Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Given that there's currently a shitload of drama going on about a certain addon that lets you see your groupmate's DPS without asking, pretty much yes.

(Yeah I've been asked why I've had 19k dps on Bloodspawn in Vet Spindleclutch instead of their ultra-sperglord 20k+, when I didn't even post my DPS parse in chat; I just laughed my way out of the group and found a group that didn't give a poo poo about super-1337 DPS)

Also we three (the usual dungeon stomping squad) can't carry people through White-Gold and Imperial City Prison (gently caress Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor).

E: Also since we're not going to have vet ranks to filter out the rabble for pledges, people are gonna start relying on other factors to get quick runs in and out of the dailies (linking gear in chat, linking cheevos, listing your current CP, etc.).

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

tgidieday posted:

You'll need kuta and tempering alloy, which are 7.5k each and rising.

7.5k? poo poo, the PC (I'm assuming PC) economy sucks for selling. I sell tempers for 10k and Kuta for 15k.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Given that there's currently a shitload of drama going on about a certain addon that lets you see your groupmate's DPS without asking, pretty much yes.

(Yeah I've been asked why I've had 19k dps on Bloodspawn in Vet Spindleclutch instead of their ultra-sperglord 20k+, when I didn't even post my DPS parse in chat; I just laughed my way out of the group and found a group that didn't give a poo poo about super-1337 DPS)

Also we three (the usual dungeon stomping squad) can't carry people through White-Gold and Imperial City Prison (gently caress Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor).

E: Also since we're not going to have vet ranks to filter out the rabble for pledges, people are gonna start relying on other factors to get quick runs in and out of the dailies (linking gear in chat, linking cheevos, listing your current CP, etc.).

You'll have Champion Ranks for that filter now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JackBadass posted:

You'll have Champion Ranks for that filter now.

Not when everyone's nameplate is going to read "50 [Insert Character Name Here]"

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Not when everyone's nameplate is going to read "50 [Insert Character Name Here]"

Unless they've announce some sort of change recently, it's not. It'll read "[Champion Level] [Insert Player Name Here]".

Also, what's the restrictions on Cadwell's that's being removed? I'm a bit confused on that.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I understand it's the Silver and Gold from last night's read - i.e you can head to Auridon straight off the bat if you want without going through Covenant zones first as EP player and same with other two factions. Would certainly fit veteran ranks being removed.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

I understand it's the Silver and Gold from last night's read - i.e you can head to Auridon straight off the bat if you want without going through Covenant zones first as EP player and same with other two factions. Would certainly fit veteran ranks being removed.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to the story, but the story sucks dick anyway, so cool.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What are the chances that game goes below 70% off somewhere then the Thief Guild DLC hits? Is there any point in Imperial Edition?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

kalstrams posted:

What are the chances that game goes below 70% off somewhere then the Thief Guild DLC hits? Is there any point in Imperial Edition?

There were a few sales right before the last DLC, so it's always possible.

Imperial edition gives you access to a good stamina/tanking race, a cheap horse, and the ability to craft in/convert items to the imperial style. I'd say skip it, and if you're on PC NA, someone can just send you gold for a horse. If you really want to spend money, I'd save up for when you want to check out the DLC, then do a one month sub. You'll get crowns, too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good news: TG trial will scale to party leader (lol) so we can bring along a bunch of lowbie VRs. Trial has to be VR16 scaled to get on the leaderboards for that gold loot.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Good news: TG trial will scale to party leader (lol) so we can bring along a bunch of lowbie VRs. Trial has to be VR16 scaled to get on the leaderboards for that gold loot.

Gotta say, legitimately excited for goon trial runs.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looking forward to carrying all of you with my Molag Kena set. Gonna need shards and mystic orbs so get to it healers.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
I was thinking of playing this again, and I have a character idea in my head. My concept is for a paladin archetype templar. I was going to do a two handed sword for the first weapon set and sword/shield with the second weapon set. For armor I was going to do a mix of plate and cloth. I wanted my role to be dps/support. Help me make this plan viable!

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

SoldadoDeTone posted:

I was thinking of playing this again, and I have a character idea in my head. My concept is for a paladin archetype templar. I was going to do a two handed sword for the first weapon set and sword/shield with the second weapon set. For armor I was going to do a mix of plate and cloth. I wanted my role to be dps/support. Help me make this plan viable!

If you want to be two-hander stamina dps, start here. Brawler and rally spam gives plenty of toughness, so you might want to ditch the sword/board for the simplified bar layout. You'll want 5 medium/1 light/1 heavy for stamina-based dps, or 5 heavy/1 light/1 medium if you decide to start tanking (don't really need to tank until veteran dungeons, though).

Another option is to go straight magicka dps (puncturing sweep, jesus beam, backlash) and stack on more helpful templar skills like breath of life, repentance, shards, and remembrance. Since those skills mostly scale with magicka, you'll be more helpful than the stamina build. You'll want 5 light/1 medium/1 heavy for this, which is a big toughness loss compared to stamina or tanking. However, magicka templar only uses class skills, opening up the possibility of using s/b on both bars to regain some toughness. Be sure to have an aedric spear ability on each bar for the blocking passive, and keep rune focus going if you go this route.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

tgidieday posted:

If you want to be two-hander stamina dps, start here. Brawler and rally spam gives plenty of toughness, so you might want to ditch the sword/board for the simplified bar layout. You'll want 5 medium/1 light/1 heavy for stamina-based dps, or 5 heavy/1 light/1 medium if you decide to start tanking (don't really need to tank until veteran dungeons, though).

Another option is to go straight magicka dps (puncturing sweep, jesus beam, backlash) and stack on more helpful templar skills like breath of life, repentance, shards, and remembrance. Since those skills mostly scale with magicka, you'll be more helpful than the stamina build. You'll want 5 light/1 medium/1 heavy for this, which is a big toughness loss compared to stamina or tanking. However, magicka templar only uses class skills, opening up the possibility of using s/b on both bars to regain some toughness. Be sure to have an aedric spear ability on each bar for the blocking passive, and keep rune focus going if you go this route.

The magicka build sounds interesting to me since I could do sword/shield and maybe a resto staff for more support. With a heavy chestpiece and medium legs I can keep the paladin look - more of a mercenary paladin. That sounds more like the support/dps build that I'm looking for. Thanks!

Most of the goons are playing Ebonheart now, correct?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SoldadoDeTone posted:

The magicka build sounds interesting to me since I could do sword/shield and maybe a resto staff for more support. With a heavy chestpiece and medium legs I can keep the paladin look - more of a mercenary paladin. That sounds more like the support/dps build that I'm looking for. Thanks!

Hello I heard you were talking about templar builds

Scyantific posted:

Templar healer/DPS build. I can pull about 15k+ dps with it and still heal people for 22k with a crit Breath of Life

I've since swapped out the Healer's Habit set for Engine Guardian 2 piece and 3 piece Willpower Jewelry but the overall setup is the same.

If you're going to run 5 Heavy Armor instead of 5 Light Armor I definitely recommend running Seducer or Gift of Magnus instead of Kagrenac's Hope for your 5 piece armor set, for the increased magicka and magicka regen bonuses.

And yes, all the cool goon stuff happens on NA PC Ebonheart.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 22, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Hello I heard you were talking about templar builds

How can I copy you if you won't post your dps bar!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha holy poo poo some loving idiot is getting roasted on their forums right now for suggesting that Imperials get a Max Magicka bonus instead of the Red Diamond passive.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo some loving idiot is getting roasted on their forums right now for suggesting that Imperials get a Max Magicka bonus instead of the Red Diamond passive.

I don't understand why they didn't make a playable Xivkyn race that was the magicka version of Imperial. Charge people $20, just like the Imperial Edition. Should take all of three seconds to code (the models are already there and if anything's missing, make it a taller, bluer dunmer) and rake in the cash.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Because MY IMMERSION

E: Also something something P2Win

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
Could I get an invite for my character Paleologus? I'm on Ebonheart.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Pretty sure the guild will consist of 97% stamsorcs in a month.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, 3 Blood Spawn Helms in under an hour just now (V16 Medium Divines :woop:, V16 Light Reinforced, and v12 Heavy Impenetrable).

My RNG luck is hosed for the next year now. :suicide::suicide::suicide:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Welp, 3 Blood Spawn Helms in under an hour just now (V16 Medium Divines :woop:, V16 Light Reinforced, and v12 Heavy Impenetrable).

My RNG luck is hosed for the next year now. :suicide::suicide::suicide:

Nonsense. Your luck's going to be just fine, probably for the next two years. Same with your car. That won't break down or anything, either.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 23, 2016

MrTomnus
Oct 21, 2010

Malleus Maleficarum
Picked this up again, not played for a long time. Looks like House Awful is no longer... can someone invite me to the current Goon Guild? @TBradshaw89

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MrTomnus posted:

Picked this up again, not played for a long time. Looks like House Awful is no longer... can someone invite me to the current Goon Guild? @TBradshaw89

Wasn't House Awful an EU guild?

MrTomnus
Oct 21, 2010

Malleus Maleficarum
Actually, yes it was... are all the Goons on the NA server then?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yes, the primary Goon guild is Ebonheart Goons on PC NA.

COLT .45
Feb 22, 2008

It works EVERY time.
Got a Breton right now but want in on whatever goon guild action I can: Account name is @Space0din -- this is a PC NA account.

Thanks!

COLT .45 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 23, 2016

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

tgidieday posted:

I don't understand why they didn't make a playable Xivkyn race that was the magicka version of Imperial. Charge people $20, just like the Imperial Edition. Should take all of three seconds to code (the models are already there and if anything's missing, make it a taller, bluer dunmer) and rake in the cash.

I think there may be some official Bethesda policy where only the established races are "allowed" playable races.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

I think there may be some official Bethesda policy where only the established races are "allowed" playable races.

Didn't they add a new playable race to each game up to Oblivion? I thought I read that somewhere. I only played Morrowind for a few minutes several years ago.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

JackBadass posted:

Didn't they add a new playable race to each game up to Oblivion? I thought I read that somewhere. I only played Morrowind for a few minutes several years ago.

Morrowind is the last game they added new playable races which were Imperial and Orcs.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yes, in Arena and Daggerfall it was Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Argonians, Khajiit, Nords, Bretons, and Redguards. Morrowind added Orcs and Imperials (and introduced the 'Mer' titles to all the elf races as a sort of 'soft' rename).

Battlespire was an outlier in that it was the Daggerfall races minus Khajiit and Argonians- no beast races.

And Redguard was about Cyrus the Redguard, no character creation at all.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man, pubbies will get pissed off if you run off and complete the side objectives for Wrothgar world boss quests without them.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
Playing with one friend, rolling in the wins. Awww yeah.

Pick up three more questionable friends, five losses in a row.

Dota lyfe.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Man, pubbies will get pissed off if you run off and complete the side objectives for Wrothgar world boss quests without them.

Well, yeah. That's kind of bad etiquette. If you're part of the group, you wait for the group.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
on the eu server, wrothgar zone chat is nothing but regimented sharing world boss quests and grinding world bosses, which they do by descending on them in a huge zergball like so many locusts

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
Trying this game again, would appreciate invite on US Dragonbane Pact. Baranar@dic4

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Could i get an invite please? username is @butternubs7 i'm on PC EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dear Zenimax,

Stop loving locking skyshards behind areas where you have to do a quest to access them.

Sincerely,
Everyone who has done more than one character and finds your quests boring.

• Locked thread