Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

thechalkoutline posted:

$10.99 / 21 days

100 crystals / day

This doesn't seem like that great a deal and what a weird price point. Why not $9.99?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
At what point did you all switch into using GW points to get resistance pilot? After Lumi hits 6?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I think I'm done with GWs now. For the last three days, it's been nothing but Poe/Sid/Lumi spam on every team. Occasionally spiced with Dooku/Luke, FOTP. It's just not fun to slog through all that.

On the upside, I unlocked Vader this morning. Ended up running two keycard battles to train him up since I'm not going to be playing the game much today. Also got a FOTP myself from a Chromium.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

The $10.99 for the crystal sub is kinda turning me off of the game. That's over double what other games charge for similar services, and even double what EA itself charged a few weeks ago for the very same subscription. Meh.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Who are the best aoe toons?

I have sid, phasma, tarkin, ventress, is there anyone who scales really good for aoe?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hell yeah, just kicked the crap out of a Sid/Poe/Luke/Kylo/Lumi team with Phas/Sid/Daka/Talia/Chewie. Only lost Talia in the end, but it really could've gone either way with a couple different rolls of the dice.

Focused on Poe from the start, but I still needed a couple rounds to knock him down. Luke was an easier kill, and Daka started landing a few stuns at that point. Sid's dodges were almost a bit too much, and Lumi got Talia to gently caress off, but Kylo wasn't getting the job done for him since Daka had an answer for everything he did. Chewie was a lifesaver with his taunt whenever things got a bit too hot.

It was arguably the most engaging Arena matchup yet.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

xyigx posted:

Who are the best aoe toons?

I have sid, phasma, tarkin, ventress, is there anyone who scales really good for aoe?

Kylo Ren's aoe is not fantastic damage but the AI resets the cooldown with its own aoe and just randomly. More damage than phasma's but no slow, obviously.

HK-47 and Boba have decent damage aoes with status effects. Plo Koon's damage sucks but offense down is good, but he has no potency so good luck. No idea how IG-100 damage or potency scales bit I think it deletes turn meter and can inflict offense down on crits - not 100% sure about that, though.

Greedo bombs do great damage, but have to beat tenacity and wait 2 turns.

edit: Vader's AoE is decent too I think?

kaschei fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 22, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

I'm running into some weird high lvl teams after the 70 patch, lots of dudes with 62+ teams but only 4-5 stars :iiam:

Got Kylo now, but wont bring him in to replace Talia until he's 5 stars like she is. Also mats and gear... and droids, so many droids...

My coworker is a pure F2P that played since release, he just hit 62 and 4 stars is a high char for him. He hangs out around 1100 in his arena bracket, unlocked Stormtrooper Han, then switched to Sid. Never beat a galactic war. So you could completely be running into him or people like him.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Munkaboo posted:

At what point did you all switch into using GW points to get resistance pilot? After Lumi hits 6?

Correct. I do buy her shards as well though every other day or so, she definitely is worth maxing out.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I really hate not being able to save during my save scum sessions.

This took FOREVER. gently caress the new GW, and gently caress CG for taking their sweet loving time fixing this bullshit game.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 22, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

commish posted:

The $10.99 for the crystal sub is kinda turning me off of the game. That's over double what other games charge for similar services, and even double what EA itself charged a few weeks ago for the very same subscription. Meh.

I'll add it to the list.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the 60+ teams when I'm not even 60.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

commish posted:

For most people, when EA did this it was $5 for a week of crystals, although I think it was 150/day. There were a few people who got lucky and got the month of crystals for $5, but very few people got that. I also think they gave you like a 200 crystal bonus, so that's 7*150 + 200 = 1250 for $5. Now, they're offering 2200 for $11. Yeah, it's a slightly worse deal, but you're getting like $15 worth of value, so, if you're spending $$ anyways....

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Except packs are stupid, you only need 200 crystals/day for refreshes, which isn't completely out of real of possibility to get without paying a cent.

I get it pretty easily in the 100-50 arena bracket + the GW win + daily challenge rewards.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Just began, and not saving the premium currency to buy the biggest gacha machine pull (as in 2.520 crystals) is going against all my instincts. What do you get for your crystals if you buy Data Cards? Just components? Not enough shards to make it worthwhile?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fat Samurai posted:

Just began, and not saving the premium currency to buy the biggest gacha machine pull (as in 2.520 crystals) is going against all my instincts. What do you get for your crystals if you buy Data Cards? Just components? Not enough shards to make it worthwhile?

I think the best use of crystals is to buy 2 regular energy refills and one cantina energy refill (once you unlock it) every day. You'll progress faster and be able to place higher in the arena, and have an easier time in the galactic war.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Fat Samurai posted:

Just began, and not saving the premium currency to buy the biggest gacha machine pull is going against all my instincts. What do you get for your crystals? Just components? Not enough shards to make it worthwhile?

It's completely random what you'll get, that's the problem - you might get a good character that will carry you for quite a while (happened to me when I pulled Darth Maul out of the one 4pack I bought) or just a bunch of random shards that won't get you anywhere.

And even if you do get a good character, if he is only farmable from chromiums, he's going to be pretty worthless after a while unless you drop hundreds more on packs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

I think the best use of crystals is to buy 2 regular energy refills and one cantina energy refill (once you unlock it) every day. You'll progress faster and be able to place higher in the arena, and have an easier time in the galactic war.

Realistically this is the bare minimum anyone should be doing. If you can swing it, you should be doing 3 100 crystal refreshes of regular energy. Otherwise you are looking at like 1-2 weeks for a piece of gear at G8.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

The only things that a data card can get are character shards or characters. People who have pulled a bunch say that your odds are about 1 in 4 to pull a character. So, if you buy the 8-pack, you'll generally get between 1 and 3 characters, and they will be completely random. The reason we recommend not doing this is that sometimes you will pull a data-card only character. While these will seem great when you first start out, you will be unable to farm shards for that hero and they will fall off because as good as 2-3* Leia is, she'll still lose to 5-7* nobodies (although if the rest of your crew is crit based and 7*, she can still be worth it because team crit up is a good thing).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Honestly I've made it to rank #800 in the Arena and I only ever really use one energy refill for the regular missions to farm more gear or characters. I really should start getting the cantina refill because I'm trying to farm up Geonosian soldier.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Without a Cantina refill, buying Daka/Poe shards would be a loving SLOG, son.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Ok, that's clear then. What are good targets for early farming? The OP both recommends and abhors Chewie and JC, it seems.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Fat Samurai posted:

Ok, that's clear then. What are good targets for early farming? The OP both recommends and abhors Chewie and JC, it seems.

GW: Luminara
Arena: Sidious
Cantina shards: Daka or Poe
Cantina farm: Luke/Geo soldier

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

Farm Chewie to a 4-star and keep him levelled... he's not the greatest tank ever, but he'll help you through the game to the higher levels. You'll probably use him as your leader until you're in the late 40s.

JC is eventually supplanted by Luminara, but he's still worth his weight in gold when you're grinding out GW, so he's worth farming some stars for and keeping levelled.

After you get those two their first star upgrade, I recommend HIGHLY, getting Luke from the 2nd mission (Geonosian Soldier is also good, but he's a glass Cannon). He's gonna be your A-#1 badass DPS for a while. Once you get a better tank/Lumi from GW, just throw everything you've got into Lukes Cantina mission.

All Cantina currency should go to buying Daka. After Daka, either focus her up to 7 stars, or divert and get Poe. Poe is the A-#1 shitkicker tank right now, but he's likely due for a nerfing.
All Arena currency should go to buying Sidious Everyone seems to think just stockpile after that, because the rest of the Arena heroes are kind of poo poo... otherwise Akbar?
All GW currency should to go buy Luminara. You can probably divert from 7-staring lumi to pick-up Phasma, as she is loving -great- utility. I personally did this and got her to 4-star, so she can turn-meter boost my arena squad.

Always buy the gear for credits from the store, every refresh. They're cheap as gently caress and you can get some great poo poo for peanuts.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 22, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Chilichimp posted:

Without a Cantina refill, buying Daka/Poe shards would be a loving SLOG, son.

Aha, I bought the Stormtrooper first from Cantina shipments and I'm halfway through Daka. I'm just glad Cantina doesn't limit you to three loving missions a day.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hughlander posted:

My coworker is a pure F2P that played since release, he just hit 62 and 4 stars is a high char for him. He hangs out around 1100 in his arena bracket, unlocked Stormtrooper Han, then switched to Sid. Never beat a galactic war. So you could completely be running into him or people like him.

I suppose, I've been spreading my training droids out between a couple more characters than my A team to not get entirely hosed over in GW so maybe I'm falling slightly behind on that front...

As for my A team, I'm thinking of involving Phasma, Sid, Lumi, Kylo and Daka once I get the last two up to a decent star rating (god Daka is slow to star up). Kylo and Daka will be replacing Talia and Ventress... and whenever I get Dooku starred up (makes the Daka grind seem zippy in comparison) maybe I'll drop Phasma?

I'll probably have time to grind up Poggle somewhere during that, if they don't hit him or any of my other main characters with the nerf bat in the coming month. Should probably be getting luke, resistance trooper or the assassin droids but man, can't get everything at once.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

I suppose, I've been spreading my training droids out between a couple more characters than my A team to not get entirely hosed over in GW so maybe I'm falling slightly behind on that front...

As for my A team, I'm thinking of involving Phasma, Sid, Lumi, Kylo and Daka once I get the last two up to a decent star rating (god Daka is slow to star up). Kylo and Daka will be replacing Talia and Ventress... and whenever I get Dooku starred up (makes the Daka grind seem zippy in comparison) maybe I'll drop Phasma?

I'll probably have time to grind up Poggle somewhere during that, if they don't hit him or any of my other main characters with the nerf bat in the coming month. Should probably be getting luke, resistance trooper or the assassin droids but man, can't get everything at once.

gently caress Daka/Dooku with Phasma lead. It's the straight most aggravating loving thing.

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
Just started playing this a couple of days ago. I've been following the advice in the thread and it's a pretty fun time so far.

Ally code 411-928-886 for any other newbs out there.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
I've been grinding Lumi shards for so long I forgot I 7*d her last night and auto-clicked her shipment today :negative: On that note, who should I grind up next? I have a 5* Phasma but I don't see her in my long-term plans anymore. It's between getting Poggle or grinding up my 4* IG-86. I really want Poggle but I think it might be better not to focus on a new character right now since all of my resources are going towards my A-team as they roll towards 70. Plus IG-86 is a beast at 7*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

I've been grinding Lumi shards for so long I forgot I 7*d her last night and auto-clicked her shipment today :negative: On that note, who should I grind up next? I have a 5* Phasma but I don't see her in my long-term plans anymore. It's between getting Poggle or grinding up my 4* IG-86. I really want Poggle but I think it might be better not to focus on a new character right now since all of my resources are going towards my A-team as they roll towards 70. Plus IG-86 is a beast at 7*

I plan on 7-starring Phasma, then going after the Pog-Dog.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Poggle, Phasma, and R. Pilot seem to be the best choices.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Poggle, Phasma, and R. Pilot seem to be the best choices.

Well I already have all of the droids via the pack so I'm focusing on that, honestly some of the the scariest teams I see high-end are HK/88/86/Poggle/Poe, and I want one! Phasma honestly doesn't gain a whole lot from 5* to 7* except for HP, none of what makes her good gets much better by * her, except maybe making Fusillade stick better.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

I recommend HIGHLY, getting Luke from the 2nd mission (Geonosian Soldier is also good, but he's a glass Cannon). He's gonna be your A-#1 badass DPS for a while. Once you get a better tank/Lumi from GW, just throw everything you've got into Lukes Cantina mission.
I think this advise is highly biased, Goonosian soldier has 20% more HP and armor than luke, so saying that GS is the glass cannon over luke is BS, GS also hits harder and is much faster than luke, the only thing luke has going for him is his leadership ability, which is cool, but not altogether strong. GS makes luke his bitch ten times out of ten, and is an amazing partner with old daka.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenris13 posted:

I think this advise is highly biased, Goonosian soldier has 20% more HP and armor than luke, so saying that GS is the glass cannon over luke is BS, GS also hits harder and is much faster than luke, the only thing luke has going for him is his leadership ability, which is cool, but not altogether strong. GS makes luke his bitch ten times out of ten, and is an amazing partner with old daka.

Luke can stun :shrug:

Geonosian Soldier does have a lot more HP at max gear and stars, I'll be damned.

Geo's call-assist loving owns if it procs Daka, that's true, he also has drat-high speed. What have I been doing with my life :negative:

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

GS definitely has Luke beat out in terms of raw power and speed (you see GS on end-game teams, not so much Luke). However Luke is very useful for LS missions since damage is hard to come by. I 5*d and Gear VIIIed my Luke and changed my Arena team around to Sid as my leader and he's pretty good there but the Crit bonus from Sid is everything, without that I wouldn't use him competitively.

I would also add however, that IF the expected changes come from CG and they rebalance the game against speed/damage, it's unlikely GS will survive the nerfs. So IMO Luke/GS is in the same boat as Daka/Poe, right now he's a weaker unit but long term he's probably a safer play.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Geo is played by more higher level players than Luke. That's a fact. I'm working on mine star wise now, but he's like 5th in line gearwise after my current max level guys, and then 4 others I want to work on. I have a feeling speed is going to be looked at. Either just the meta characters, or the stat as a whole with all characters involved.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Luke can stun :shrug:

Geonosian Soldier does have a lot more HP at max gear and stars, I'll be damned.

Geo's call-assist loving owns if it procs Daka, that's true, he also has drat-high speed. What have I been doing with my life :negative:
Geo's assist loving owns if it calls the other DPS on your team because then they dead, stuns be damned

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Holy poo poo 65 is sweet because it opens a gear level on Lumi and Phasma. I got 2 6* people on my team and am 24894 power. More than 2k higher than people around me.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah I have no i idea which of the two I want to do first. I've got that last piece ready to slap on in a couple of hours. Then Sunday Daka is going to be 7*. This game is stingy with everything. Mainly credits. Never enough credits. I really want to get Aayla and QGJ up to snuff but I can't see it happening in anything less than another week or two. 70 really did come too fast. I wish I was sitting on a pile of credits going into the level cap increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Holy poo poo that was close, just sniped 3 with 10 seconds to go :D

• Locked thread