Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No English preorder up for #FE anywhere, is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bogart posted:

Nah, NoA hasn't started marketing (uploading YT videos) it yet, and probably won't start until a month before whatever the release date is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't expect that game to be out internationally for at least half a year

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Bogart posted:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-fire-emblem-nintendo-wii-u/8713099.p?id=1218887711785&skuId=8713099

However, there is not even a placeholder date. I would expect something Q3-Q4, but who knows, NOA may surprise us.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If there's not a release date already you're not getting it by summer. Fall is possibly the earliest we'll get it, it will probably be near Christmas time though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

JOKER is probably slightly cooler than Kandori but yeah Kandori's themes are really good and it's a huge shame that they didn't get remixed for the PSP remake

What makes JOKER great is the he's actually super lame. Look at that paper bag, that's amazing!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I have Extra One equipped on my MC in Devil Survivor Overclocked, but I'm not getting an Extra Turn ever. :confused: Does it only work on (non-Dragon/Vile) demons?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

I have Extra One equipped on my MC in Devil Survivor Overclocked, but I'm not getting an Extra Turn ever. :confused: Does it only work on (non-Dragon/Vile) demons?

Dragons/Viles specifically only get one turn, yeah. That applies to the whole party. You can't cheat it with skills or other abilities.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Strange Quark posted:

Dragons/Viles specifically only get one turn, yeah. That applies to the whole party. You can't cheat it with skills or other abilities.
No but even if I don't have a dragon or Vile in my party, my MC is not getting an Extra Turn with it equipped.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Apologies if someone already pointed it out in the thread a long time ago but....
It looks to me like Persona 5 will have another dungeon which is an otherworldly version of the school, like Tartarus from Persona 3. I was looking at it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_0Ql49z_0c which also has a bit of gameplay footage that I had never seen before.
Around 0:44, one of the windows of the castle resembles the double chevron design on the school uniforms. And in the next shot the word school can be seen on the left side of the door.

If the dates in the other footage are any indication, it looks like it will be the first dungeon of the game, assuming a linear progression of about 1 dungeon a month like P3 and 4 had.
I guess it isn't surprising since Persona 4 was the only game in the main Persona series without a school based dungeon.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage 9/19

Does that mean this game still won't be out by then?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Persona 5 isn't even on the Coming Soon section of PSN even though it's a Playstation exclusive and games have been there when they are over a year from being released like Uncharted 4, it's not coming any time soon, probably December.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They could be doing plot rewrites of P5 right now!!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gotta have all the spinoffs lined up from the start this time.

They're not making a game, they're making a jumping off point.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
An announced release date a year out is still an announced release date, which P5 doesn't have; I wouldn't read anything into it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Butt Ghost posted:

Tokyo Game Show 2015, the footage used was from months ago.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Butt Ghost posted:

Maybe by September 2017 or later.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Persona 4: The Third featuring selectable female MC cause Persona 3 got 3 versions, why not

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Tae posted:

Persona 4: The Third featuring selectable female MC cause Persona 3 got 3 versions, why not

Day 1 buy if I can finally romance Teddie.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tae posted:

Can I still date Naoto

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

you'd all loving buy it

I'd loving buy it

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Arbite posted:

Gotta have all the spinoffs lined up from the start this time.

They're not making a game, they're making a jumping off point.

Honestly it'd probably be better to have those planned out so they can actually do something interesting with them instead of just having the characters spin in their wheels like P4's did.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tae posted:

finally, the saints row/persona crossover we'd all been waiting for

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

you'd all loving buy it

I'd loving buy it

if it was for PC or PS4 yeah maybe.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ruggington posted:

you'd all loving buy it

I'd loving buy it

drat right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest problem I had with P3P was the lack of cutscenes.

Actually, I would buy a P3P that had cutscenes with the gameplay mechanic improvements of Golden, why not.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

if it was for PC or PS4 yeah maybe.
I would buy it if it were on the Virtual Boy.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Bonus points if they'd give us the Elizabeth/Theodore choice but with Marie instead of Margaret.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
For fans of Persona I fully recommend Akiba's Trip, it's in the PS4 library.

The setting is an anime-as-gently caress real japanese world with fantasy elements, with you using real-time though stat-based combat to win brawler fights before using the combat system to expose vampire-like monsters to sunlight in order to kill them. There's a mechanic where you use your phones camera to identify hidden enemies (they appear with glitches around them) just to initiate random battles.

It even has multiple endings based on your choices and the variable relationships you build up with your team mates.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It's me, I'm the dick who purchased that game because it shared minute traits with Persona 5.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hmmm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Akiba's Trip is a bad game (it's a beat 'em up where the combat is not good at all) but the translation is really good, so it's probably worth checking out if it goes on sale for $5 or less.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Let's break into Atlus and get a sneak preview on some never-before-seen Persona 5 footage!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Akiba's Trip is a bad game (it's a beat 'em up where the combat is not good at all) but the translation is really good, so it's probably worth checking out if it goes on sale for $5 or less.
For a second opinion, I have not played Akiba's Trip, but I have seen a lot of the writing, and it made me cringe, so ymmv I suppose.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would not buy another Persona 4 port

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

I would not buy another Persona 4 port

I think you're lying.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you start persona 5

it plays all of the trailers then turns into persona 4 hd for the rest of the game

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That school looked eerily similar...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Put Golden on PC, drat you Atlus

Sega, please force them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Also Sega, please put, all of the games you've yet to put on Steam on Steam.

All of them.