Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

So if I want to have access to all the games content, all I need to do is subscribe, right? Since subscribers get KotFE for free, and it includes previous expansions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
And any KotFE episodes that you'd have while subbed should remain available once it runs out.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How possible would it be for a pair to duo normal flashpoints while leveling up using companions to tank/heal?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Verranicus posted:

How possible would it be for a pair to duo normal flashpoints while leveling up using companions to tank/heal?

Easy.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Nice, I was wondering if (Consular, end of act 2 spoilers) Blaseus was gonna pull a Kaizer Soze.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So I just started KotFE last night and holy poo poo do I ever like it. They really did double down on KotOR3, eh?

If they put out something this good every 6 months or so I'll stay subscribed forever.

When we returned to Zakuul I changed outfits including a full face helmet, thinking my earlier "black-robed badass with glowing red lights" I wore all through the capture and escape was a little conspicuous. It was pretty funny to me when after that some random person recognized me as the Outlander and called me in to the cops. "Hey... wait a second... I've never seen that person before and in fact cannot see them now but their body shape is suspiciously similar to the Outlander, they have arms and legs! AND A HEAD!"

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

JonathonSpectre posted:

So I just started KotFE last night and holy poo poo do I ever like it. They really did double down on KotOR3, eh?

If they put out something this good every 6 months or so I'll stay subscribed forever.

When we returned to Zakuul I changed outfits including a full face helmet, thinking my earlier "black-robed badass with glowing red lights" I wore all through the capture and escape was a little conspicuous. It was pretty funny to me when after that some random person recognized me as the Outlander and called me in to the cops. "Hey... wait a second... I've never seen that person before and in fact cannot see them now but their body shape is suspiciously similar to the Outlander, they have arms and legs! AND A HEAD!"

Arcann broadcasts your image later and you're in whatever you have on at the time.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
***TONIGHT - 7PM EST***

Scum and Villainy goon group

come get your gear/fun with goons

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pinkk posted:

***TONIGHT - 7PM EST***

Scum and Villainy goon group

come get your gear/fun with goons

Oh hey you know how I said I would log on at 7 to help with this? I completely forgot I was having dinner with a couple friends. I might not make it - but I'll try. Post and let me know if you start getting enough and I'll see what I can do to rush out.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Question:

I've stacked up all these bonus XP for 1 hour consumables that I've never used. I've noticed that when you log out most other timed abilities dont' tick down while you're offline - I've got a few jedi buffs that stay on and resume counting down when I log on. Are the consumables that way or should I just save them for when I have a solid block of time?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Question:

I've stacked up all these bonus XP for 1 hour consumables that I've never used. I've noticed that when you log out most other timed abilities dont' tick down while you're offline - I've got a few jedi buffs that stay on and resume counting down when I log on. Are the consumables that way or should I just save them for when I have a solid block of time?

XP boosts don't tick down when you are offline

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Question:

They also don't tick down during cutscenes which can be helpful if you need to stretch the time a little

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What was that one chestpiece someones Jedi Knight had that was armored but had the fabric around the neck? Is it possible to get for a costume at low levels?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Highlights of the tactical I just did:

- Sin "tank," using a shield by some miracle, but also in half-dps gear and Surging Charge
- DPS sin constantly pre-casting Overcharge Saber out of combat
- DPS sin opening most fights, causing me to pour heals into him until I eventually peeled everything and died
- Sin "tank" sometimes opening with Whirlwind but then just immediately attacking whatever he just lifted (mostly just with his basic attack, but to be fair that's probably because he was using a single-bladed lightsaber so he most likely didn't have access to much else)
- Sin "tank" constantly telling us what a good job we were doing as we wiped our way to victory over a period of nearly two hours (False Emperor)
- Note that everyone was 65

I think I only stuck around because at this point I have Stockholm syndrome with lovely pubbies and kind of love it when things are a disaster.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Am quite pleased with the outfits I came up with tonight, spending around 8 million credits total. Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

For my Operative I was looking for something relatively simple but still somewhat rugged. I was torn between this and some combination involving the Saul Karath set, but the complete set wasn't on the GTN so I ended up with this.

Wanted to be as imposing as possible as a Juggernaut and this seems to work.

I was going for something like an old timey knight with this one, and am really pleased with how it came out. Probably my favourite one. Was planning to go for a cathar honor sword to go with it but gently caress no I'm not dropping 33 million.

There were a lot of appropriate choices for my Smuggler, but this one kinda just jumped out at me. Not too flashy, but different enough from regular gear that he stands out.

I kind of role play my Trooper as a fairly ruthless FOR THE REPUBLIC type guy, and I could totally see him wading into a force of imperial troops and coming out looking like this by the end of it.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
For the first time, I have said, "This is bullshit!" out loud at TOR. Sith Warrior spoiler:

So Captain Quinn is going to betray me and attempt to flat-out murder me on the orders of the Piglet of the Opera and I let him live?!?! gently caress me, I've killed people because they didn't like my outfit, and I'm going to let this dude keep hanging out on my ship and having access to my stuff? He zapped my woman to the ground and tried to use calculus or some poo poo to destroy me and my response is to just choke him a little and wag a finger at him? Boo. Boo that plot "twist." Boo. I'd have been perfectly fine with an empty spot in my crew list, or even one that had him with a big red X over his face and "TRAITOR: ELIMINATED" next to it. Hey, let's hope he's on the up and up now and doesn't pilot the ship into a star!

Little twerp. And to think I actually kind of liked him.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Back in beta you actually could off him, but then you had no healer pet so were hosed and thus they changed it. I imagine in future KotFE chapters they'll give us the chance to end him at long last.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

JonathonSpectre posted:

For the first time, I have said, "This is bullshit!" out loud at TOR. Sith Warrior spoiler:

So Captain Quinn is going to betray me and attempt to flat-out murder me on the orders of the Piglet of the Opera and I let him live?!?! gently caress me, I've killed people because they didn't like my outfit, and I'm going to let this dude keep hanging out on my ship and having access to my stuff? He zapped my woman to the ground and tried to use calculus or some poo poo to destroy me and my response is to just choke him a little and wag a finger at him? Boo. Boo that plot "twist." Boo. I'd have been perfectly fine with an empty spot in my crew list, or even one that had him with a big red X over his face and "TRAITOR: ELIMINATED" next to it. Hey, let's hope he's on the up and up now and doesn't pilot the ship into a star!

Little twerp. And to think I actually kind of liked him.
There was a different outcome to this (which I'm sure you can work out) available to players during the beta but unfortunately he filled a role that (at the time) no other companion could for that class so it was changed to prevent players from loving themselves over out of spite.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
And said testers cried out "THIS CANNOT BE, UNDO MY DECISION!" Now that you can switch roles as needed, BW could bring that back actually.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It would still deprive you of a crafting mule unless you shell out for HK or Treek, or until you run through KotFE.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Aleth posted:

It would still deprive you of a crafting mule unless you shell out for HK or Treek, or until you run through KotFE.

You still can't send out more than 4 crew at a time though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hunter Noventa posted:

You still can't send out more than 4 crew at a time though.

I think you can send out 5 once you're level 50, and somewhere above that, the limit goes to 6.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

I think you can send out 5 once you're level 50, and somewhere above that, the limit goes to 6.
I'm fairly sure I was sending 5 companions at once, since I remember my final gathering crunch to involve endless deployment of everyone I had excluding Vette.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Man, consular story is just so weird. I liked the first act a lot, saving and protecting all those masters and being a badass chosen one...and starting from act 2 it all plummets into a disjointed mess of awaking a weird savage alien sleeper army and getting help from some lame people called Voss who can't do poo poo by themselves? What a huge letdown.

At least the Shadow gameplay is good fun. Stealthing past all the trash mobs in the story missions never gets old.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 25, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Man, consular story is just so weird. I liked the first act a lot, saving and protecting all those masters and being a badass chosen one...and starting from act 2 it all plummets into a disjointed mess of awaking a weird savage alien sleeper army and getting help from some lame people called Voss who can't do poo poo by themselves? What a huge letdown.

At least the Shadow gameplay is good fun. Stealthing past all the trash mobs in the story missions never gets old.

I don't know. Liberating Balmorra was pretty cool, and up until Voss, you really have no clue who the First Son is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know. Liberating Balmorra was pretty cool, and up until Voss, you really have no clue who the First Son is.

I'm doing the Consular storyline a second time (as a Sage), and it's neat to look out for foreshadowing (or just imagining it's there) now that I know what's going to happen.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

We were trying to knock out SnV HM for the 224 loots [I got the bracer, waddap] but got stuck on Thrasher which I had assumed would be a fairly easy fight.

As a dps shadow I cannot, for the life of me, find a line of sight to Shadow Step up to the balconies for the snipers and demolitionists and it's breaking my heart. Am I awful or is this a thing?

Or both

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I think that the Consular story (especially Acts 2 and 3) flows a lot better when you're doing planetary missions too. I'm doing it the second time as well (first time was 3 years ago) - to me it feels it's telling an incomplete story, where the other stories I've done in the past few months have flowed fine without doing any other quests (Knight, Smuggler, Assassin, BH)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

We were trying to knock out SnV HM for the 224 loots [I got the bracer, waddap] but got stuck on Thrasher which I had assumed would be a fairly easy fight.

As a dps shadow I cannot, for the life of me, find a line of sight to Shadow Step up to the balconies for the snipers and demolitionists and it's breaking my heart. Am I awful or is this a thing?

Or both

You're not supposed to shadow step up. On nightmare you need to use Thrasher to both knock you up to the platforms AND have his roar destroy their shields.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Medullah posted:

You're not supposed to shadow step up. On nightmare you need to use Thrasher to both knock you up to the platforms AND have his roar destroy their shields.

That would explain the multiple wipes then. Our tank just held him in the same place while I ran around like a loving chicken with my head cut off yelling at everyone in TS that this obviously isn't working.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

That would explain the multiple wipes then. Our tank just held him in the same place while I ran around like a loving chicken with my head cut off yelling at everyone in TS that this obviously isn't working.

Yeah that fight is insanely difficult compared to Story Mode. You have to nail the timing because if the snipers build their cannon before you take them out it's an instant wipe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally resubbed to SWTOR, and solo flashpoints are a thing now. :3:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Huh just thought of a good reason to do Conquest. Since the credit chips you get stack, you could use them as escrow for if you ever go F2P. 25k chip for doing weekly conquest and another 50k one if your guild hits conquest.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

Huh just thought of a good reason to do Conquest. Since the credit chips you get stack, you could use them as escrow for if you ever go F2P. 25k chip for doing weekly conquest and another 50k one if your guild hits conquest.

Has anyone tested this? Seems like the sort of thing they'd block just to annoy F2Pers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
since 190 gear is best for story mode raids until you get a set of 216(yes?) would it be worthwhile to augment it with 178s?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

go3 posted:

since 190 gear is best for story mode raids until you get a set of 216(yes?) would it be worthwhile to augment it with 178s?

Gear for story mode REALLY doesn't matter.

My recommendation is to get a set of Bind to Legacy gear and augment that with the best augments you can whenever and upgrade the mods as you can.

But really, to answer the question, the difference between going in wearing no gear (literally zero gear) and fully augmented 216 gear in Story Mode raid will be about 5k hit points and maybe 500-1000 DPS.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Medullah posted:

Gear for story mode REALLY doesn't matter.

My recommendation is to get a set of Bind to Legacy gear and augment that with the best augments you can whenever and upgrade the mods as you can.

But really, to answer the question, the difference between going in wearing no gear (literally zero gear) and fully augmented 216 gear in Story Mode raid will be about 5k hit points and maybe 500-1000 DPS.

im a min/maxing sperg ok

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does the Pube Ship need any specific ship thingers that are rewarded for conquest, or should I send them to our Imp ship instead?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Does the Pube Ship need any specific ship thingers that are rewarded for conquest, or should I send them to our Imp ship instead?

Always imp ship. Pube Ship is just to have a ship for conquest, we don't have nearly the funds needed there to unlock anything (unless someone wants to donate a few hundred million credits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

To give people an idea, it takes 50 million to buy a guild ship. Then another 75 million to unlock all the rooms (5 million per room). But in order to unlock a room there is also a cost of between 2 to 6 framework per room. Each framework requires 50 encryptions of the same type (those things you get 1 of if you meet your conquest goal for a week on a character). The total frameworks cost is 54, or 2700 encryptions.

So, yeah, it'll be a while until even one guild ship is unlocked fully.

• Locked thread