Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Assassin has about 300 different ways to stun someone. I like it. Also it has to be super frustrating to use a heavy hitting ability against someone then they turn into a tree.

Why alot of classes like to spin against assassin to hit the counter and also hit them in stealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Something I noticed and I'm not sure if it's Internet Lag or Input Lag or something else. I tend to not spam keys and I think it's hurting my game a lot, especially on reactionary skills like getting out of grapples and such. I'm noticing that I'll press F to retreat and the button will lightup and nothing happens. REALLY notice it on my FM moreso. Should I just be spamming escapes and or skills in general? Typically playing with <80ms ping.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Something I noticed and I'm not sure if it's Internet Lag or Input Lag or something else. I tend to not spam keys and I think it's hurting my game a lot, especially on reactionary skills like getting out of grapples and such. I'm noticing that I'll press F to retreat and the button will lightup and nothing happens. REALLY notice it on my FM moreso. Should I just be spamming escapes and or skills in general? Typically playing with <80ms ping.

If you hold down the button before it lights up (and just keep holding it), it should proc as soon as retreat is available.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
The lag on Mushin has been fine but the instance servers are borderline unplayable. Just cannot ani-cancel to save my life in a dungeon but I can do it consistently out.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Wait, so we're blue side on Mushin?

drat the OP! :saddowns:

Nope, nobody blue on Mushin and nobody except a few goons who won't use discord on Jiwan.

Everyone else is on Mushin or Cho, but neither really restricts dungeons because you can do that cross server.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

For those people having what appears to be lag issues, apparently BnS has some FPS issues that could be the problem instead of your internet. I've read about people using tools to set the client to 'high priority' and that helping some. But apparently, it isn't coded the cleanest and so some of your issues might stem from that instead of your ping.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Zweihander01 posted:

Admittedly I don't know what I'm doing with my build, and am only 33~ so I can't have everything. Anything Must Have aside from the beefy Judgement+Cleave talents?

If you want to get serious about arena you need to learn what skills have stuff like pierce defense, resist damage/status, reflect, etc based on the class of your opponent you'll be facing. For example, against a ranged class I would change Kick into Drag (2 points) or if I'm facing a Blade Dancer I'll get 3 points to make Drag PBAOE around me. Also you may have to put either one or two points in your Tab escape. One point is essential at all times (even in PVE) but you may want to put up to two into it to break out of grabs which a lot of people forget to do vs Blade Dancer and Destroyers.

Group World PVP as a Destroyer is basically 2 points into Blitz (1) for the leaping suck-in, 3 points into Typhoon (Q) for CC resist while spinning, 2-3 for Ranged Drag or PBAOE Drag (Z) and other stuff.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Failboattootoot posted:

The lag on Mushin has been fine but the instance servers are borderline unplayable. Just cannot ani-cancel to save my life in a dungeon but I can do it consistently out.

yeah i've noticed this too, world pve/pvp i can consistently do what i need to, dungeons there's a little delay

also is 45 pvp dailies at red really that bad? is it something that a small group of organized players can overcome or is it literally a steamroll

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So I was just informed that we're getting the boost to 50 and the warlock class in 16 days, can anybody confirm this?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Count Bleck posted:

So I was just informed that we're getting the boost to 50 and the warlock class in 16 days, can anybody confirm this?

This would be cool if true.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mao posted:

For those people having what appears to be lag issues, apparently BnS has some FPS issues that could be the problem instead of your internet. I've read about people using tools to set the client to 'high priority' and that helping some. But apparently, it isn't coded the cleanest and so some of your issues might stem from that instead of your ping.

I know that I am not experiencing this sort of lag in any other action combat MMOs out there that I have tried (more than I care to admit) so this might be it.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Count Bleck posted:

That seems super, super unlikely since I think there's still more 45 content we haven't seen, but got a source?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

Source?

We'd have to get Bloodshade Harbor, Mushin's Tower, and Spiral Labyrinth first before 50. I highly doubt they'd just jump straight to 50 since it would trivialize those dungeons and we need to progress through them for weapon upgrades. I guess they could release Warlock early and cap it at 45 but that's kind of weird.

I'd say Bloodshade and MAYBE Tower in 16 days (or whenever the daily dash ends) is way more likely.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Funny moment during the Pinchy World Boss fight:
Pubbie gets downed next to Pinchy right before he goes into the ground. I already had a bomb in hand in preparation, and tossed it immediately when I saw Pinchy go underground. What happens when an unfriendly bomb goes off next to a downed pubbie? You get a dead pubbie. Won't happen very often since the bomb only does 230ish damage, but really worth a laugh when it happened.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Warlock would be awesome. I've been craving that kind of powerful, temporary pet class over the Summoner's permanent pet. Localizations are weird so I guess it's possible we get things out of order, but in this case it would be odd to effectively skip all that extra content. They should be wanting to milk it for as long as they can, and the game just released so everything is fresh.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm not convinced the Pinchy outfit actually exists. It might be some sort of myth, meant to trick foolish people into fighting a stupid scorpion over and over for hours.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm not convinced the Pinchy outfit actually exists. It might be some sort of myth, meant to trick foolish people into fighting a stupid scorpion over and over for hours.

I had the pinchy outft for my Lyn FM in the chinese version (they lasted 29 days), it was a onesy that made you look like an angler fish :kimchi:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
From watching the warlock trailer it looks like they can shoot lasers at people by making finger guns. :allears:

I'm sold on them.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Your basic go to is:

Turn your 1 in stealth into shadow drain to refresh stealth

6s cooldown on your 1 charge (out of stealth)

Source of poison (poison mine is pretty good)

Heart strike down to 4 on the left path

That is the core you need to get poo poo done

You can then buff and spec your F to the right path for extra focus and grab various other things
https://bnstree.com/AS/4J3x7okZl This is a good build to work from, the only change I made was taking points from mist slash into skull sunder for a bleed while soloing

For general tips:

Get used to going infinite on stealth on bosses you can generally use the following pattern:

Shadow drain-> break stealth and hook kick (tab) -> backstep and charge into back ((always breaking/backstepping right at the end))

This gives you 18 seconds of stealth using abilities with about an 18 second Cooldown or less

Very helpful, thanks!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

The worst boss to farm too since pubbies insist on snagging the bomb and throwing it AROUND pinchy and not on him.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The worst boss to farm too since pubbies insist on snagging the bomb and throwing it AROUND pinchy and not on him.

My problem with the bombs is that 40% of the bombs I throw show up as Resisted. What stats govern whether an attack gets resisted or not? Or is it just a random % chance defensive feature that Pinchy has?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm either dumb or thinking on this too much - I want to make use of the stuff Earthseers and Silver Cauldron guys make. Go with fishing and herbalism, but pester potters for the "special" ingredients?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Everything about crafting seems like a giant pain in the dick. I've barely touched it.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Xavier434 posted:

I know that I am not experiencing this sort of lag in any other action combat MMOs out there that I have tried (more than I care to admit) so this might be it.

Have you tried the 'true full screen' fix? I had micro stutter forever and it made the game unplayable for me. There is a FPS counter option in the settings, turn it on and monitor it while you play. If it never goes over 60 even when you're staring at the ground you're not in true full screen mode. Might help smooth the game out for you.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rhymenoserous posted:

Everything about crafting seems like a giant pain in the dick. I've barely touched it.

i've just been ordering the same thing from the stone/ore guys since level 22

i havent really found any new stones and i haven't really been able to craft anything without special mats that i can't make so yeah its a huge pain

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Grab the seal guys and potters, make unsealing charms with basic refiner (soil) and whatever a seal needs.

That's low effort and probably saves you money in the long run.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rylek posted:

Have you tried the 'true full screen' fix? I had micro stutter forever and it made the game unplayable for me. There is a FPS counter option in the settings, turn it on and monitor it while you play. If it never goes over 60 even when you're staring at the ground you're not in true full screen mode. Might help smooth the game out for you.

This assumes that what I am experiencing is an FPS stuttering issue and not actual lag right? I will turn on the counter tonight. It didn't feel like an FPS stutter though. It felt like lag but it is worth monitoring just in case.

Edit: I should mention that the only thing that appears laggy is skill input. Everything else in the game is running smooth as silk.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 25, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

i've just been ordering the same thing from the stone/ore guys since level 22

i havent really found any new stones and i haven't really been able to craft anything without special mats that i can't make so yeah its a huge pain

They tell you where to find new rocks and you can buy whatever extra junk you need on the market

Not that I've found a use for weaponsmith/jewelcrafting yet to make it worthwhile (which I'm assuming you're doing)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Supposedly people want diamonds at end game which (only?) come from jewel master. I really hate the crafting system for being so horrendously imbalanced in favor of Potters though. If that profession didn't exist or everyone could take it as an extra it would make stuff much better.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I am sad the regium corvus is character-bound and not account-bound. Making decisions is hard. :smith:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Xavier434 posted:

This assumes that what I am experiencing is an FPS stuttering issue and not actual lag right? I will turn on the counter tonight. It didn't feel like an FPS stutter though. It felt like lag but it is worth monitoring just in case.

Edit: I should mention that the only thing that appears laggy is skill input. Everything else in the game is running smooth as silk.

I had that problem in the early Beta when the servers were swamped, but haven't had it since I started playing the live version. Does it go away if you move to a less populated area/channel?

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Monster Mash posted:

If you want to get serious about arena you need to learn what skills have stuff like pierce defense, resist damage/status, reflect, etc based on the class of your opponent you'll be facing. For example, against a ranged class I would change Kick into Drag (2 points) or if I'm facing a Blade Dancer I'll get 3 points to make Drag PBAOE around me. Also you may have to put either one or two points in your Tab escape. One point is essential at all times (even in PVE) but you may want to put up to two into it to break out of grabs which a lot of people forget to do vs Blade Dancer and Destroyers.

Group World PVP as a Destroyer is basically 2 points into Blitz (1) for the leaping suck-in, 3 points into Typhoon (Q) for CC resist while spinning, 2-3 for Ranged Drag or PBAOE Drag (Z) and other stuff.

Cool stuff. I didn't realize Blitz had a draw-in talent, that's neat. I get that "Pierce Defense" means it goes through Block/Parry, but what's resist damage/status about?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xavier434 posted:

I'm finding really bad input lag as well. Especially when in Arena PVP or Instance Dungeons.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Supposedly people want diamonds at end game which (only?) come from jewel master. I really hate the crafting system for being so horrendously imbalanced in favor of Potters though. If that profession didn't exist or everyone could take it as an extra it would make stuff much better.

Doesn't bother me as a potter. :smug:

Although have log in issues been fixed? Saturday was pretty bad and i didnt play yesterday.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

So after pouring through Reddit, I found that I am not the only person with this skill input lag problem. There appears to be several different kinds of common issues out there resulting in either input lag or low FPS but they are not one and the same (or so it seems).

One of them appears to be an issue related to software commonly installed with ASUS motherboards:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41hg3o/psa_if_you_have_extreme_pingskill_lag_in_blade/

quote:

This is a weird issue, but if only Blade and Soul is giving you extreme lag (up to a full second to register skill activation), it might be an ASUS bit of software running.
Here's how to turn it off and fix the game:
1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc
2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService" in the list.
3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"
4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"
5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"
That's it, now you can play Blade and Soul normal. :)

EDIT:
OTHER POTENTIAL NAMES FOR THIS SERVICE: cFosSpeed, XFast LAN, Gigabyte Speed

The other issue seems to be related directly to the game's engine and involves input lag specifically with LMB and RMB clicks. I suspect that this may be the problem that I am experiencing, but I am not sure yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41wv2n/workaround_fixing_the_input_lag_with_mouse_buttons/

quote:

As most of you are probably aware, the engine that Blade and Soul runs on has a noticeable amount of input lag with the mouse keys. You can test it yourself – stand still and mash your left click, observing your LMB skill. You'll notice that the blue highlight around your skill icon only flashes every ~200ms instead of whenever you press it. Then mash the R button (the alternate hotkey for your LMB skill) and you'll notice that it highlights much more quickly and accurately. This can become an issue when doing things like Destroyer animation cancelling or stacking Force Master debuffs and you'll see many streamers and high ranking players opting to use their LMB/RMB skills with keyboard shortcuts instead. However, if you're like me and and are used to using the mouse buttons for mostly everything then you're out of luck.

[goes on talking about workarounds/solutions]

Unfortunately, none of the workarounds that I have read about for mouse input lag sound very good. I am going to try several other things though. Or maybe it is nothing on my end and the server was just being lovely for about 2 hours at some point last night. No idea yet.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lemming posted:

They tell you where to find new rocks and you can buy whatever extra junk you need on the market

Not that I've found a use for weaponsmith/jewelcrafting yet to make it worthwhile (which I'm assuming you're doing)

yeah, i...think weaponsmithing can make weapons that substitute for upgrade materials (i.e. i can make blight weapons, which sounds great on paper until you look at the mat cost, which total costs something in the ballpark of 30-50 silver; you can grind some of it out, but you need another professions materials to finish it. i know i didn't have that kind of money laying around at that time.)

Infinity Gaia posted:

this makes me happy though, so i'm gonna keep working on it

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

What does crafting get you in this game? It always seems like a less efficient alternative in modern MMOs. Is there any reason to do it?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Rafzakael posted:

yeah, i...think weaponsmithing can make weapons that substitute for upgrade materials (i.e. i can make blight weapons, which sounds great on paper until you look at the mat cost, which total costs something in the ballpark of 30-50 silver; you can grind some of it out, but you need another professions materials to finish it. i know i didn't have that kind of money laying around at that time.)

I thought weaponsmiths made special expensive skins you use to reskin your weapon with?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

kaempfer0080 posted:

What does crafting get you in this game? It always seems like a less efficient alternative in modern MMOs. Is there any reason to do it?

Well Soul Wardens and Merry Potters are needed for item progression currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I have tried Summoner and Destroyer now, and got both to 15... And I have to say, I am not super impressed with either.

The Summoner feels like I have a single good damaging ability [my RMB], while my Destroyer... I dunno, I feel like I do way less damage than the summoner, while also being more complicated. I also am having trouble with learning what I should actually do when I grab things on the Destroyer. I mean I mostly hit F like 3-4 times and then hit z to slam them down, then RMB, but it feels like basically everything is surviving that full combo, and then hitting me a bunch.

Maybe I'm just expecting things to die too quickly?

I'm not enjoying having to facetank things though.

• Locked thread