Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Narrator posted:

Put a black southern cross in the sun.

Yeah, that'd be a good spot. I'd ...vote(?) for that flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
may the holy spirit spirate into the hearts of all youse skanks

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

The Narrator posted:

Put a black southern cross in the sun.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
0/10 would not salute

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

ScreamingLlama posted:

0/10 would not salute

Go home then, we don't want you in this country traitor.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Nailed it. If I had editing skills, I'd put them over the flags behind an Abbott press event

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Knorth posted:

Nailed it. If I had editing skills, I'd put them over the flags behind an Abbott press event

/me imagines this scenario and cracks up laughing

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

I asked a pretty simple question to get a rise. you just behave like a oval office. Theres a difference.

Your question was pretty transparently bullshit, laden with innuendo about how Stan Grant is only partially indigenous, and therefore is just cashing in on this situation.

Then you follow it up with some noice gender based slurs, that you know are frowned on in here.

I hate that you made me think amethyst is the reasonable one in this situation.

Fix your poo poo up.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

Your question was pretty transparently bullshit, laden with innuendo about how Stan Grant is only partially indigenous, and therefore is just cashing in on this situation.

Then you follow it up with some noice gender based slurs, that you know are frowned on in here.

Fix your poo poo up.

Thank you.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I would be interested in this Stan Grant video, anyone got a link?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Ket posted:

I would be interested in this Stan Grant video, anyone got a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOssW1rw0I

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

Fix your poo poo up.

If this is how people in this thread engage with other people when discussing politics it is no wonder that people wont listen to them.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Birb Katter posted:

Go home then, we don't want you in this country traitor.

I will only salute the TRUE AND HONEST Australian flag:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Laserface posted:

If this is how people in this thread engage with other people when discussing politics it is no wonder that people wont listen to them.

Man, normally you're fine, but after listening to Stan Grant talk about actual genocide, in detail, for 10 minutes, it just isn't loving funny to hear flippant poo poo about racial fractions. It's just tiring.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

No, its how I engage with people who ask pathetic poo poo questions.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
I watched that Stan Grant video. Passionate but pretty much by the numbers.

Anecdotes of terrible injustice - tick.

Zero to offer in the way of consensus reform - tick.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Laserface posted:

When did discussing politics include being objectively racist? This is a sincere question before you flip out, as every other post of mine can affirm. You aren't being jusged on a question of politics, you're espousing inverted one drop theory - rather than a drop of Indigenous blood making him indigenous you are accusing him of being an Uncle Tom Aborigine. How is this different from Andrew Bolt's conviction? Different from people telling Adam Goodes he should act white for succeeding and not making a scene? Where is your valid political argument here not found in arguments of blood supremacy and arrogance?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Graic Gabtar posted:

How about kill all white people. There we go I've got consensus reform right there.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Laserface.. More like Majorrace(ist). Am I right?

Of course I'm right, go gently caress yourself LF.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Tony Abbott is standing for reelection so he can ask Mike Baird for more bus services to Warringah.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tony Abbott is standing for reelection because he has nothing else he can do

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tony Abbott is standing for reelection so he can ask Mike Baird for more bus services to Warringah.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jan/24/tony-abbott-confirms-he-will-stay-in-parliament-and-recontest-warringah-seat

He's aged like a fucker in the last few months, too. Looks good on him in lieu of actual death.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tony Abbott is standing for reelection because he has a big mortgage..

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Amethyst sometimes is okay

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

SadisTech posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jan/24/tony-abbott-confirms-he-will-stay-in-parliament-and-recontest-warringah-seat

He's aged like a fucker in the last few months, too. Looks good on him in lieu of actual death.

Still has the cold dead eyes of a serial killer. Will win in a landslide.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

SadisTech posted:

Looks more fake than ever. Thats the smile of a lizard who knows he is supposed to, but it doesn't come naturally.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The former Infrastructure PM posted:

After leaving the prime ministership, I said that I would spend some time talking to family, trusted colleagues and local Liberals about my future. I have been heartened by the support and encouragement I’ve received to continue to serve the country as a member of parliament.

Therefore, I am renominating to represent the people of Warringah for another term as their Liberal MP.

I am proud of my work to establish the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust that has done so much to improve the amenity of former military land on North Head, Middle Head and Georges Heights. Should I be renominated and elected, I am looking forward to working with Premier Mike Baird to ensure that the Warringah Peninsula gets better transport links to the rest of Sydney.

It has been a great honour to serve the people of Warringah for 22 years and I hope to retain their trust and confidence.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birb Katter posted:

How about kill all white people. There we go I've got consensus reform right there.

And at a stroke Birb Katter ushered in yet another generation of disadvantage for the indigenous people of Australia.

We can now put this discussion at rest until around 2046.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

A great quote I heard once was "If there is an elephant in the room, introduce it"

To get consensus there first needs to be an acknowledgment from everyone that the problem exists. This is ignoring the question of "Why should there be consensus on stopping injustice?"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have killed heacomtobs of women vote 1 me

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

KennyTheFish posted:

A great quote I heard once was "If there is an elephant in the room, introduce it"

To get consensus there first needs to be an acknowledgment from everyone that the problem exists. This is ignoring the question of "Why should there be consensus on stopping injustice?"

That's a good point to make. And I'll agree without qualification acknowledges the problem exists. However, it's also get out the popcorn time when anyone dares to put forward any proposal to address the underlying injustice. Interest groups seem more effective in tearing each other apart and anyone else who may get their hand in the way.

Forgive me (and probably others) for just deciding to tuning out of the whole issue is easier than than the risk of being painted as a racist.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From Facebook:

Thanks a lot, George Brandis.

KennyTheFish posted:

*silently points to the above image*

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

ScreamingLlama posted:

From Facebook:

Fake. That tie is too thin to have discovered social media.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Redcordial posted:

Laserface.. More like Majorrace(ist). Am I right?

Of course I'm right, go gently caress yourself LF.

You're wrong actually. Sorry to bum you out.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
But have we tried putting 'Kill all the whites' into the computer to see what it says?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

Forgive me (and probably others) for just deciding to tuning out of the whole issue is easier than than the risk of being painted as a racist.

Congratulations! You've won Invasion Day 2016! Here is your prize:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

ewe2 posted:

Congratulations! You've won Invasion Day 2016! Here is your prize:

the prize is a pair of the flags from above in those car window clip holders

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/women-and-weed-the-gender-differences-in-cannabis-use-and-abuse-20160117-gm7xbh.html

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Cartoon posted:

But have we tried putting 'Kill all the whites' into the computer to see what it says?

What is with you white people and genocide all the time? It's all you ever want to do. Genocide this. Genocide that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Digiwizzard posted:

What is with you white people and genocide all the time? It's all you ever want to do. Genocide this. Genocide that.

Oh, of course Undertale is a critique of colonialism! It makes so much sense now.

• Locked thread