Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the replies RE: Vendoring/Salvaging!

New question; is there really no /flex? I just wanted to pose like in the character creator. This is game-breaking. :mad:

Anyway, I made a Lyn and named it after these little shits :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Rip NCSoft ISP again.

e: ooh back faster this timenevermind

e2: back

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 24, 2016

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
Annnnnd its gone!

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Looking at the leveled VIP rewards makes me somewhat worried. Many of the top tier ones seem very OP.

ln206
Sep 29, 2014

Tanreall posted:

If any guild on Mushin has room I'd like an invite. Name is Bigglesworth.

I believe the guild (Shanghai Goon) is currently full right now @.@

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

ShadowMoo posted:

Looking at the leveled VIP rewards makes me somewhat worried. Many of the top tier ones seem very OP.

Is this a serious post? If it is, can you elaborate?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Tsurupettan posted:

Is this a serious post? If it is, can you elaborate?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/premium-membership/

100% extra crafting and gathering xp at rank 10, 150% extra gold from combat, Remote storage, no cooldown windstride, 100% bonus cash shop coins. I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy. Unless these are just minor things in the game.

quote:

'Yes, you can still earn Premium Points without an active Premium Membership. Premium Points can be earned through purchases on the Hongmoon Store. However, you will need an active Premium Membership to use the benefits of your Premium Points.'

That seems lovely.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 24, 2016

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

ShadowMoo posted:

have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy. Unless these are just minor things in the game.

They are extremely minor.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

:gary: I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy. Unless these are just minor things in the game. :yarg:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Those are all pretty minor. I guess the crafting experience thing might be nice for your 20th alt by the time you unlock that tier.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The actual most op thing that premium gives is wardrobe deposit.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
The only thing OP is that F2P doesn't have access to the wardrobe. It'll severely limit your ability to access the pretty princess endgame.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

ShadowMoo posted:

100% extra crafting and gathering xp at rank 10, 150% extra gold from combat, Remote storage, no cooldown windstride. I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy. Unless these are just minor things in the game.

All minor. You might Windstride once every ten minutes, if that. (It's the equivalent of hearthing with a choice of teleport point.) Even the money isn't a huge deal, because you don't get a ton of money from grinding critters, at least in the early/mid-game. :v: Remote storage also isn't as big a deal as it might seem, because every major town has a bank dude. There aren't really "capital" cities.

The only obnoxious thing is that leveling alts is obnoxious under rank 9. That 30% EXP boost is a big deal. Also the Wardrobe access, yeah, because that's a fuckload of storage.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Yea, I am just reading the site while downloading, I've made the mistake of sticking my dick in asian MMOs that have a VIP system in the past and learned my lesson.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

ShadowMoo posted:

What? How?

ShadowMoo posted:

I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy.
:ms:

But in all seriousness, the only bonuses that are really useful are the premium queue (for now at least), the wardrobe storage, and... that's about it.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
I assume faction impacts your cross-realm grouping options. Is this correct?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

ShadowMoo posted:

100% extra crafting and gathering xp at rank 10, 150% extra gold from combat, Remote storage, no cooldown windstride, 100% bonus cash shop coins. I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy. Unless these are just minor things in the game.

Crafting and gathering XP is pretty minor. None of the crafts are particularly important except for a quest at 45. Extra gold from combat too, as mobs drop very little of it compared to what you can earn from selling poo poo in the marketplace. Windstride cooldown is pretty meaningless, it's just a fast travel mechanic and 180 seconds is low enough.

Remote storage is a convenience thing, probably one of the best advantages of premium (at high rank), but not game-breaking.

The hongmoon coin bonus is nice, but you need premium to convert them anyway, as it's part of the dragon express which is premium only. It's however not the main way of earning hongmoon coins, that's just convering gold into them.

The things that really stand out are the wardrobe (can't play pretty princess when outfits take up all your bank space), the daily limit on marketplace listings (the non-premium 10 is extremely limiting), dragon express/hongmoon coins and remote storage. And of course the queue priority (for now). None of these are really game-breaking.

The real shame is that you can't buy premium with hongmoon coins.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

jaffyjaffy posted:

Nope, doesn't have anything to do with your own server grouping, let alone cross. Just joining a guild and world PvP.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

ShadowMoo posted:

I didn't even realise there was a daily limit to the number of orders you can put up in a single day on the marketplace.

The 100% extra crafting/gathering exp is useful for some professions when there isn't a real need to progress them, just to get them out of the way faster. Like say, Prospectors and Forgekeepers with their huge list of useless jobs when it's most economical to keep producing 2 Repair Tools and gather the material for it (both are tier 1 jobs). The Master/Artisan weapon glamours that you can make through the Forgekeepers aren't searchable on the market (though you can sell them), so most of the time people don't even know they're on sale.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The only things that matter regarding server choice are world PvP, which is just a fun distraction, and the marketplace, which for some stupid reason is server-specific. I personally would hate to be in a server with a dead economy, but I understand some might not give a poo poo about that.

Oh and the guild thing, of course. But with discord/mumble/whatever, you can play in any server and group up with goons as you desire.

Edit: I misread the post above but hopefully this helps someone else.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 24, 2016

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Would be nice if they said what's causing all these issues. I'd like to play tonight but if its gonna be a continual thing Ill just go do something else :smith:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Karistar posted:

The 100% extra crafting/gathering exp is useful for some professions when there isn't a real need to progress them, just to get them out of the way faster. Like say, Prospectors and Forgekeepers with their huge list of useless jobs when it's most economical to keep producing 2 Repair Tools and gather the material for it (both are tier 1 jobs). The Master/Artisan weapon glamours that you can make through the Forgekeepers aren't searchable on the market (though you can sell them), so most of the time people don't even know they're on sale.

You stop getting exp from level 1 recipes eventually.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
RIP dead sparkling, oiled up ninja baby game

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Liberatore posted:

The only things that matter regarding server choice are world PvP, which is just a fun distraction, and the marketplace, which for some stupid reason is server-specific. I personally would hate to be in a server with a dead economy, but I understand some might not give a poo poo about that.

Oh and the guild thing, of course. But with discord/mumble/whatever, you can play in any server and group up with goons as you desire.

Edit: I misread the post above but hopefully this helps someone else.

This is incorrect, the marketplace is region-wide.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

cathead posted:

This is incorrect, the marketplace is region-wide.

I guess it really doesn't matter then!

I must have had some fever dream where I came to the conclusion that not being able to mail poo poo to characters in other servers (why?!) meant the marketplaces were server-specific.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Buhbuhj posted:

Would be nice if they said what's causing all these issues. I'd like to play tonight but if its gonna be a continual thing Ill just go do something else :smith:

They've made some noises about it being due to ISP overload. I don't think it's any surprise that this began with the weekend, and a weekend with a lot of folks trapped at home, to boot.

jaffyjaffy posted:

Negative, this is A Faction Split Done Right. The split is just a PVP thing, everyone does the same content and groups together for it. The story even makes a point of showing that when it comes to the PvE plotline, the two sides work together because it's some classic wuxia world-ending poo poo that shouldn't be undermined by a political fight. You flag yourself for world PVP by putting on your faction uniform, and clans are flavored as subgroups within the faction, which is why everyone needs to be same-fac to be in the same clan. That's it. The split affects nothing else.

(There's also a few cute side-"factions" you can wear the uniform of for a kind of flagging purpose, like the outfit of the guards of the starting region vs. the outfit of the bad guy pirates from the same area.)

Also god drat the servers are up, down, left right and sideways tonight

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Is the launcher supposed to do the 24gb file verification and then install an 85kb repair file every time, or is my install just fucky?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Brain In A Jar posted:

Is the launcher supposed to do the 24gb file verification and then install an 85kb repair file every time, or is my install just fucky?

Not just yours. Does it to mine every time as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I always found it a bit odd that a guy in the middle of the bamboo guard-protected village will trade you something for tokens you get from killing bamboo guard.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

chumbler posted:

I always found it a bit odd that a guy in the middle of the bamboo guard-protected village will trade you something for tokens you get from killing bamboo guard.

Unfortunately though that's where 'PVE-PVP' ends. There isn't a NPC doing a similar service for Stratus-Tyrian and Talus-Skyhaven warfare in their respective zones, so other than constantly killing NPCs constantly to provoke some kind of response (if people aren't just channel switching), there isn't really a reason to be running around in those outfits other than wanting to look like it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Karistar posted:

Unfortunately though that's where 'PVE-PVP' ends. There isn't a NPC doing a similar service for Stratus-Tyrian and Talus-Skyhaven warfare in their respective zones, so other than constantly killing NPCs constantly to provoke some kind of response (if people aren't just channel switching), there isn't really a reason to be running around in those outfits other than wanting to look like it.

You would think they would add something like this though. Seems like a good idea.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Am I reading the wardrobe correctly in that there are some shop items you can actually get as drops? Is there any rhyme or reason to this or do they just put w/e on the story when they feel like it?

Also, I wish half of the outfits weren't black with gold trim. :saddowns:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

Wait, you can't even get that outfit without players to kill? Or can you still get the tokens from NPCs? The other version of it is just killing Gwon a lot.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Am I reading the wardrobe correctly in that there are some shop items you can actually get as drops? Is there any rhyme or reason to this or do they just put w/e on the story when they feel like it?

Also, I wish half of the outfits weren't black with gold trim. :saddowns:

Some of them can be gotten through various means or seasonal events and the like. The ones with the designer tags in particular are 100% shop exclusive, though, IIRC.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
What lv can you join a guild, I am looking for a invite to the mushin guild. My name is Lelithia.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

How do I get more keys? I have a ton of Stalker weapon boxes, 15 hongmoon keys... But 0 regular keys or blue keys? Do I wanna use hongmoon on this?

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

How do I get more keys? I have a ton of Stalker weapon boxes, 15 hongmoon keys... But 0 regular keys or blue keys? Do I wanna use hongmoon on this?

No, you don't.

Keys come primarily from quest rewards, particularly dailies. For the Stalker weapon just buy yours off of the market - later on you can't do that and thats when you'll want the keys.

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.
Anyone still looking for a home, GoonWangFu on Jiwan still has plenty of open space, we're currently sitting at 18/50, I could sure use more people to talk to while I farm fancy hats and other stupid poo poo.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

No One You Admire posted:

Anyone still looking for a home, GoonWangFu on Jiwan still has plenty of open space, we're currently sitting at 18/50, I could sure use more people to talk to while I farm fancy hats and other stupid poo poo.

How is anyone even logging in? I've wanted to take a look at this dumb anime game all day and have yet to be able to log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpaceDrake posted:

Some of them can be gotten through various means or seasonal events and the like. The ones with the designer tags in particular are 100% shop exclusive, though, IIRC.

I see. Thanks!

I know I'm rapid-firing these dumb questions today but the game's fresh enough that google isn't much help. I suppose this will be the last one for today;
at what point (if ever) do enemies start taking more than 1-2 seconds to kill?

It's kinda dizzying playing a Summoner, because I have a million skills and no matter what I click on the enemy dies before I can blink. Mind you I'm still very low level. Maybe it slows down when it becomes harder to upgrade the Hongmoon weapon?

• Locked thread