Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Regardless, the Denver Flairs made me laugh real loud.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Silly Burrito posted:

I came here to praise you, now you've turned heel on me. *throws chair into the ring*

To be fair my parents never let me watch it because they thought it was stupid, so I thought it was stupid. I was one of those kids who wrote it off as "it's fake" for most of my life until I looked at it again and realized "oh being real was never the point"

I've learned so much poo poo about wrestling in the last week working on this it's not even funny. I wouldn't say I'm a fan now, but I respect it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

To be fair my parents never let me watch it because they thought it was stupid, so I thought it was stupid. I was one of those kids who wrote it off as "it's fake" for most of my life until I looked at it again and realized "oh being real was never the point"

I've learned so much poo poo about wrestling in the last week working on this it's not even funny. I wouldn't say I'm a fan now, but I respect it.

ask Brendan to tell you about chikara and watch his eyes sparkle

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

I haven't watched wrestling since... a bit after whenever the Undertaker was introduced, but I'd recommend occasionally reading random pages of the Death of WCW thread in wrestlehut. It's a good voyeuristic look into how immensely stupid and coked out everything about wrestling was (is).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

I watched it in the mid 80s, picked it back up in the nWo/Attitude era, and just started watching it again off and on thanks to the WWE network only being 9.99 a month. I'll probably pick it back up this weekend for the Royal Rumble. Easily worth 10 bucks for a month of entertainment.

Just like anything else, it appeals to some people while others scratch their heads and wonder what they're missing. I'll never understand how people watch NASCAR or fishing on TV, but c'est la vie. When it's good, it's fun to watch, and since the WWE has gone PG, the kids can watch it too (still miss the Attitude era though).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I know, lol, it's a cracked article...but I thought this gave a pretty good overview why wrestling is declining lately.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-wwe-dying-and-how-to-fix-it/

I quit watching about five or six years ago and just don't care anymore. It also could be because I got married.....

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have a shameful crate hidden in my closet of like 30 wrestling DVDs.

My early 20s were a shameful time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Take it from a dude who is a big enough wrestling dingus to include the name Helmsley in his forums username: WWE right now is complete garbage.

Wrestling is definitely a love/hate thing though. I totally understand those who just don't get it at all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Nexus is what broke me about the WWE

After the Nexus angle was ruined I realized wrestling would never ever be cool and fun and good ever again.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I used to be into it a lot back in the 90s growing up, but i only came back as of the last wrestlemania and was pretty bummed to find that the product is on the decline/not great. NXT is boss, though - and the WWE Network lets me watch when things used to be good anytime i have an itch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the nWo thing started 20 years ago this year.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That guy's voice kinda reminds me of this guy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ross Angeles posted:

the nWo thing started 20 years ago this year.

Notch something else in the category of things that make you feel old.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The first time i saw someone wearing that NWO shirt I struck up a conversation with him about conspiracy theory stuff since at the time I had been reading Illuminatus! and thought Steve Jackson games had gotten weirdly popular or something.

Boy that was a weird conversation in retrospect. Think I talked about Schrodinger's cat and he talked about how WWE was for queers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Notch something else in the category of things that make you feel old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hILCw66sLU

My 10 year old self is :allears:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My school banned Stone Cold Steve Austin shirts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man I forgot how bad Tony Schiavone was

"I never thought I would say that he was yellow, but he may be wearing red... but he may be wearing red AND YELLOW"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Take it from a dude who is a big enough wrestling dingus to include the name Helmsley in his forums username: WWE right now is complete garbage.

Wrestling is definitely a love/hate thing though. I totally understand those who just don't get it at all.
Its not complete garbage, at least there are good matches which is more you can say about more down periods in WWE's history.

I'd recommend NXT or PWG which is basically "lets get the best wrestlers in the planet and have them wrestle in a crowded American Legion"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My school banned Stone Cold Steve Austin shirts

Lame

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man I forgot how bad Tony Schiavone was

"I never thought I would say that he was yellow, but he may be wearing red... but he may be wearing red AND YELLOW"

DON'T YOU TALK MESS ABOUT TONY SCHIAVONE :mad:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got into wrestling in August of 2000, and lost interest almost the exact same time the next year (Invasion :cripes:)

I briefly started watching again around 2008, saw one PPV, and decided that my wrestling phase was over.

I still love reading stories about how :psyduck: the industry can be.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
watch better wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHCFZUGTizE

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
dont settle for your half naked dudes gettin after each other. treat yourself to quality

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm reading this thread at a bar (lol) when my friend looks over my shoulder and asks, "I'm sorry, but does that say Farthouse?" It was really awkward :blush:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'm reading this thread at a bar (lol) when my friend looks over my shoulder and asks, "I'm sorry, but does that say Farthouse?" It was really awkward :blush:

Give him your account

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Why isn't there a team for The Ultimate Warrior? Wrong color scheme? I think he'd be a good Viking.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've never heard of the guy you used for Green Bay. :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

I've never heard of the guy you used for Green Bay. :smith:

I felt less bad for not knowing who the Chiefs guy was after looking him up and seeing he started wrestling in 1947.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Why is my favorite wrestler used for the loving Raiders

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Should have told him how much you enjoy Farting

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

If only you were also reading a post by PUSSY MASTER 007.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My friend is a she :ssh:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There was a wrestler way, way back who played for Green Bay named "Dick the Bruiser"* Guy had the biggest barrel chest imaginable.

* there's an Aaron Rogers joke in there somewhere.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
San Diego Chargers should have been Ultimate Warrior because they're both dead

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't know anything about wrestling but if I ever go to a game I'm dressing up as the Denver Flair mascot

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Darth Brooks posted:

There was a wrestler way, way back who played for Green Bay named "Dick the Bruiser"* Guy had the biggest barrel chest imaginable.

My parents somehow know Dick the Bruiser and we stayed in his beach house in Florida once when I was a kid (he wasn't there at the time). It was pretty roach-infested and my siblings and I were freaked out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Still a funny gif.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I gotta say, Febreeze - you really nailed Hogan's stupid face and weird cheekbones/profile on that Washington logo.

Silly Burrito posted:

Still a funny gif.

I will never not love this gif.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

I gotta say, Febreeze - you really nailed Hogan's stupid face and weird cheekbones/profile on that Washington logo.

I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't a reference to Hogan having orange skin. Or "the skin of a hot dog", to quote It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

If anyone is near Oakland, check out Hoodslam sometime. My friend took me a few weeks ago when I visited and it was pretty fun. The weed and beer helped, obv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvFAP2c_I1k

My friend is a she :ssh:

Why are you reading SA on your phone with her then

I was disappointed Mankind wasn't used :(

• Locked thread