Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Well I'm "stuck" with the thing for now, but I really like it.

Well 300 bucks is cheaper than 3000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

davebo posted:

Couldn't tell you, because we got so much god drat snow in the suburbs that I can't even ride it. Suboptimal got the same bike and got to ride it around D.C. since the streets only had a bit of snow on them, and I can tell you he had an absolute blast. All I was able to do was walk to the beer store and get my fiance some more Not Your Father's Root Beer and me some Sam Adams Nitro White Ale which I haven't tried yet. It's crappy that when you're snowed in you sit around drinking then wake up with a hangover and have to shovel snow, but I'm fixin' to do the exact same thing tomorrow.
Yeah, yeah everyone's going crazy being stuck inside for days. Have another beer and go watch some more Netflix.

Edit: Lol, I thought this was the DC thread. Luckily I bought some of this before the snow:

mystes has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jan 25, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just wanted to say that I got last-minute tickets to The Book of Mormon and it was a lot if fun.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Nessie ladle

Manatee tea strainer

Because my kitchen is lacking in cute animal designed stuff. :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean I suppose it's all right but it's no robot.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Since I'm a stupid nerd and I've got back into board games recently.
(Which as nerdy things go hanging in a pub having some beers playing games with other chill guys isn't so bad.)
I brought Super Dungeon Explore! : Forgotten King mainly because it was only £30 on Amazon.

Nice. I backed Arcadia Quest Inferno, very similar style games:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Got some shirts.

(Couldn't find this one online)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Toast Museum posted:

Got some shirts.

JFC

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
PUA or insufferable hipster...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

PUA or insufferable hipster...

why not both?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toast Museum posted:

Got some shirts.

I am laughing my butt off.
My butt has fallen
And it can't get up.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Terrible clothing purchases are pretty much all Toast Museum ever posts about in this thread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

Got some shirts.

Are you Lee Mack and/or Sean Locke on 00s BBC comedy quiz shows?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bottom Liner posted:

Nice. I backed Arcadia Quest Inferno, very similar style games:

Maybe with enough treasure you can buy big titty anime girl some functional armor in the game

Wanamingo posted:

Terrible clothing purchases are pretty much all Toast Museum ever posts about in this thread

Solid glass house lol at this

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Some clothes:

And some stuff for the walls:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NotAnArtist posted:

Solid glass house lol at this

Haha, guilty

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

My wife thought it would be a good idea to visit this lovely place on the first day of our Bonaire vacation.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Wanamingo posted:

Haha, guilty

:respek:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tenterhooks posted:

A little Captain Haddock statue for my shelf. I'm not even particularly into Tintin but I thought it was a lovely thing. Available from the official Tintin shop.

So because of your post I spent way too much money on expensive toys. 4 model planes from Hergé's comics. I was happily surprised the first time when I saw the price on the shop (I live next to the Hergé museum and usually these things are sold twice that price), and a second time when I received my package. I expected plastic models by they are in fact metal and quite nice.

They'll find their place on my comic book shelf next to these two fellas. I sense a recurring theme here. Yes I do like seaplanes why are you asking?

mystes
May 31, 2006

[Insert "floats your boat" / flying boat / floatplane joke here]

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So because of your post I spent way too much money on expensive toys. 4 model planes from Hergé's comics. I was happily surprised the first time when I saw the price on the shop (I live next to the Hergé museum and usually these things are sold twice that price), and a second time when I received my package. I expected plastic models by they are in fact metal and quite nice.

They'll find their place on my comic book shelf next to these two fellas. I sense a recurring theme here. Yes I do like seaplanes why are you asking?

The stands look uggo but gently caress those models are dope

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oh man, those are nice. Happy to help! (+ my condolences to your wallet)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
New shower caddy, my old one was one of those vertical tension rod ones with all the bins and it's awful.

"World's smallest bluetooth earbud" it's probably gonna be lovely but it's $12 and seems to be based on the Apple Earpod design, which fits my ear perfectly.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Toast Museum posted:

Got some shirts.

I think it's unfair how much we made fun of these shits but no one has given this person poo poo for their terrible choice in art. They are pretty much equivalent.

Spamtheman posted:

And some stuff for the walls:

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

aricoarena posted:

I think it's unfair how much we made fun of these shits but no one has given this person poo poo for their terrible choice in art. They are pretty much equivalent.

It's not anime erotica or comic book prints, so it gets a pass for :effort:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the fox one.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

aricoarena posted:

The only one questionable is the sriracha one.

Other than that, you're trying too hard.

Archives
Nov 23, 2008
Those shirts are cool.

For iranians to wear.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Archives posted:

Those shirts are cool.

For iranians to wear.

probably too cool imo

its currently 3degs in tehran

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Archives posted:

Those shirts are cool.

For iranians to wear.

To the public stoning

Edit: idiot.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nothing like a new pair of leather pants to remind you that you need to lose a few pounds

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just bought tickets to see Josh Homme and Iggy Pop in concert.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

AFewBricksShy posted:

I just bought tickets to see Josh Homme and Iggy Pop in concert.

I might do that tomorrow but the rumored ticket prices for London are eye-watering. I've already dropped a tidy sum in the past few weeks for At The Drive-In in March and two NFL games at Wembley in October.

And today I ordered a new oven:

Bit of a budget choice, but the reviews were good.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I might do that tomorrow but the rumored ticket prices for London are eye-watering. I've already dropped a tidy sum in the past few weeks for At The Drive-In in March and two NFL games at Wembley in October.

And today I ordered a new oven:

Bit of a budget choice, but the reviews were good.

Double ovens are the best. We just bought a new gas double oven ourselves and small (pizza) oven is the bomb.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Got my first heating bill in the new house, and drat is it alot...

So we paid this guy to inspect / clean our chimney so we can just burn wood the rest of the winter...

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

fyallm posted:

Got my first heating bill in the new house, and drat is it alot...

So we paid this guy to inspect / clean our chimney so we can just burn wood the rest of the winter...

Do you have a cast stove or insert for your fireplace? If your plan is to try and heat your home from an open wood fireplace, most of the heat from your fire will be lost right up the flue and may induce a draft pulling warm air from the rest of the house right along with it. This will pull cold outside air in through all the intrusions throughout your house.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

goku chewbacca posted:

Do you have a cast stove or insert for your fireplace? If your plan is to try and heat your home from an open wood fireplace, most of the heat from your fire will be lost right up the flue and may induce a draft pulling warm air from the rest of the house right along with it. This will pull cold outside air in through all the intrusions throughout your house.

The insert is coming next, still figuring out which one we like the most before dropping a few grand.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

fyallm posted:

The insert is coming next, still figuring out which one we like the most before dropping a few grand.

Check craiglist, too. Not sure where you're at, but there are usually some floating around on my small craiglist site.

I had a wood burning insert in our chimney when we bought the place but it didn't have a blower so I didn't really like it. A lot of work, and until you got the stove up and hot, to get the radiant heat you needed to keep that bad boy pumping. I think it would have been a lot better with a blower.

Now I have a wood pellet insert and I like it a lot. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I contemplated getting a pellet stove insert for my fireplace but I hate dealing with firewood and I would hate dealing with bags of pellets, baseboard hot water is so much easier and more pleasant, of course this depends on your local weather

source: living in maine since i was 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I bought an expensive pair of speakers with the matching stands. Revel M105, if anyone is curious.

They sound so drat good.