Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

goldjas posted:

I don't really understand the point of these goofy survey questions, this game is just translated from Korea it's not like any answers we give will cause them to make any actual changes. I keep answering them though because they are tied to loot. I guess that's one way to get people to fill out that kind of thing.

Actually the West team can pass on feedback to the East team, and has done so in the past. The surveys are an easy way for them to collect directed feedback. And are likely the same questions in every region, which makes it even easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Even my German backwater server now has a 1000+ players long queue.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Could you please add "Loli Anime" to the list of people that can invite to GoonWangFu please.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

The game has gotten to the point where you're just not going to be playing during the waking hours unless you're premium. The premium line gets clogged which means the freebie line never moves for literally the entire afternoon. If you're one of those people who has a normal daylight sleep schedule, get premium or put this game off for like a month.

I logged in today at 9am right when the servers got back up. Game froze and I tried logging back in at noon. Nope. +200 premiums ahead of me for forever. RIP :(

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

chumbler posted:

They kinda feel a bit one dimensional to play, but that is probably not what they are complaining about. More likely it's just people not liking being cced.

I have done pvp matches 8 times as a destroyer. I have won 8 times. I am not good at pvp. It feels unfair. I'm sure that is big part of it.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Seems like every Cooking recipe takes meat from Trapping which makes it not ideal to pair with pottery. The profession they have in common is Farming which produces grains but even the recipes that use grains still require meats too.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I think I'll just be waiting and playing with the character gen occasionally until the population settles and I can find a nice relaxing medium/low server to quest on. Wanted to post the current draft of my summoner though, since there were some great posts in the thread about how to make characters not look like anime barbie children. Ended up somewhere between "little old kung fu master" and "aging hippie," which sounds about right for an old dude that hangs out with his cat all day. :v: (Just noticed I made his hands too big though, should fix that.)

I assume making an old kung fu master woman is a little more difficult due to higher volume of creepy fanservice outfits for female characters, but I think it's definitely safe to say you can make a non-comedy Lyn character without feeling like you've been put on a watchlist somewhere.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 23, 2016

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Do you really have to be logged in for your daily dash rolls to count down? That seems like a bad idea.

Also I want that Night Luna costume holy poo poo. I hope there aren't purchasable rolls in the cash shop else I'm going broke so loving fast.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
RIP login server again.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Hmm. I just got booted on some strange error... 3000 or something.

Trying to relaunch gives me an error now... Data error e01008 nic updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com_r2afa

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

RIP login server again.

Great time to CTD! Good job everything that I've seen so far is loving AMAZING

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Evil_Greven posted:

Hmm. I just got booted on some strange error... 3000 or something.

Trying to relaunch gives me an error now... Data error e01008 nic updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com_r2afa

Same, login server seems down as the ip it's trying to connect to doesn't even respond.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just spent 2 hours doing character creation, what timing :saddowns:

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Buhbuhj posted:

RIP login server again.

yeah I got booted :(

I did my first purple dungeon though! so that helps.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Your Computer posted:

Same, I was sperging out on making a character to try the game and now boom :(

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
It's back up; hurry and :getin: before the queues get long again.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Oh, launcher is working again. Let's see if it gets ingame...

e: Yes, it's back... wonder if it was an internet interruption on some pipe somewhere.

e2: And RIP again.

e3: It's up again but shaky with these lag spikes.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 24, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Your Computer posted:

Remember that you can save your character look!

Also yes, it looks like the response to the game is so immense that it's overloading their choice of ISPs

That's a problem, but on some level it's a problem you want to have

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Buhbuhj posted:

RIP login server again.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
And now it's back down again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Was going to ask, is anyone else getting a "data error" trying to open the launcher?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpaceDrake posted:

Remember that you can save your character look!

I know and I love it!

mushroom_spore posted:

I assume making an old kung fu master woman is a little more difficult due to higher volume of creepy fanservice outfits for female characters, but I think it's definitely safe to say you can make a non-comedy Lyn character without feeling like you've been put on a watchlist somewhere.

Well, they're the only race that actually wear clothes in this game. :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Me and my friends have been enjoying as of late looking through the various outfits through the wardrobe option. Seems like Lyn is, surprisingly, the consistently least creepy race. Guess these guys aren't like TERA.

On the other hand, the Stinger outfit looks so absolutely hilarious on Lyn I cracked up for like a minute straight looking at it.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

SpaceDrake posted:

Was going to ask, is anyone else getting a "data error" trying to open the launcher?

Yeah, that seems to be the 'login server is hosed' error for this game.

Ryebed
May 31, 2002

You seem well,
~*GENJI*~

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes I am. I'd guess it has something to do with the server the launcher connects to being down but I don't know for sure. I did manage to log in for about 10 seconds before getting booted trying to find a party for a dungeon.

Oh now the launcher works again.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Hello, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with #BladeandSoul servers. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves.

From https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Your Computer posted:

Well, they're the only race that actually wear clothes in this game. :v:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Me and my friends have been enjoying as of late looking through the various outfits through the wardrobe option. Seems like Lyn is, surprisingly, the consistently least creepy race. Guess these guys aren't like TERA.

:monocle:

I guess I'd forgotten the OP does mention their outfits tending to be "pretty modest." I'm impressed, cause yeah, even with that in mind my expectations would have been pretty low for a game like this. (Especially after briefly trying out TERA. The novelty of playing a pudgy badger-man warrior wore off pretty quick.)

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 24, 2016

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone know who I can /who or /t for an invite into the Shanghai Goons clan/guild, on the Mushin server?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I was just able to get in.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

anyone have an idiot's guide to FM? i made one for an alt and they seem pretty chill.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The official forums are great (bad) right now.

quote:

ACCESS TO ALL MEANS ACCESS TO ALL does it not? waiting over 6 hours in queue is not ACCESS it's DENILE OF ACCESS

quote:

So whats the point of being a founder? I am a founder and i find it completly USELESS... why we have to wait for this queues that are Insane I would not mind for 30 minutes or even 1hour Queue but ... Dude I was on Queue i was like #100 something and them it says 1 hour , I was like drat... well is okay 1 hour is okay will watch anime or some stuff meanwhile, I check back and im like the #1200 and had to wait 1780 MINUTES THATS 30 HOURS BRO 30 HOURS!!!!!!!! We should had at least 1 month of free membership at least for the "special queue" I think im just gonna delete this game :/ 1780 minutes... god sake

Source for the second quote: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/155353-founder-is-useless-and-queue-is-insane/

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Still no pinchy outfit :(

Send me your genki damas please.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

:monocle:

I guess I'd forgotten the OP does mention their outfits tending to be "pretty modest." I'm impressed, cause yeah, even with that in mind my expectations would have been pretty low for a game like this. (Especially after briefly trying out TERA. The novelty of playing a pudgy badger-man warrior wore off pretty quick.)

Their clothes are so modest that sometimes I wish non-Lyns had a similar number of 'modest' clothing, or at least be able to choose the Lyn variation on a non-Lyn. I don't want to wear bodysuits or be nearly naked all the time, and some of the Lyn variations are actually pretty good.
Having said that, I'd be running around in that 'Scarlet' outfit that looks like a really short red dress if it wasn't for that compulsory tail thing on the back. Why must it have a tail that you can't remove? If I wanted a tail I'd be playing Lyns again! :shrug:

Buhbuhj posted:

I thought people only farmed Pincy for the scorpion tail. Unless that's what you're talking about.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Quick and dumb question; what do I vendor?

I've gotten a bunch of Soul Shields, Sealed Weapons and food that are taking up space, but they only seem to vendor for 1 copper. Are they useful in any way or do I just get rid of it all?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Your Computer posted:

I've gotten a bunch of Soul Shields, Sealed Weapons and food that are taking up space, but they only seem to vendor for 1 copper. Are they useful in any way or do I just get rid of it all?

Disassemble everything you cant market sell. It always gives a 1 copper scrap and can give you fusing material so there's no real harm in doing it.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Buhbuhj posted:

You can buy Pinchy's Essences on the Marketboard for probably not very much. It's what I did, because he's a pain to farm with the stupid bombs.

e:

quote:

Disassemble everything you cant market sell. It always gives a 1 copper scrap and can give you fusing material so there's no real harm in doing it.

You won't get anything but scrap from weapons and accessories until higher levels (40+), so you can just vendor them. It won't cost you anything either really, but it saves a little time.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Soul shield you aren't using you can salvage. It'll give you broken pieces (which you can vendor) or fusion powder (which is used to upgrade soul shields). Weapons you can use to upgrade your Hongmoon weapon, or salvage them if you don't need them for Hongmoon exp.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Karistar posted:

I thought people only farmed Pincy for the scorpion tail. Unless that's what you're talking about.

People farm Pinchy because its female outfit just puts your rear end right out there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Old Man Cho has a long queue even for premium now. I was afraid that was going to happen. They really need to add server transfers or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

chumbler posted:

Old Man Cho has a long queue even for premium now. I was afraid that was going to happen. They really need to add server transfers or something.

My buddy hasn't even been able to get in since launch. I'd be more than willing to hop servers if they'd just let me. :smith:

• Locked thread