Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I'm at Universal Studios Orlando for the first time in my life today. It's pretty drat cool. Would recommend A+

Just USO or are you doing Islands of Adventure? I recommend the Popeye ride in Islands of Adventure, as well as the Dueling Dragons roller coaster. The Hulk ride is pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tally
May 26, 2011

Endie posted:

Just goes to show even *I* bought the "Endie was inactive" line after hearing it often enough.

Did you forget your CSM Internet space job?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Just USO or are you doing Islands of Adventure? I recommend the Popeye ride in Islands of Adventure, as well as the Dueling Dragons roller coaster. The Hulk ride is pretty good too.

Both. I did the dragons ride it owned. Hulk is under refurbishment until summer.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008

vyst posted:

Both. I did the dragons ride it owned. Hulk is under refurbishment until summer.

That sucks. Hulk was a fun ride to ride on.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I forget what else is there. I think there was some Fear Factor thing last time I was there in 2005/6.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Tally posted:

Did you forget your CSM Internet space job?

I did!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vyst, did you hear that Nintendo and Universal Studios signed a deal to add some Nintendo themed rides at their parks?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-universal-nintendo-deal-20150510-story.html

Also please let me know if the Harry Potter poo poo is worth it, they added it years ago but I never got a chance to go to it and I could do with a theme park visit at some point.

Cal
Jul 6, 2003
Evidently the bar in some minds for maintaining your TSC access is to do something once a year.

If only I had known.

Tally
May 26, 2011

I always imagined that was a short straw sort of gig.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

So, is there any actual logs/poo poo coming out of this DJ drama? This whole thing smells of Marlona Sky, honestly -- constant blurf about "the proof is coming" and then poo poo never happens. Sunlight sanitizes all things, folks; just post, and let people decide.

For my part, if I saw something in illum that made me uncomfortable, I'd leave. Space Flanders, and all. (And frankly, I've got options.) But I'm happy enough here, other than the occasional short burnout.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

That has been pretty much what's happened the whole time so far. There's some funny sperging about BAT going to PL by some of the GSF notables as a result, which is so weird they're that upset a friend of theirs decided to go play the game elsewhere and seem to be enjoying it.

Also #FreeKimsemus

From the outside looking in that seems to me to be newbie directors trying to get senpai to notice them and prove their loyalty to the state.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

"Oh hey the Eve thread has 6 new pag :yikes: "

In other news, led a sloshop last night and woke up to find out that I avenged the dead ITL freighters by coathangering a legion of death super. Less a coathanger, and more a vasectomy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

For my part, if I saw something in illum that made me uncomfortable, I'd leave. Space Flanders, and all. (And frankly, I've got options.) But I'm happy enough here, other than the occasional short burnout.

yeah, that is what i don't get

if any of the poo poo that gets thrown around is true, there's some chances to do some actual harm to the shambling corpse of the flame of true gooniness that is goonswarm federation

and yet it never materializes

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

Leaving is goonfucking. I think you're already stating your intention to goonfuck so prosecution is already being leveled at you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

YouTuber posted:

Leaving is goonfucking. I think you're already stating your intention to goonfuck so prosecution is already being leveled at you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So I made the terrible mistake of resubbing to this game after being away for >3 years. What's the cool thing to do these days? I still have a rad falcon pilot who can also do Tengu stuff and a lot of other crap that I can't recall. I think I still have a Sabre pilot too but dunno if they are still good / worth using now?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YouTuber posted:

You act like PL is innocent in the area of overreactions to security and intelligence things. Didnt you toss out gorski the darling of /r/eve and kick him off your AT team not long ago?

Also: "I want every dead motherfucker out of the alliance" remember that?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

From the outside looking in that seems to me to be newbie directors trying to get senpai to notice them and prove their loyalty to the state.

I don't know if any of the people getting mad at folks like Endie etc. are directors or not, but they're not new to the alliance. Regardless, them getting mad and some of the arguments they're making are pretty comical.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

So I made the terrible mistake of resubbing to this game after being away for >3 years. What's the cool thing to do these days? I still have a rad falcon pilot who can also do Tengu stuff and a lot of other crap that I can't recall. I think I still have a Sabre pilot too but dunno if they are still good / worth using now?

They're adding this in March which is pretty neat http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/project-discovery-needs-you/

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

YouTuber posted:

Everyone in the directorate up to and including Sion/Mittani and all of the finance people posting today will tell you that I'm the most Lawful Good motherfucker we have around here. If any of this bullshit were actually true -- i.e. the stuff about IRL threats, or people calling Endie "mentally ill", or whatever -- I'd be loving pissed! Lots of people would. Lord knows I have yelled at Mittani enough over the years when I thought he was doing something dumb. But as it happens, these people post and post and post and never offer any actual proof of anything untoward. And so nothing happens except a lot of smoke and badposting.

Like what DJ is saying is that "all of the old guard has quit because of Sion" but that's obviously untrue. What has happened is that 3-4 formerly-prominent old guard people have gotten really buttmad in public and posted a lot on Reddit after leaving, only showing up here later -- after they had cashed in on the Reddit groupthink-upvotes and their ability to post their narrative there while competing ideas and facts are downvoted into invisibility. As it happens, all of those people had been recently fired or offended because they were being glared at for wanting to stick around in leadership without actually putting in effort.

To give you an example: on the same day as Blawrf was removed from TSC, Solo Drakban, xttz, and I were all also removed, for exactly the same reasons -- inactivity! But as xttz has extensively posted about, none of us flipped our poo poo in public because...it wasn't actually a sign of the alliance being run poorly. It was a sign of the alliance being run well. The common element here is not Sion or the actions of leadership because if it were, Goonswarm would actually be imploding over it already. Goons aren't so dumb that they would miss the kind of gross mismanagement that Endie, DJ, et al are alleging.

As someone said earlier, sometimes when there is a lot of smoke it's just a bunch of people sitting around getting blazed. Which is fine as long as we recognize it for what it is. They have some high-quality chronic but that's about it. :420:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

YouTuber posted:

:laffo: Yeah, I'm going to start looking over my shoulder for Sideshow Sion.

I meant that I'd step down from Illum if I wasn't happy with it. But, frankly, I'd be willing to walk away from GSF too, if it took a turn I was genuinely uncomfortable with. As it stands, the only thing that makes me uncomfortable these days is atrum trying to flirt with me :blush:

(I actually did some thinking, around the time of the Blawrf non-drama, about what lines would have to be crossed for me to make me gently caress off. It was an interesting thought exercise. There's a few lines that would make me raise my voice and say "this isn't cool," and I would leave if that behavior didn't stop and things get resolved in NN hours... but nobody has come close to those lines, in my relatively short time in both GSF and Illum. The worst that's happened is "this is a dumb idea and I'm not participating in it.")

e: VVVV

:justpost:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Endie posted:

MMO
guild
drama

ITT: People giving a gently caress when it's not their turn to give a gently caress.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

crew posted:

You act like PL is innocent in the area of overreactions to security and intelligence things. Didnt you toss out gorski the darling of /r/eve and kick him off your AT team not long ago?

Also: "I want every dead motherfucker out of the alliance" remember that?

I wasn't active during that time frame but if my memory is correct Gorski was feeding information to Hydra about what fits and strategy we were practicing. Given that the Tourney ships are worth a shitload PL takes spying on the AT team very very seriously.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

Sideshow Sion

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah watching your twitch stream of this was actually what piqued my interest enough to resub for a bit. Gonna def do this in march just more kinda wondering what the state of things is now / what kinda ships are cool to use / what people do now. When I left it was all Tengu ratting and Hictor stuff mostly unless you were in a capship 24/7.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
there is a wide-reaching conspiracy of ex-directors trying to get that mad reddit karma, this must be the reason they are making GBS threads on us

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

I wasn't active during that time frame but if my memory is correct Gorski was feeding information to Hydra about what fits and strategy we were practicing. Given that the Tourney ships are worth a shitload PL takes spying on the AT team very very seriously.

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/index.php?/topic/619-gorski-car/#comment-5406

This is basically Penif explaining why he got kicked in public.

That Works posted:

Yeah watching your twitch stream of this was actually what piqued my interest enough to resub for a bit. Gonna def do this in march just more kinda wondering what the state of things is now / what kinda ships are cool to use / what people do now. When I left it was all Tengu ratting and Hictor stuff mostly unless you were in a capship 24/7.

Oh yeah, you're that dude from the SC thread. I enjoy the exploraiton poo poo, if you can get into an Astero you can do it and pretty much PVP the dummies who don't have combat fits on their ships trying to do it, and then steal the loot they were trying to get their hands on. It's pretty great for a "log in, casually do poo poo, log out" kinda thing. I don't know if GoonSwarm has an organized group for that sort of thing or not.

Dieting Hippo posted:

there is a wide-reaching conspiracy of ex-directors trying to get that mad reddit karma, this must be the reason they are making GBS threads on us

Same.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 24, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

YouTuber posted:

Trusting Gorski to keep anything secret is an exercise in futility.

Dieting Hippo posted:

No conspiracy, I think. But the karma thing, sadly, is kinda true, and it's not just ex-directors or Goons.

These days, whenever I see any new AMA thread on r/eve -- no matter who's creating it, or who they're pooping on -- I know that it's just someone trading one form of social validation for another. It's cashing out a few old stale friendships for 48 hours of upboats. (And hoping that Reddit actually still remembers who you are a week from now.)

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Oh so Gorski is currently in PL. Why the gently caress are we discussing him getting purged?

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

ullerrm posted:

Sideshow Sion.

No, no, it's German for "The En, The"

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

ullerrm posted:

No conspiracy, I think. But the karma thing, sadly, is kinda true, and it's not just ex-directors or Goons.

These days, whenever I see any new AMA thread on r/eve -- no matter who's creating it, or who they're pooping on -- I know that it's just someone trading one form of social validation for another. It's cashing out a few old stale friendships for 48 hours of upboats. (And hoping that Reddit actually still remembers who you are a week from now.)

i tried writing an ironypost for this but i will let it stand on its own.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

I keep hearing this complaint about reddit bad posts disappearing. There is a setting you have that "auto-hides" posts with "x" number of downvotes, at least go into account settings and check what's there.
I'm not saying reddit is good or bad or r/eve also, but complaining about non existent problems is kinda stupid .

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

Oh so Gorski is currently in PL. Why the gently caress are we discussing him getting purged?

I don't know, apparently it means something.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know, apparently it means something.

EVE Online: Getting emotionally invested in our ex-girlfriends new friends.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
did it for the karma~ is a hilarious thing to believe

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kazanir posted:

Everyone in the directorate up to and including Sion/Mittani and all of the finance people posting today will tell you that I'm the most Lawful Good motherfucker we have around here. [blah blah blah a bunch of stupid hurf]

Lmao okay then:

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

Denis posted:

I keep hearing this complaint about reddit bad posts disappearing. There is a setting you have that "auto-hides" posts with "x" number of downvotes, at least go into account settings and check what's there.
I'm not saying reddit is good or bad or r/eve also, but complaining about non existent problems is kinda stupid .

That's true, however:

- hardly anyone will ever do that because it's work;

- it isn't the (primary) problem anyway, that being that the eve subreddit itself autohides posts once you pass a certain number of personal reddit points (-100? idk if it changed) - ie it isn't that specific posts are hidden, it's a blanket thing to suppress specific people (or spammers, which afaik was the original background for the automoderation thing). I mean the things still exist, admins can approve them, but in an environment where effective topic lifetime is like 8-24 hours that again isn't meaningful.

(though amusingly it does unironically do a good job of hiding actual irredeemable shitposters, as I found out by going through 20+ accounts being one :v: )

So, yes, that's a thing you can turn off, but it doesn't really matter that you can.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Denis posted:

That works if you just want to bask in the majesty of your own posts. But if you want a discussion there are a couple of problems
Only mega spergs do that
It'll still get shoved at the bottom
Reddit is just a bad format

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also if EO are going to paint themselves as the chill bros in this drama, explain why you keep bobfrommarketing around please? Does he make good space wool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Berious posted:

Also if EO are going to paint themselves as the chill bros in this drama, explain why you keep bobfrommarketing around please? Does he make good space wool?

They're so chill they're chill with kid diddlers.

• Locked thread