Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Stoatbringer posted:

Aw, I was hoping it would be a Chuck Tingle novel.

Pounded in the Rump by Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A twist ending worthy of Shyamalan.

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

A twist ending worthy of Shyamalan.

Except it's watchable.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/65E4IBF.gifv

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

This is the platonic ideal of something, but I'm not sure what.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

I love how this is the perfect example of what I tell newbies: The best way to not get muddy/wet is to walk slowly through the middle of the mud/river. Anything else is gambling with losing your balance and falling in. But no, their precious sneakers! Nevermind they'll be just as muddy/wet in another two hours.

So what I'm saying is thank you, I'm off to get this framed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

Aw, I was hoping it would be a Chuck Tingle novel.

Dr. Tingle's already got the Trumpster covered.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Holy gently caress hahahahaha. GF trying to do yoga but can't concentrate cause im laughing so hard.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ehud posted:

I mean, it's not nearly as funny as the guy who set out to walk across the country with a baby stroller carrying his supplies and only made it like 40 miles, but I was amused nonetheless.
Link please

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEmZwZz2zw4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The soundtrack for the video works equally well for the gif :haw:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
the most straya robbery ever :australia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpI49SuDTo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Who the gently caress would rob an Oporto?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/XwAslTj.gifv

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Testekill posted:

The sort of people who get foiled by a dude with one thong and no shirt.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Killeroo!

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Skippy applying a neat sleeper hold there. :australia:
Do not ever gently caress with full grown kangaroos.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ausgoons can correct me if im wrong, but kangaroos fight each other for dominance by choking their rivals to death

ps she died

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

im pooping! posted:

ausgoons can correct me if im wrong, but kangaroos fight each other for dominance by choking their rivals to death

ps she died

You know wrestling is fake right?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

im pooping! posted:

ps she died

Roos fight for dominance by grabbing each other and then kicking each other in the belly. If they're fighting in a dam then they'll straight up try and drown each other or stomp the poo poo out of things.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Birb Katter posted:

The sort of people who get foiled by a dude with one thong and no shirt.

lol im trans

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The "Where in the world is Matt" dance really got weird.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The soundtrack for the video works equally well for the gif :haw:

Well, whaddaya know https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/eklAxNn.gif&v=pVGUs9nQGaw&s=19

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A crippling blizzard in Washington DC, yet idiots still want to go out in it. Better make sure the ol' SUV is in good condition.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
What's even going on here? The guy without the shoe is trying to rob the place? Why did he throw that other guys key away?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Surprisingly no schaden in this freude.

http://i.imgur.com/y4oqOrR.gifv

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Less Fat Luke posted:

What's even going on here? The guy without the shoe is trying to rob the place? Why did he throw that other guys key away?

quote:

A COUPLE of Gold Coast blokes have thwarted would-be robbers and filmed the entire dramatic encounter overnight.

James Ross-Munroe and Kane Wiblen found themselves in the right place at the wrong time at an Arundel service station late last night when thieves broke into an Oporto shop.

But instead of standing idly by, Mr Ross-Munroe — who had just ‘busted a plugga’ (broken his thongs) — ran over to the white Commodore getaway car — which had no registration plates.

A shirtless Mr Ross-Munroe took the keys from the ignition while the thieves were still in the Marble Arch Place shop.
James Ross-Munroe quickly took the keys from the getaway car’s ignition.

When the bandits reappeared and jumped in the car, Mr Ross-Munroe lept in after them, throwing several punches and yelling obscenities to the men as they took off on foot.

He and Mr Wiblen gave chase but the robbers got away.

The pair immediately posted the vision on Facebook saying ‘The moment we caught two blokes breaking into Oportos Arundel, they ran inside so I took their keys out of the ignition.”

“When the driver came back to the car he realised his keys were missing, the passenger jumped in and I managed to land a few punches ...

“I chased them but because I’m fat they got away.”
And confronted the thieves as they tried to escape.

The video has since been shared hundreds of times with friends commenting that they are heroes.

Gold Coast police confirmed the robbery saying both robbers fled west along Brisbane Road toward Helensvale

Police have a 23-year-old man in custody but are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Testekill posted:

What is an Oporto?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hihohe posted:

What is an Oporto?

Portuguese fast-food joint in Australia.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bath salts make people go crazy and eat someone's face.
Alcohol can be a mixed bag of rear end in a top hat or funny-stupid behavior.
Meth turns people into crazy toothless scabby zombies.

But weed? Got high, rescued a dog, felt ashamed and called the cops on themselves. :allears:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Taco Bell exec is suing the Uber driver he beat up for $5 million

quote:

Remember Benjamin Golden, the former Taco Bell executive who beat up his Uber driver? Golden is now suing the driver for $5 million for recording the violent attack. From the Orange County Register:

As a result of the overwhelming media coverage, Golden says he suffered severe emotional distress, humiliation, anxiety and the loss of his job.

The lawsuit claims invasion of privacy, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault and battery. He is seeking damages in excess of $5 million.

I wonder how the judge will react to this? Hopefully this will backfire on him and generate some schadenfreude.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Less Fat Luke posted:

They were probably pissed and were going to the service station for food and were loving around on the way, hence the recording.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

JamesieAB posted:

Taco Bell exec is suing the Uber driver he beat up for $5 million

I wonder how the judge will react to this? Hopefully this will backfire on him and generate some schadenfreude.

the lawyer taking his case should be disbarred

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Uber driver originally sued the exec for $25,000 for his damages, injuries, and whatnot. The exec came back with this counterclaim for $5 million. I believe the lawyer who filed the counterclaim was the same lawyer that is handling his criminal charges.

Folks, there are different types of lawyers. Some lawyers are very, very good at criminal cases, and know how to handle those matters in a way that will work. These same lawyers will do things extraordinarily poorly if you let them near the civil side of law. Regardless of the merits of the case, or the merits of the underlying action, this was an extraordinarily stupid thing to do for both your case against the driver and the criminal case pending against you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The counter suit will be the easiest win that Uber drivers lawyer will ever have.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I haven't read any of the details because I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure that $5m figure is because the Taco Bell dude lost his job when the video surfaced. Not saying he deserves it or anything, but he lost a boat load of money when that video hit youtubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The lawyer doing the counter suit is gonna get paid whether he wins or not. Basically just padding his bill a little.

Write civil complaint : $
Submit complaint: $
Read judge's decision to dismiss: $
Phone call to client to discuss civil suit: $

Goddamn do I wish I was a lawyer sometimes.