Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precedence
Jun 28, 2010
Maybe this is how it ends...

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

alphabettitouretti posted:

What the poo poo is going on with this, it's been offline since Tuesday? I only started playing this dumb game last week, is this normal for them?

From the brief time I've spent with it this is more my poo poo than regular MMOs 'cos it doesn't have the regular MMO style combat and I'm a sucker for games that make moving around the map fun. This patch had better not dick about with the jetpacks. Also I'm loving salty they've fooled around with the two frames I've enjoyed most, the Arsenal and Firecat. RIP that cool Firecat gun and your funky altfire mode.
Red5 continues their proud tradition of not doing simulated production upgrades off of actual backups. Thus they always find those few problems they couldn't theorize happening and now they are getting closer to doubling their downtime.

Have you played on the PTS? Some classes are going to get big jump jet buffs so they last longer or recharge faster, which is nice. It's sad that they are removing the Arsenal, but they are going to give you a free level 40 battleframe, a vehicle, some cosmetics, and $25 in red beans to make up for it. At least you aren't like me and own the Arsenal cosmetic upgrades. Those cost looooots of $$$$$$ and all of us that own them get shafted hard by their removal. Thanks Red5!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Don't worry about those kinds of problems popping up often. Next major patch will be a year and a half down the line when they overhaul the game again.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

What the poo poo is going on with this, it's been offline since Tuesday? I only started playing this dumb game last week, is this normal for them?

From the brief time I've spent with it this is more my poo poo than regular MMOs 'cos it doesn't have the regular MMO style combat and I'm a sucker for games that make moving around the map fun. This patch had better not dick about with the jetpacks. Also I'm loving salty they've fooled around with the two frames I've enjoyed most, the Arsenal and Firecat. RIP that cool Firecat gun and your funky altfire mode.

This is par for the course as far as patching goes. Luckily, we only have these major game-rework patches every 6 months or so.

This is a game that I love, I love to hate, and I hate to love.

Edit: See next post. None of this is surprising.

Fishvilla fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 22, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The patch is now out and available to download. The login servers are still offline, though. In an incredibly amusing turn of events, they are not deploying the migration script at this time. This means all your old characters will be hidden until they do the migration. You can log in and play with a new character, though. :v:

Nalin fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 22, 2016

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
We need a :red5: smiley that shoots itself in the foot and catches fire.

The good news is that now Nalin has plenty of time to completely redo the op. :v:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

We need a :red5: smiley that shoots itself in the foot and catches fire.

The good news is that now Nalin has plenty of time to completely redo the op. :v:

lol, maybe I should make a new thread. After all, we DID just have yet another full game relaunch.

Also, Red5 really hosed up PvP. Recons seem to have sniper level damage on their automatic weapon. It's just crazy. Also the movement speed is kind of slow so it doesn't feel that good. I'm also getting these battle tokens that I guess don't have a use right now, which is sad. I had hoped PvP would launch with actual rewards, but I guess not? Hopefully they eventually fix things.

It's also impossible to actually get a PvP match going which is frustrating. Apparently less than 10 people are actively queuing so it seems to take 20 minutes between matches.

EDIT: Currently in-game as NalinPvPAssault

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Any word on when the migration will happen?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Any word on when the migration will happen?

Apparently they will update on progress tomorrow (or later today depending on your timezone).

Given what I've seen of their update process so far I will be waiting until the migration is confirmed before logging in again.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah i was running through the first bit on a new character and it seemed decent. Got up to level 12 and stopped cause I want to know what I'm going to have on my main. Also there are a bunch of new bikes and a lot of them look nicer than the first lgv. Maybe I can put some of this 1k+ red beans to use finally.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
purchased items weren't even migrated. This is pretty sad for a "big launch." A ton of bugs got through. Also there are items in the red bean shop for "increase X stat for X time." Pay to win is happening.

sts_deserte is streaming and talking about all the bugs

precedence fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 22, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

purchased items weren't even migrated. This is pretty sad for a "big launch." A ton of bugs got through. Also there are items in the red bean shop for "increase X stat for X time." Pay to win is happening.

sts_deserte is streaming and talking about all the bugs
Yeah, I saw those items. Do you know if they work in PvP? If they are only a PvE item it wouldn't be too bad.

I laughed a lot at the item that costs 25 cents that lets you send a single chat message across an all-zone chat channel. I can finally spend money to tell everybody how much of a shitlord they are. :allears:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

FadedPez posted:

Migration now deployed for Mentors - hit it hard, friends! Try not to break it so we can get everyone else migrated! :)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Migration is now live for everyone.

If you run into problems, report them here:
http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/compilation-items-migration-issues.7119221

Common problems include:
Arsenal compensation only give 160 red beans.
Not receiving XP packs for pilot tokens.
Lots of migrated items aren't working properly.
Scrapping certain weapons aren't giving appropriate compensation.
Modules that were automatically unslotted are... not there.

EDIT: Best to not salvage old weapons/armor right now.

EDIT2: If anybody is not in the goon army and wants to be in, you will have to send me an in-game mail (B to access the mailbox, send to Nalin). Army search doesn't seem to be working in the army UI at the moment so you won't be able to submit an application.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 23, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So I logged in to check on poo poo and well, half of my abilities are gone. So not really impressed and kind of pissed to boot. So are some of my warpaints and other random clutter. This has been a complete poo poo show again.

Edit: And I can't even use the crafting station to get my frame in playable shape.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Morglon posted:

So I logged in to check on poo poo and well, half of my abilities are gone. So not really impressed and kind of pissed to boot. So are some of my warpaints and other random clutter. This has been a complete poo poo show again.

Edit: And I can't even use the crafting station to get my frame in playable shape.
Yeah, many abilities got scrapped. There are also some problems where you have the item, but it isn't showing up in the inventory. You could try messing with the filter settings.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not sure if it's even worth bothering now that Bastion is poo poo and Arsenal plain doesn't exist anymore. I'm well aware that that's just me probably being massively unfair but those are massive deal breakers for me and what little else I've seen doesn't make me want to reconsider either. I mean come on, they have the black wall doorways like in Colonial Marines, that's just lazy.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Okay Red5, I love you and all but you can stop sending me keys now... The Keys are apparently not bound to the account but are not stackable, which is strange because they usually account-lock these.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The gently caress is that?

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The gently caress is that?
Figured the email was more wide-spread to older users, heres the jist of the email.

Red5Studios Marketing posted:

Update 1.6 - Razor's Edge
Razor's Edge is out now, get in and join the fight! As an ARES pilot you are entitled to an exclusive "Ace of Honor" pack with 30 Day VIP, 250 Red Beans, 10 Lockboxes, Massive XP Pack, and much more!

As a Dragonfly- I'm not feeling this update, Healing Ball and Triage are gone, Emergency Response still requires a target. Healing Gen isn't affected by Deployment, but that thing was over-powered anyway.

As for long standing bugs/quirks that got fixed:
• You cannot use vehicles as a Midair drop pod- Many things are only usable on the ground.
• LGVs are more strict about spawn conditions on the ground to prevent LGV Launching (They failed, I can still do it.)
• Using Healing Wave or spawning a Healing Generator doesn't straight up give you immediate Health for the simple act of using it.

New bug!:
• Dismounting a vehicle or using a Thunderdome while gliding runs you the very real risk of falling through the world.

Happy Firefalling everyone!

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 23, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ah. Apparently I got one too. Shoulda checked my email.

I can choose between the Firecat, Dragonfly, Nighthawk or the 40mill xp pack for my arsenal trade in. No idea what to do...

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 23, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Ah. Apparently I got one too. Shoulda checked my email.

I can choose between the Firecat, Dragonfly, Nighthawk or the 40mill xp pack for my arsenal trade in. No idea what to do...
Take the free level 40 frame of your choice.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I was dumb and took the xp. I did however get all three frames from having the base frame. So I've got those to level.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Some tips:
  • About 1/3 of the abilities in the game got removed. If your battleframe is missing an ability, it is probably a [Broken Ability] in the salvage section.
  • Salvage your battleframe core for a full set of equipment items (head, arms, reactor, etc). NOTE: Do NOT salvage your Miru cores (the prototype ones like Scorcher). They aren't giving proper equipment.
  • Modules that were equipped to your weapons didn't unslot properly and you don't have them anymore. It is a known issue.
  • Your Arsenal compensation equipment will give you equipment for your currently equipped frame. Don't open it on a frame you don't want equipment for.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
So whenever I log in, i only see my raptor, how do i get to all my other frames?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

So whenever I log in, i only see my raptor, how do i get to all my other frames?
Find a battleframe terminal or install this mod:
http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/terminal-at-garage.7104121/#post-103087321

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Was I supposed to get a lvl 40 frame in return for my Arsenal? Because I've only got lvl 20 of the frame I chose.

Perks are hosed for me as well. It's saying I've got 11 points (dunno what this 'bandwidth' thing is about) but I can't equip any, it just says I don't have enough points then locks me out for 24 hours.

e: instead of giving me a lvl 40 frame they seem to have applied the compensation twice, so I've got 400 red beans and two arsenal packs of gear. Also my Firecat has retained its three burst alt fire on the equipped weapon.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 23, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I haven't played this game in a while, is there some sort of breakdown of what its like now? Specifically what classes exist and how they play.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Was I supposed to get a lvl 40 frame in return for my Arsenal? Because I've only got lvl 20 of the frame I chose.

Perks are hosed for me as well. It's saying I've got 11 points (dunno what this 'bandwidth' thing is about) but I can't equip any, it just says I don't have enough points then locks me out for 24 hours.

e: instead of giving me a lvl 40 frame they seem to have applied the compensation twice, so I've got 400 red beans and two arsenal packs of gear. Also my Firecat has retained its three burst alt fire on the equipped weapon.
http://www.firefall.com/migration-guide
According to that, you should get:
  • 200 Red Beans NOTE: Bugged and only giving 160
  • The A-1 Hauler (personnel transport)
  • Chibi Arsenal Pet
  • A non-combat cosmetic to change the player’s appearance to an Arsenal
  • Three Epic Combat Shotgun secondary weapons - one at level 20, 30, and 40. NOTE: Temporarily hidden because they are bugged.
  • Arsenal warpaint (if not already owned)
  • Arsenal title (if not already owned)
  • A choice of: Massive Experience Pack, or a level 40 advanced battleframe of the player’s choice
If you didn't get a level 40 version of the battleframe you picked to unlock for free, put in a support ticket.

eSporks posted:

I haven't played this game in a while, is there some sort of breakdown of what its like now? Specifically what classes exist and how they play.
Less enemies that damage you more, with much more variety in encounters. All the classes are there (except Arsenal), and they all play a little different. Ability cooldowns have been dropped across the board. Each archetype has an ability that can be used to assist in movement. Alt-fire on most classes is gone.

Assault feels mostly the same. Most of the ability changes have been quality of life type stuff, like a new version of Crater called Meteor Strike that lets you aim where you are going to hit. Firecat has been drastically changed. It is a close-range Assault with a flamethrower. Tigerclaw is somewhat the same. The ability that replaces Missile Shot is awesome. Trailblaze was removed and replaced with something else that I don't care much for.

Biotechs are much more support based. You can shoot allies to heal them now. Dragonfly regains the really old healgun. Alt-fire to tether onto friendlies and heal them. Recluse loses the alt-fire (noooo!) but is otherwise the same.

Engineer changed a bit. Much more turret focused. Turrets lose health over time until they blow up, but you can shoot the turrets to heal them and keep them up as long as you can. Bastion loses the absurd amount of multi-turrets, but gains a unique mine-launcher. The mines heal nearby turrets, so you can create your own little nest and hold a point. Electron is still the Electron, except it has the same "conduit" mechanic that the Raptor has.

Dreadnoughts are tanky. All of them are still awesome. Rhino changed a bit, but I haven't tried it yet.

Recon is still the same, albeit with super increased headshot damage. Nighthawk gains the ability to shoot through 5 enemies at once, but meh. I don't really care much for the Recon archetype.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is the enemy ai(and just combat ai in general) hosed up? I did the beginner mission that's set up like a tower defense (as a bastion). All the enemies would just stop and not really attack much and both the built turrets as well as my own were shooting kinda sporadically.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Nalin posted:

• Chibi Arsenal Pet
  • Three Epic Combat Shotgun secondary weapons - one at level 20, 30, and 40. NOTE: Temporarily hidden because they are bugged.
  • A choice of: Massive Experience Pack, or a level 40 advanced battleframe of the player’s choice
If you didn't get a level 40 version of the battleframe you picked to unlock for free, put in a support ticket
The first character you log into gets the pack after you've applied it. Make sure you log in with the character you want the pack on.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 24, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man. I have no idea what I'm doing/what i should be doing. Still, I'm not completely disliking it. probably going to hold off for a week/month until some of the stability and weird bugs I've been seeing get sorted out.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Rhino's new range is so pathetic I don't see how it will be useful in any of the raids, it's also borderline useless in tornado's and anything else you have to be close too. Once crafting is back in I'll try slotting a ton of range mods on it but I'm not sure it'll help much. It's damage also doesn't feel anything special.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Nalin posted:

• Chibi Arsenal Pet
If you didn't get a level 40 version of the battleframe you picked to unlock for free, put in a support ticket.

Something has definitely gone fucky. My inventory has a load of lvl 40 weapons and armour, but I don't have any lvl 40 frames. I've also ended up with 2x 6m XP boosts in addition to everything else. Not gonna bother with support request, I like this better than an instant jump to 40.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
FYI, 40mill takes you to level 36.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Well, I think one of my characters got deleted and electrons new gun is the most awful piece of garbage. See you guys next year!

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
The new patch is pretty garbage, but there is a new perk that lets you jump/fall from any height with no damage and that's fun for a while.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
After giving it some more time I actually agree, there is some redeeming stuff in there, like the bounty system, that's pretty cool. Also liking the new inventory, splitting stuff up again after putting everything on one item for no good reason actually gives you some room to play around with, built in grenades and heals are pretty cool too, so is actually assigning permanent spots to vehicles and gliders. The rest of the update is a loving disaster though, barely anything works, classes got nerfed into the ground for no good reason and changes that sound neat on paper just suck. Mammoth is the only frame I played that hasn't been nerfed at all, in fact it is even stronger now. Skills remain largely the same but bullet drop is gone and the AoE has gotten bigger and while your rate of fire is slightly down from what it used to be you just poo poo damage in every direction it's loving insane.

I don't see myself sticking with it though, out of my three favorite frames two loving suck now and one was removed, just because my fourth is still awesome and serviceable doesn't mean I like it.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I've been in events where everyone except for one or two people were Mammoths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Has ff ever had a patch that worked right? No. The implied contract we all have is to reserve judgment until the things they've changed actually start working.

• Locked thread