Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
While everyone is at the tournament, Gohan will save Earth.

Seeing an opportunity to forever lock down his legacy and ensure his grand daughter's future as a wealthy martial arts heiress, Mr. Satan will declare to the world that their new savior is his son-in-law, disciple, and the boy who bravely stood up to Cell before Mr. Satan, ultimately finished the job.

This is also how Gohan's book on Ki from DBO becomes such a smash hit around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Adder Moray posted:

While everyone is at the tournament, THE GREAT SAIYAMAN will save Earth.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Yes.

It was foretold.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I would so watch a full season of the great saiyaman.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SirDrone posted:

I would so watch a full season of the great saiyaman.

You're not thinking big enough. Saiyan Sentai Squad, + Ginyu revived to teach them awesome poses.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I want to see someone try to recruit Vegeta in to that squad. I want to see someone try to make Vegeta do poses with Goku, Gohen, Goten and Trunks. I want to see Brolly as the sixth who hates them at first but has to learn to work with them and eventually becomes their friend as well as team-mate. They should all have different colored SSJ powers up too.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I think we can all agree that the adventures of high school Gohan were tragically cut short.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

You're not thinking big enough. Saiyan Sentai Squad, + Ginyu revived to teach them awesome poses.

Bulma!
Hachyak has escaped!
Recruit a team of Saiyans with Attitude!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does this make Piccolo Alpha 5?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really really want to see the adventures of Great Salaryman.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
New episode was great. Champa and Beerus are great.

I loved that Champa is powerful enough to destroy the universe but is huffing and puffing after a short walk.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
speaking of saiyaman this is really funny:

http://imgur.com/a/48sol

it's pretty long but it just keeps getting better and better

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I read this right to left for like the first 6 pages

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Good episode this week. Animation was better than usual.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Is this still ongoing? I remember there being less pages before. Would love to see how this finishes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing. :allears:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Covok posted:

Is this still ongoing? I remember there being less pages before. Would love to see how this finishes.

I hope it's ongoing, because that's a really weird place to end it otherwise and because I also really want to see who else gets dragged in to this before it's over.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Mr. Unlucky posted:

The rice cooker :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That guy has perfect comedy panel timing, when those jokes hit they hit

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
So how strong is Piccolo as of the latest issue of DB Super? Isn't he gonna get his rear end kicked?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Agoat posted:

So how strong is Piccolo as of the latest issue of DB Super? Isn't he gonna get his rear end kicked?

Well if he kept up his training he should (fan theory) be at least as strong as cell.

But this is Dragon Ball so we have absolutely no loving clue.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

This is really freaking brilliant. Somehow it just fits really well.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Bushmaori posted:

Well if he kept up his training he should (fan theory) be at least as strong as cell.

I guess that's pretty strong. I want to see him kick some rear end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bushmaori posted:

It's suddenly revealed that he trained so hard offscreen after Freeza came back that he is now as strong as Goku and Vegeta. (Unlikely but I would love it if that happened.)

Anyway the order for the Tournament is Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Monaka. This also means that Goku likely won't win the thing. He will likely lose to one of the fighters who Piccolo will then have to fight. (It would be interesting if Piccolo defeats the fighter that beat Goku.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm thinking Universe 7 loses the Tournament and then the Z crew explore Universe 6 for the balls in that Universe before coming back to 7 for the ones there for whatever reason. Maybe using the Super Dragon Balls will be similar to GT where bad stuff happens after a certain time?

Episode 28 of Super was good, Champa and Vados are fun.
Super does kind of have a sort of power reset feel to it despite the God stuff going on, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Piccolo is actually relevant, nor would I if he's not.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm thinking Universe 7 loses the Tournament and then the Z crew explore Universe 6 for the balls in that Universe before coming back to 7 for the ones there for whatever reason. Maybe using the Super Dragon Balls will be similar to GT where bad stuff happens after a certain time?

Episode 28 of Super was good, Champa and Vados are fun.
Super does kind of have a sort of power reset feel to it despite the God stuff going on, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Piccolo is actually relevant, nor would I if he's not.

I'm telling you, they need to pull that Supersonic Warriors what-if plotline and have Piccolo bring back the soul and then body of Demon King Piccolo with the dragon balls, then beat him into submission and fuse with him, restoring his power back to the Nameless Namekian's actual peak (plus Nail!), thus making him a major player in the power hierarchy again.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 25, 2016

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Just go full Ghast man. Piccolo shows up on Namek, asks for Fusion partners and they skyrocket his powerlevel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Just go full Ghast man. Piccolo shows up on Namek, asks for Fusion partners and they skyrocket his powerlevel.

Honestly that seems like it'd be really uncomfortable considering how his two previous fusions are framed as a dude dying. It'd basically make Piccolo a somewhat more consensual Cell.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Assuming Namek has a decent sized population of more than a couple of thousand he could probably find several people dying of natural causes on a single trip without much hassle and fuse with them. I don't know that several randomers would add much to his powers, but if he stuck around for several months doing that it'd surely add up. Might get a touch uncomfortable up in the ol' noggin at that point though. Or maybe not? Does he just have their memories and not their personality like in abridged or what? I can't recall.

Or maybe he could just find a way to go Namekian God mode along with Tienshinhan going Human God mode because it makes as much sense as anything else at this point.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Am I wrong in saying vegeta got up to SSG level through just training with Whis? Thats the impression I got. So, I'f think its possible to Piccolo to get that strong, eventually. I like the idea he's as strong as Perfect Cell was at this point, at least. I gotta catch up with DBS...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't think they explained it at all, but being part of the SSGod ritual and training with a master of those powers giving you the ability to tap into them is a good enough assumption/explanation to me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Am I wrong in saying vegeta got up to SSG level through just training with Whis? Thats the impression I got. So, I'f think its possible to Piccolo to get that strong, eventually. I like the idea he's as strong as Perfect Cell was at this point, at least. I gotta catch up with DBS...

Yeah, Goku says that Vegeta did it without any help and that he's jealous of him.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anyway the order for the Tournament is Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Monaka. This also means that Goku likely won't win the thing. He will likely lose to one of the fighters who Piccolo will then have to fight. (It would be interesting if Piccolo defeats the fighter that beat Goku.)

Hahaha you really don't get how dbz works

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Hahaha you really don't get how dbz works

Good thing DBZ is over then.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Don't be obtuse

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Putting Goku first basically assures he is going to lose a fight though, he's right. They're not going to do a tournament arc where Goku beats the entire group if just because Vegeta is in the lineup too.That isn't even something DBZ would do either.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm still unhappy that Buu got disqualified. :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Don't be obtuse

Only when we can all be grown up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not like goku hasn't already lost in super anyway. beerus kicks his rear end twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

mikeycp posted:

I'm still unhappy that Buu got disqualified. :(

Buu's too dumb, Gohan's turned into a nerd. Could the next Fusion be coming soon?

• Locked thread