Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still laughing (screaming) at the fact that Trump's very first policy position was making mexico pay for a great wall of china and people ITT keep trying to analyze what he says or take him seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PT6A posted:

I can enjoy Trump's speeches as pieces of performance art, while still being deeply frightened of the idea of Trump gaining any actual power.

He doesn't have policy so much as a collection of contradictory unrealistic talking points.

We are going to build a contiguous wall on the US border and get Mexico to pay the billions of dollars it would cost to implement the idea.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

He told people magazine last year that he lost 15 pounds giving speeches because he gets so excited.

Maybe he should cut down on the steaks and up the 'vitamin shot' dosage...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm sure trumps trademark calling everyone who doesn't like him retards and losers will definitely sway the undecided idiot vote.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump went to church in Iowa today.

quote:

The Bible reading of 1 Corinthians 12 appeared to pique the real-estate mogul’s interest and his head turned toward the lectern as a woman from the congregation spoke about humility.

“I also want you to think about how this keeps your significance from getting blow up into self-importance. For no matter how significant you are, it is only because of what you are part of,” the woman intoned.

“Can you imagine eye telling hand, ‘Get lost, I don’t need you?’ Or, head telling foot, ‘You’re fired, your job has been phased out?’” the woman continued.

I heard that. I wonder if that was for me,” Trump said at the news conference. “They didn’t even know I was coming so I doubt it. But it was an appropriate phrase… Humility. Perhaps she had something in mind.”

I have more humility than people think,” he added.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Venom Snake posted:

I'm still laughing (screaming) at the fact that Trump's very first policy position was making mexico pay for a great wall of china and people ITT keep trying to analyze what he says or take him seriously.

Screaming, huh? (flips through Little Red Book of Boilerplate Internet Leftist Catchphrases) You uhh triggered too? You doing some shaking? You literally can't even when it comes to Trumpamania...?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

blue squares posted:

Is that all it takes to get permission to use a video?

If "Young Ted Cruz" held the copyright on the video, yes.

I doubt that's the case, but the actual copyright holder would need to step forward, and, if that's from one of those "High School Memories" videos, it's probably a one-man llc that's been defunct for 20 years.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

“I have more humility than people think,” he added.

yesssss so good

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Pictured:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouVsvJey3kw

A man laying out a common sense plan for Making America Great Again.

he sounds like a 5th grader reading the speech he just wrote

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Truly unstumpable.

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/691332575172894720

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:allears: Never stop Trump, never stop.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When Trump makes a twitter post, does he have a staff that handles all the formatting and posting details, or is he literally just sitting there with his iPhone thinking up the burns?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

He told people magazine last year that he lost 15 pounds giving speeches because he gets so excited.

Does he sweat so much that when he finishes speaking he collapses into a chair in exhaustion?

no wait thats someone else

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Screaming, huh? (flips through Little Red Book of Boilerplate Internet Leftist Catchphrases) You uhh triggered too? You doing some shaking? You literally can't even when it comes to Trumpamania...?

god you suck so loving much dude

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Joementum posted:

“I have more humility than people think,” he added.

Yooge, luxurious, gold-plated humility.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

He also said that Cruz wants to be PM of Canada and President. Fanning those North American Union super-state fears.

Sagebrush posted:

When Trump makes a twitter post, does he have a staff that handles all the formatting and posting details, or is he literally just sitting there with his iPhone thinking up the burns?

I don't think Donald Trump knows how to tweet. I honestly think his account is a "poo poo MY DAD SAYS" type deal where sometimes it's out of his mouth, and other times it's someone making up Trumpisms, but he's not the one physically typing out his tweets.

My guess is that Trump's twitter is either handled by his sons, an assistant, or a social media team.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 24, 2016

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

I love that all these always have some semblance of truth in them that he can fall back on when questioned.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

babypolis posted:

I read every reply in this thread and I read Top Bunk Wanker replies twice because they're so good.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mitt Romney posted:

I love that all these always have some semblance of truth in them that he can fall back on when questioned.

Like all successful politicians, he's more clever than he lets on.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

babypolis posted:

dude, you're super-salty. relax, it's ok if Hilary doesn't get the nom.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

mike12345 posted:

To be fair to babypolis Trump did call his people a bunch of rapists and murderers, although some of them are good...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Montasque posted:

To be fair to babypolis Trump did call his people a bunch of rapists and murderers, although some of them are good...

He assumed some of them were good people, which is even more hilariously offensive.

Also lol, "I have humility, I'm humble as gently caress. That lady was talking about me she used my catchphrase"

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

babypolis posted:

Dude, you haven't contributed a single useful or funny thought to this thread, beyond getting repeatedly caremad at internet people ironically pretending to support Trump.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

etalian posted:

He doesn't have policy so much as a collection of contradictory unrealistic talking points.

We are going to build a contiguous wall on the US border and get Mexico to pay the billions of dollars it would cost to implement the idea.

It's not unrealistic if you threaten to use the power of the executive to gently caress up a militarily and economically inferior nation nonstop for 4 years because I FUCKIN PROMISED YOUD PAY FOR IT and you know Trump would hold such a grudge.

If you don't want America to go soft imperialist and start loving other nations for our benefit that's good! It is not a very morally defensible stance. It is in.no way contradictory or unrealistic, though.

Also if you identify more as your homeland like that butthurt Mexican than you identify as an American you aren't ever gonna like Trump (or me) anyway. Hope you learn to love your country sometime soon bro, we'd love to have you on our team before the Night of the Short Fingers.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 24, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

The Iowa Republican chair spoke before Donald Trump's rally today.

The Republican Party is bound and determined to put Ted Cruz in his grave, drat the consequences. It's really quite something.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

mike12345 posted:

i actually prefer bernie altought i dont care that much either way. dont really know why youd think this was some kind of burn agaisnt me

Subvisual Haze posted:

Dude, you haven't contributed a single useful or funny thought to this thread, beyond getting repeatedly caremad at internet people ironically pretending to support Trump.

god forbid anyone post something in this thread that isnt about how trump is the best thing ever. also lol if you think everyone here is ironic about their support for trump

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's going to be fun watching all the delusional people melt down when their laughable beliefs that Hillary is somehow smarter than JEB! or Cruz and/or the general electorate will save them are destroyed in Trump's wake.

THE GENERAL ELECTORATE IS DUMBER THAN THE PRIMARY ELECTORATE FOR EITHER PARTY.

"INDEPENDENTS" AND "UNDECIDED VOTERS" ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKERS ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

DEMOCRATS WIN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS BY WINNING 2/3 OR MORE OF THE MORON VOTE AND DONALD J. TRUMP'S SPEAKING STYLE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL IS THE EQUIVALENT OF A 3RD GRADE READING LEVEL.

If Trump is the nominee you (WE?) are F-U-C-K-E-D

Boosted_C5 rapidly turning into my favorite poster in this thread. Troll on, noble rear end in a top hat.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I think that illegals are queue-jumping assholes, and I don't mind kicking them all out since they're breaking the law or building a wall to stop them coming in.

Of course, I don't mind legalizing them either. Just whatever stops them forcing down wages and conditions for legal immigrants and citizens.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Patter Song posted:

The Republican Party is bound and determined to put Ted Cruz in his grave, drat the consequences. It's really quite something.

Until last week I always assumed it was Trump who was the existential threat to the Republican party... He's not, not at all. They can work with Trump. Cruz on the other hand would replace the current GOP machine and make it over in his image, and that is the threat.

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
I'm convinced that the only thing that would slow down Trump will be something that would make him look human and vulnerable, like falling off a podium, acknowledging a minority or getting the flu. Basically, only Trump himself can stump the Trump.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I'm sneering Marxistly at this post.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Patter Song posted:

They have to, or he's going to inspire copycats. Trump is less of a threat to the party because "be a celebrity billionaire" is much harder for aspiring politicians to replicate.

If Cruz achieves success by stabbing everyone around him in the back repeatedly and throwing his own party under the bus, there won't be any shortage of people trying to emulate him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Do It Once Right posted:

They have to, or he's going to inspire copycats. Trump is less of a threat to the party because "be a celebrity billionaire" is much harder for aspiring politicians to replicate.

If Cruz achieves success by stabbing everyone around him in the back repeatedly and throwing his own party under the bus, there won't be any shortage of people trying to emulate him.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/22/the-other-reason-the-washington-elite-hate-ted-cruz/

The Federalist makes a similar argument. Basically Cruz is the threat because he will launch a thousand copycats and create eternal turmoil for the party.

Trump on the other hand is a blackswan event that the party will survive.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Patter Song posted:

We don't care who wins as long as its not that ratfucker Cruz.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

I think that illegals are queue-jumping assholes, and I don't mind kicking them all out since they're breaking the law or building a wall to stop them coming in.

Of course, I don't mind legalizing them either. Just whatever stops them forcing down wages and conditions for legal immigrants and citizens.

its not the illegals that are bringing down your wages. they are just a boogeyman.

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed
Trump! *hangs up*

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Until last week I always assumed it was Trump who was the existential threat to the Republican party... He's not, not at all. They can work with Trump. Cruz on the other hand would replace the current GOP machine and make it over in his image, and that is the threat.

I haven't seen this blatant a case of political homicide from someone's own party since Howard Dean back 12 years ago. (Not counting politicians who were destroyed by scandal like John Edwards or Anthony Weiner or Larry Craig or Mark Sanford).

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Subvisual Haze posted:

internet people ironically pretending to support Trump.

i have bad news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

Alternate theory: Trump is the Republican party

https://twitter.com/DrewLinzer/status/691341302810554368

• Locked thread