Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Blinus posted:

Any chance you might do others for side characters like dead old woman or Zero 3 or G-OLM?

Not sure, but I intentionally didn't say "only two left"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

With a reasonable count of 45% of 159 respondents (but only a 5pp lead), we have decided to go back and betray Tenmyouji a third time. I mean, a second time. I mean, technically, it's the first time - you know what I mean.

Previously on this route: Quark is cured, and Tenmyouji has discovered the recording from the Mars Mission Test Site. It becomes eerily apparent that humanity might be hosed, but the AB Game starts before anyone can expound on this. Sigma promises Tenmyouji he'll ally, suggesting Tenmyouji do the same else risk killing Sigma, and argues he won't betray because that might put Clover over the top. Tenmyouji promises to ally.

Sigma has barely shut the door when...

Clover immediately starts pressuring Sigma to hit betray, promising she'll listen to anything he says if he goes along with it.

I'm convinced.

Please direct your attention to the results screen.

This is fine.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Well poo poo.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

You don't fuckin' say.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBx7Jg4m-o

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Clover's hitting those 9s in a row now

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
VLR OST: [Eeriness]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Promises are made to be broken, I see.

Sorry... I just couldn't bring myself to trust you.

I could have chosen "betray" and killed you.
That was a possibility.

Yeah. After all, you did choose "betray" in the last round.

That was a completely different situation...

How do you intend to deal with that?

Don't worry. She'd never try and open the—

Really. Then what's that?

Huh...?

Look. I believe she's standing in front of the number nine door right now.

Wh-What the hell!?

[Music fades out]

VLR OST: [Strain]

Oh...the number nine door...

She opened it!

poo poo...!

Sorry!
Alice gave me an order, though.

My BP's down to 1.

I'll have to play the AB Game at least 3 more times in order to get to 9.
If someone beats me to it, then we'll be trapped here forever.

That
can't happen.
I am giving you an order as your commanding officer.

Promise?

You said you'd listen to anything I said!

So? I am, aren't I? I can sure hear you well enough.
Every little word is reaching my ears, isn't it?

Y-You...

What, were you thinking of something gross?
You're a perv.

H-Hey, come on now!

The number nine door has been opened.
It will remain open for 9 seconds.

Clover!

Clover!

You loving bitch! You're not getting out of here!

Dio leapt toward Clover with a roar, but she danced quickly aside, dodging his punch with ease.

Bye guys!

With a last carefree grin, she leapt through the number nine door.

[Music fades out]

The number nine door has closed.
This ends the Nonary Game.
Thank you for your participation.
As the game is over, all doors other than the number nine door have been unlocked.
Escape is not possible.
Please enjoy your stay.

VLR OST: [Demise]

poo poo!

All we can do now is wait for her to call for help...

Help, huh...
Let's hope there's still someone who can...

What's that supposed to mean?

Tenmyouji said nothing, just shuffled off through the yellow door and out of the room.
A cold silence descended on the rest of us. It was a silence that promised to remain for a very, very long time.

I cannot believe we fell for that. Again.

I mean--

--gently caress it.

These few-minute endings add up, y'know.

We've exhausted the Yellow branch of the flow chart... for now.

That means we're heading back to the Chromatic Doors for another escape... whichever you prefer.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Well I guess we could keep on betraying people. Right?

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
Going with the route on the cyan path. We'll be with Clover, but I'm still in a "Let's get it out of the way" mood with regard to her.

Fedule, did you wanna remind people who our partners are in those two routes?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
CLOVER

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Let's try to figure out what Luna's angle is. If she even has an angle, that is.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Blinus posted:

Going with the route on the cyan path. We'll be with Clover, but I'm still in a "Let's get it out of the way" mood with regard to her.

Fedule, did you wanna remind people who our partners are in those two routes?

To make it easier, if we go magenta/blue, it's Sigma (on 5) and Alice (on 1) versus K (who's on 6).

Cyan/green means it's Sigma (on 6) and Luna (on 1) versus Clover (on 6).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many endings/game overs have we found so far?

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
Four endings: Dio, Tenmyouji, Clover, Alice.

I think eight Game Overs.

We've hit three unlocked plot locks still. Five minutes of life, defusing bomb 2, and Two headed Lion.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Edit: ^ Or that, that sounds a lot more right.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Trying to figure it out from the flowchart pic looks like 6 deaths, I think there's two active plot locks right now, and we've seen 4 character endings?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Refresher:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'd LIKE to say we have found most of them at this point. But I'm not sure. All we can do is keep going and hope for the best. By that I mean hit the betray button over and over again until all we can do is hit ally and die time and time again.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thank you Color Printer and others.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Note that Alice didn't even appear in that ending, even though she was present for the results.

Really shoehorning a 'you messed up' Game Over there, game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Hey Color Printer, I just noticed that for the Magenta path the second round teams are a copy of the first round teams.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
CLOVER! :doom:

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

As always, thanks so much for your hard work, Color Printer, you're a scholarman and a gentle. Just a few quick notes, the in-game flowchart actually labels the two Tenmyouji game overs as "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 1)" for the round 2 game over, and "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 2)" for the round 3 game over. Likewise, in the far left path "Game Over (Luna 1)" is how that round 2 game over is labelled in the game. It's not a big deal, but if you wanted to be 100% accurate, that's how those are written. Also you have the second round AB game from Alice's path swapped, with betray on the left and ally on the right, although I'm guessing maybe that makes it cleaner looking?

Lastly, you removed the redundant non choice of "GREEN DOOR W/ CLOVER AND QUARK" from the yellow paths ally branch, but not the redundant "RED DOOR W/ ALICE AND CLOVER" and "BLUE DOOR W/ LUNA AND ALICE" from the Magenta and Cyan paths, respectively. Fedule explained a while back how you can't actually make those choices, hence why they're no longer options in the poll.

I'm sorry if this seems pedantic or annoying or like I was making GBS threads on your amazing job, I just thought I'd point it out in case maybe you actually meant to have the chart totally 100% and would want it pointed out. Hope I didn't offend or anything.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mraagvpeine posted:

Hey Color Printer, I just noticed that for the Magenta path the second round teams are a copy of the first round teams.

Oops, I'll fix that.

Blinus posted:

Just a few quick notes, the in-game flowchart actually labels the two Tenmyouji game overs as "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 1)" for the round 2 game over, and "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 2)" for the round 3 game over.

eh. I guess I'll change those too.

Blinus posted:

Also you have the second round AB game from Alice's path swapped, with betray on the left and ally on the right, although I'm guessing maybe that makes it cleaner looking?

That's.....weird. It wasn't like that before I split the chart, so something messed up, I'll fix that

Blinus posted:

Lastly, you removed the redundant non choice of "GREEN DOOR W/ CLOVER AND QUARK" from the yellow paths ally branch, but not the redundant "RED DOOR W/ ALICE AND CLOVER" and "BLUE DOOR W/ LUNA AND ALICE" from the Magenta and Cyan paths, respectively. Fedule explained a while back how you can't actually make those choices, hence why they're no longer options in the poll.

I'm sorry if this seems pedantic or annoying or like I was making GBS threads on your amazing job, I just thought I'd point it out in case maybe you actually meant to have the chart totally 100% and would want it pointed out. Hope I didn't offend or anything.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I should probably do that to cut-down on space. Also no problem, thanks to everyone who points out my gently caress-ups because lord knows I can barely keep this thing straight anymore.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 22, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'll admit, this is one of the few things in the game I think Clover is actually written more like her old self in 999. Got to love that smug look she gives.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Note that Alice didn't even appear in that ending, even though she was present for the results.

Really shoehorning a 'you messed up' Game Over there, game.

I can't remember what route this is, but I think it's the same branch where Alice goes off and kills herself after the results?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Making a completely unfounded guess based on no reasonably leaps of logic whatsoever, it strikes me that the c/B/g will be overall less relevant towards completion, so naturally I voted for that first.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Clover manages to be the least trustworthy person across two games.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Blinus posted:

As always, thanks so much for your hard work, Color Printer, you're a scholarman and a gentle. Just a few quick notes, the in-game flowchart actually labels the two Tenmyouji game overs as "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 1)" for the round 2 game over, and "Game Over... (Tenmyouji 2)" for the round 3 game over. Likewise, in the far left path "Game Over (Luna 1)" is how that round 2 game over is labelled in the game. It's not a big deal, but if you wanted to be 100% accurate, that's how those are written. Also you have the second round AB game from Alice's path swapped, with betray on the left and ally on the right, although I'm guessing maybe that makes it cleaner looking?.

I don't know if it's what you intended but that sounds like that means there's a possibility of a second Game Over depending on how we vote after the third AB game on the Luna path? Even though everyone bar Quark, Sigma and Phi are supposedly dead?

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Aumanor posted:

Let's try to figure out what Luna's angle is.

Some people are just nice.

Also some robots (she is a robot.)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Sigma is totally a robot.

The real Sigma in 2028 is remotely controlling the future Sigma robot via morphogenic whatever to gain the information needed to stop Radical-6. Or at least that's my best guess for now and even if it's correct there's some deeper unseen reason for all this.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 22, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Human posted:

Clover manages to be the least trustworthy person across two games.

Including Dio?

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Including Dio?

Dio's untrustworthyness transcends games.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Including Dio?

You can trust Dio to be an idiot that only looks out for himself and can thus be against him. Also nobody trusts Dio except Luna and have no problem Betraying him to prevent him from getting out. So even if Dio is against someone else like Phi, they're not dumb enough to Ally with him.

Clover, on the other hand, is a supposedly well-meaning idiot that you have to handwalk and pacify while making the right decisions to prevent her backstabbing you. She's also just nice enough that people (Sigma) might be fooled into Allying with her when she could win.

This makes Clover a far more dangerous person to trust.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Super Jay Mann posted:

The real Sigma in 2028 is remotely controlling the future Sigma robot via morphogenic whatever to gain the information needed to stop Radical-6. Or at least that's my best guess for now and even if it's correct there's some deeper unseen reason for all this.

That's... Actually amazingly simple compared to so many of the other theories. Though on second thought, he'd have to know about Radical-6 in 2028 in order to want to reach out to the future. I suppose it could come up in college if he's there for medical stuff, but he claimed to not know what it was, and I guess that doesn't explain being gassed in the car unless it's a simple carjacking and criminals are getting really creative

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 22, 2016

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't know if it's what you intended but that sounds like that means there's a possibility of a second Game Over depending on how we vote after the third AB game on the Luna path? Even though everyone bar Quark, Sigma and Phi are supposedly dead?

Looking back to this update from back when we got a game over on the far left path by betraying Luna, you can see one of the last screenshots near the bottom of the update shows "Luna - Game Over 1".

Here's the update where it happened: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550910&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=144#post430416239

Here's the image itself: http://lpix.org/1703321

So to answer your question, I wasn't implying it, but the game seems to be.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can trust Dio to be an idiot that only looks out for himself and can thus be against him. Also nobody trusts Dio except Luna and have no problem Betraying him to prevent him from getting out. So even if Dio is against someone else like Phi, they're not dumb enough to Ally with him.

Clover, on the other hand, is a supposedly well-meaning idiot that you have to handwalk and pacify while making the right decisions to prevent her backstabbing you. She's also just nice enough that people (Sigma) might be fooled into Allying with her when she could win.

This makes Clover a far more dangerous person to trust.

Fair enough. She even betrayed Alice in the first round, huh?

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Including Dio?

Well, Dio's so untrustworthy he comes back around the other side. You can always bet on him betraying you and doing the opposite of what he says, so in a way he's the most transparent dude in town.

But he's also been in one game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Blinus posted:

Sorry, I don't remember, why is that?

Super Jay Mann posted:

I would like that much better than "congrats you defused the bombs and found a cure for Radical 6... 70 years in the future and after 90% of humanity and everyone else you ever knew has died." That kind of "victory" would seem hollow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Sorry, I don't remember, why is that?

It's basically a BUT THOU MUST choice where if Sigma tries to pick that, someone shuts him down for Insert Reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The obvious gameplay reason is not repeating a puzzle room on different routes, but yeah they're false choices that get a line or two of dialogue before forcing you into one of the other options/making you choose again. Glad they're not cluttering up the polls anymore.

• Locked thread