Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You guys need to realize that the only thing dumber than arguing on the internet is arguing on the internet about arguing on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hesiod posted:

citation needed.

Here's another fact:

I let you off easy with the forex poo poo and took no end of heat because of it but you were an entitled baby who couldn't get it.

You're not allowed to run for CSM anymore because it turned out the leaders you're defending now got buyer's remorse and you're at best Aryth-lite. That's what I was told.

Feel free to "call me out on my poo poo". Nobody's stopped you so far but also so far all I see is half assed giant baby insinuations.

weaselior was uninvolved with forex there bucko

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

The awful thing about reddit is: unpopular opinions disappear because of the downvote mechanism so it can be tough to call people on bullshit if they're being propped up by a hate mob.

For example examine this exchange with Xenuria

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/42co46/im_darius_johnson_former_ceo_of_goonswarm_csm_1/cz9dhe5

Normally reddit is quite accepting of Xenuria in a trolling fashion yet here he is being massively downvoted for asking to see a shred of evidence after being accused of some pretty have duty poo poo.

Having no idea who Xenuria is (I was in goonswarm for like a month) wouldn't other people be able to be able to post logs or substantiate what DJ has said?

Furthermore, I agree -- why not just dump all the logs and proof you have of everything and let people chew on that awhile?

I actually have no idea who most of the people DJ posts about are, but if its his general feeling that the thing that exists today is different from the thing that existed before, and he doesn't like that, I guess that's his opinion and that's okay right? He says this all got started over something Sion posted (I have no idea who that is either), but I agree with anyone who say she should dump any logs that support his case.

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Berious posted:

He's not wrong but he was a bad ceo. Had a gimmick hateboner for euros but the gimmick somehow became real and euro tz got poo poo all to do and withered. Chased out corps that had stuck with us through incredibly bad times for no good reason. Gave ceo to kartoon. Didn't fire deadtear.

Darius has this huge rear end in a top hat persona but sometimes i think he forgot it was a persona. Goons have it better until mittani by far even if it's corporate and boring.

The Bob play was stuff of eve legends but the rest of his ceoship stank.

It was a joke you were too stupid to get because you believed the same troll I put in the New York Times.

I wish I'd noticed that and explained it but I didn't because I couldn't honestly believe you were that stupid. I was wrong and it was a major miscalculation as you've pointed out.

I forbade giving the CEOship to Karttoon. It was given to Zapa. Anything else you want to get wrong while claiming the moral high ground?

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Glory of Arioch posted:

weaselior was uninvolved with forex there bucko

You are wrong. It's cute that you think you might know more about it than the guy who did the investigation and had actual access to things though.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Berious posted:

He's not wrong but he was a bad ceo. Had a gimmick hateboner for euros but the gimmick somehow became real and euro tz got poo poo all to do and withered. Chased out corps that had stuck with us through incredibly bad times for no good reason. Gave ceo to kartoon. Didn't fire deadtear.

Are you done merging darius and zapawork now you insane retard

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hesiod posted:

You are wrong. It's cute that you think you might know more about it than the guy who did the investigation and had actual access to things though.

no, i was one of the faction five, so yeah, i have an intimate knowledge of what happened

participants in forex:
me (querns)
aryth
mynnna
dramaticus
bloody

weaselior specifically did not participate because he was afraid of being banned

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

Having no idea who Xenuria is (I was in goonswarm for like a month) wouldn't other people be able to be able to post logs or substantiate what DJ has said?

Furthermore, I agree -- why not just dump all the logs and proof you have of everything and let people chew on that awhile?

This is all anybody is asking for. Some kind of proof of horrible wrong-doing.

Otherwise all any of this amounts to is: theres too many pubbies in GS these days and the true goon purity is lost and I dont like it, upvotes to the left.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

It was a joke you were too stupid to get because you believed the same troll I put in the New York Times.

I wish I'd noticed that and explained it but I didn't because I couldn't honestly believe you were that stupid. I was wrong and it was a major miscalculation as you've pointed out.

I forbade giving the CEOship to Karttoon. It was given to Zapa. Anything else you want to get wrong while claiming the moral high ground?

I assume you're Darius, and I was never in goons while you were in charge and really wasn't after either, but why not just post all the logs you have of the bad stuff you've said people have done and put an end to the arguments?

Like I believe you wouldn't show up after such a long time just to take the piss out of people and kick up sand, but as someone who wasn't there I am curious as to what actually happened and supporting evidence helps with that. :v:

Either way some people with delicate emotions are getting very upset and that is fine and good, but do they have a reason to be upset? :toot:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

hell i was the guy who wrote most of the "goons 4x4ing through the sandbox" post that we put out after we came clean to CCP

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm glad my friend darius johnson is here posting :)

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

I actually have no idea who most of the people DJ posts about are, but if its his general feeling that the thing that exists today is different from the thing that existed before, and he doesn't like that, I guess that's his opinion and that's okay right? He says this all got started over something Sion posted (I have no idea who that is either), but I agree with anyone who say she should dump any logs that support his case.

The show us the evidence troll is ridiculous whether it's posted because you got caught cheating or because you don't like the fact that everything you believed about your poo poo was made up.

Xenuria has been given the opportunity to provide me with the evidence (I can't get it) and I openly stated I may have been incorrect EVEN in the original statement.

Having to point out that a cocksucker like that who you all rightfully poo poo all over because he's a loving poo poo of a person with a long history of unfunny lies and annoyances is pretty telling.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

CommonShore posted:

You guys need to realize that the only thing dumber than arguing on the internet is playing eve

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Glory of Arioch posted:

no, i was one of the faction five, so yeah, i have an intimate knowledge of what happened

participants in forex:
me (querns)
aryth
mynnna
dramaticus
bloody

weaselior specifically did not participate because he was afraid of being banned

I may have confused him with Mynna actually so you're right and I apologize for attacking the wrong guy who has consistently passive aggressively attacked me when he knew I couldn't defend myself.

He's still a shithead.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Darius if want to play EVE with Goons without the trouble of filling out pip forms and making quarterly progress reports I'll vouch you into ISRAD/PL no questions asked.

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

YouTuber posted:

Darius if want to play EVE with Goons without the trouble of filling out pip forms and making quarterly progress reports I'll vouch you into ISRAD/PL no questions asked.

Thanks man. Other little known fact, when sesfan kicked me out of goonswarm I went to PL for a few months before coming back and being made CEO. By Sesfan.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

The show us the evidence troll is ridiculous whether it's posted because you got caught cheating or because you don't like the fact that everything you believed about your poo poo was made up.

Xenuria has been given the opportunity to provide me with the evidence (I can't get it) and I openly stated I may have been incorrect EVEN in the original statement.

Having to point out that a cocksucker like that who you all rightfully poo poo all over because he's a loving poo poo of a person with a long history of unfunny lies and annoyances is pretty telling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I (and many people) have no frame of reference as to whether Sion, Xenuria, or anyone else is poo poo or not. Most goons are faintly aware that the current state of affairs is sort of poo poo judging by some of the sperg posting that goes on here and things like book kickstarters and taking shill money from Daybreak Games, but when you say someone is a terrible cocksucker, I have no idea if they are or not because I've interacted with them zero.

And also I don't think Xenuria is going to give you the evidence you need so he can fall on his own sword. I just feel like, objectively, your narrative makes sense but it rings hollow in places without substantive evidence.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kimsemus posted:

I just feel like, objectively, your narrative makes sense but it rings hollow in places without substantive evidence.

:agreed:

Cal
Jul 6, 2003

Hesiod posted:

He isn't wrong. As the guy that came up with it, ran the team, and did it the most, wrote the post and Querns edited it, I would know. Remember our long chats over months because your dumb rear end couldn't even unwind us? Eventually the real story is going to come out in some post EVE memoir and it is going to be delicious.

When you cannot even get basic facts right I don't know how you expect people to believe anything else you say.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Hesiod posted:

Wait, I wasn't around for this but you're litterally saying "calm down bro, its just a prank" as justification for being an rear end in a top hat to people that were in GS?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Jesus Christ, like half of the goons who play EVE I've never been in GSF, is running it so stressful that you all loving hate each other now?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hexyflexy posted:

Jesus Christ, like half of the goons who play EVE I've never been in GSF, is running it so stressful that you all loving hate each other now?

nah, we just operate under a strict policy of "talk poo poo get hit"

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is I (and many people) have no frame of reference as to whether Sion, Xenuria, or anyone else is poo poo or not. Most goons are faintly aware that the current state of affairs is sort of poo poo judging by some of the sperg posting that goes on here and things like book kickstarters and taking shill money from Daybreak Games, but when you say someone is a terrible cocksucker, I have no idea if they are or not because I've interacted with them zero.

And also I don't think Xenuria is going to give you the evidence you need so he can fall on his own sword. I just feel like, objectively, your narrative makes sense but it rings hollow in places without substantive evidence.

If you want to decide whether I'm telling the truth maybe you should take a look at the actual links I provided on Reddit which were written by people who aren't me that clearly show something wrong with the historical record. I'm loving tired in the philosophical sense and I don't really want to be here or anywhere else talking about this dumb space bullshit.

I get that you feel things would be better if I just out and said things but at the end of the day it's not really about you. I'm getting poo poo off my chest at the pace I choose and if I wanted to see how people felt about the release schedule I'd have asked them. Every once in a while maybe I get to do something because I want to.

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah, we just operate under a strict policy of "talk poo poo get hit"

still waiting for the hit and the poo poo

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

I like Darius a lot in spite of his recent badposting. But if we're relitigating history let's also pause to remember the moment when he banned the creator of EVEThing and Goonmetrics (Tazuki) because Tazuki had bought a freighter alt from someone else who was later banned for RMT. He proceeded to roundly mock people on the public boards who were mad about this, but then later rescinded the bans after admitting that their RMT ban process hadn't actually checked for legitimate character sales.

Good times were had by all.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hesiod posted:

If you want to decide whether I'm telling the truth maybe you should take a look at the actual links I provided on Reddit which were written by people who aren't me that clearly show something wrong with the historical record. I'm loving tired in the philosophical sense and I don't really want to be here or anywhere else talking about this dumb space bullshit.

I get that you feel things would be better if I just out and said things but at the end of the day it's not really about you. I'm getting poo poo off my chest at the pace I choose and if I wanted to see how people felt about the release schedule I'd have asked them. Every once in a while maybe I get to do something because I want to.

i don't think anyone is talking about your side of the BoB disbanding dude

like, i think you're probably right about that, but the sum of the damage you're insinuating is "the mittani didn't have as much to do with the disbanding as a comic book made him out to"

which, y'know, okay, sounds unironically legit, thanks for clearing it up

we're talking about the sion animename stuff primarily because that is where it sounds like you're just making poo poo up

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Can someone explain forex in eve to me, and why it might get you banned?

I'd ask on Reddit, but grr goons and all that.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oodles posted:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-fw-exploit-2012/

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=124145

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oodles posted:

It was a thing in which they manipulated the value of killmails to get obnoxious amounts of loyalty points from Faction Warfare.

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Cal posted:

He isn't wrong. As the guy that came up with it, ran the team, and did it the most, wrote the post and Querns edited it, I would know. Remember our long chats over months because your dumb rear end couldn't even unwind us? Eventually the real story is going to come out in some post EVE memoir and it is going to be delicious.

When you cannot even get basic facts right I don't know how you expect people to believe anything else you say.

go ahead and post the "whole story" champ

You were let off the hook and unwinding your dumb bullshit was hard because eve is terribly written but I could and should have just permabanned you. I'd have been right and you'd still be making the same posts in this thread.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hesiod posted:

I'm not questioning that mittens definitely took credit for some of the poo poo you did, which is what most of the links you made point to. I'm not even questioning what you've said about past goonswarm glories or your leadership or how you liked to do things because I believe you.

What I DO question is when someone makes a direct accusation against someone but then just expects people who are otherwise completely neutral to believe it. I don't loving know ANY of the people you've mentioned on reddit or here but if you say they're poo poo I'd like to at least know why. That's all I'm saying. Typically people here respond better to accusations with proof, is all I'm saying, and a lot of people like me were never privvy to the round table discussions and inner dealings of whatever the gently caress was going on.

Also you seem like a swell guy but if you were tired of talking about dumb space bullshit maybe you should have stayed in retirement instead of making a lot of big posts on other websites about dumb space bullshit. Also please lay off the martyr thing it's kind of silly. I know doing EVE space stuff is a thankless job but you volunteered didn't you?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hesiod posted:

I mean, you complained that Tamir doesn't get credit but he specifically got credit and is a major character in the dumb comic book that was really the only thing that badly mangled what happened (and that was largely because it was limited to some tiny amount of words, and then what was told was heavily modified to fit a comic book).

Nobody's been shorted of credit except maybe Graham, who I think gets forgotten because he quit cold turkey pretty shortly afterwards so he wasn't around to jog people's memory (and because doing the logistic stuff tends to get forgotten as it just doesn't make for the fun stories to tell people when you're not trying to write like an ~official history~). I know what he did though because he was specifically credited in the Wired article (I think) that was written afterwards, something like doing so many towers he told someone that all the bowls were in reinforced in the dishwasher. Xttz is still around and never gets shorted credit though he never speaks up for himself because he's continued to do crazy things, like being the person who realized what Fun With Chemistry could do to Test (several people knew about the corp, only xttz realized you could do more with it than swipe ozone from test stations for cynos).

I also thought extremely poorly of you after being a director during Darius 2.0 but I've generally avoided badmouthing you until now. But if you want to complain that i'm badmouthing you where you can't reach, don't badmouth our stuff on places anything i post will be moderated out or downvoted into invisibility. Even if nobody agrees with you here, it won't make your posts go away.

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

Kazanir posted:

I like Darius a lot in spite of his recent badposting. But if we're relitigating history let's also pause to remember the moment when he banned the creator of EVEThing and Goonmetrics (Tazuki) because Tazuki had bought a freighter alt from someone else who was later banned for RMT. He proceeded to roundly mock people on the public boards who were mad about this, but then later rescinded the bans after admitting that their RMT ban process hadn't actually checked for legitimate character sales.

Good times were had by all.

So what you're saying is that when I'm wrong I say "Sorry folks, hosed that one up lol"? Wow what a tremendous poo poo of a person. Clearly a liar and a cad.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Hesiod posted:

Invoking your time at CCP to enhance your authority on game development, security, CSM/CCP interactions - makes sense and works.

Invoking your time at CCP to enhance your authority with respect to player discipline - marks you as either a sycophant as someone puffing their reputation with BS to win an internet argument. Players do not have inside knowledge of CCP, but they do get to see the player discipline process.It is a joke. If you think spouting off about what you know from the discipline process makes you look good, you don't have a clue.

I know almost nothing about Weasilor beyond that he has a serious big boy job IRL. Wanting to tack on CSM responsibilities to that seems surprising. So your attempt at a put down by suggesting he was not nominated by the directors to be the CSM rep because they don't respect him is strange. Especially since this year they are backing Xeneria. Yes, really.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah like 95% of the facts in Darius' history of the BoB disband are known to the common goon, they aren't ever really glossed over except (apparently) by the True Stories / comic book. I never read the comic book so I didn't notice! But I knew just about everything in Darius' Reddit post just from reading the published histories, the original BIG ANNOUNCEMENT thread, and listening to the YouTube about it a long time ago. I don't think anyone is trying to rewrite history here.

Cal
Jul 6, 2003

Hesiod posted:

go ahead and post the "whole story" champ

You were let off the hook and unwinding your dumb bullshit was hard because eve is terribly written but I could and should have just permabanned you. I'd have been right and you'd still be making the same posts in this thread.

You mean like you permabanned me and had to reverse it because I was yet another false postive in your RMT roundup?

Where you didn't bother checking if ISK flowed bidirectionally for loans?

Yea, you are totally right always!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Hesiod posted:

But I already wrote the fan fiction on page 618. It's too late to revise history now.

Zephyrine posted:

I always tried to imagine a CEO transition from Darius to Karttoon.

Darius taking Karttoon up to the top of Goon mountain to gaze over the lands and going:

"Karttoon. You are the greatest of my sons. First among equals. None surpasses you in political cunning and military tactics. Karttoon my son. I am getting old, and one day this will all be yours"

Hesiod
Apr 17, 2003

evilweasel posted:

I mean, you complained that Tamir doesn't get credit but he specifically got credit and is a major character in the dumb comic book that was really the only thing that badly mangled what happened (and that was largely because it was limited to some tiny amount of words, and then what was told was heavily modified to fit a comic book).

Nobody's been shorted of credit except maybe Graham, who I think gets forgotten because he quit cold turkey pretty shortly afterwards so he wasn't around to jog people's memory (and because doing the logistic stuff tends to get forgotten as it just doesn't make for the fun stories to tell people when you're not trying to write like an ~official history~). I know what he did though because he was specifically credited in the Wired article (I think) that was written afterwards, something like doing so many towers he told someone that all the bowls were in reinforced in the dishwasher. Xttz is still around and never gets shorted credit though he never speaks up for himself because he's continued to do crazy things, like being the person who realized what Fun With Chemistry could do to Test (several people knew about the corp, only xttz realized you could do more with it than swipe ozone from test stations for cynos).

I also thought extremely poorly of you after being a director during Darius 2.0 but I've generally avoided badmouthing you until now. But if you want to complain that i'm badmouthing you where you can't reach, don't badmouth our stuff on places anything i post will be moderated out or downvoted into invisibility. Even if nobody agrees with you here, it won't make your posts go away.

So you're defending mittani's purposeful retelling of things in his image? That's not the bit you want to latch on to.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Oodles posted:

CCP released new faction warfare mechanics

these gave LP payouts when you killed FW ships based on the value of the ship you killed

The people mentioned above realized this was hilariously exploitable, told CCP, and were told 'nah bro it's good'

So they set the value of a few lovely implants no one uses, filled freighters with them, killed them on different alts, and proceeded to wallow in the money they printed.

Then they posted about it before nuking the value of LP forever, thus ruining mission running as a profession.

What could have been :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Hesiod posted:

So what you're saying is that when I'm wrong I say "Sorry folks, hosed that one up lol"? Wow what a tremendous poo poo of a person. Clearly a liar and a cad.

I was more getting at how you have a solid history of mocking people in public for being retards before then being forced to admit you were in the wrong after all.

Whether that pattern is now repeating itself is left as an exercise for the discerning reader, if SA has any of those left

• Locked thread