Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
While horrifying, what he's reacting to is hilarious. Clearly the owner spent ages on his "pitch" and now some meanie girl comes along and ruins it, his business is doomed (hopefully).

E: While he appears to have deletes the above conversation, the rest of the Facebook page is worth checking out for Customer Relations 101 :stare:

Radio Paranoia has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Wow. Hope he goes out of business real hard.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Facebook lets you view edits. Here's what he had before:

some dipshit posted:

Don't want to get raped? Don't want your girl getting raped?

Didn't think so.

Click and order now.

:shepface:

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.
Did a little Facebook digging and of course he's a Trump supporter from Florida.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Haha that's great. Brb ordering stun gun now.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

Guys check this out, they make an ice cream bar called Magnum. Boy are they gonna have egg on their face when they realize it's the same name as a brand of condoms.
"Egg".

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Guys check this out, they make an ice cream bar called Magnum. Boy are they gonna have egg on their face when they realize it's the same name as a brand of condoms.

Might want to get that checked out.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Croccers posted:

Might want to get that checked out.

Strawberry Gaytime was the best, I've never found another bar that replicated that outside texture properly.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Radio Paranoia posted:

While horrifying, what he's reacting to is hilarious. Clearly the owner spent ages on his "pitch" and now some meanie girl comes along and ruins it, his business is doomed (hopefully).

E: While he appears to have deletes the above conversation, the rest of the Facebook page is worth checking out for Customer Relations 101 :stare:

The page really is solid gold now, people are posting screen shots of threatening messages the guy sends to women who complain on the page, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/zaptekco/?fref=ts

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

13Pandora13 posted:

The page really is solid gold now, people are posting screen shots of threatening messages the guy sends to women who complain on the page, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/zaptekco/?fref=ts

So is this some sort of performance art because there's doubling down and then there's whatever the gently caress is going on here. Like literally all the responses are inflammatory, which is baffling to me.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Mods please change my name to Golden Gaytime Krusher, thanks.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Do misguided SuperPAC ads count?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XsWkwakVlA

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That's... very meta. I'm gonna miss dumb superPAC ads like this when Clinton bans them

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYN-Awrq3og

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

This is kind of fascinating, because I literally just cannot tell what side it's trying to take. I think it's meant to be a scare ad against Bernie Sanders, but every word of it sounds like such a good idea.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cleretic posted:

This is kind of fascinating, because I literally just cannot tell what side it's trying to take. I think it's meant to be a scare ad against Bernie Sanders, but every word of it sounds like such a good idea.

It is meant to be an anti-Sanders SuperPAC ad, hence this thread.

e: I think it's geared towards anti-tax "I'm gonna be a 1 percenter job creator yet! I suffered so you should suffer too, it builds character!"-type people.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 07:48 on Jan 26, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Apparently the group is the same as http://endingspending.com/fixing-the-budget/ , and wow do those charts belong in the pyf idiotic graphs thread. I would have sworn that it was a tongue in cheek promo ad. Hell, it doesn't even fit their own message, since they complain about raising taxes when their message is "fix the budget". You'd think a real attack ad would say the policies attack businesses that employ millions of Americans and the extra burden could put their jobs at risk, not "targeting Wall Street"

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It is meant to be an anti-Sanders SuperPAC ad, hence this thread.

e: I think it's geared towards anti-tax "I'm gonna be a 1 percenter job creator yet! I suffered so you should suffer too, it builds character!"-type people.

What? No. Really? It's supposed to be satirical, like Colbert. It's actually pro Bernie. Right?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Wanamingo posted:

What? No. Really? It's supposed to be satirical, like Colbert. It's actually pro Bernie. Right?

It's that badly marketed.

Sentient Data posted:

Apparently the group is the same as http://endingspending.com/fixing-the-budget/ , and wow do those charts belong in the pyf idiotic graphs thread. I would have sworn that it was a tongue in cheek promo ad. Hell, it doesn't even fit their own message, since they complain about raising taxes when their message is "fix the budget". You'd think a real attack ad would say the policies attack businesses that employ millions of Americans and the extra burden could put their jobs at risk, not "targeting Wall Street"

I think the only thing that tips it off is the pile of money exploding at the end.

It's literally "We have to pay tax money for free college/medicare for all? Nope!"

It appeals to the "literally zero government spending on anything ever, especially spending that comes from MY TAXES!" voter. Any government spending is considered waste and graft by definition to them.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 08:18 on Jan 26, 2016

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Twins?!?!?

How many different companies have some dumbfounded guy being stupified about having twins or triplets in order to make you want their products be life can be unexpected ha ha!

I heard another one this morning and I have no idea what they were selling.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wanamingo posted:

That's... very meta. I'm gonna miss dumb superPAC ads like this when Clinton bans them

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYN-Awrq3og

*raises hand* Uh, I have several questions actually...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's that badly marketed.

I think the only thing that tips it off is the pile of money exploding at the end.

It's literally "We have to pay tax money for free college/medicare for all? Nope!"

It appeals to the "literally zero government spending on anything ever, especially spending that comes from MY TAXES!" voter. Any government spending is considered waste and graft by definition to them.

The kicker for me is the old couple in front of their mansion with their four expensive rear end cars clinging to each other at the horror of higher taxes! They literally could not have picked a less sympathetic stereotype to choose.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Grem posted:

The kicker for me is the old couple in front of their mansion with their four expensive rear end cars clinging to each other at the horror of higher taxes! They literally could not have picked a less sympathetic stereotype to choose.
That and the fact that they're described as the "super-rich" makes me feel like it's all a bizarre fakeout.

I mean, really, "Wall Street, Big Business (as opposed to small business), and the super-rich" are basically precisely the groups that people don't mind taxing.

Strudel Man has a new favorite as of 09:33 on Jan 26, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

My interpretation: the guy they had writing that wanted to secretly support Sanders, and the boss overseeing poo poo is so into the "taxes are literally hitler" idea that it still looked negative to him.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I can still see it as straight-faced seriousness. There are people who legitimately believe Wall Street/Silicon Valley job creators are Randian übermenschen captains of industry who carry the weight of the world/America on their shoulders like Atlas.

Plus they do this unironically:

e: "There's no such thing as a free lunch!" :bahgawd:

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Jan 26, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Just going by the text I could see that, but you'd think they'd find some less attractive footage of the guy or at least put some menacing music in the background.

Like when they're talking about free tuition being bad they have footage of a graduate smiling and hugging her mom. That's the exact opposite of what they want to evoke.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I can still see it as straight-faced seriousness. There are people who legitimately believe Wall Street/Silicon Valley job creators are Randian übermenschen captains of industry who carry the weight of the world/America on their shoulders like Atlas.

Actually, where'd you even get the link to it? The video's unlisted, and (when I first clicked on it) only had 800 views.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Wanamingo posted:

Actually, where'd you even get the link to it? The video's unlisted, and (when I first clicked on it) only had 800 views.

Goontubes/USPol thread, basically.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

e: "There's no such thing as a free lunch!" :bahgawd:

They are literally praying to a golden calf. Literally the exact example of idolatry called and recalled in the Bible over a dozen times. I can't even.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mulva posted:

They are literally praying to a golden calf. Literally the exact example of idolatry called and recalled in the Bible over a dozen times. I can't even.

It’s a fully‐grown bovine. That’s totally different.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Jan 26, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brazen bull.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What IS going on there?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

CommissarMega posted:

What IS going on there?

touchin the wall street bull for good luck

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CommissarMega posted:

What IS going on there?

Wall street bull statue. Because "bull market".

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jan 27, 2016

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mulva posted:

Where's a homeless guy with a whip when you need one?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Wall street bull statue. Because "bull market".

Wouldn't it make more sense to rub the balls?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Where's a homeless guy with a whip when you need one?

?

edit: gently caress, not the fan art thread.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ramos posted:

?

edit: gently caress, not the fan art thread.

Kind of funny out of context.

stay safe, poverty ghost

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Krispy Kareem posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense to rub the balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIKjtFam5Dg

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a bunkum rumor originally started by Wall Street types to make fun of gullible tourists, kind of like with touching John Harvard's statue at Harvard University:

"Oh yeah, uh... The bull's balls are totally lucky, just give it a firm rub like the Blarney Stone in Ireland. Oh yeah, and, uh, give it a good tug on its dong too - for extra luck. *snicker* Yep, that's it. Just like that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Damon Bruce Bay Area sports talk radio guy just had a segment about this ad about 45 min ago.

We're being watched...