Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

Jon is gonna die again, so will Arya and Dany will win the war but is barren so the Targharyan dynasty dies. Spoilers.

Could you rephrase this as say not just a one line summary but maybe three thousand pages or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

zVxTeflon posted:

cool now i dont have to pretend i have Aids

Yes. Pretend.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

kater posted:

Could you rephrase this as say not just a one line summary but maybe three thousand pages or so?

Just add words are wind x500, the detailed description of scores of feasts, and like 7 more rapes. Bam.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

zVxTeflon posted:

one of us should fake a make-a-wish illness and get him to tell us the ending

Jon Snow is going to broker an alliance with the Others and they'll band together to defeat Mad Queen Danaerys, the invader from the East. There will be an uneasy truce between the Others and the southerners that neither party will be satisfied with, but it will be peace. Eventually they will fade back into myth and will only be recalled in the frankly strange traditions practiced in House Snow, the family of the Wardens of the North.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh wait this is the show thread. Jon and Dany will meet up and use dragons to kill all the White Walkers and then the people of Westeros will just hand the throne to Dany. She'll take Jon for her king and have lots of babies because it turns out Jon being a fire zombie counteracts Dany's curse and this was actually Melisandre's plan all along.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
But literally all the other main characters are dead except Tyrion who does the actual ruling and Ramsay Bolton who is the Warden of the North because he flayed a dragon and Jon is terrified of him.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 24, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Potato boy is the 1000th and also youngest ever Lord Commander and Bronn has a castle so big he would die of old age before he could walk to the exit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Balon Greyjoy is still around because the writers forgot about him when they wrote the great culling in episode 9.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sam is found dead in a basement surrounded by pizza boxes and scribing scrolls with pages from Wild Cards on them. The scene has already been shot but D&D are saving it for the episode after Gurm dies.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Im decently sure that D&D are likely sexual devients.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The last episode will be titled "Stoneheart" and the previouslies will show Cat's throat-slitting and Jon's resurrection but the only allusion will be during Jon and Dany's pillow talk. He'll say he never really felt upset over her death and Dany will say Northmen truly have hearts of stone but he'll give her the Lord's Kiss and she takes it back.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
They'll have Masie Williams doing a nude scene next season for sure, D&D won't be able to help themselves

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Austrian mook posted:

They'll have Masie Williams doing a nude scene next season for sure, D&D won't be able to help themselves

Just like they did with Sophie Turner?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Arya gets raped and Jaq'en will tell her she can't take revenge if she wants to be a Faceless Man. She does it anyway but when she tracks down her rapist he pulls off his face and it was Jaq'en all along. He informs her that she failed the test and stabs her dead with Needle.

E: Yeah they'll do a rape scene, not a nude scene.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The arc of Roz pretty perfectly demonstrates D&D bringing their troubling sexual proclivities into the series, to disastrous effects.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Whatever they do, it will be better than whatever George shits out in 2019.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Steve2911 posted:

Just like they did with Sophie Turner?

The deviants decided to skip such pedestrian vanilla pleasantries as nude scenes and go straight to inviting her parents to show up on set to watch their daughter's rape.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

hanales posted:

Whatever they do, it will be better than whatever George shits out in 2019.

Nearly everything George has written is remarkably better than the show. There are some notable exceptions sure, but even the books at their worst is far better than the show at its worse.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

Nearly everything George has written is remarkably better than the show. There are some notable exceptions sure, but even the books at their worst is far better than the show at its worse.

Quoting this because it's the truth. How can anyone think the cock merchant and bad pussy are equal to a sprawling deconstruction of what war actually reaps for the people that was AFFC/ADWD?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It really is jarring to go from the delicate political instability of Jon's reign as lord commander to.... well Olly lol

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I'm not a big fan of the last two books and I don't think GRRM is really a great writer, but even I can recognize that his story is way better than what's being show on TV, for the most part.

Too bad he stopped writing, while D&D keep going.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
No, he just got cut off before he finished the finale. The editors pressured George into releasing DWD unfinished, it was originally supposed to contain the battle for Winterfell and the War at Mereen

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ADWD works fine with the ending it has. There's nothing inherently wrong with cliffhangers, especially when there's so much other good stuff going on. While reading the book I was never exactly hotly anticipating the two battles. That's not the sort of content I read this series for.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Austrian mook posted:

No, he just got cut off before he finished the finale. The editors pressured George into releasing DWD unfinished, it was originally supposed to contain the battle for Winterfell and the War at Mereen

That's is not the issue here. The issue is the fact he was unable to finish the next book.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I dunno I enjoy the TV show versus the aimless meandering without ever actually getting to the point.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dunno I enjoy the TV show versus the aimless meandering without ever actually getting to the point.

aimless meandering without ever getting to the point vs getting to the point in 2 or 3 scenes in the most stupid nonsense way

those are the choices we have

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The show can't even get to the point. Every character was left with a cliff hanger last season except Myrcella.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kater posted:

The show can't even get to the point. Every character was left with a cliff hanger last season except Myrcella.

That's standard soap opera stuff.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If GRRM was allowed to "finish" ADWD instead of the publishers forcing it out in 2011 do you think it would even be out yet?

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If GRRM was allowed to "finish" ADWD instead of the publishers forcing it out in 2011 do you think it would even be out yet?

https://youtu.be/riYNSSRjoEA

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

kater posted:

Yep. Even that plotline was left up in the air since we don't have any idea what the ramifications of that action are going to be. Pretty loving stupid if you ask me.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Complaining about how unfair when an artist is "rushed" to put out any kind of content whatsoever once a decade and defending George R "Dany making GBS threads in a field" R Martien, aka Pinkmast, aka Dogrape Bastard, aka AFFC aka The American Tolkien are both correct and good opinions.

D&D have their problems but at least they gave us Hardhome, which is better some blog posts whining about lost blog posts.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Complaining about how unfair when an artist is "rushed" to put out any kind of content whatsoever once a decade and defending George R "Dany making GBS threads in a field" R Martien, aka Pinkmast, aka Dogrape Bastard, aka AFFC aka The American Tolkien are both correct and good opinions.

D&D have their problems but at least they gave us Hardhome, which is better some blog posts whining about lost blog posts.

Hardhome is fun, but ultimately was a bad idea and made season 5 worse for it's inclusion. Also, good job handpicking scenes from a massive tome of a book to try and make him look worse. Let's just forget about all of the incredible parts of the last 2 books, which greatly outnumber the negatives. I swear, most of you haven't even read these books or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm posting in the tv forum why would the hell would I read?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm posting in the tv forum why would the hell would I read?

To experience the real story

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I thought season 5 was the weakest season so far, and I'm rather dubious about season 6 being worth a poo poo. Some of D&D's original content is good, but for every bit that is good there is bad pussy. Say what you will about that fat gently caress but most of the series' best moments/dialogue are still ones he's written.

In saying that, the show is still better than most tv that is out there.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Sometimes GRRM can't help himself and gets too horny when he's writing but aside from that I dont have any problem with his stuff. Even all of that isnt as bad as when D&D apparently accidentally wrote in Jamie raping his sister.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo you are an insufferable little twat. Are you really going to keep f5ing and making every other post in this thread to keep reminding us tv watching grognards the superior of gurms flawless written word? I'm sure there are some threads in the book barn that need to be endlessly fellatiated or something.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Holy poo poo you are an insufferable little twat. Are you really going to keep f5ing and making every other post in this thread to keep reminding us tv watching grognards the superior of gurms flawless written word? I'm sure there are some threads in the book barn that need to be endlessly fellatiated or something.

It's always the people with children's cartoon avatars who end up being the most emotinaly unstable and quick to anger. Every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just started reading the books and did you know that Jaime throws a little kid out of a window in like the third chapter?

• Locked thread