, at some point in the future.

This is something that took two months folks.

Yeah it's getting a little ridiculous.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, is it ever possible to take the last Turning Point?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I haven't played Turning Point since a day or so after it came out because frankly it just blows as a mode. It's just a worse Supremacy. But yeah, at that time capping the last point was really, really hard. Mainly because the imps will spawn practically on top of it just like the middle point on Supremacy Tatooine.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's possible it just requires a hell of a push. It's not so different from winning Sullust as Imperials. Requires a basically perfect push where you kill the gently caress outta everyone. A few key orbital strikes/thermals can make a big difference, and on Turning Point everyone should be using bowcasters or at least nades.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Use smoke. It encourages your teammates to advance.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

It's possible it just requires a hell of a push. It's not so different from winning Sullust as Imperials. Requires a basically perfect push where you kill the gently caress outta everyone. A few key orbital strikes/thermals can make a big difference, and on Turning Point everyone should be using bowcasters or at least nades.

In other words a coordinated team effort... oh wait

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
For maximum enjoyment on that last point, as either imperial or rebel, get a loadout with EE-3, explosive shot, impact grenade and thermal grenade. Grenade the point on cooldown, and explo-shot the rest.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Two kills with one shot on the pulse rifle plus getting better with headshots with the cycler rifle == sniper master (when I get lucky).

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

spiralbrain posted:

Two kills with one shot on the pulse rifle plus getting better with headshots with the cycler rifle == sniper master (when I get lucky).

Ever considered a loadout with Pulse/Cycler and bounty hunter. With bh3, you reset after each kill.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
New fun trick to do: use the Falcon to ram tie fighters in their spawn. Since people are just attracted to trying to shoot the Falcon for some futile reason, you get a bunch on your tail very quickly. So just turn quickly, and then insta gib everyone that crashes into you.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
A Brazllian EA video out early says there's a free Tatooine map, and skins for Luke and Leia, coming at the end of this month.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yay, so they extracted some stuff that was probably meant for the season pass to appease the masses instead of fixing the balance ASAP?

The season pass must be really loving special if they hand out normal maps for free...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hopper posted:

Yay, so they extracted some stuff that was probably meant for the season pass to appease the masses instead of fixing the balance ASAP?

The season pass must be really loving special if they hand out normal maps for free...

Do we know that these were originally "intended" for the Season Pass?

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Uhm, excuse me good gamers, but the season pass comprises four EXPANSION PACKS, not just piddly free maps :pram:

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Hello Spaceman posted:

Uhm, excuse me good gamers, but the season pass comprises four EXPANSION PACKS, not just piddly free maps :pram:

Expansion #1: Buy now for 2 week early access to the DL-44 v2, with a greater RoF and smaller spread! In this update, the bowcaster now charges twice as fast and we decided getting to BH3 was too hard, cooldown refresh is now at BH2!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Any speculations on what the free stuff specifically will be?

Luke skin: I'm hoping for the flight suit. That would work for Hoth, and for Yavin IV and Dagobah in the future. It's more visually distinctive than the Bespin fatigues, and fits in more environments than Luke's initial Tatooine outfit.

Leia skin: I suppose the Endor commando outfit is the most likely, but I'm mostly hoping for the classic white gown and hair buns. Sticks to her current colour scheme and it's iconic as hell.

Tatooine map: I *hope* they would follow the Jakku route, and make one large map with a smaller variant. That may be restricted to the paid expansions. Chances are it'll just be another small map in the rotation, which as a freebie I can't complain about. My money is on a Mos Eisley Blast/Drop Zone/Cargo map. Can go through the cantina, some crashed ship wreckage, lots of buildings around a main street. Could easily be scaled up for a large map usable by WA/Fighter Squadron, just add in the existing spaceport hangar and more buildings.

For the love of god I hope they fold both this and the Jakku stuff into the main game as a title update.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Bounty Hunter Leia along with the voices.

"YOH-TOH! YOH-TOH!"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Do we know that these were originally "intended" for the Season Pass?

First of: This may sound harsh, but I am not angry at vidya games, just disappointed because I actually love this game for what it could be but at the same time... :dice:, :dice: never changes.

No we don't know this because I pulled that poo poo out of my rear end. But would it be so surprising?
:dice: are largely ignoring/oblivious of glaring issues and have apparently learnt nothing from the disaster BF4 was before they stepped up their game about 1 year into its lifetime.

The same as usual applies: They should acknowledge and fix urgent issues that are killing off the player base of this game, and afterwards provide free stuff instead of distracting the playerbase with fluff content while not tackling the real issues.
And even if they include the needed balancing tweaks with this free stuff (which may split the player base even more btw.) they need to communicate a lot better.

Plus real question, if they provide free maps regularly, what did people pay for in terms of the season pass then?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Base Command seriously pisses me off, it''s like it's deliberately made to make you grind and rank up in the game just to get the best cards to beat it.

I know almost nobody cares about Base Command but it still frustrates me.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

What the hell is Base Command

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hopper posted:

Plus real question, if they provide free maps regularly, what did people pay for in terms of the season pass then?

Other paid maps, and game modes?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hopper posted:

Exclusive Emotes!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What the hell is Base Command

It's the mobile app that you can also play on a desktop for some reason.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Base command is the lovely cell phone game that hypes the real game before release

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I have never played a game so loving infuriating at this one. Why can guys kill me from across the loving map but if I'm ten feet from a guy I can't hit him

Like I just got 8 kills and there's plenty of guys getting 25-30 and a few getting 50. What the gently caress am I doing wrong

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 22, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Finally got a chance to ram Slave I with the Falcon, very satisfying.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Pookum posted:

Base command is the lovely cell phone game that hypes the real game before release

Hush yo mouth. Base Command is great.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I have never played a game so loving infuriating at this one. Why can guys kill me from across the loving map but if I'm ten feet from a guy I can't hit him

Like I just got 8 kills and there's plenty of guys getting 25-30 and a few getting 50. What the gently caress am I doing wrong

What weapon are you using? The DL 44 and Sec-14 are great close range weapons that it's easy to get kills with. I personally use the latter a lot. It has pathetic range but it's absolutely lethal from mid to close range.

Also use Scan Pulses for your card. Nothing can make your kills go up faster than using scan pulses a lot and constantly knowing where enemies are. It's especially lethal when you combine it with the Bowcaster and/or powerups (thermal imploders, etc). But even if you lack those you can use it to properly time when to attack people. I can't stress enough how powerful scan pulses are. You will get a ton of kills if you make good use of them because you'll always get the drop on people.

Other than that a lot of is just knowing the maps and practicing and finding a kit that you like.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Casimir Radon posted:

Finally got a chance to ram Slave I with the Falcon, very satisfying.

I don't play often, but I've still never seen the power up for the Slave 1 or the Falcon.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

What weapon are you using? The DL 44 and Sec-14 are great close range weapons that it's easy to get kills with. I personally use the latter a lot. It has pathetic range but it's absolutely lethal from mid to close range.

Also use Scan Pulses for your card. Nothing can make your kills go up faster than using scan pulses a lot and constantly knowing where enemies are. It's especially lethal when you combine it with the Bowcaster and/or powerups (thermal imploders, etc). But even if you lack those you can use it to properly time when to attack people. I can't stress enough how powerful scan pulses are. You will get a ton of kills if you make good use of them because you'll always get the drop on people.

Other than that a lot of is just knowing the maps and practicing and finding a kit that you like.

Thank you. I bought the sec14 and wow what a difference. I'm actually able to kill enemies now.

But I still don't see how people get so fuckin many kills

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 22, 2016

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Base command is incredibly fun and incredibly easy. I really wish there were more levels.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Spacebump posted:

I don't play often, but I've still never seen the power up for the Slave 1 or the Falcon.

You've got to go skulking around close to the ground as soon as the game starts. And hope you find it before someone else does.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Thank you. I bought the sec14 and wow what a difference. I'm actually able to kill enemies now.

Generally if they're getting a lot of kills they're using powerups effectively. When I rack up huge scores it's because I'm making good use of the powerups I get like thermal imploders etc. Or I'm in a vehicle a lot. Get in an At-ST/ATAT and use it well and you can rack them up like nothing. Same deal if you get in an A-Wing or Speeder.

Also once you get good with the Bowcaster that's a guaranteed kill (or more) every time its cooldown is up. Even more deadly when you combine it with Bounty Hunter which sometimes gives you power ups when you kill someone and resets your cooldowns with every kill when you get it to phase 3.

Blaster kills are only a small part of how the top players rack up those huge scores.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Is it possible for the Imperials to even win rogue squadron? (Or whatever the gently caress the flying maps are called) It seems like the Rebels win every time

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 22, 2016

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My key to success is the CA-87, Thermal Detonator, and the Jump Pack. Throw your grenade at the height of your jump and blast anyone you land near. I consistently get over 30 kills. I do only play Blast and Drop pod though, so that could factor into it a lot.

I don't remember ever seeing the green bug aliens you can play as in the movie, what scene were they in?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Is it possible for the Imperials to even win rogue squadron? It seems like the Rebels win every time

I've never played the first one, but Razor Rendezvous was a pretty hard level in Rogue Squadron II.

:v:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Is it possible for the Imperials to even win rogue squadron? (Or whatever the gently caress the flying maps are called) It seems like the Rebels win every time

No.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Hopper posted:

First of: This may sound harsh, but I am not angry at vidya games, just disappointed because I actually love this game for what it could be but at the same time... :dice:, :dice: never changes.

No we don't know this because I pulled that poo poo out of my rear end. But would it be so surprising?
:dice: are largely ignoring/oblivious of glaring issues and have apparently learnt nothing from the disaster BF4 was before they stepped up their game about 1 year into its lifetime.

The same as usual applies: They should acknowledge and fix urgent issues that are killing off the player base of this game, and afterwards provide free stuff instead of distracting the playerbase with fluff content while not tackling the real issues.
And even if they include the needed balancing tweaks with this free stuff (which may split the player base even more btw.) they need to communicate a lot better.

EA's Battlefront page actually has some details on what the whole season pass entails. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/season-pass
I surmise that the content will all be part of a big patch, ensuring everybody gets to download it, and then unlocked with a 1MB download for those who purchase it outside of the season pass. The free content is probably teaser content to draw interest in season pass purchases.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What helped me was seeing how much damage each of the weapons does (over here) and knowing how many blaster bolts it takes to get a kill. Two for the DL-44. Three for the T-21B. But I often get taken out from across the map with some bullshit speculative fire from a DL-44. Some people are really good when it comes to aiming at mere pixels :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zoran posted:

I've never played the first one, but Razor Rendezvous was a pretty hard level in Rogue Squadron II.

:v:

dude, word

• Locked thread