Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I actually tried respeccing into the Fragmented Fragtrap (right) tree and the subroutines are hilarious. Fighting a bunch of dudes in close quarters? Welp, I just rolled over to getting damage/fire rate/reload speed bonuses with rocket launchers BOOM :haw:

And then if you go 12 points into the tree you can have the melee subroutine going giving you +450% damage :dogstare:

It's actually working pretty well paired with Maniacal Laughter and the left-tree skill that heals you (and does minor shield damage) on enemy kill. You just have to abuse VAULTHUNTER.EXE (that full heal and continuous health regen is nice).

Claptrap may not be a powerhouse numerically but I am loving how loving randomly he plays.

Wondering who I'll try next. I hear that the Jack Double plays sort of like Gaige (well, the Deathtrap part, not the Anarchy half)? Or I've always liked sniper rifles, maybe I'll try the baroness lady.

Oh hey, I found a legendary just chilling out on a post somewhere, the Excalibastard? I couldn't loot it though, what's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You need a badass rank of at least 2500 to pull it from the stone.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Oh hey, I found a legendary just chilling out on a post somewhere, the Excalibastard? I couldn't loot it though, what's up with that?

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibastard

Need at least 2500 Badass Rank, and you can only get it once per character, ever. If you pick it up in normal mode, you are locked out of getting it again on that character on TVHM and beyond.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Kaethela posted:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibastard

Need at least 2500 Badass Rank, and you can only get it once per character, ever. If you pick it up in normal mode, you are locked out of getting it again on that character on TVHM and beyond.

I've already caved to using Gibbed's editor to keep legendaries leveled, so I don't see this as a problem.

Also holy poo poo those stats.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Wondering who I'll try next. I hear that the Jack Double plays sort of like Gaige (well, the Deathtrap part, not the Anarchy half)?

Well, Not Jack has a kill skill that gives him a chance (up to 88% with the right class mod) to not consume ammo. He also has a capstone skill that will trigger kill skills if a Digi-Jack is destroyed which includes if you recall them. Pair those with the biggest, most badass and inaccurate Jacobs shotgun with as many crit bonuses as you can get and you can rapidly fire a wall of bullets that can cover much of your screen. Just quickly summon and recall your Digi-Jacks and never stop killing. :getin:

So almost as broken as Gaige.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Wet Week (slow projectile sniper rifle) was randomly hot fixed to spawn from Swagmen yesterday. It was previously unobtainable despite being in the code.

quote:

January 25, 2016 Hot Fixes

Borderlands 2

- Increased drop rate for the Hyperion assassin skin customizations.
- Increased drop rate for Maya's “Frozen Wrath” skin customization.
- Increased chance to spawn shield boosters when using the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” shield.
- Zer0’s “ Velocity” skill will now apply critical hit damage correctly.
- Gaige’s “Wires Don’t Talk” skill now appropriately increase shock DoT damage.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

- The sights on Dahl, Maliwan, and Torgue pistols with scopes will now align correctly.
- Increased DoT chance and DoT damage for the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” shield.
- Previous SHiFT-code only weapons (such as The Machine, Ol’ Painful, the Jack O’Cannon, and Boomacorn) now have a very rare chance of dropping in-game.
- The ‘Tread Carefully’ challenge has been disabled so that it no longer causes issues with players’ challenge lists.
- The weapon “Wet Week” now has a chance to drop from Swagman/Outcast.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Has there been any word on Borderlands 3? I can't imagine, as huge as 2 was, that they're not planning another sequel.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Has there been any word on Borderlands 3? I can't imagine, as huge as 2 was, that they're not planning another sequel.

They supposedly started working on it last year. That's all they've said.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
They were advertising to hire for the team, but never actually confirmed starting work on the project I think. I guess it's quietly in very early phase.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Keeping quiet until they get Battleborne out the door, I imagine.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I just got this gun and it is amazing:

I figure my Claptrap is in :roboluv:

Also I got this grenade out of a vending machine, if I am reading this right this thing will be nuts:

Question: If you have multiple of the same/similar effect from different sources, do they 'stack'? Example, Claptrap has an ability that makes him innately emit a nova when his shield goes down; if you have that ability and are using a nova shield do you emit both novas?

IIRC 'grenade damage' bonuses applied to all explosive damage in BL2; does that mean Claptraps one skill in the right tree that can give +45% grenade damage does the same thing? Does it apply to his various explosive-damage abilities in the left tree?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

WarLocke posted:

I just got this gun and it is amazing:

I figure my Claptrap is in :roboluv:

Also I got this grenade out of a vending machine, if I am reading this right this thing will be nuts:

Question: If you have multiple of the same/similar effect from different sources, do they 'stack'? Example, Claptrap has an ability that makes him innately emit a nova when his shield goes down; if you have that ability and are using a nova shield do you emit both novas?

IIRC 'grenade damage' bonuses applied to all explosive damage in BL2; does that mean Claptraps one skill in the right tree that can give +45% grenade damage does the same thing? Does it apply to his various explosive-damage abilities in the left tree?

Boganella is legit the best gun in the game. loving love that thing. :allears:

Yup, that grenade will seek, shatter and freeze opponents, plus restoring health. Pretty good deal!

Yes, the effects should stack. Just poo poo out novas forever, why not?

The grenade damage boosts probably applies to all explosive damage, since the BL2 and TPS engines are the same.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Solumin posted:

Boganella is legit the best gun in the game. loving love that thing. :allears:

She's just so angry!

"F**k off ya c**t!" or you go to reload and she's like "Oh yeah, fill me up!" :magical:

I don't want to ever stop using this gun.

e: My biggest annoyance so far is the fact that some chests cost moonstones to open and you get no warning except for the tooltip which you can easily miss if you're in a hurry/mashing. I needed those moonstones to buy inventory space, damnit!

The way the game will only spawn 4 or 5 dudes at a time is kind of noticable (I'm assuming an artifact of the game having to be able to run on consoles with limited memory?) but I'm bad enough at FPSes/aiming that I don't get bored or anything.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 26, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Moonstone chests have their own distinct design which stands out fairly well. Long low white chest with bluish markings.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Is it normal for this game to have a massive, raging hardon for throwing pistols at you every chance it gets? With the exception of about three chests, EVERY SINGLE CHEST and almost every weapon drop from an enemy has been pistols, pistols, pistols.

This is after hours of playing, so it's seeming less and less like I'm just unlucky.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was enjoying my time with Claptastic Voyage... till the final boss.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The final boss of Claptastic Voyage is pitifully bad. Shamefully, even. The DLC really just should not have even been put out with the boss left in such a lovely, bullet-spongey state.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The final boss of Claptastic Voyage is pitifully bad. Shamefully, even. The DLC really just should not have even been put out with the boss left in such a lovely, bullet-spongey state.

It wouldn't be that bad if you could more reliably dodge the missile barrages. As is, I peck away at it shortly before running away and still only successfully find cover 3/5 times.

I haven't gotten it down to less than a quarter of its armor yet. Inevitably, I eventually end up entering FFYL in an awkward spot or with no glitches nearby.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just don't end up like me and run out of ammo during the fight, because then you have to scrounge around in those tiny cache boxes right in out in the open in the path of the sparks/lasers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Just don't end up like me and run out of ammo during the fight, because then you have to scrounge around in those tiny cache boxes right in out in the open in the path of the sparks/lasers.

Part of the dodging routine.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Try getting in his face. I found that if you're close enough to him, he won't use his missiles. Of course he can now stomp on you and still shoot you with his guns but if you can tank and heal the damage it beats taking a barrage if insta-kill missiles. Also if anyone in your party is far enough away, he'll use his missiles which can hit you even if you're close to him.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is it normal for this game to have a massive, raging hardon for throwing pistols at you every chance it gets? With the exception of about three chests, EVERY SINGLE CHEST and almost every weapon drop from an enemy has been pistols, pistols, pistols.

This is after hours of playing, so it's seeming less and less like I'm just unlucky.

Is this at the start of the game? In my experience with BL2, even with the cheat engine on, I got primarily pistols for like the first quarter of the game. I don't really remember that happening with TPS but I wouldn't be surprised.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Rinkles posted:

It wouldn't be that bad if you could more reliably dodge the missile barrages. As is, I peck away at it shortly before running away and still only successfully find cover 3/5 times.

I haven't gotten it down to less than a quarter of its armor yet. Inevitably, I eventually end up entering FFYL in an awkward spot or with no glitches nearby.

When it comes to his final form, the only winning move is not to play.

No, seriously. He's that loving poorly designed. Do yourself a favor, and just stop. That, or don't come back until you've cheated yourself in a Flakker.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Just started playing this again after taking a break. I bought the Season Pass during a steam sale the other night.

I just started a new Aurelia character, and I'm enjoying her; except, it sucks that her "I Never Miss" skill resets when I close out the game. I just got the skill yesterday played it up to 177. Logged back on today, reset to 0. drat it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Capt. Sticl posted:

Just started playing this again after taking a break. I bought the Season Pass during a steam sale the other night.

I just started a new Aurelia character, and I'm enjoying her; except, it sucks that her "I Never Miss" skill resets when I close out the game. I just got the skill yesterday played it up to 177. Logged back on today, reset to 0. drat it.

Skill stacks of any sort do not persist through game closures. If they did then playing Gaige on BL2 would be even better since you'd never have to farm for Anarchy.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

Is this at the start of the game? In my experience with BL2, even with the cheat engine on, I got primarily pistols for like the first quarter of the game. I don't really remember that happening with TPS but I wouldn't be surprised.

There's one part of TPS where without fail the only weapon drops I get from enemies are white, incendiary laser shotguns. It's frankly bizarre.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Spending what felt like close to a minute in Nisha's Showdown with a constantly recharging looping (the yellow, nonstop firing type) glitched weapon was one of the best Borderlands moments I've had. (I need to try this during the weapon calibration bit in the Felicity mission)

Glitched weapons won't spawn outside Claptrap's mind right? This gave me a hankering for another TVHM run with glitch weapons.

--
I beat Shadow after grinding two levels to be on par with his own, and finding a good corrosive pistol.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

Glitched weapons won't spawn outside Claptrap's mind right?

No, but you can easily farm the freebie glitch chest from near the beginning of the dlc

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Solumin posted:

There's one part of TPS where without fail the only weapon drops I get from enemies are white, incendiary laser shotguns. It's frankly bizarre.

When the Dahl soldiers morph into aliens or w/e happens near the end they drop a white laser weapon.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

No, but you can easily farm the freebie glitch chest from near the beginning of the dlc

Will it level scale if I come back multiple times?

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

Will it level scale if I come back multiple times?

yeah. maybe not in normal or TVHM, but definitely in UVHM.

e: just make sure you save and quit immediately after you open the chest. If you complete the next mission objective, the chest will be gone. Follow Claptrap's Consciousness but don't Talk to SYS_ADMIN

e2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK1s9H3CHtU

Ayatollah Hermione fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 11, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

yeah. maybe not in normal or TVHM, but definitely in UVHM.

e: just make sure you save and quit immediately after you open the chest. If you complete the next mission objective, the chest will be gone. Follow Claptrap's Consciousness but don't Talk to SYS_ADMIN

e2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK1s9H3CHtU

More in a TVHM mood, and I don't really want to spend time save-and-quitting exploits, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Playing vanilla TPS now, I miss Claptastic's better loot tables. At least it felt much better.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The gently caress am I doing wrong :(

I'm level 56, my Aurelia is getting killed way, way too easily. I've got about 30k shields with a Pangolin shield, and about 20k HP? I'm solo, so I don't have any Master / Servant buffs available. Do I need to farm a good shield?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

What you're doing wrong is letting anyone get close enough to kill you. Aurelia should be killing dudes from miles out. Find a really good Jakobs rifle with a decent crit% buff on it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the damage scaling in UVHM gets pretty ridiculous

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

AirRaid posted:

What you're doing wrong is letting anyone get close enough to kill you. Aurelia should be killing dudes from miles out. Find a really good Jakobs rifle with a decent crit% buff on it.

Not sure how that'll work against Zarpedon :smith:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The problem with sniping in Borderlands is that a lot of levels just don't support it, moreso when you have bulletsponges leaping straight at you before butt-bombing in your face. Aurelia is better than most such characters but tends to be better in a party if she's specced for sniping.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Time to dust off Nisha or Athena then :unsmith:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I did a cryo-focused Aurelia and it wasn't too bad solo. I didn't get into the depths of UVHM though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i cannot imagine doing UVHM solo with any character and expecting to keep my sanity

• Locked thread