Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

The last episode of NNF I listened to was the Andy Daly ep with the 7/11 saga. I rarely listened before then and I feel like that's a pretty drat good stopping point.

Easily my favorite episode I've listened to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
this with special guest is pretty trying...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/28865-urgent-question-for-eric-the-paid-intern/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They totally should get everyone involved on a show and judge judy the poo poo out of the situation.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EL BROMANCE posted:

They totally should get everyone involved on a show and judge judy the poo poo out of the situation.

With #1 fuckboi Gabrus providing commentary

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Really hope that's what the entire episode is about next week.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tarranon posted:

this with special guest is pretty trying...

Man, is there anything funnier and more original than a that kind of "white guy" character? It's definitely not tired or obnoxious in any way.

Highlight of the episode was Lauren's pretty earnest reaction to eating Arby's curly fries, which says a lot.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

Highlight of the episode was Lauren's pretty earnest reaction to eating Arby's curly fries, which says a lot.
Oh poo poo, Doughbouys/WSG cross-over episode??

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh poo poo, Doughbouys/WSG cross-over episode??

Doughbouys, the show about two comedians stranded in a life raft hallucinating about food?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
With a burning hatred for each other, yeah that's the one

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

Man, is there anything funnier and more original than a that kind of "white guy" character? It's definitely not tired or obnoxious in any way.

i got that he was trying to drive saying hell yeah into the so obnoxious you gotta laugh territory

but instead i just got more and more annoyed

brutal

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

JethroMcB posted:

I kind of skimmed this and thought lauren was on doughboys and got excited.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Omgggg what was it, it's gone now and I'm dying to know.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ManoliIsFat posted:

Omgggg what was it, it's gone now and I'm dying to know.

Somebody who moved into the place that Eric the unpaid intern used to live in knew that he left his washer/dryer for the next tenant, and one of his old roommates or something who was delinquent on a bunch of rent was claiming that she had the rights to the washer/dryer and the guy who just moved in wanted to get in contact with him to verify intent or something. Engineer Brett said he'd pass it on and that was like the only comment from any earwolf people.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Somebody who moved into the place that Eric the unpaid intern used to live in knew that he left his washer/dryer for the next tenant, and one of his old roommates or something who was delinquent on a bunch of rent was claiming that she had the rights to the washer/dryer and the guy who just moved in wanted to get in contact with him to verify intent or something. Engineer Brett said he'd pass it on and that was like the only comment from any earwolf people.

Also, later that day Brett tweeted a picture of some friends, including Eric, over at his place for drinks. This is like Serial.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Besser was on High and Mighty, pretty great. A lot of UCB prank stories you may have heard before, but he's in great snarky old-man-Besser form.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I didn't think he was a good match for that show. I like when people come on with something they're enthusiastic about. The only thing Besser seems enthusiastic about is Besser. He mostly described comedy things he did in the past, and told stories about times he won confrontations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
It was a nice change from Gabrus talking over and cutting off his guests. The show is awesome each week but the other people need more breathing room.

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 23, 2016

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm seriously about to buy Besser's standup special out of nothing but sheer pity after listening to his latest I4H. It's...it's just so sad. His voice is so pleading.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

wafflesnsegways posted:

I didn't think he was a good match for that show. I like when people come on with something they're enthusiastic about. The only thing Besser seems enthusiastic about is Besser. He mostly described comedy things he did in the past, and told stories about times he won confrontations.
The ep is about prank comedy. He talks about UCB era pranks, the various prank shows he's been involved with and, yes, a few occasions where people tried to prank him and he figured it out.

The lengths people in here go to just to poo poo on Matty B are amazing.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I don't like Matt Besser

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Everybody you do like thinks he's jesus. Cheers mate.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
del was comedy Jesus, besser is comedy mohammed

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

scary ghost dog posted:

del was comedy Jesus, besser is comedy mohammed

100 years from now the UCB 4 will be comedy prophets, who delivered interpretations of Del's words to their own apostles, who walked the Earth spreading a new comedy theory, taught from their multi-hundred page bible. And by 100 years I mean now.

And it's great! We're alive when an industry was changed by a grassroots movement.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

The ep is about prank comedy. He talks about UCB era pranks, the various prank shows he's been involved with and, yes, a few occasions where people tried to prank him and he figured it out.

The lengths people in here go to just to poo poo on Matty B are amazing.

No other guest has gone on that show to talk only about themselves. I thought on an episode about prank comedy, they would talk about prank comedy that they liked growing up or something. Nope, Besser just talked about the times Besser did it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Matt Besser's first-hand accounts of pranking The Today Show, getting yelled at by an rear end in a top hat Punk'd producer, working with a stoned Meth & Red, and nearly getting killed by a Crossballs guests is a lot more interesting than "I liked watching Candid Camera when I was 12."

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
You're right, it's better than an imaginary bad show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yah, I loved that ep. I'm really curious about early UCB stuff and they all drop snippets but rarely go in depth.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

wafflesnsegways posted:

No other guest has gone on that show to talk only about themselves.
I'm sorry, have you not listened to all 3 Eugene eps?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

wafflesnsegways posted:

No other guest has gone on that show to talk only about themselves.
Have you also noticed how normally the guests are improv comedians who haven't been involved professionally with the episode's topic for several decades? The guys who came to talk about sandwiches / food aren't chefs, the guy who talked about fantasy novels doesn't write them. The guys who are on three different eps talking about 80s action movies weren't actually in them.

As was said above, Cordero is the biggest exception to that and he certainly talks about himself in relation to his job as a trainer in the fitness eps.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 23, 2016

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Illinois Smith posted:

The guys who came to talk about sandwiches / food aren't chefs,

:)

My wife......she died :(

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I thought the most recent With Special Guest was really funny.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Matt Besser's first-hand accounts of pranking The Today Show, getting yelled at by an rear end in a top hat Punk'd producer, working with a stoned Meth & Red, and nearly getting killed by a Crossballs guests is a lot more interesting than "I liked watching Candid Camera when I was 12."

Yeah I liked that a lot more than last week's episode which was just Gabrus talking about when he was in his prime physically for the third time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It was fun to hear gabrus, who is a loud guy, constantly let himself get cut off by someone.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Besser is your favorite improvisers favorite improviser. The Jay Z of improvisational comedy.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

And they're both boring old men who did great stuff 20 years ago.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Matt Besser

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Matt Besser

He's good

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

If he's so good how come he doesn't pay the UCB performers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh boy.