Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

wtf is account injection and why do I keep getting injected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Hixson posted:

wtf is account injection and why do I keep getting injected

It means you are decent enough at MWO to get rewards from the current contest.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Endbuster posted:

What quotes? I didn't quote poo poo.

That's unfortunate.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A Curvy Goonette posted:

they are the worst assault in the game

You know the Gargoyle is a thing, right?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The Wolfhound and Panther are pretty fun.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A.o.D. posted:

You can also mount a flamer in the Awesome's head. Instant win. Especially when you drop with team helios and they get mad from you cooking them while simply chatting in mumble.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
All challenges done except highland victories.
Somehow, nobody wants to play highlands anymore.

After 1 week of 24/7 highlands.

Cant figure out why.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I am having too much fun with this loving LRM-Dog in these big open snow maps. First time I've enjoyed playing on Alpine in YEARS (possibly ever). 977 damage with a match score of 623 :getin:

Had a similarly high damage game with the Nova sporting 10 small pulses too, I think I'll stick with those since I get too tempted to hang back at 200-300 meters with the small lasers instead of getting right up on some butts. If this thing gets a decent size reduction it's gonna be a beast. A lot of the taller humanoid mechs look right over you as it is.

vvv This is the thing to do. You can chain fire them super accurately basically forever at about about 250-500 meters. I just ended up maxing the armor and carrying a TAG + 3 small lasers in the arms. 15 extra damage inside 200 meters isn't bad and I have yet to run through the 8 tons of ammo I have stocked in. with the LRM's decent tracking at midrange you can actually twist and spread damage a lot better than I expected to be able to.

double edit: Having built one myself now I cannot fathom how the pubbies I see with no back-up weapons and stripped down armor in 6xLRM5-Dogs expect to go through the 2000+ missiles they must be carrying. I'm firing pretty much constantly throughout a match once the fighting starts and I still don't chew through all my ammo :iiam:

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 23, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rocketpriest posted:

I am having too much fun with this loving LRM-Dog in these big open snow maps. First time I've enjoyed playing on Alpine in YEARS (possibly ever). 977 damage with a match score of 623 :getin:

Had a similarly high damage game with the Nova sporting 10 small pulses too, I think I'll stick with those since I get too tempted to hang back at 200-300 meters with the small lasers instead of getting right up on some butts. If this thing gets a decent size reduction it's gonna be a beast. A lot of the taller humanoid mechs look right over you as it is.

Just for kicks i took out my 2x20 lrm dog and reconfigured to 6x5lrm.
I kinda like it, if you use them at mid to low range. Kinda like guided srms.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Just remember that between 0-270m (without modules/quirks) you'd be better served with actual Stream SRMs

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Clan Streaks have a 360m (396m with mod) range. It's even better than that.

Streak Dogs are pretty interesting to watch, but like most Mad Dogs it's easy to dismantle.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

A.o.D. posted:

drat man you got me, this one piece of poo poo is slightly worse than another piece of poo poo

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TheParadigm posted:

I think i'm going to pick up some awesomes during the sale. Which ones are the best of the bunch?

9m doesn't seem worth it even with the up-engining. What about the others?

8q owns with 4 PPCs, 8R is great with either 4x ALRM15 or as the mawesome (4x ASRM6, 3 MPL). My third is the 9m, but its expensively gay and not all that great compared to the other two. I think I used it in CW way back when, but its just a little too hot to be enjoyable.

You should know ahead of time that they are not great mechs and if you wish to be part of the sperglord elite society you should look elsewhere.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

A Curvy Goonette posted:

drat man you got me, this one piece of poo poo is slightly worse than another piece of poo poo

King poo poo of poo poo mountain

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

Give it back to BMR before Anita gets jealous of your new bromance.

Unless it's on sale, there are no good buys save one... Jade Falcon warhorn. And that is never on sale and stupid overpriced too.

Beraiye posted:

huh wut?

We have one fight...

Elliotw2 posted:

Who cares, mumble.goonrathi.com, password mellon

I was just asked not to put it in the OP. No one said not to post it. :v:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Stringbean posted:

Oh no, now all the spies will flood our top secret operations - they'll hear about people's hot sisters and uhhhh... Our favorite hot pocket flavors!

I knew a guy who used hot pocket as a euphemism for vagina....

so you just said the same thing twice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I couldnt decide between the stalker and the battlemaster, so i bought a Ghost Dad.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Polar Highlands makes me really want some sort of visual spotting mechanic so I can place stationary "HEY DUMBASS THERE WAS A PERSON RIGHT HERE!" blips for mechs out of sensor range.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Polar Highlands just makes the usual "hide behind any cover so badmans don't shoot me" pubbies confused and unwilling to move forwards.

It's quite funny actually.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

DancingShade posted:

Polar Highlands just makes the usual "hide behind any cover so badmans don't shoot me" pubbies confused and unwilling to move forwards.

It's quite funny actually.

Always camp J6 bruh, best strat 2k16

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

EAThief posted:

Always camp J6 bruh, best strat 2k16

Yeah babay.

Also the big as LOS blocking building in K7.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
please invite me to the WoL << gently caress the ROW /swampdog

fuck the ROW fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 24, 2016

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Need a WOL invite: JudgeJoeBrown

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What mechs are good and bad for this sale

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Off the top of my head and preferences:

As7-ddc, cataphract 0xp.

What's the least awful #3 Locust? I have a pirates bane and a -1v. I need a third for eliting out the PB.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The missile one. Those ssrm2s give you a solid up close punch

Real answer: the 1M or 3M, whichever it is that has the ridiculous laser quirks.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jenner F, though it's cheap enough to grab all three for mastery purposes.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Great Beer posted:

The missile one. Those ssrm2s give you a solid up close punch

Real answer: the 1M or 3M, whichever it is that has the ridiculous laser quirks.

It looks like the 1m has stupid quirks but 2 energy ct hardpoints, but the 3m has modest ones and 5 energy hardpoints.

the 3v's also drawn my attention due to those toughness quirks. Seems really out of place on a locust there.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
How did the Clan Purple Bird CW drops go?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I wish I had gotten a screenshot of the 2x LRM 5, 2x AC/20, 2x Flamer King Crab I just watched Stringbean go up against. That poo poo was bananas.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
woohoo!

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
I've really gone all in the last month and drank deep of the kool aid. The last two challenge sessions have kept me dedicated to focusing for more extraneous crap and I want more more more arbitrary motivation to play more. Also finally been learning how to kick rear end with lights, though I excel meowst with the Cheetah so *shrug*

Been seeing a lot of you guys on lately in pug group matches. Y'all got me started but I started my own unit of personal friends and we've all drank deep.If you ever see [VSB] that's my crew, the Vaporwave Sad Boys, so say hi. Some of you I've tried accosting in chat, mostly because you're the only group I recognize besides SPR.

Also loving the new map. Feels like scouting actually matters there, thought I'd hate the size but ended up digging it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Polar highlands is a garbage map, sorry.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I've really gone all in the last month and drank deep of the kool aid. The last two challenge sessions have kept me dedicated to focusing for more extraneous crap and I want more more more arbitrary motivation to play more. Also finally been learning how to kick rear end with lights, though I excel meowst with the Cheetah so *shrug*

Been seeing a lot of you guys on lately in pug group matches. Y'all got me started but I started my own unit of personal friends and we've all drank deep.If you ever see [VSB] that's my crew, the Vaporwave Sad Boys, so say hi. Some of you I've tried accosting in chat, mostly because you're the only group I recognize besides SPR.

Also loving the new map. Feels like scouting actually matters there, thought I'd hate the size but ended up digging it.

cheetah is a good robot

my favourite bit is when the locust sees me and starts frantically backpedalling

e: haha holy poo poo no the best bit is 4'00" where the dude gets killed then obliterates two of his teammates with a goddam airstrike tier 4 best tier

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 24, 2016

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Random Number posted:

Polar highlands is a garbage map, sorry.

Then buy different mechs lol I'm loving it. I'm 7 for 7 right now and I mostly use light mechs.

wah wah wah everyone cater to my play style love me

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

I wish I had gotten a screenshot of the 2x LRM 5, 2x AC/20, 2x Flamer King Crab I just watched Stringbean go up against. That poo poo was bananas.

I wish I had video. It was surreal. At first I was like "well gently caress me, a KGC" and it started winging AC/20s. Then it stopped and spewed loving fire. :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Then buy different mechs lol I'm loving it. I'm 7 for 7 right now and I mostly use light mechs.

wah wah wah everyone cater to my play style love me

It'd be a less lovely map if you could pick which mech you dropped in after the map was chosen

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Bolow posted:

It'd be a less lovely map if you could pick which mech you dropped in after the map was chosen

That's the case for pretty much every map tho.

Plenty of gullies and ditches tho. I've seen med/short builds come out on top, just don't highline yourself.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

That's the case for pretty much every map tho.

Plenty of gullies and ditches tho. I've seen med/short builds come out on top, just don't highline yourself.

Yeah duder you and your crew sound real cool hope we get to talk in game y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Tujague posted:

Yeah duder you and your crew sound real cool hope we get to talk in game y'all

:thumbsup:

• Locked thread