Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I've never had more than one NPC attacking me maybe once every hour or so, and it's fairly easy to get them zapped by the guards.

But how has no one made a "no hostile" Starfire's fork yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt baby
Nov 4, 2009

Necroskowitz posted:

Are they attacking you at night?

No, it's happening during the day. They look like regular commoners.

Mortimer posted:

I've never had more than one NPC attacking me maybe once every hour or so, and it's fairly easy to get them zapped by the guards.

But how has no one made a "no hostile" Starfire's fork yet?

I found this but I don't know if it'll help my situation: http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1176

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

butt baby posted:

This happens in cities mostly in groups of 3-4. Is that normal?

This has been my experience as well so if it's not normal, and I assume it is, then I had the same issue as you. It made me uninstall the mod in any case.

butt baby
Nov 4, 2009
EDIT: After some research I finally learned this means my save is "dirty"

Hello again my friends,

I'm having trouble uninstalling the Book Jackets mod. For some reason most books point back to the original textures fine, but skill books still reference the meshes from the Book Jackets mod. If I remove the meshes from the Book Jackets mod this is what I get when dropping the book "The Art of War Magic" (bookskill_destruction4):

quote:

Model Load Error: Meshes\pa\pa_dc_taowm.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\pa\pa_dc_taowm.NIF.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.

Anyone have any idea on how I can get the skill books to reference their original textures? Even just a way of finding out what mod might be messing with this would be great.

I originally started my save with the Chocolate Pack + Uvirith's Legacy + Rise of House Telvanni. I saw the watercolor mod and loved the look so I uninstalled all the graphical mods from the chocopack and this is how the problem started. Here's my modlist:

quote:

_001_ Morrowind.esm
_002_ Tribunal.esm
_003_ Bloodmoon.esm
_004_ Bloodmoon Landscape Overhaul 1.1.esm
_005_ GOTYFullTidyZeroMPPv2.01.esm
_006_ Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm
_007_ Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
_008_ Texture Fix 2.0.esm
_009_ Rise of House Telvanni.esm
_010_ Morrowind Patch v1.6.5d_beta.esm
_011_ NX9_Guards_Complete.ESP
_012_ Lore Fix.esp
_013_ Animated Morrowind 1.0.esp
_014_ AshlanderTent.esp
_015_ Particle Arrow Replacer.esp
_016_ GOTYSTMPPPatchv1.0.esp
_017_ Passive_Healthy_Wildlife.esp
_018_ Faster-v10.esp
_019_ Starfires NPC Additions ver-1.11.esp
_020_ BTB - Character.esp
_021_ Less Lore.esp
_022_ A_flock_of_seagulls.esp
_023_ NPC_Schedule(beta).esp
_024_ k_weather.esp
_025_ KeyNamer.esp
_026_ Mushroom Lights Tribunal.esp
_027_ Tribunal Relighted.esp
_028_ Bloodmoon Relighted.esp
_029_ Morrowind Relighted exVivec.esp
_030_ Balance - NPC Spellcasting.esp
_031_ EDNHE.esp
_032_ correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp
_033_ Bloated Caves.esp
_034_ Siege at Firemoth.esp
_035_ UFR_v3dot2.esp
_036_ master_index.esp
_037_ LeFemmArmor.esp
_038_ adamantiumarmor.esp
_039_ EBQ_Artifact.esp
_040_ AreaEffectArrows.esp
_041_ Animated Morrowind II.esp
_042_ Suran_Underworld_v3.ESP
_043_ entertainers.esp
_044_ bcsounds.esp
_045_ Charming Ash Vampires.ESP
_046_ ExpansionIntegration_NoStalhrim_1.1.esp
_047_ Enchanted Weapon Variety ME.esp
_048_ GCDLean204STD.esp
_049_ MQE_MainQuestEnhancers.ESP
_050_ PB_SmallerPotions.esp
_051_ Homes To Let v2pt0.esp
_052_ Djangos Dialogue.ESP
_053_ Books of Vvardenfell.esp
_054_ Gameplay - Dialogue.esp
_055_ Balance - Magic Effects.esp
_056_ Balance - spells.esp
_057_ Balance - items.esp
_058_ LadyD_Reduced_Commentary.esp
_059_ 2xTimeMod.esp
_060_ EcoAdjCrime (Tresspass Edit).esp
_061_ Uvirith's Legacy_3.41.esp
_062_ EcoAdjMerchantSkills (Disposition Edit).esp
_063_ Graphic Herbalism.esp
_064_ LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp
_065_ dej_plain_paper_fix.esp
_066_ AEA-Compatibility.esp
_067_ Illy's Solsteim Rumour Fix.esp
_068_ Thief Experience Overhaul 1.3b (Tribunal) (Combined).esp
_069_ Armor Effects-LD 2.0-WD.esp
_070_ SpzInteriorDaylight.esp
_071_ Service_Requirements_V1.4.3&WGI.esp
_072_ ModMan_windowlights_purist_2.esp
_073_ Vivec Expansion 2.0.esp
_074_ DB_Attack_Mod3.esp
_075_ EcoAdj Ingredients.esp
_076_ Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp
_077_ NighttimeDoorLocks-LD 1.1a.esp
_078_ EcoAdjDaedricDrops.esp
_079_ Marksman Enhanced v1.2.esp
_080_ ImprovedFollowers.esp
_081_ DXM_masterindex_journalfix.esp
_082_ TravelingMerchants_v2_3.esp
_083_ PB_SignpostsRetextured.esp
_084_ EcoAdjMisc.esp
_085_ Balance - game settings.esp
_086_ UL_3.4_RoHT_1.52_Add-on.esp
_087_ GCDTEOCompatibilityPatch.esp
_088_ Mashed Lists.esp

butt baby fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 11, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I just had to get Morrowind running to go try the corgi mod, but I've ended up with an unexpected issue. Lighting.

I told the graphics overhaul not to touch the lighting system, and yet this is how dark it gets:

This makes it unplayable at night without constantly using torches or Night Eye. I am not remotely interested in realistically dark nighttime lighting, and from what I can tell it's nowhere this dark in vanilla Morrowind. What's going on? I've redone the options to confirm I want vanilla-style lighting and it's still incredibly dark.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I've never been able to properly enjoy Skyrim because there's just so much about it that makes it seem like Morrowind with training wheels it inevitably just makes me want to play Morrowind again. So recently I made a list of fixes I thought were doable enough that would make Skyrim feel like Morrowind and went looking for mods that accomplished them.

I think the result was pretty good! I've only been able to play a bit because I've been out of town the last few days but it definitely feels a lot more like playing Morrowind, just in a new world with an updated engine. I have shared the collection on Steam's workshop (including links to those mods I used that are not on the workshop) so I can link that here if anyone is interested.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
That would be great, I"m trying to get into skyrim myself

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Later is fine too I guess.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

enjoy

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I've put the mods I used for this into a collection and shared it on Steam workshop. :coffeepal:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=596345009

Not all the mods I've used are on the workshop. For those, I've included links to their nexus download pages in the description.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

So does MGSO mess with sneak somehow? I can be in stealth according to the little icon, but the person I just shot in the head is attacking me head on. Also I don't get pop ups saying "1,5x damage sneak attack" when sniping, but I'm definitely doing more damage.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Posted this in reddit but might as well here as well.

I'm running MGSO 3.0, installed a bunch of extra mods and now attempting to re-run the MGE XE distant land generator I get the following error when I click on "generate distant lands":

code:
************** Exception Text ************** System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm.LoadSettings() at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm..ctor(Boolean exists) at MGEgui.MainForm.bDistantLandWizard_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

MGEXEgui Assembly Version: 0.9.10.0 Win32 Version: 0.9.10
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Morrowind/MGEXEgui.exe

System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GACMSIL/System/2.0.0.0_b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GACMSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GACMSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

SlimDX Assembly Version: 2.0.9.42 Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Morrowind/SlimDX.DLL

msvcm90 Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.9177 Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.9177
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9177_none_5093cc7abcb795e9/msvcm90.dll
I tried upgrading to MGE XE 0.10 but I'm still getting the same error. Anyone know what this is? Also did I screw myself by upgrading to a newer version of MGEXE?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You would not have screwed yourself with an upgrade, MGSO is just a pack of mods, upgrading any one of those mods is fine.

Did you try the standard run-around as Run As Administrator and such? Just in case? Make sure you have all the subsidiary things that MGEXE may require? (it couldn't hurt to try a re-install of DirectX 9, and maybe whatever other programs it needs, I can't think of them off hand).

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Yep, everything is being run as an administrator. When I try to open the gui it says

code:
Error
The distant static files are missing.
Us the 'Distant land file creation wizard' on the Tools tab to create them.
But there is no Tools tab in the current version of MGE XE. It means the distant land generator wizard in the Distant Land tab, right? That's what's given me the error.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Okay, I've got a really weird problem with the code patch in MWSO. The argonian clothing choice is giving me trouble and not actually letting me choose. No matter how many times I've unchecked it and repatched, it always patches as if it were checked. Why is it relevant? I've been looking into mods that add new clothes, and most of them are women-only. Trying to put these modded items on a patched argonian woman results in invisible textures and other weirdness. I just want fancy new shirts, darn it! :argh:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mizuti posted:

Okay, I've got a really weird problem with the code patch in MWSO. The argonian clothing choice is giving me trouble and not actually letting me choose. No matter how many times I've unchecked it and repatched, it always patches as if it were checked. Why is it relevant? I've been looking into mods that add new clothes, and most of them are women-only. Trying to put these modded items on a patched argonian woman results in invisible textures and other weirdness. I just want fancy new shirts, darn it! :argh:

Reinstall or grab an unedited exe and go from there.

I don't think the patcher can unpatch anything.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Mortimer posted:

Reinstall or grab an unedited exe and go from there.

I don't think the patcher can unpatch anything.

Can the Morrowind.Original exe be used? I tried replacing the old exe with that and repatched, but it didn't change. I may have just not done it right.

On a happier note, holy cow, the tea mod! It sounds very unassuming, but it adds a surprising amount of content. If you care to decorate at all, it offers a staggering assortment of options. There's cutlery, lamps, plates, trays, chests, display cases, napkins, pots, and tons of other items, most in several color and texture variations. And that's not even counting the teas, coffees, and sweets! The tea tins, display cases, and chests can be freely moved and resized, and function as a container with modest storage when placed. This mod obviously had a lot of love put into it.

It even has a sload wearing a fez that visits one of the tea shops.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I have blown my start out training/spell buying budget there so many times.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mizuti posted:

Can the Morrowind.Original exe be used? I tried replacing the old exe with that and repatched, but it didn't change. I may have just not done it right.

On a happier note, holy cow, the tea mod! It sounds very unassuming, but it adds a surprising amount of content. If you care to decorate at all, it offers a staggering assortment of options. There's cutlery, lamps, plates, trays, chests, display cases, napkins, pots, and tons of other items, most in several color and texture variations. And that's not even counting the teas, coffees, and sweets! The tea tins, display cases, and chests can be freely moved and resized, and function as a container with modest storage when placed. This mod obviously had a lot of love put into it.

It even has a sload wearing a fez that visits one of the tea shops.

So, the way the patcher works is every time you're patching it is backing up your current exe. Morrowind original for you at this point is a heavily modified mess. The patcher assumes you aren't running it 10 times :v:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Mortimer posted:

So, the way the patcher works is every time you're patching it is backing up your current exe. Morrowind original for you at this point is a heavily modified mess. The patcher assumes you aren't running it 10 times :v:

Ah, that explains why it isn't working. I don't know much about the mechanics of the various patchers included in the MGSO, so I wasn't sure if that was truly an original unmodified file or not. Time to try to find an actual backup.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

every time I think I'm too harsh on Morrowind Rebirth it comes up with another wonderful update

quote:

Vanilla Fixes
* 'com_chest_11_k01' was supposed to contain 5 randomly generated items, but the Bloodmoon expansion modified its contents to be just one random restore potion.
* Raviso Andalas, Molag Mar, will no longer offer trading services (He didn't have anything for sale).
* Nalion, Gateway Inn, will no longer offer trading services (He didn't have anything for sale).
* 'Ring of Wizard's Fire' now causes Fire Damage instead of Drain Health.

Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Removed references to Fiend and Devil weapons from Ra'Virr's dialogue as he no longer sell these items.
* NPCs in Gorvas Vulves Tower, Seyda Neen will no longer have generic names such as "Cultist".
* Removed a duplicate of 'barrel_01_ahnassi_food', which is supposed to be a unique container.
* Removed an Adamantium Dagger that was laying just outside the Census Offices in Seyda Neen.
* Dremoras and Golden Saints will no longer fail casting bound weapons.
* Ragnfid, a resident in Balmora, no longer wears Nordic Mail.

* Dremora Lords will no longer conjure "Bound Dagger".
* Removed a missplaced force-field in Ularradalluku.
* Some Khajiit slaves had no head assigned to them.
* Silver Crossbow icon is now transparent.
* Landscape fixes and improvements.
* Added pathgrids to the Deadlands.
* Fixed typos in books/notes.

Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* NPCs will no longer die from standing in a fire. NPC AI simply doesn't recognize the danger of it, thus it had to be removed.. Damage still applies to the player.
* All keys have been renamed so that the player actually know where each key goes (Key to..).
* Removed unnecessary NPCs and clutter in Balmora in an attempt to improve performance.
* Increased practice dummy health from 2500 to 3000.
* Duke's Guards in Ebonheart are no longer clones.

Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* A longship carrying what seems to be nord raiders has been sighted in the Azuras Coast region. Their intentions are so far unknown..
* Added trapdoors to the gatehouses in Caldera. The poor guards shouldn't have to use levitation to get onto the battlements.
* Boiled Netch Leather Pauldrons can now be found/bought in/at various locations (Thanks MD!).
* Placed another Daedric Tower Shield in the gameworld (used to be only one).
* Ald Redaynia, a new village located just north of Urshilaku Camp.
* Minor overhaul of Khuul and its surroundings (clutter etc).
* Minor overhaul of Wolverine Hall (clutter etc).
* Ald'ruhn is now completely surrounded by walls.
* Suran now has a city gate.

Balancing

Weapons/Armor
* All Warhammers/Battle Axes will now cause less damage across the board. These changes also make Warhammers the most deadly weapons in the game (used to be Battle Axes).
* Daedric Dart value from 500 to 350.
* Ebony Dart value from 500 to 175.

Spells
* Hearth Heal magnitude changed from 25-50 to 15-30 (remember that this is a starting spell).
* Firebite/Shockbite/Frostbite magnitude changed from 15-30 to 15-25.
* Energy Leech duration changed from 30 to 1.
* Energy Leech magnitude changed from 5-30 to 5-25.
* Open magnitude changed from 10-10 to 5-25.
* Open spell cost changed from 9 to 10.
* Ondusi's Open Door magnitude changed from 75-75 to 25-50.
* Ondusi's Open Door spell cost changed from 60 to 20.
* Wild Open magnitude changed from 75-75 to 50-75.
* Wild Open spell cost changed from 45 to 40.
* Jump magnitude changed from 5-5 to 10-10.
* Jump duration changed from 10 to 30.
* Tinur's Hoptoad magnitude changed from 10-10 to 15-15.
* Tinur's Hoptoad duration changed from 10 to 30.
* Feather magnitude changed from 50 to 25.
* Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Strong Feather magnitude changed from 75 to 50.
* Strong Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Great Feather magnitude changed from 100 to 75
* Great Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Ulms' Juicedaw Feather magnitude changed from 150 to 100.
* Ulms' Juicedaw Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Earwig magnitude changed from 10 to 15
* Wild Earwig magnitude changed from 40 to 45
* Sanctuary magnitude changed from 20 to 15.
* Sanctuary duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Father's hand duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Sotha's Grace magnitude changed from 40 to 45.
* Sotha's Grace duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Lightning Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Toxic Cloud magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Fire Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Frost Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Shockguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Poisonguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Fireguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Frostguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.

Spell Base Cost
* Fire/Frost/Shock/Poision-damage spells are now somewhat more costly.
* Cure Common Disease-spells are now much cheaper.
* Cure Blight Disease-spells are now much cheaper.
* Cure Poison-spells are now slightly cheaper.
* Sanctuary spells are now slightly cheaper.
* Sound spells are now slightly cheaper.

Enchantments
* Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw enchantment from Fortify Agility/Endurance 10 points to Fortify Agility/Endurance 15 points.
* Ring of Fire Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Fire Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Ice Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Ice Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud magnitude changed from 1-20 to 5-20.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud enchantment duration changed from 10 to 2.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Lightning Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Lightning Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Scroll of Elemental Burst: Fire/Shock/Frost magnitude changed from 20-50 to 15-45.
* Scroll of Elemental Burst: Fire/Shock/Frost area changed from 10 to 8.

Misc
* Leveled list for enchanted rings has been overhauled to make more sense. For example Firebolt Ring should drop at an earlier level than Cruel Firebolt Ring, and Cruel Firebolt Ring should drop earlier than Dire Firebolt Ring etc.
* Calvus Horatius, the mercenary for hire in Tribunal, is now a bit better equipped, and has a bit more health/fatigue.
* Most merchants have recieved a boost to their mercantile skill (NPC level + 30).
* Removed Sword of White Woe from Balmora, Eastern Guard Tower.

Graphics
* Rocks in the Azura's Coast Region will now use vanilla textures and will therefore be affected by texture replacers of your choise.
* Rocks in the Red Mountain Region will now use the texture "tx_rm_rock_01" (as in vanilla) instead of "tx_rm_rock_02".
* Made the Stonecrab texture a bit less colorful to match the overall color-scheme of Morrowind.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_com_trapbottom_01' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_nord_ladder_01' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_nord_ladder_02' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Included a fix for 'apparatus_s_alembic_01.nif', which had two uv glitches.
* Included improved/fixed Velothi interior meshes.

Balmora's Underworld Changes
* Balance changes, bug fixes and improvements.

Other changes
* Removed bugged province maps from the mod (Skyrim, Hammerfell etc).
* Removed unnecessary files from the archive.
* Removed Thieves Guild armor from the mod.
* Removed Daedra Seducers from the mod.

That uniquely placed item everyone remembers? It was unbalanced. I removed it.
That NPC that seemed like they stood out and hinted at a rich world full of stories? I didn't like them. I fixed them.
Those silly, fun events that would come out of systems interacting in unforseen ways? Unbalanced. I fixed those.
This merchant sold interesting weapons that gave starting characters opportunities to punch above their weight if used tactically and intelligently? They don’t now. I didn’t like it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I appreciate that they keep trying to balance it like the systems won't screw you over at the earlier convenience. That isn't crazy or anything.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Morrowind isn't exactly a game that lends itself to balancing, heh.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Orv posted:

I appreciate that they keep trying to balance it like the systems won't screw you over at the earlier convenience. That isn't crazy or anything.
Going about it by removing everything interesting and unique they find is kind of the scorched Earth approach to balancing, though, isn't it? This is the same mod that made the Temple questline impossible to complete because it straight-up deleted the Hair Shirt of St Aralor from the game, presumably because you can find it and it's unusual therefore it must go.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

quote:

* Removed an Adamantium Dagger that was laying just outside the Census Offices in Seyda Neen.
vat. Where is this? Is this in vanilla?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

No, that was a Rebirth change, I believe.

And hey, one of the things I love about Morrowind is that with the proper foreknowledge you can become an avatar of death within 2 hours if you know what you're doing and what merchants to take advantage of. Training is unlimited and once you hit the 20s in level gold just balloons out of control.

I mean hell you can get a Daedric katana 30 minutes in.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Going about it by removing everything interesting and unique they find is kind of the scorched Earth approach to balancing, though, isn't it? This is the same mod that made the Temple questline impossible to complete because it straight-up deleted the Hair Shirt of St Aralor from the game, presumably because you can find it and it's unusual therefore it must go.

I mean more moving all the RNG numbers down but not fixing the RNG in the first place, as though you won't fail to cast Hearth Heal nine times in a row with 74% because go gently caress yourself. poo poo I just started replaying Morrowind today since I skipped my yearly run last year, and Foryn Gilnith (or whatever his last name is) nearly killed me because he kept landing punches like I'd never seen.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think in terms of balance there's a lot to be said for keeping the OP stuff the way it is and just making other poo poo more viable/diverse/interesting.

For instance, while it's not completely gimped, with a few exceptions light and medium armours towards the end of the game don't really offer any benefits whatsoever over heavy armour and they're less interesting with a narrower and less diverse choice of stuff to choose from. Maybe add in some unique light armour with +Int, +Will or +Agi bonuses, or Chameleon bonuses, Sanctuary effects etc ... – e.g. in line with the skills that characters who use those types of armour would probably benefit from. Or, have medium/light armour with big magicka bonuses for battlemages so your character can choose between the heavy poo poo which tends to emphasise physical prowess and the lighter stuff which might focus on other stuff but at the cost of armour.

Weapons on the whole seem pretty good but I'd increase the enchant capacity on the faster ones so they're more viable vs their heavier counterparts which benefit greatly from strength modifiers end game.

Then, give enemies a more diverse range of immunities but get reflect the gently caress outta the game or amend it so that it's proportional rather than binary.

Of course every character will eventually be OP but with Morrowind I always found that the rewarding thing was how you got there rather than the end result.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I know it's probably not possible under the current engine but Morrowind could probably really benefit from having different kinds of physical damage to introduce a bit of variety in how the weapons function e.g. Slashing Resist, Crushing Resist, Piercing Resist.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Actually light armor has massive benefit over heavy - it's a metric fuckton lighter. Full set of Daedric takes over half of your possible encumbrance by itself and ebony isn't that far behind AFAIK.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

But on one hand, Daedric armor is hard as gently caress to get, whereas, again, with Glass, you can get near a full set pretty drat quick if you know what you're doing:

1. Go get the Amulet of Shadows from the 'Ring in Pond' lady and her friend.
2. Head to Ghostgate and, using the Amulet, steal the near full-set from the smith downstairs in the Tower of Dusk (I believe, guessing here).

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Light has always been better, across all the games.

It's generally easier to find, it has the same armor values, and it weighs less. Even in Skyrim, it got much better perks overall then Heavy did.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I did say there were a couple of good exceptions e.g. Cuirass of the Savior's hide.

The Fist of Randagulf +10 STR and Wraithguard when worn together results in an encumbrance surplus (-19), Therana's Daedric Greaves and Cuirass both come with Feather 50 Enchantment (+44 Encumbrance Gain). A bog standard Glass Cuirass and Greaves weighs 27 by itself.

Most items in the game can be gotten pretty quickly if you know where to look.

IMO the weight of everything else is pretty much negligible once you start getting more strength innately and from equipment in the late game. I'll concede though it's handier in the early game.

Edit: Fists of Randagulf actually add +20 STR!!

Entropy238 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 11, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GuyUpNorth posted:

Actually light armor has massive benefit over heavy - it's a metric fuckton lighter. Full set of Daedric takes over half of your possible encumbrance by itself and ebony isn't that far behind AFAIK.

That's why you enchant them with constant effect feather + strength boost.

Alternatively you make clothing with constant effect bound armor.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Cat Mattress posted:

That's why you enchant them with constant effect feather + strength boost.

Alternatively you make clothing with constant effect bound armor.

Even without enchanting, using the examples I've used above, wearing Randagulf's STR Fist, Theranas Daedric Cuirass, Therana's Daedric Greaves and a pair of Daedric Boots only nets a +14 gain in encumbrance and that's four slots covered. Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw is only another +10.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Anybody happen to have Passive Healthy Wildlife sitting around on their computer? Seems it's been deleted across the internet, and I really liked that mod.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
mw.modhistory.com

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

So I can't figure out why the grass keeps disappearing in my mgso install. The only other mods I'm running are morrowind abodes, a head pack, and book rotate (which is its own magical clusterfuck of not playing well with book jackets).

Also while we're sort of talking about therena, I'm pretty sure that Tel Branora has the highest concentration of wood elves in the entire game. They're everywhere. I assume the crazy lady just has a thing for them. :iiam:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Grass/groundcover has to be generated using MGE(XE) and the ESPs have to be unticked in the launcher.

I usually install my Grass/groundcover ESP files into their own "grass" folder under Data Files\, then set that as a search directory in MGE during distant land setup.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

So unticking them should fix it? Sounds counterintuitive but I'll give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

So unticking them should fix it? Sounds counterintuitive but I'll give it a shot.

Yup, assuming you're running MGE and you generated your distant land. They should never be checked.

Not sure what it would do to an existing save like that, though.