Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
i wonder what kim dot com thinks about grain alcohol and rain water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

mishaq posted:

megaupload's entire business model was around enabling the sharing of copyrighted content, instead of it being a consequence of providing a sharing service

they indexed everything to facilitate finding illegal content easily

they purposefully dragged their feet on any requests to remove known copyrighted material hosted on their site, because thats how they made money

haha awesome

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

ive met kim dot com (nz is a small place, he is big)

kim is a weirdo who shouldnt be trusted. he was sure to lose after judge david harvey was ejected from the case after saying that a copyright problem was us, specifically the letters U. S.

so his extensive international criminal record or the fact that he lives in a drug dealer mansion paid for by running a pirate content site wasn't enough to sway your judgment of his character

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
kim.com i will be friends w/ you

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

megaupload's entire business model was around enabling the sharing of copyrighted content, instead of it being a consequence of providing a sharing service

they purposefully dragged their feet on any requests to remove known copyrighted material hosted on their site, because thats how they made money

didn't they also "remove" copyrighted works that had takedown notices by removing the resolution for whatever link was given in the request while keeping the content and having it still be searchable

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
also if multiple users had uploaded the exact same file hash wise, only the user the dmca was submited to was removed

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
even if that file was publicly accessible and not a private storage file

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

everyone should support kim dot com not being extradited to the us because the ongoing saga of incompetence is pretty funny

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lancemantis posted:

didn't they also "remove" copyrighted works that had takedown notices by removing the resolution for whatever link was given in the request while keeping the content and having it still be searchable

wouldnt surprise me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lancemantis posted:

kim is truly a hero of the free market

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Internaut! posted:

so his extensive international criminal record or the fact that he lives in a drug dealer mansion paid for by running a pirate content site wasn't enough to sway your judgment of his character

i tink he was a good guy. misunderstood

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582LRAhQg3I&hd=1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmao u mother fucker

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

suffix posted:

they should put soap in the water to save me from even more tedious personal hygiene tasks

just have the fire dep't blast my filthy hovel once a month (all concrete with drains in the floors) so i don't have to clean, ever

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BONGHITZ posted:

what is a real study?

one that actually reaches a conclusion rather than "well, we didn't actually study the effects, we're just drawing a conclusion because we kind of have to to justify our funding, so eh go for it"

every study you see starts with "we know fluoride helps when used in a controlled lab environment" and then segues into "however we can't actually prove a benefit in a significant enough population, so we'll just draw the conclusion that it certainly doesn't hurt" and then it's used to justify dumping industrial waste in drinking water supplies

Stymie fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 24, 2016

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Panty Saluter posted:

just have the fire dep't blast my filthy hovel once a month (all concrete with drains in the floors) so i don't have to clean, ever

Only registered members can see post attachments!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
hi I'm Mona dotcom AMA

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The part about getting cucked by the youth that was hired to play video games is pretty great, however I also feel bad about the swans

pram
Jun 10, 2001
has the fat man been disappeared to a secret prison yet

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

pram posted:

has the fat man been disappeared to a secret prison yet

Disappearing him would take some doing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
he is a very fat man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
epic girthery

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

ive met kim dot com (nz is a small place, he is big)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

mishaq posted:

iirc this isn't really true

there was no publicly available indexing. i do vaguely remember there may have been a public search function early in the site's existence (or maybe that was another locker i forget) but for the last few years before it was shut down i remember having to rely on google searches for :filez: which was still stupidly easy (and the results would be via 3rd party forums where uploaders shared their links, there was no evidence of googlebot being given extra access lol)

obviously they did index it internally though and yeah the skype logs show that got abused a lot as kim and his lieutenants looked up various files and shared links with like an insider group of top uploaders or whatever, literally encouraging piracy

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

big scary monsters posted:

i don't really care about kim.com, but death to america imo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mido posted:

does anyone actually know through what mechanisms he's being extradited? or are we just makin assumptions

i suppose fulton has been ruled out?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
a container on a cargo ship from new zealand to the us is cheap

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
we are getting a special cargo helicopter in

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

bobbilljim posted:

we are getting a special cargo helicopter in

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol he is fat as HECK

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

OFF TO THE POUND ME IN THE rear end FEDERAL PRISON

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

OFF TO THE POUND ME IN THE rear end FEDERAL PRISON

Hey, Fat rear end. Fat rear end! Talk to me boy! I know you're there I can hear you breathin'. Don't you listen to these nitwits you hear me? This place ain't so bad. Tell you what, I'll introduce you around, make you feel right at home. I know a couple of big old bull queers that'd just love to make you're acquaintance. Especially that big, white, mushy butt of yours.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i cannot fathom me, a lower-middle-class weakling nobody, having modest taste and making the occasional 3 figgie splurge, going to federal pound me in the rear end prison. i extremely cannot fathom going that path, coming from the excess kim built around himself

imagine the first three days of that ordeal

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

what are you saying, what does money have to do with lard-man prison rape?? it would be less awful for scum like you? not following i think

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that watch, those shoes, christ

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
~brogue boots~ please, your finest pair

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
has anyone said kim dot cucked yet

ed: lawl

Adbot