Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I mean, how can they even refer to it as a persistent universe alpha when there is absolutely nothing persistent about it? The game runs like dogshit as it is with everyone running around as the exact same avatar with all the same ships and absolutely nothing unique being loaded from (or saved to) the server for anything.

They are practicing calling it persistent in the hope that it will become persistent like some kind of self-aware use net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tokamak posted:

I learnt today that the noodle vending machine which people transport from station to station is client side. Each person has their own copy of it and does not see anyone else's.

How and why is that even a thing?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Games often make incidental physics objects client side only to save networking resources.

It's usually leaves and poo poo though, not 8 foot loving vending machines.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It worked for Freelancer. Chris sees no reason why it shouldn't work for an µMO.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Tippis posted:

Will the colour blue really help? Not a rubber mallet to the head followed by some injections and a straightjacket?

Done. Checked in and pushed to master. REAL iteration.

https://github.com/hireMeCIG/sperg_calculator/blob/master/Rakefile

Freaking openest development ever.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Rough Privateer Centurion viewport "for balance"

Cool. So that means they could actually have had a semi-decent view but were stupid idiots about it instead.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The game is so un-fun that people try to make their own 'fun'. Unfortunately for citizens, the game is un-fun by design. The game prescribes such a limited amount of player-to-player interaction that if you deviate from it even slightly, the game either breaks or crashes, you die and/or blow up, or is the result from desynchronised clients or is not accounted for in the net code. You can only fly ships or shoot guns in this one specific way, otherwise poo poo is going to break.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It just gets crazier and crazier as more time goes on and you realize how little sense everything makes with regards to this entire project.

Clearly they never had a roadmap or a plan for this trainwreck.

I really don't get how anyone has confidence in a project when your lead community manager says poo poo like "Unless its specifically from this one guy, who has complete control over his project and will accept no compromise to his vision, all statements are purely opinion at the time of writing."

How broken must one be to read that, multiple times even, and go "That sounds like it would never backfire on anyone, here's $500!"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

All I could think of with that noodle vending machine comment was when I panicked in Deus Ex: HR and grabbed a vending machine and murdered a bunch of machine gun dudes by throwing it across the room at them.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How broken must one be to read that, multiple times even, and go "That sounds like it would never backfire on anyone, here's $500!"

This broken →

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

trucutru posted:

Cool. So that means they could actually have had a semi-decent view but were stupid idiots about it instead.

Worse, they were programmers about it. You don't get the Centurion until after a lot of work dodging Retros while hauling contraband goods to be able to afford it, and that's before niceties like a decent ECM package and a BS Omni that can lock onto enemies and you can start playing the missions. Rather takes the romance out of the game to merely aspire to see what the hell you're dogfighting in order to hit it (don't get me started on the hitboxes of this crap).

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

1500 posted:

It actually only took him 2 years.

Quoting several hundred posts late because what the actual gently caress :psyduck:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Why does my EVE corp keep on laughing at me whenever I bring up Star Citizen?

BMM: forever delayed

Not quite sure why they have a decade long probation

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Saint Drogo posted:

Quoting several hundred posts late because what the actual gently caress :psyduck:

see this is the correct response. i don't care how mean he was / is to spaceship people. the number 1 thing that jumps out at me is that he is one of the fattest people i've ever seen not on some sort of disability pension. not mentioning that he is severely fat and instead talking about how enables the mentally unwell... what price life? it's like seeing a guy with a knife buried to the hilt in his organs and discussing the weather. 'oh what? your knife? never noticed it. it goes great with plaid.' ben is so fat it's the single most remarkable feature about him until he starts killing the mentally unwell backers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

it's like seeing a guy with a knife buried to the hilt in his organs and discussing the weather. 'oh what? your knife? never noticed it. it goes great with plaid.' ben is so fat it's the single most remarkable feature about him until he starts killing the mentally unwell backers.

The bible talks about fat dudes and knives. Judges 3:22.

""The dagger went so deep that the handle disappeared beneath the king's fat. So Ehud did not pull out the dagger, and the king's bowels emptied.""

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 24, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
amen

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

wait was he disembowelled or shat himself?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Saint Drogo posted:

wait was he disembowelled or shat himself?

So fat the knife disappeared inside his fat self and he pooped his pants.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42bo7r/anyone_noticed_the_improved_freelancer_view_with/cz964so

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

spacetoaster posted:

So fat the knife disappeared inside his fat self and he pooped his pants.

Generally happens when they die :v:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I spent $250 on a ship and all I got was this broken tech demo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42e7qs/i_think_the_warden_is_a_great_example_of_people/

I like how this guy shreds anyone who tries to explain that he "doesnt get it" with CIG's marketing.

its almost as if they just said anything to get you to buy it, but had no actual system in place to implement it that way.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Back in Catholic school I interpreted it as poop came out of the wound :stonk:

Catholic school wasn't a happy time just fyi

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

LowellDND posted:

Generally happens when they die :v:

Not us though, right? :hfive:

The Meat Dimension posted:

Back in Catholic school I interpreted it as poop came out of the wound :stonk:

Two tours in Iraq. That totally happens too. :aaa:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314935/when-is-the-real-launch-date

commander schlong raising some solid points.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love how any negative posters are attacked by the faithful

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
an update from Detcelfer. Someone with an account should link him to this thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/313936/it-took-cig-over-a-month/p4

oh, so this is how customer service is treating him before he's asked for a refund :eek:

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hey Reddit,

Buyer's remorse is a thing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Since My original attempt was pure :effort:, here's an official version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2h3uDDM_bY

Well, Sandi's a bitch,
she's a publess bitch,
she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world,
she's a stupid bitch,
if there ever was a bitch,
she's a bitch to all the boys and girls.

Acting she's a bitch,
Marketing she's a bitch,
HR to Teaching, she's a bitch,
then Marine Biology, just to be different,
she's a super, king, kameha-meha biatch!

Have you ever met Sandi Gardiner,
she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world,
she's a mean old bitch,
and she's Skeletor, she's a bitch,
bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch,
bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch,
she's a stupid bitch,
Sandi's a bitch and she's
such a dirty bitch!

Sandi, is a bitch-cha!

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 24, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously though I shouldn't have to watch this thread closely to make sure you idiots aren't cyberstalking some woman and being total creeps. I'm just going to hand out harsher punishments from here.

Smitty is totally fine with this moderation.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

So I take it that they think you can still get refunds? That the images of cig explaining a substantial portion of the game has been released and denying refunds are fake?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

phosdex posted:

So I take it that they think you can still get refunds? That the images of cig explaining a substantial portion of the game has been released and denying refunds are fake?

Far more likely they made their requests 2 months ago and are only now hearing back from customer support. :lol:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

phosdex posted:

alot of whales are actually totally supportive of CIG denying refunds and usually respond to people by saying "you aren't entitled to anything" and that CIG has already made plans with the money and they can't be expected to give it back now.

Of course when this all goes tits-up these same people will make some really compelling online petitions demanding their money back.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I seriously hope that there is an ftc agent slowly investigating this and it culminates in a case. But I don't think they ever even sanctioned 38 studios.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Looking at Ben being pumped about Wing Commander must feel exactly like meeting a kid who was really in to Go-Bots

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

an update from Detcelfer. Someone with an account should link him to this thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/313936/it-took-cig-over-a-month/p4

oh, so this is how customer service is treating him before he's asked for a refund :eek:

That Toast guy seems to be a real piece of poo poo moderator.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Rudager posted:

That Toast guy seems to be a real piece of poo poo moderator.
They're pretty much all poo poo now. Nicole seems to be the only decent one.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Toops posted:

Ok here's a serious question. How the are they making even 75k a day? Let's do some math.

money laundering like what goes on with bitcoin

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

i am sure that if he requests a refund his problem will be attended to most promptly

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Here is my cat. He is a Grade A+ Rudeboy Shitlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I don't think I've contributed catte pics here yet. I did start an orange cat appreciation thread in PI, though.

Here is Oscar doing what he does best.

• Locked thread