Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing 13 company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

LordAba posted:

I'm guessing 13 company?

Yeah. The word is that the next big 40k release is a campaign with Space Wolves 13th company vs. Daemons (w/Daemon formations)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Some days, I've found myself wondering how Mega Man's jump sprite would look in three dimensions.

We've found the answer. It's beautiful.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Not gonna lie, I might buy a set of those, and paint them up in power jorts.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think the dude in the middle is Murderfang before he died.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
No, GW, leave the 13th Company alone! It's like seeing my high school sweetheart working at a Piggly-Wiggly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Lord Twisted posted:

Looks a bit poo poo if you ask me... overdesigned like the AoS stuff. Also sleeveless marines always look loving terrible imo

OK, what is the guy in the middle actually doing? He's flung his arms out for some reason, and he's got his knee up, but it doesn't look like he's landing from a jump because he's on a tiny little rock, and it doesn't look like he's trying to jump INTO someone because of the COME AT ME BRO pose and the fact that he's entirely vertical, so he's... riverdancing? Doing the can-can?

gently caress me these sculptors are terrible.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

thespaceinvader posted:

OK, what is the guy in the middle actually doing? He's flung his arms out for some reason, and he's got his knee up, but it doesn't look like he's landing from a jump because he's on a tiny little rock, and it doesn't look like he's trying to jump INTO someone because of the COME AT ME BRO pose and the fact that he's entirely vertical, so he's... riverdancing? Doing the can-can?

gently caress me these sculptors are terrible.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I've never liked Wulfen models and these look just as Planet of the Apes as the old metal ones. Even when I played Space Wolves I didn't use those guys.

So I've signed a lease for a place starting in July which means I should be able to hamslam with you fuckers at NOVA. I'm bringing my Ultras to the UK for the Independent Characters Comeback Tour in April but by NOVA I might actually have enough Orks to play a respectable force.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Forget the Tai Chi dude, what the hell is going on with Hamlet there in the foreground, who appears to be armed only with the Skull of Yorick?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Texmo posted:

Forget the Tai Chi dude, what the hell is going on with Hamlet there in the foreground, who appears to be armed only with the Skull of Yorick?

He'll be the thrower for my Skullball team.

Germ
May 7, 2013

SRM posted:

Skullball team.

Holy poo poo, this is a sport that has to become a miniatures game! Somebody kickstart this, pronto.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I hate the Space Puppies but to see them slowly go from Space Vikings to cargo-short wearing werewolves just seems wrong.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

I've never liked Wulfen models and these look just as Planet of the Apes as the old metal ones. Even when I played Space Wolves I didn't use those guys.

So I've signed a lease for a place starting in July which means I should be able to hamslam with you fuckers at NOVA. I'm bringing my Ultras to the UK for the Independent Characters Comeback Tour in April but by NOVA I might actually have enough Orks to play a respectable force.

No amount of orks etc

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

FEED ME YOUR ORKS

I'm already crazy excited about NOVA. Even though I live like 10 minutes away, I think I'm gonna stay at the hotel this year.

The gently caress do I need all this money for anyways?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Speckled Jim posted:

Looking at the recent releases, AOS dwarves and chaos models in particular, it seems GW has some weird obsession with half naked buff dudes lately. Cant wait for the new Chaos marines to drop wearing nothing but loin cloths and looking like body builders at a rave

Unironically would love this as new noise marines.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

The Sex Cannon posted:

I think I'm gonna stay at the hotel this year.

Best news I've heard in a long time.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Speckled Jim posted:

Looking at the recent releases, AOS dwarves and chaos models in particular, it seems GW has some weird obsession with half naked buff dudes lately. Cant wait for the new Chaos marines to drop wearing nothing but loin cloths and looking like body builders at a rave

Custodes when?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Is the wolfman in front doing Hamlet?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Speckled Jim posted:

it seems GW has some weird obsession with half naked buff dudes lately.

Agreed, I wish they would give us the full-nude male models we've been demanding already.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
They don't even look like they are wearing power armor.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Oh, look at the time, abandon all hope after wasting so much time into this lovely game.

Huh, every single mark on my watch says that in teeny-tiny letters. I never noticed that until now.

I think I threw-out my third edition rulebook, too. It was a poo poo game but the nostalgia is there and the rules were extremely simple.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uroboros posted:

They don't even look like they are wearing power armor.

Yeah, it looks like they're wearing Native American style laced buckskin pants.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

those SW look stupid lol

I thought the dude in the front had a huge open mouth for a second. Where his dumb snarling actual mouth is, I thought it was a nose.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm more bothered that they are going to tie up the 13th company. Its like they are taking all the cool mysterious things and wrapping them up for some reason... age of emperor

The only cool thing about this is that its now basically assumed Chaos wins after the 13th black crusade

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
I haven't played 40K in over nine years,but I've been talked into playing again by my nephew. I was going to buy the rules on iTunes but I'm not sure they are the latest and greatest. The last thing I need is another copy of out of date rules.

I'm a long time Guard player, are there any major changes regarding how they play?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Crayvex posted:

I'm a long time Guard player, are there any major changes regarding how they play?

Orders are like an extra bonus per turn provided you remember to give them. Imagine a combined blob of 45 Lasguns. Cool, right? Get a psyker to cast Prescience on them, then issue the order "First rank fire, second rank fire!"

You now have 90 shots that can reroll to hit.

The Wyvern is king. Get 3. TWELVE S4 AP 6 shots with not just scatter rerolls but also reroll failed to wound. And they ignore cover.

They can be more mobile now, they're no longer required to essentially stay still however if you have an Aegis defense line it can help tremendously.

There's lots more, Guard are p good currently.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Guard can also ally with any Imperial army under the sun, so if you want to add some Marines or Admech or whatever to them, you can make a cool combined arms force. Stormtroopers can also be taken in platoons which is neat but now they're called Tempestus Scions which is less neat.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
I can't imagine buying any more models to ally with. I already have too many guardsmen and tanks. Are these the latest rules?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000-iBook

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

SRM posted:

Stormtroopers can also be taken in platoons which is neat but now they're called Tempestus Scions which is less neat.

All of the storm trooper lore changes are really bad unfortunately.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 26, 2016

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

All of the storm trooper lord changes are really bad unfortunately.

Which is why I'm just going to roll mine as Veterans once I build a couple of more of them.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Crayvex posted:

I can't imagine buying any more models to ally with. I already have too many guardsmen and tanks. Are these the latest rules?

Fair. And yeah, they're the latest rules.

The Kingfish posted:

All of the storm trooper lord changes are really bad unfortunately.
What do you mean?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Crayvex posted:

Toss in that, the FW rules like IA and every other supplement. All are legal and there are a ton.

And don't even think about formations, even if they suck for Guard.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm more bothered that they are going to tie up the 13th company. Its like they are taking all the cool mysterious things and wrapping them up for some reason... age of emperor

The only cool thing about this is that its now basically assumed Chaos wins after the 13th black crusade

Silence your whoretic mouth...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Nuhuh. If they let Cadia fall, that will probably be a wise course of action. There's plenty of ways they could not have the EoT engulf everything. Strategic withdrawal from the planet, and then just reinforce the gently caress out of the surrounding space. Have Grimnar and Bjorn die in an awesome final stand to allow the planet time to evacuate, fighting back to back with Russ himself. Grimnar and Bjorn would sacrifice themselves for Russ, allowing him time to escape. Have an event maybe in 015.m42 called Reconquest of Cadia led by Russ and his bro Corax.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 25, 2016

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Are Tyranids and Orks close in terms of power?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Are Tyranids and Orks close in terms of power?

Codex wise or lore wise?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I painted this guardsman and he came out super grumpy. Dude just isn't having a good time in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Nice clean paintjob, looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

Nice clean paintjob, looks great.

Thanks! I'm trying to keep it pretty simple with these guys because I have so many of the little bastards to paint.

Speaking of Imperial Guard, what are everyone's thoughts on Sentinel loadouts? I really want to get one and paint it up because mechs are rad.

• Locked thread