Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Murphy is the guy with the ultimate resting bitch face, right? I feel sorry for that actor because he is also evil in everything else.

Same as Will Poulter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

He's in EVERY show, he always plays the same kind of character, and I don't think he's good at it either.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've only seen him in The 100 and Continuum. He's no Roger Cross.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

He's in EVERY show, he always plays the same kind of character, and I don't think he's good at it either.

Yeah I don't know what else you've seen him in. I've only seen him in two shows. I think he's a perfectly decent actor who's probably typecast really hard because of his weird loving face.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Snak posted:

Yeah I don't know what else you've seen him in. I've only seen him in two shows. I think he's a perfectly decent actor who's probably typecast really hard because of his weird loving face.

Off the top of my head, Bates Motel and The Killing, and that Percy Jackson movie

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

Off the top of my head, Bates Motel and The Killing, and that Percy Jackson movie

Yeah I haven't watched any of those things.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

Yeah I haven't watched any of those things.

"I don't even own a TV :smug:"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

"I don't even own a TV :smug:"

Whatever, it's not like I don't watch an assload of shows. A lovely attempt to turn one of the most iconic horror classics into a tv series and a lovely YA movie adaption are hardly things I should be expected to have seen.

Also, I really do bet he's typecast.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Snak posted:

and a lovely YA movie adaption are hardly things I should be expected to have seen.

yeah you just post endlessly about the 100, totes different

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Snak posted:

Whatever, it's not like I don't watch an assload of shows. A lovely attempt to turn one of the most iconic horror classics into a tv series and a lovely YA movie adaption are hardly things I should be expected to have seen.

Also, I really do bet he's typecast.

Bates Motel is really good. Obviously it doesn't live up to the film, but it's as good as The 100 at least. The Killing and Percy Jackson however are the pits, yes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Bates Motel is really good. Obviously it doesn't live up to the film, but it's as good as The 100 at least. The Killing and Percy Jackson however are the pits, yes.

I mean, I did entirely judge Bates Motel on the first look thing I saw which had people running through the woods with AKs. That was basically the first and final nail in the coffin.

Toxxupation posted:

yeah you just post endlessly about the 100, totes different

Well I don't really expect people to have seen it... I'm not sure what your point is or what you always have an ax to grind with me. Can't we all just get along?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I never would of watched The 100 without your recommendation so... Good job? Anything else you like now will at least get a look in with me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

I never would of watched The 100 without your recommendation so... Good job? Anything else you like now will at least get a look in with me.

Oh man that's a lot of pressure to not have my opinions be poo poo...

But hey, I am really glad that you like it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

the point is that dismissing something as "garbage YA" sure is p rich comin from a dude who posts about the 100

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah but The 100 being garbage YA is about as true as you being a good poster.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

the point is that dismissing something as "garbage YA" sure is p rich comin from a dude who posts about the 100

Well I have literally only heard negative things about the Percy Jackson films. That's why I said that. Maybe I'm wrong,

The 100 is not garbage. So obviously I don't think all YA adaptions are garbage, but literally no one has gone to bat for Percy Jackson movies and told me "hey, this isn't as dumb as it looks, you should check it out".

That's the reason.

edit: and if you don't like The 100, that's fine. I don't give a poo poo. We don't need to attack each other to have an opinionated argument.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The 100 wanted so badly to be garbage YA and by some miracle couldn't manage it. Kind of like Cougar Town

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

see people say that, and then i remember watching the pilot which might be legit one of the worst things i've ever seen and easily one of the worst pilots ive ever seen and just go "yeah huh uh huh sure"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Every single person who said that also said that the pilot was incredibly bad.

Personally, I think they upped the YA garbage level of it to get picked up so they could do their real plan.

But again, it's not like I think everyone should like what I do for the reasons that I do, so whatever.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Personally I really, honestly truly do not loving care what other people like

I mean sure I think (and am totally justified in thinking) that the 100 is terrible garbage, but whatever like what you like

I just think it's disingenuous at best to disregard YA media as garbage when one, it's not written for you anyways, two, you post a lot trumping up other garbage (or "garbage", whatever) YA media

For ref my little brother, who is actually a young adult, loves the Percy Jackson franchise and movies

I think it's dumb ya garbage but you know whatever, since I'm you know, In my mid twenties so who the gently caress cares

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well that's fine. All I said about Percy Jackson was that I hadn't seen it. Then I said there's no reason I should be expected to have seen "YA garbage" which is true, because it's not for me. Which is also true. It just feels like I'm being painted as a hypocrite where no hypocrisy exists. I wasn't dismissing Percy Jackson as garbage because it was YA, but rather because I've only heard bad things about it. And I watched the trailers.

It's cool that your brother likes it, though.

I might have posted this already, but if I did, it was probably in the cineD chat thread. I think that Hunger Games, despite it's flaws, is pretty cool as a YA property, because it's teaching young people that science fiction can be, and is often, allegorical. Everyone into Hunger Games will come right out and tell you that it's about media control and propaganda. That's a great thing for YA scifi to teach younger people. It's the sort of thing that gets them thinking about other scifi and about the real world.

I hope that Percy Jackson teaches people about the retelling of myths and the symbolism of Greek mythology that's still used in modern stories today. That would be pretty cool.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Toxxupation posted:

I think it's dumb ya garbage but you know whatever, since I'm you know, In my mid twenties so who the gently caress cares

You do. A lot.

That said, "You haven't watched the entire series!" is a pretty weak defense of a show (even though I've used it before) so I get where you're at.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
would HAVE priormarcus would HAVE, gently caress

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

would HAVE priormarcus would HAVE, gently caress

Well now I wish I would have done it right so as not to upset you bro.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TVIV arguments make me so....rambunctious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

You do. A lot.

That said, "You haven't watched the entire series!" is a pretty weak defense of a show (even though I've used it before) so I get where you're at.

"Oh boy, I sure did hate that pilot of Parks and Rec! How did that shitshow manage a whole seven seasons?"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

You do. A lot.

That was in ref to Percy Jackson not the 100

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

"Oh boy, I sure did hate that pilot of Parks and Rec! How did that shitshow manage a whole seven seasons?"

Parks and rec is literally my go-to for why I tell literally everyone I know to skip the entirety of season one and especially the pilot, and I most certainly do not loving blame anyone for quitting the show in disgust due to its fuckin atrocious first season

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxxupation posted:

Parks and rec is literally my go-to for why I tell literally everyone I know to skip the entirety of season one and especially the pilot, and I most certainly do not loving blame anyone for quitting the show in disgust due to its fuckin atrocious first season

So you agree that you can't judge a TV show on its first episode?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

No you totally can! That's why I tell people to skip it, because they could come to the totally justified conclusion that pnr is worthless garbage off of season one and then not watch it any more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxxupation posted:

No you totally can! That's why I tell people to skip it, because they could come to the totally justified conclusion that pnr is worthless garbage off of season one and then not watch it any more

I give up

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Or if you judge, ahem, DOCTOR WHO off its first season you'd be totally justified in thinking it's absolute poo poo (on top of it being you know... A bad show) which is why I tell people to start with s5 and if they really like that then maybe to give the other seasons a try with the caveat that they're all worse than that. That's the absolute best that doctor who has ever been, series 5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

what the fu-man this thread was so much less fun when you couldn't post in it

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
So I saw this show randomly and I gotta say I love its absurdist humour. Man Seeking Woman is pretty great y'all

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Toxxupation posted:

This is what gets me to finally block you. This thread is infinitely better without you.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

You do. A lot.

As someone who thought the first half of season 1 of The Hunnit was utter poo poo and it doesn't really approach "good" until the last couple episodes of the season, it's probably the only show where that's a valid defense, though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Parks and Rec season 1 actually has some great stuff like Leslie's poop flinging fight and Andy's audition tape for The Amazing Race.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey Toxx, I know it's especially hard for you because it's your natural state of being, but quit being an rear end in a top hat. And knock off the double posting. If you have more meaningless nonsense that you forgot to ramble on about in one post use the edit button and don't immediately make another post.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I like Occupation, he's a good dude. That said, you guys are engaging Occupation and that's really dumb. Like, remember Irish Joe? It's like that, only Occ is 100% genuine in his bad opinions.

The 100 owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What the what? Why would you do this ABC? I just looked at my cable guide and it says this week's Galavant is airing at 11pm.

• Locked thread