Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'd never in a million years buy anything like it but that's a serious amount of craftsmanship in that car. It's just ugly as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Went to the store this morning, saw a thing that happened :killdozer:

That reminds me of something that happened while I was in high school.
Late one night, some kid in daddy's C4 Corvette missed a turn on the country road near our house, and shot off through the barbed-wire fence and into the field. He came to our house (closest) because he couldn't back it out - it just spun the tires and wouldn't budge.
Dad took a look under the hood - and then we remembered the pipeline vent that stuck up from the gound there, which was now thrusting up between the engine and front frame rail. to make matters worse, the vent pipe ended in a short length of pipe coming back down at about a 45-degree angle (to keep water out), forming a barb.
They must of had to lift that Vette up at least 3 feet to get it off the pipe. Didn't get to see that, though.

Extra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBU0tV_UcUw

and japan continues to be a terrible place

Car-Part-tan aside:
"Prius: Fun To Drive, Again."
Wouldn't it have to have been fun to drive before, first?

th vwls hv scpd posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/uzDq9

Highlights include:

While I am absolutely impressed with the craftsmanship that went into making that, it looks terrible. I also can't imagine trying to keep that thing clean.

Ditto. Actually hand-tooled (well, Dremel-tooled), like leather. Wow. Looked better in silver/chrome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Look's like my mom's glass fruit bowl.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

It's terrible because neither of those people are me, but that's my car.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
We had our first new prius show up at work. its just as hideous in person and the lights are terrible. big enough to crack on any hit anywhere all the time.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SaNChEzZ posted:

It's terrible because neither of those people are me, but that's my car.

Dude your parking garage is awful.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Posts on posts on posts. On posts.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

On the plus side it looks like he doesn't have to worry about parking in it for a few days at least!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Isn't that how most subterranean garages are supported?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
A prime example of this threads motto "never lift"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vId0jy_048U

Also a prime example of me being a person you share the road with.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reminds me of trying to do laps in a Cobra in Forza. You don't drive that car, you hope the steering wheel can change the direction of your slide before you hit something.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

th vwls hv scpd posted:

Highlights include:

While I am absolutely impressed with the craftsmanship that went into making that, it looks terrible. I also can't imagine trying to keep that thing clean.

Holy poo poo.

I unironically love this. This kind of craftsmanship is amazingly beautiful.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

sofullofhate posted:

Holy poo poo.

Some complex looking plumbing on that thing

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Does this count?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/41r2uc/2004_bmw_z4_hit_the_brakes_kind_of_hard_heard_a/

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SaNChEzZ posted:

Isn't that how most subterranean garages are supported?

I was gonna say, it looks pretty similar to every bottom floor of a parking garage I've seen. Maybe not maintained perfectly, but I've seen worse.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
People fishing for advice online, then down-voting legitimate, speculative answers based on what they've presented? Agreed, pretty terrible.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

sofullofhate posted:

Holy poo poo.

Agreed, that is in the wrong thread. I want to hear what that crazy exhaust sounds like.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

th vwls hv scpd posted:

Highlights include:

quote:

ThatDameronPoe 1,467 points : 11 replies : a day ago reply
Dubai? Dubai.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

fyodor posted:

quote:

ThatDameronPoe 1,467 points : 11 replies : a day ago reply
Dubai? Dubai.

Actually, Japan, and more photos.

http://gtspirit.com/2016/01/19/kuhl-racing-reveals-gold-plated-nissan-gt-r-tokyo-auto-salon-2016/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

NoWake posted:

People fishing for advice online, then down-voting legitimate, speculative answers based on what they've presented? Agreed, pretty terrible.

Well to be fair a lot of that advice was terrible. Brake pad anti-rattle clip?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Are the wheel arches for larger wheels or something? The proportion seems wrong.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
fenders have been modified, yes

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Soarer posted:

Some complex looking plumbing on that thing

Finally someone manages to make a tidy laguna exhaust.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Found a pearler today.

http://miketomich.com/

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
No mention on the page of how failing to acknowledge the 4-sided simultaneous day causes cancer, 5/10.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:eyepop:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think somebody needs to look into that last guy on the research team.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Powershift posted:

Imagining getting Swarovski crystals to the loving face in the event of an airbag deployment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Imagining getting Swarovski crystals to the loving face in the event of an airbag deployment.

Some people pay good money for that.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Powershift posted:

...but why a Hyundai?

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!
You have to pay for rhinestones with money from somewhere, and if they had used a more expensive car, there wouldn't have been enough left over.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

...but why a Hyundai?

Because hyundai exists at an intersection between bad with money and has no money.

Only $199 bi-weekly for 96 months? it's practically free!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Powershift posted:

Because hyundai exists at an intersection between bad with money and has no money.

Only $199 bi-weekly for 96 months? it's practically free!

I think my favorite example of said intersection can be summed up in two words: leased rims.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

fyodor posted:

I think my favorite example of said intersection can be summed up in two words: leased rims.

I'm not sure whether that or rental tires is worse.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fyodor posted:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Safety Dance posted:

I'm not sure whether that or rental tires is worse.

This actually exists? There really are no bounds for separating idiots from their money.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Bajaha posted:

This actually exists? There really are no bounds for separating idiots from their money.

It's a mix between idiots and poor people. Some people don't have the cash to pay entirely up front.

http://jalopnik.com/broke-rear end-americans-are-getting-screwed-on-rental-tires-512270536

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
do these people not realize you can buy reasonably good tires at junkyards and on craigslist used?

I think my favorite was the rental low profile mud tires site I saw a while ago. gotta keep that bro truck lookin' badass.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

do these people not realize you can buy reasonably good tires at junkyards and on craigslist used?

I think my favorite was the rental low profile mud tires site I saw a while ago. gotta keep that bro truck lookin' badass.

You need people making the poor initial decision for those cheap options to exist though. Buying new tires when you haven't changed your oil since 2006 puts those good cheap tires in the junkyard or on craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

drukqs fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 25, 2016