Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

goatface posted:

I found the thread for it. It fits 4 predators and 6 smaller vehicles inside, and has working hanger lights.

Because of course it does.

link please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
http://forums.tauonline.org/painting/7289-wip-painting-land-carrier.html

It's over a few pages.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

Regarding the camera, I checked out the movement of the controls and everything works. I didn't put any film through it though and I'd not be surprised if the seals were poo poo (they were often poo poo even when brand-new) so that there may be light leaks all over the place. If you plan on using it as a camera rather than as an ornament or prop. there's an enthusiast site that might be useful to you. You can also head down to The Dorkroom and get laughed at be congratulated on your wise purchase.

Yeah, I checked the thing over immediately when I unpacked it, and within an hour I had an online copy of its user manual in front of me. There's a bit of rust, it needs cleaning, and until I clean the lenses I can't tell what condition they're in. But I'm very very unlikely to try shooting with it, I haven't touched film in like 10+ years. It's more of a conversation piece at this point. They're also not particularly rare, I'm seeing good condition ones on ebay for like thirty bucks, which is good because it means spare parts are available if I need them.

BULBASAUR posted:

I had no idea you were into old soviet stuff. If you are ever looking for something, hit a child of the USSR up

I mean, it's not a hobby of mine or anything. But my wife likes interesting hats, and she has a very small head. HH had a couple hats that looked like they'd fit, and I figured at that point, why not get a selection of stuff to round out a decent sized box for shipping?

It's neat stuff. I have a couple friends who do a lot of costuming, and I think they'll be able to make use of some of these items too.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think I've got bingo. :ohdear:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Kingsword Elizabit? Why does it's have half the Inquisitorial ][? What's with the runes? Why is there an actual live slavegirl on top? What is that egg thing he's stepping on? What's with the slave girl?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
An actual bird skull? Hollismason rides again.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

JcDent posted:

Kingsword Elizabit?
Kingsward Elisabit, to be precise.

quote:

Why does it's have half the Inquisitorial ][?
More like a Wolfsangel.

quote:

What's with the runes?
See above.

quote:

What is that egg thing he's stepping on?
Surprisingly similar to an actual bird skull, yeah.

quote:

Why is there an actual live slavegirl on top? What's with the slave girl?
Perhaps Elisabit is her name and she's lying on top of her trusty Cerastus Knight Castigator, just chilling out when not busy castigating. Orchestrating some doom or whatever.

[ed:] Ah, you were speaking of the halves of black Inquisitorial leg guards. That one is easy, some tech priest messed up and assembled them wrong. Now the yellow cursive "i" on top, I have no explanation for.

Foglet fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 20, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

In unrelated news, I find this guy's dolls slightly creepy

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Maybe it's the uncanny Valley, maybe it's the clear sexualisation. Maybe it's both.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The lovingly detailed emaciated bodies, tiny breasts and, uh, traces of slit, and the fact that this guy can never crack a smile.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Fathis Munk posted:

Maybe it's the uncanny Valley, maybe it's the clear sexualisation. Maybe it's both.

Maybe it's Maybelline.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

ijyt posted:

I think I've got bingo. :ohdear:

Almost. It's missing a dickgun...

...But with a free space, yeah. That's bingo.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

It's cheating to post your own work, I think.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Jesus christ what the gently caress :nms:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

I have a friend who is reasonably famous in the ball-jointed doll scene. Via her Fb page I've seen just how many hosed up people there are in that hobby. It starts at Otherkin and just gets weirder and less benign the deeper you go. The Russian ones are (inevitably) the worst. A lot of white-supremacist, asatru-with-human-sacrifice, extreme-BDSM, loving ... doll collectors.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Helen Highwater posted:

I have a friend who is reasonably famous in the ball-jointed doll scene. Via her Fb page I've seen just how many hosed up people there are in that hobby. It starts at Otherkin and just gets weirder and less benign the deeper you go. The Russian ones are (inevitably) the worst. A lot of white-supremacist, asatru-with-human-sacrifice, extreme-BDSM, loving ... doll collectors.

Sounds like it belongs here.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Helen Highwater posted:

You can't say all that then deprive us of links.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

It's cheating to post your own work, I think.

:(

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

is that a nurgle pony? not sure what I'm looking at.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Helen Highwater posted:

I have a friend who is reasonably famous in the ball-jointed doll scene.

Your mother must be so proud.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Small world. I saw this posted on Facebook yesterday.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

mike12345 posted:

is that a nurgle pony? not sure what I'm looking at.

That's a nurgle pony.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I want to hope they make pony figs to piss off the grogs on the other side of the table. But we all know that's not why.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Small world. I saw this posted on Facebook yesterday.

''Eavier Metal is my favourite source of these.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

So I was looking through GW's webstore and

:shepface:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Renaming Imperial Guard... Redesigning the webstore... countless small codexes... That guy has seen some poo poo.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I remember when that kit came out. "Surely they'll do the Valhallans next," I said to myself.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That entire picture is pretty :nws: as well as :wtf:

I mean, is that disk thing in the back center supposed to be so...vaginaesque?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugh, unit fillers. Pretty much always terrible regardless of the content.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Endman posted:

The baffling thing is the old box for these guys had credits for both Perry twins, Brian Nelson, and Jes Goodwin. The very best sculptors GW has ever had somehow made that kit happen. Say what you will about molding technology at the time, but the Eldar Guardians and Tactical Marines kits came out around the same time and were leagues better, and look almost indistinguishable from modern minis.

Kwyndig posted:

That entire picture is pretty :nws: as well as :wtf:

I mean, is that disk thing in the back center supposed to be so...vaginaesque?
I'm pretty sure the guy who made the clitentacle knew exactly what he was doing, despite never seeing one in person.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SRM posted:

The baffling thing is the old box for these guys had credits for both Perry twins, Brian Nelson, and Jes Goodwin. The very best sculptors GW has ever had somehow made that kit happen. Say what you will about molding technology at the time, but the Eldar Guardians and Tactical Marines kits came out around the same time and were leagues better, and look almost indistinguishable from modern minis.

They needed a seperate sculptor for each gross muscle.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

That paintjob is doing them no favours.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Endman posted:

Wait, these were studio paint jobs from GW? drat my nostalgia must be powerful!

Why do some have them have one breast covered and what is going on with the centre of the front rank? Is naked demon lady coming out of the ground AND that fleshy portal thing at the same time?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

goatface posted:

That paintjob is doing them no favours.
Honestly? That's as good a paintjob as you're really going to see on them. They're just horribly sculpted, I've painted a ton of them.

Ugleb posted:

Why do some have them have one breast covered and what is going on with the centre of the front rank? Is naked demon lady coming out of the ground AND that fleshy portal thing at the same time?
That's just the models, I think Juan Diaz just did that because asymmetry is a lot more interesting visually and Slaanesh is all about asymmetry. It's a running theme with the models. I have no idea what's up with the naked little girl at the front though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The little one at the front is an old Citadel Familiar.

No idea why it's in the middle of the front rank though. I guess they ran out of real Daemonettes?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Yeah it's one of the old familiars.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Honestly? That's as good a paintjob as you're really going to see on them. They're just horribly sculpted, I've painted a ton of them.

That's just the models, I think Juan Diaz just did that because asymmetry is a lot more interesting visually and Slaanesh is all about asymmetry. It's a running theme with the models. I have no idea what's up with the naked little girl at the front though.

That's a very lovely paintjob. The Studio armies were much, much better than that, I'm guessing it's some staffer army photo.

The naked little girl in the front of the Daemonette unit was one of the old Chaos Familiars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

She's a familiar from a long time ago.

The Diaz sculpts are basically eBay gold because creepers will outbid each other to have them in their spacevagina dioramas.