Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I've missed P Sullivan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You were right on with regards to Reflector Mage, Elyv.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Blood Moon is the worst kind of silver bullet, I don't think they're wrong to not reprint it.

nonbasic mana denial to make decks shy about having all the colors is probably for a format like modern/legacy/vintage than not. I can't wait for modern jund to splash white again to run souls and RW ajani or whatever because yolo 4c goodstuff.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
quite possibly the worst thing i have heard today is that at least 2 people in the world think Taco Bell is good food

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

quite possibly the worst thing i have heard today is that at least 2 people in the world think Taco Bell is good food

Were they really drunk and/or high? Because in that case, it can be forgiven.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

kizudarake posted:

Were they really drunk and/or high? Because in that case, it can be forgiven.

Two pro Magic players think it's good food, which is tragic but expected.

All this talk of tacos is making me hungry enough to fix my own though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It depends what you mean by "good food."

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Isn't Qdoba's a thing in the states?

Why would you go to Taco Bell

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It certainly is edible.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have no idea what Qdoba's is.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
A lot of magic players make the mistake of having poo poo jobs while having a very expensive hobby. They can't afford high end fast food.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Taco bell is great food and terrible at the same time. It's like Siege Rhino.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Chipotle has pretty much put Qdoba out of business in my area.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

mcmagic posted:

Chipotle has pretty much put Qdoba out of business in my area.

Same in Chicago which is a shame because Qdoba had pro-tier fast food nachos. Probably my non-Mexican stomach but I just never do well with nachos from the taquerias.

Also, magic related am I nuts for wanting to take out Gideons from Abzan and replace with Surrak the Hunt Caller? Just seems like going more aggro is better this tandard.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

jassi007 posted:

nonbasic mana denial to make decks shy about having all the colors is probably for a format like modern/legacy/vintage than not. I can't wait for modern jund to splash white again to run souls and RW ajani or whatever because yolo 4c goodstuff.
I agree that there should be more nonbasic hate, but a sideboard card that prevents your opponent from casting spells leads to bad games. More incremental stuff like Tec Edge would be better.

Rinkles posted:

Also whoever was talking about Sylvan Advocate was probably right, it seems to be the best 2 drop for Abzan. Once people start activating Shambling Vent and swinging with it on the power becomes pretty obvious.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I just want a back to basics reprint :(

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Anyone else getting a stuttering scg stream? Some higher quality streams out there are just fine yet scg is being a piece of poo poo.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

woohoo, although I was off on the shell

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So is now the best time to buy fetches if I want a playset of the allied fetches? I feel like they aren't going to really go down in price in rotation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

woohoo, although I was off on the shell

It's week one. Rally is a natural fit, but I'm sure people will at least experiment with it in different decks now that it's power is plain to see. Could also be a sideboard card.

I want to see if that colorless abzan deck from harerurya has legs. I don't think anything similar popped up on scg. Was there even a single thought knot?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

It's week one. Rally is a natural fit, but I'm sure people will at least experiment with it in different decks now that it's power is plain to see. Could also be a sideboard card.

I want to see if that colorless abzan deck from harerurya has legs. I don't think anything similar popped up on scg. Was there even a single thought knot?

I think one of the GR drazi decks was running it? Really low showing on one of the hyped up cards from the set.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Fiend Computer posted:

So is now the best time to buy fetches if I want a playset of the allied fetches? I feel like they aren't going to really go down in price in rotation.

They probably won't go down.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

It depends what you mean by "good food."

good food just means "doesn't make me wanna kill myself after eating it"

taco bell fails this test (unless im eating cinnamon rings, my love of cinnamon overrides my distaste of being at a taco bell)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

the fetches are played in literally all formats, i don't think they'll go down much if at all

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

TheKingofSprings posted:

with qdoba you a) pay twice the cost b) have to get out of your car and stand in a line

and thats just less time at the shop generating Value.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Qdoba is just a bad Chipotle, neither is open after midnight. Taco Bell has a place, Qdoba doesn't.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The peak of people opening fetches has passed, since nobody is drafting KTK or FRF anymore. Buy 'em now if you want 'em.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Part of the problem with the Rainbow Standard is that land hate is virtually nonexistent, so you see people running hilariously greedy four color mana bases with twelve fetches and a color that has like two lands in the deck that can actually tap for it. This would be suicidal in a format where Ghost Quarter and Fulminator Mage existed but in standard the only thing that will punish you is gimmick decks.

EDIT: and the next matchup is Abzan Blue vs Jeskai Black.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 24, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cool game decided by land drops.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I like how in a top 8 that consists of BR dragons, abzan company, jeskai black, abzan blue, mono G eldrazi, 5c BtL, atarka red and UR prowess they chose to show the most boring possible matchup.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Meanwhile on Maro's blog :

quote:

dandy2good asked: Will there be a magic video game?

There is one. It’s called Magic Duels.

uh uh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'm not sure i understand your complaint?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Voyager I posted:

Part of the problem with the Rainbow Standard is that land hate is virtually nonexistent, so you see people running hilariously greedy four color mana bases with twelve fetches and a color that has like two lands in the deck that can actually tap for it. This would be suicidal in a format where Ghost Quarter and Fulminator Mage existed but in standard the only thing that will punish you is gimmick decks.

Some kind of land and yard hate would be pretty nice right now.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I like how in a top 8 that consists of BR dragons, abzan company, jeskai black, abzan blue, mono G eldrazi, 5c BtL, atarka red and UR prowess they chose to show the most boring possible matchup.

You don't like 4 color good stuff vs 4 color other kind of good stuff garbage?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
:I

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I think they always choose 1st place vs 8th place to show first.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Some kind of land and yard hate would be pretty nice right now.

To be fair, if there was any sort of land interaction, there's no way the Rally deck would ever be able to exist. BUG splashing WW is kind of absurd.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Voyager I posted:

The biggest crime of Rainbow Standard is there are no super strong 5 colour cards so I can be a Power Ranger in standard

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ramos posted:

I think they always choose 1st place vs 8th place to show first.

yeah

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The biggest crime of Rainbow Standard is there are no super strong 5 colour cards so I can be a Power Ranger in standard

Actually the Power Rangers are four-color non-black.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Legacy Weapon should be in this format so the Eldrazi could actually have been destroyed for good by rainbow lasers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

suicidesteve posted:

To be fair, if there was any sort of land interaction, there's no way the Rally deck would ever be able to exist. BUG splashing WW is kind of absurd.

I'm perfectly okay with that. All they have to do is scrub green and not have all the good stuff and their manabase would be okay.

• Locked thread