Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lot of Dev comments on reddit today. They've read the Poe thread, and are also discussing hard mode drop rates internally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH

Tom Tucker posted:

Could everyone please get their math out of my phone game about a group of ewoks fighting sith lords??

Sorry, math is everywhere.

For example, imagine you buy two gallons of milk and give the cashier $5. How many Poe shards to you get back in change?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Saitorr posted:

For example, imagine you buy two gallons of milk and give the cashier $5. How many Poe shards to you get back in change?

Zero. Because the drop rates on shards are ridiculous.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Saitorr posted:

I no longer buy milk I convert my money into internet currency which I convert into crystals which I convert into energy to skip playing a level in a game in the hope of winning a random piece equipment in the game to equip a character to hit another person's character while he isn't actually playing in the hopes of getting more crystals that I can convert into energy again. I fear the sun.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/42003y/detailed_analysis_of_poes_bravado/
The Poemath thread.

Interesting stuff, for us MATH NERDS.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Tom Tucker posted:

I no longer buy milk I convert my money into internet currency which I convert into crystals which I convert into energy to skip playing a level in a game in the hope of winning a random piece equipment in the game to equip a character to hit another person's character while he isn't actually playing in the hopes of getting more crystals that I can convert into energy again. I fear the sun.

Hey me too. For context, a hundred years ago out ancestors worked 14-hour days and read the newspaper for fun. I'm glad they're dead because they would hate us.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

A hundred years ago our ancestors were probably dying of lead-poisoning from a dozen puncture wounds in some blasted out hellscape (well, not mine :sweden:). They died for our right to play lovely phone games, okay, so don't spoil the memory of their sacrifice :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

A hundred years ago our ancestors were probably dying of lead-poisoning from a dozen puncture wounds in some blasted out hellscape (well, not mine :sweden:). They died for our right to play lovely phone games, okay, so don't spoil the memory of their sacrifice :colbert:

They were dying of lead poisoning because gasoline had lead in it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Lot of Dev comments on reddit today. They've read the Poe thread, and are also discussing hard mode drop rates internally.

That's what all devs say just to quiet people down. "We are discussing internally." I honestly don't have much faith in these devs but we will see with the next patch.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
OH! You get awards for achievements!

No wonder I was missing Dark Side characters.

Well I'm an idiot

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 21, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got one Dooku shard out of a bronze card.

One insulting shard.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

OH! You get awards for achievements!

No wonder I was missing Dark Side characters.

Well I'm an idiot

How many crystals and darth vader shards did you just collect?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

How many crystals and darth vader shards did you just collect?

Haha, about 300 crystals and 26 darth vadar shards

edit: and about 2500 ally points

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 21, 2016

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Are the challenges only supposed to show two different types at a time? In the beginning it showed all of them at once. But now I only get to choose from two each day.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Are the challenges only supposed to show two different types at a time? In the beginning it showed all of them at once. But now I only get to choose from two each day.

You get this every Sunday. Read the OP, there's lots of good stuff there :)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

2 challenges/day, all challenge types are available on Sundays.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

$10.99 / 21 days

100 crystals / day

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Poemie Don't Play That

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Boom! Seven Star, purple Luminara. Excellent choice all around. She's fast, strong, resilient and her heal/heal over time is really good. She takes the leader spot in all my GW parties and never really has to step out. I'm about half way to 5* Sid and then I'm not sure what I'll work on. GW shards will probably go to promoting my Phasma since she has a bit of utility.

EDIT: 7* Sid, not 5. My brain is mush.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 22, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Levantine posted:

Boom! Seven Star, purple Luminara. Excellent choice all around. She's fast, strong, resilient and her heal/heal over time is really good. She takes the leader spot in all my GW parties and never really has to step out. I'm about half way to 5* Sid and then I'm not sure what I'll work on. GW shards will probably go to promoting my Phasma since she has a bit of utility.

Nice! I also just hit this, it's pretty sweet. I'm about halfway to G8. I've decided to go with R. Pilot, because he's pretty boss, will probably go Phasma next.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Malgrin posted:

Nice! I also just hit this, it's pretty sweet. I'm about halfway to G8. I've decided to go with R. Pilot, because he's pretty boss, will probably go Phasma next.

I'm thinking about going all in on trying to farm up Dooku shards. Mine is 5* I think? He's just really consistently good and tends to be a big deal in later GW matches for me. His stun lands more often than not and sometimes jumps like Daka's does. His counter is boss and his double attack rate feels really high too. I just don't know if I can get enough shards farming Hard modes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Levantine posted:

I'm thinking about going all in on trying to farm up Dooku shards. Mine is 5* I think? He's just really consistently good and tends to be a big deal in later GW matches for me. His stun lands more often than not and sometimes jumps like Daka's does. His counter is boss and his double attack rate feels really high too. I just don't know if I can get enough shards farming Hard modes.

Yeah, I've been doing Dooku hard shards forever, and it is goddamn slow. Will be doing Dooku from Cantina when I get the chance (working on Luke's 7th star right now). Dooku and Phasma are really good together. Depending on how much R. Pilot scales going into 5 and 6 stars, I may switch tracks to Phasma.

I would love to have a team that looks like:

Phasma (lead), Poe, Dooku, Daka, R. Pilot (later FOTP).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 22, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I've been doing Dooku hard shards forever, and it is goddamn slow. Will be doing Dooku from Cantina when I get the chance (working on Luke's 7th star right now). He and Phasma are really good together. Depending on how much R. Pilot scales going into 5 and 6 stars, I may switch tracks to Phasma.

I would love to have a team that looks like:

Phasma (lead), Poe, Dooku, Daka, R. Pilot (later FOTP).

How far into Cantina do you have to get to farm Dooku? I've been spending my Cantina energy on Finn but I sort of feel like I should double back and work on Chewie or Talia til they are maxed. They aren't core members like Lumi are but tend to fill a role in GW matches. If they end up dying I don't worry to much about it though. My A team looks like Lumi/Sid/Dooku/Kit Fisto/Old Daka. Sometimes Kit gets swapped for Phasma, just depends on if her buff is worth it in a match or if I need a better AoE.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Levantine posted:

How far into Cantina do you have to get to farm Dooku? I've been spending my Cantina energy on Finn but I sort of feel like I should double back and work on Chewie or Talia til they are maxed. They aren't core members like Lumi are but tend to fill a role in GW matches. If they end up dying I don't worry to much about it though. My A team looks like Lumi/Sid/Dooku/Kit Fisto/Old Daka. Sometimes Kit gets swapped for Phasma, just depends on if her buff is worth it in a match or if I need a better AoE.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/swgoh-shard-farming-locations/

6-G. Gotta get that level 69.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ok, thank you. It'll be a while because I don't really spend on energy. I'm sitting at 59 now and just kind of building resources. It's nice because I don't run into too many "gently caress you" teams at the rate I play.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So need one more dark side ally for my fifth spot, and I'm thinking of Greedo, as I've got enough arena tokens to buy him.

Is that an ok choice? Or should I hold on for something else? I can't find any other dark side character that I could buy right now with the tokens I have.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Greedo is fine. Greedo is dandy. He does a lot of damage and goes very well with Sid leader and OK with Phasma so he is easy to mesh into a team.

He's basically a bad FOTP that throws grenades. Grenades are very rarely useful. Being a bad FOTP is not that bad. Geonosian Soldier or IG-86 are good alternatives for dark side shooty folk. GS is farmable in the first Cantina Battle, IG-86 takes GW shards (away from Lumi/Phasma). But Greedo takes Arena shards away from Sid. I skipped Sid for Kylo Ren and it worked out OK but not fantastic.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 22, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Galactic war gets loving stupid at 60...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

So need one more dark side ally for my fifth spot, and I'm thinking of Greedo, as I've got enough arena tokens to buy him.

Is that an ok choice? Or should I hold on for something else? I can't find any other dark side character that I could buy right now with the tokens I have.

Who are your 4 so far? Greedo is pretty bad, and if you take him, you'll probably be locked into leveling him for the next 30 or so levels (at least). I would really recommend trying to get someone else. Also, I think you can run quite a few dark side missions before you get to 5 anyways, right? Or am I just completely wrong?

In other news, my team is wrecking arena right now. 6* Luke or Sid lead (running both though), 4* Poe, 7* Lumi, 4* R. Pilot. I'm one item short of having Poe to G8, so he's generally going first (although sometimes their Sid gets in first), and yeah, he's pretty OP. He's still a little light on HP for my team, but as long as he survives a round of attacks, he's done his job. I'm at least halfway to 5* Poe, and have about a day left on 5* Pilot. I've got a few more days on 7* Sid, and probably a week left on 7* Luke...so...I'm going to have to make some tough decisions on how to spend credits (not to mention the roughly cost to level everyone to 62 tonight/tomorrow).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Malgrin posted:

Who are your 4 so far? Greedo is pretty bad, and if you take him, you'll probably be locked into leveling him for the next 30 or so levels (at least). I would really recommend trying to get someone else. Also, I think you can run quite a few dark side missions before you get to 5 anyways, right? Or am I just completely wrong?

Talia, Geno Soldier, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard

Right now I'm about halfway through Level 4 in Dark Side battles, and having only 4 characters (plus an assist) is starting to be a struggle.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 22, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Talia, Geno Soldier, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard

Right now I'm about halfway through Level 4 in Dark Side battles, and having only 4 characters (plus an assist) is starting to be a struggle.

First Order Stormtrooper. He can be hard-shard-farmed in 2 locations, so it shouldn't take you too long to hit 25 shards. I would recommend this a lot more than Greedo. Use your tokens for the longer term gains, like Sid.

E: making a run for 1st in 15 minutes. Wish me luck! Also, I hope I can clear GW tomorrow...

E2: I lost my battle against 1st because their Poe went first. They did have 1k more power than me (I have 19.5), so really the determining factor was a coin toss (their turn meters were equal). After returning to screen, I discovered I'd been sniped down to 8 (probably in between my climb to 4th and my attack on 1), so I had to spend 50 to refresh my attempts and take 4th back, and I just got my 4th place rewards. Not too bad...but I should have gone for 2nd :(.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 22, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Malgrin posted:

First Order Stormtrooper. He can be hard-shard-farmed in 2 locations, so it shouldn't take you too long to hit 25 shards. I would recommend this a lot more than Greedo. Use your tokens for the longer term gains, like Sid.

E: making a run for 1st in 15 minutes. Wish me luck! Also, I hope I can clear GW tomorrow...

E2: I lost my battle against 1st because their Poe went first. They did have 1k more power than me (I have 19.5), so really the determining factor was a coin toss (their turn meters were equal). After returning to screen, I discovered I'd been sniped down to 8 (probably in between my climb to 4th and my attack on 1), so I had to spend 50 to refresh my attempts and take 4th back, and I just got my 4th place rewards. Not too bad...but I should have gone for 2nd :(.

Welcome to Arena in the Poe meta. I'm happy just to finish in the top 20 these days. I don't think I'll be giving any fucks about Arena until the meta isn't disgusting anymore.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm only 4 shards away from unlocking Vader! I'll either need to win two more Galactic Wars (not happening today with the high-level Dooku spam), or unlock another light side character(three piece on Jedi Guardian with one farm spot, so probably not happening tomorrow), or star-up two characters(I'm very close on Ewok elder). Hopefully, I'll have it done by Monday.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I've been playing this game casually, without reading about THE META or anything up to this point. Now that I have, apparently I have been developing all the wrong characters (except Lumi) lol. I've been using a Baroness led jedi team for GW up to almost lv 50 and I can auto the entire way, without much risk. I feel like she is a really strong character with great healing.

My GW/PVP team is Baroness, lumi, JC, Dooku and Ashoka.

I'm also working on a droid team, that I eventually would like to be my "main" team of HK, IG-88, IG-86, Poggle and Daka. I also have IG-100, but he seems less good than IG-86.

What do you guys think? Should I just continue on, or should I switch to the whole Poe+first order thing.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Pawn 17 posted:

I've been playing this game casually, without reading about THE META or anything up to this point. Now that I have, apparently I have been developing all the wrong characters (except Lumi) lol. I've been using a Baroness led jedi team for GW up to almost lv 50 and I can auto the entire way, without much risk. I feel like she is a really strong character with great healing.

My GW/PVP team is Baroness, lumi, JC, Dooku and Ashoka.

I'm also working on a droid team, that I eventually would like to be my "main" team of HK, IG-88, IG-86, Poggle and Daka. I also have IG-100, but he seems less good than IG-86.

What do you guys think? Should I just continue on, or should I switch to the whole Poe+first order thing.

Honestly don't sweat it too much, have fun with your team. Bariss is still useful, and looking at her future I think she gets powerful again with Gear IX and lvl 80. And eventually the game will switch back to being more Jedi-friendly. By the time you bother getting a good Poe he won't be what he is now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

What's it like to not have half your squad heal blocked all the time

I don't get it, I really never have more than one dude heal blocked.

But I can explain my experience in Galaxy of Heroes in three words:

- Dodged
- Deflected
- Resisted

Galactic War has turned to poo poo since I hit 57. Every single match from the BEGINNING OF THE BOARD has been bullshit combos like sidious, dooku, kylo.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah every single Galactic war for me just has Sidious, Dooku and Lumi as guaranteed. Sidious I'm just used to and honestly prefer that his AI uses the AOE attack over hitting someone with heal immunity, but Dookus potential for spike damage shits me up the wall until I land a random Daka stun on him and can kill him safely.

What I really hate are the teams that run Daka or Rey. Opening the fight with a 5k+ crit or two party members stunned while the enemy keeps reviving is always annoying as poo poo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just wish the developers made sure your team always went first. There is nothing fun about the enemy AI going first. It just shouldnt be balanced that way. Even if they give the AI an advantage the other way, just let us go first. It's the AI, they don't need to have fun playing GoH. But I hate going into a match and Sidious does his AOE on my team and dooku lightning stuns my healer.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Depending on how much R. Pilot scales going into 5 and 6 stars, I may switch tracks to Phasma.

Mine is 5* gear VII and is by far the hardest hitter on my team, his basic can crit for 4.5k, special for 6k. FoTP is better still, but RP is much easily available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'm running into some weird high lvl teams after the 70 patch, lots of dudes with 62+ teams but only 4-5 stars :iiam:

Got Kylo now, but wont bring him in to replace Talia until he's 5 stars like she is. Also mats and gear... and droids, so many droids...

• Locked thread