Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

ranbo das posted:

Why would the arkansas beta be hard to get kills in? I have like a 68% win rate and 1.68 kills per game in the thing, it's a beast.

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow.... and so is the reload time. But I did citadel the poo poo out of the one ship I got in range of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Now that the game has been out for awhile and money is a little easier to come by, you guys did mod out your arkansas right? You are looking at a ship that can stick t9 mods on it. Last time I took it out, the game went well for me. I don't think those low tiers like it when you put the reload mod on a t4 battleship :haw:

mods installed on mine:
main battery mod 1 & 3
Artillery Piloting room mod 1
Steering gears mod 1 & 2
target acquisition (for the torps as I planned to skip the captain skill and concealment is pointless on a bship)

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
'Take the battle to Kongo' challenge gives you 2X commander xp on a win atm.

e:

First time hitting 3k+ base xp :stare:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 22, 2016

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

More tedious than hard, though it's no picnic driving a stock Wyoming in tier 5/6 battles

I'd prefer a fully upgraded wyoming - the arkansas beta is only a better ship than an elite wyoming if you buy all the modules for it, which is around 7 million credits worth.

Bumming around warshipstats.com - My Kuma play is in top 10 kumas on the server with 82% winrate... and I barely remember playing it??

My new mex and fuso have a 6:1 K:D ratio, so I checked out NA server ship analytics - the highest new mex and fuso K:D ratio is 43:1.

Pacra fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 22, 2016

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Kraken unleashed in the Omaha last night with five kills while text chatting with your shepherd on Discord, on the phone with our corporate IT because I was beta testing an app being rolled out on ipads today. Multitasking for the win!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So apparently my "No Contrails" mod thing made it into the Aslain modpack :awesome: :coolfish: .

Yay me I guess ?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I thought you knew? I downloaded it two versions ago. LMAO

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

demonR6 posted:

Kraken unleashed in the Omaha last night with five kills while text chatting with your shepherd on Discord, on the phone with our corporate IT because I was beta testing an app being rolled out on ipads today. Multitasking for the win!

Were you also chatting with me, or was that an oops?

Anyway, when do the weekly things for Pearls reset? I've only got 3 games so far this week because I've been sick and felt like poo poo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I wonder if the class/tier/etc missions will also reset along with the weekly. That'll more readily net you the 260 pearls anyway.

Also, I just took a look and apparently I drive my premium ships too much. I'm currently sitting on 179k of convertable xp. I was thinking of using it to get to one of the t6 carriers because I'm being reminded what made the langley bad even back in CB. And the hosho isn't much better. I mean, it moves better, but that limited plane allotment.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, some youtuber just featured a replay of mine.

That's kinda cool.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

demonR6 posted:

I thought you knew? I downloaded it two versions ago. LMAO

The fact he put it in there is not mentioned anywhere in any of the change logs at all. I just noticed when I grabbed the latest version tonight & ran it. The funny thing is I've been meaning to ask him if he would consider adding it but I guess I don't have to anymore ! :haw:

I guess this is the week for goons to get famous playing this thing.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

I love how even at tier eight it's still possible to catch idiots broadside with a full spread of torpedoes.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Connected players: 14k. Matchmaking: 3v3. At least I found Midway at 12 km and blasted him before he got chance for second attack, which was pure luck.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Nice work Hazdoc, you're on the front page of Warships.today's ranking system !

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Pacra posted:

Nice work Hazdoc, you're on the front page of Warships.today's ranking system !

thats odd because I haven't played in like 3 days
OH WELL ILL TAKE IT

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

wdarkk posted:

Were you also chatting with me, or was that an oops?

Anyway, when do the weekly things for Pearls reset? I've only got 3 games so far this week because I've been sick and felt like poo poo.

It was YS I have the conversation in Discord still.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Botes on medium settings @ 25 fps and Botes on ultra settings @ 60 fps are in fact two completely different games. I blew the first carrier game because I was too busy looking at 90% of the action that had not existed to me before.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
First ranked match of the day.

We capture both points, enemy never captured any.

We have only lost one ship, and have 800 points. Entire team suicides and dies. We lose. They never cap anything.

Another first place star loss. Not sure what else I can do.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
I took a hiatus from this game for some time, I'm thinking about playing it again.
Have they made any significant changes to the German cruiser line?
Specifically, is the Yorck a decent ship that fits into the game now?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Fergus posted:

I took a hiatus from this game for some time, I'm thinking about playing it again.
Have they made any significant changes to the German cruiser line?
Specifically, is the Yorck a decent ship that fits into the game now?

It's probably better than the Pensecola, but I'm not sure by how much.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

wdarkk posted:

It's probably better than the Pensecola, but I'm not sure by how much.

I'm assuming they haven't changed the velocity of the 210mm shells, which was my primary issue with the ship in the first place.
But whatever, it's that time of the year where I want to play botes so botes I will play.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Fergus posted:

I'm assuming they haven't changed the velocity of the 210mm shells, which was my primary issue with the ship in the first place.
But whatever, it's that time of the year where I want to play botes so botes I will play.

They changed the turrets to no longer have a "worse than some BBs" turn time.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm always surprised as a BB driver how well german cruisers can AP hit you. If I don't take them as a serious threat, no need for them to obtain a citadel, half my health will be gone in 5-6 well-placed volleys.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
The Gnevny can citadel a Pensacola. loving rock.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MrKatharsis posted:

The Gnevny can citadel a Pensacola. loving rock.

anything can citadel a pensacola, i'm surprised the pensacola doesn't take a citadel hit if it beaches itself

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

T7 to T10 IJN Cruisers: Myoko (FUN!!!), Mogami (cleve style fun but need AFT!), Ibuki (kind of meh because of tier matchup), Zao (performs very well in Tier X)

T7 to T10 US Cruisers: Pensacola (Gross), New Orleans (slightly less gross but worse tier matchups), Baltimore (slightly less gross but terrible against its tier matchups and eats credits for breakfast), Des Moines (situationally fun in Tier X)

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Fergus posted:

Funnily enough, that velocity issue is only on the AP shells. The HE are notably faster and have a beter trajectory when you're firing at long range. That's because the AP are lovely old WWI-vintage shells while the HE are newer shells developed for those guns (then used as a shore battery) shortly before WWII.

The current verdict is that the Yorck should simply not use AP past 12km or so unless you feel lucky about someone showing broadside and going in a straight line.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I'm gradually grinding up the Ibuki toward Zao. On paper it's a worse Myoko, but has decent armor for an IJN Cruiser, plus the repair ability to help staying power. I run with camo and the ROF mod for main guns, rather than range, because I feel like the max range accuracy isn't great. It might be able to do invisible shooting if you spec it for it but that's not really my style. So far I have a pretty awful win rate which I'd say is related to the inability of a cruiser to really influence T10 battles, but it's fun to use.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Just got the Cleveland, should I take Demolition Expert or Advanced Fire Training? I kind of want both, I'm thinking of not taking a rank 5 skill and instead taking the other 4. I don't think the Cleveland really benefits greatly from any of the rank 5s, but maybe one of you wants to dissuade me? Anyway, in either case, which rank 4 should I take first?

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I got both for my Mogami, not probably will do the same for the Ibuki/Zao captain. Not sure how much HE the US cruisers will use, depends on where you're going to leave the guy.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Completed the animu Kongou mission, did not get an animu Kongou.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Sperglord Actual posted:

Completed the animu Kongou mission, did not get an animu Kongou.
Change harbour to anime one.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Velius posted:

I got both for my Mogami, not probably will do the same for the Ibuki/Zao captain. Not sure how much HE the US cruisers will use, depends on where you're going to leave the guy.

It's a permanent Cleveland captain. I'm going to train another for higher cruisers.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

TheDemon posted:

It's a permanent Cleveland captain. I'm going to train another for higher cruisers.

I'm not experienced enough with the Cleveland to know if it's worth the points. I'd say screw tier 5 skills for sure, and probably you don't need the one that gives an extra consumable spot. But I usually use three tier 1s, which puts the arsonist skill at like 16 or 17 points or something.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

TheDemon posted:

Oh, then get Demolition Expert. It's a pain in the rear end to hit ships at 17km with a 17 second flight time, and more fire is always more good.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Aesis posted:

Change harbour to anime one.

Oh, there's my neon tribal battlewagon.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
These sperglords are gonna hit 2mil pearls tomorrow aren't they

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

So I did some things...

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Isokaze-class submarine is OP, please nerf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

JuffoWup posted:

These sperglords are gonna hit 2mil pearls tomorrow aren't they

When the weeklies reset its gonna shoot up again.