Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Fred totally looks like a serial killer.

Statement valid for any time period. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Robin looks like Garrett Morris.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Aaaaahahahaha, ETM thinking Billy Corgan wouldn't be a good fit to manage a wrestling team/franchise/whatever the gently caress. "Unless he's... changed his... ways, he.... was a huge.... pagan/satanist back.... in the 90s....."

Yeah, no. Eric, you sound like a mom from the midwest. "Oh jeez, that there Billy Corgan is in love with Satan, you betcha!" I know not everyone's a fan of BC; I love the Pumpkins, not a huge Billy fan, but any minor research into that claim would show that Billy was very far from Satanism. :allears:

I guess Eric's encyclopedic knowledge was only applied to (some) history, and TNA.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What's nine times eight Eric?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

What's nine times eight Eric?

Dude, whoa, WAY too early to start throwing that question out, jeez.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Bonzo posted:

To be fair no one was sure wrestling was fake until 1987 when Jim Dugan and Iron Sheik got busted for DUI and cocaine possession.
Was this at the Silverdome in Pontiac Michigaaahn?

you jabrone

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sasquatch! posted:

Was this at the Silverdome in Pontiac Michigaaahn?

you jabrone

THAT IS WHERE I hosed HULK HOGAN IN THE rear end AND HUMBLED HIM!!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
There is a Iron Sheik documentary on Netflix that is worth watching. They even show a few minutes of the bit where they dressed Artie up as Iron Shiek Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jR7_WiHI1g

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

...and the Honky Tonk Man, and the Blue Meanie...

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

...and the Honky Tonk Man, and the Blue Meanie...

Bubba the love sponge is on Honky Tonk Mans rear end kicking list.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So all the ETM multiplication stuff has vanished. Does anyone know some of the dates they happened or where in a pack they'd be?

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 23, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crotch Bat posted:

So all the ETM multiplication stuff has vanished. Does anyone know some of the dates they happened or where in a pack they'd be?

pretty sure it's under the 2007/2008 pack under " to early for ETM to do math".

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
HPE arrested for threatening Elephant Boy

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 23, 2016

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Has Elephant Boy even been on the show in the past 10 years? So weird that wackpackers and superfans have their own real-life social scene that revolves around the Stern show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Wasn't Eric arrested or at least investigated years ago for making threats over the phone to some woman?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
the 9x8 ETM stuff happens during the Dec 2008 and Jan 2009 shows somewhere. Just to help

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Gary had a great observation during the 9x7 saga. He was like "Eric, I get not being ready the first time or knowing the answer, but how I know you are retarded is this is the 4th straight day we have asked you 9x7 and you still don't know it."

I laughed for almost 9x7 minutes at that.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

Wasn't Eric arrested or at least investigated years ago for making threats over the phone to some woman?

Not sure about the arrest but Howard talked to him about it on the air and I think they might have even played one.

I don't remember why he was threatening her but it was a pretty stupid reason and the girl described it as being a 180 out of nowhere.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Yes and they were legitimately disturbing. It was the real con man side of Eric showing through.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I remember Mariann (caw caw) called up right after they played those HPE calls and she blamed the woman receiving them. I've been listening to some of the old stuff like Arties addiction saga and Mariann really is kind of vile. Like she has some kind of mental illness or something.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mariann is the worst kind of sycophant

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

cumshitter posted:

Not sure about the arrest but Howard talked to him about it on the air and I think they might have even played one.

I don't remember why he was threatening her but it was a pretty stupid reason and the girl described it as being a 180 out of nowhere.

Here is the call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6Fuap7BRk

More details here http://www.marksfriggin.com/news14/2-10.htm

Basically Eric says that she stopped hanging out with him because she was upset that he wouldn't take her to the Sirius building or something.

What the gently caress is with this show and people named "Eric"?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Bonzo posted:

He was arrested in August 2000 for calling in a bomb threat to WNEW where O&A, Scott Farrell, and Ron & Fez were on.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He got fake arrested once, it was kind of funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmZ4FEPtF2Y

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The thing to remember about HPE is everything he does is a scam. The slow adult gimmick is just a way to win favors and leech subsidies from the government. The "team player" bullshit he used to do like the occasional prank phone call or getting smacked with a fish was just a way to get on the show and build enough pseudo-fame to be able to con people into buying him gifts and poo poo. He has some parallels to Elliot Offen in that way.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Speaking of someone with bad luck, how about High Pitch Mike? High voice, bonkers eye, thin/balding hair, massive acne issue, and gay*. Even one of those can make your life hell. At least he didn't let those things hold him back like ETM did and he did poo poo with his life.

* - I don't mean being gay is a bad thing, I mean it's an unfortunate stumbling block for people in the current world we live in where not everyone is accepting of it. He clearly had an enormous struggle with coming out(he once said his parents told him they'd disown him if he came out but they eventually came around) and it led to some painful situations in his life.

e: can someone download the 2008 ETM zip from scriptcover.com and tell me if the archive is corrupt for anyone else?

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 24, 2016

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
anywhere to view the american idol shows ETM did on sirius, i believe brian gunkleman (sp) was a cohost, are they even worth it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Professor Skittles posted:

anywhere to view the american idol shows ETM did on sirius, i believe brian gunkleman (sp) was a cohost, are they even worth it.

Dunkleman made an unlistenable show worse by making it sound almost halfway legit, which no one wanted.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, can anyone actually tell me Mike Walker's favourite Matt Dillon story (real briefly)? I genuinely forget and I can't listen to any clips right now.

Thanks! I mean *burrnowwwrrowmp*

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Crotch Bat posted:

e: can someone download the 2008 ETM zip from scriptcover.com and tell me if the archive is corrupt for anyone else?

I had brought that up earlier, all the ETM zips are corrurpt it seems

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

kylej posted:

The thing to remember about HPE is everything he does is a scam. The slow adult gimmick is just a way to win favors and leech subsidies from the government. The "team player" bullshit he used to do like the occasional prank phone call or getting smacked with a fish was just a way to get on the show and build enough pseudo-fame to be able to con people into buying him gifts and poo poo. He has some parallels to Elliot Offen in that way.

For sure. There is no way he is under 90 IQ, he is clearly of average intelligence, with above-average lying/conniving abilities.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dr.Caligari posted:

I had brought that up earlier, all the ETM zips are corrurpt it seems

Transmodiar, we speak your name.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, can anyone actually tell me Mike Walker's favourite Matt Dillon story (real briefly)? I genuinely forget and I can't listen to any clips right now.

Thanks! I mean *burrnowwwrrowmp*

Riosan posted:

From reddit the other day:

quote:
The story was Mike Walker was at a restaurant/bar and saw Matt Dillon with a smoking hot woman who he went in to the bathroom with, and most likely banged her. They came out 5 min later. The smoking hot chick left and Matt Dillon picked up another super hot woman at the bar and then went in to the bathroom with her (and most likely banged her).

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
So http://www.robinquivers.com/ is a thing now. Mostly a thing anyways. Half the pages are blank, or just show filler material like, "Write a paragraph here explaining the purpose of your website" type stuff. Then there are these random, incoherent sentences that may or may not have been written by the woman herself.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Pilot Jim posted:

So http://www.robinquivers.com/ is a thing now. Mostly a thing anyways. Half the pages are blank, or just show filler material like, "Write a paragraph here explaining the purpose of your website" type stuff. Then there are these random, incoherent sentences that may or may not have been written by the woman herself.
Are there banner ads from Mike & Ikes?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Crotch Bat posted:

Transmodiar, we speak your name.

I'll see what I can do. :)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Pilot Jim posted:

Well I can go ahead and say that she will need to turn off comments on her blog posts

HAM HANDS
1/24/2016, 9:07:30 AM
Holy crap this website is bad. Half of it is no content, why not just delete those pages or not show them. The other half has such poor grammar it's laughable.
and then out of nowhere came these four words..And I know you can."
That's 5 words Robin.
Reply to Ham Hands

DAVID BRENT
1/24/2016, 10:48:25 AM
Robin has zero talent. How fortunate is she that Howard has kept her on all these years? She laughs at everyone but can't even handle mild criticism. What a loser.
Reply to David Brent

ROBIN'S STINKY BOX
1/24/2016, 10:50:30 AM
What an ugly and ignorant box.
Reply to Robin's Stinky Box

MR. X
1/24/2016, 12:19:00 PM
What did she expect?
Reply to MR. X

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Howard Stern Show Megathread: One catchy line to let visitors to pay attention to your services

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Poking in the source code it looks like its some DIY website from http://www.hubspot.com/

I bet someone talked her into paying them $75,000 to just fill out a template.

EDIT: Holy poo poo the prices! I really need to get back into webhosting.

http://www.hubspot.com/pricing/marketing#?currency=USD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Poking in the source code it looks like its some DIY website from http://www.hubspot.com/

I bet someone talked her into paying them $75,000 to just fill out a template.

Truth, every word of it.

Who the gently caress publishes a site with half of the placeholders still in place? in 2016?