Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

SpacePig posted:

Well poo poo, I never thought it's be a physical release in the west. I'll buy this game again for $30 bucks, especially with a goddamn steelbook. With this and Yakuza 0 coming west, I guess it's about time to finally buy a PS4.

Yakuza 0 isn't until 2017 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Instant Grat posted:

Yakuza 0 isn't until 2017 though.

Yeah, but there're finally enough exclusives, current and potential, that I can make a decision on a console, and merit spending the money on it now. Plus, my PC's finally out-of-date enough to not play the games I want to play, so it's probably about time I get a current-gen console.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Plus, my PC's finally out-of-date enough to not play the games I want to play, so it's probably about time I get a current-gen console.

Um, about that...

Can your PC maintain 30FPS on medium settings?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

barren_sky posted:

Wow, can you believe they're remastering Vakyria Chronicles for PS4? Maybe I'll make it past that cursed tank this time...
I am the goon-loathed type of gamer who uses trophies/achievements to help motivate me through games so I'm looking forward to a version of VC with trophies to unlock. This is gonna be sweet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Um, about that...

Can your PC maintain 30FPS on medium settings?

I can run most games just fine, and yeah, I know Valkyria Chronicles is on PC, and someone gave it to me on Steam. But I also can barely run Fallout 4, and can't run AC Syndicate or MGS:PP at all. So I figure, instead of upgrading over and over again piecemeal every few years, I'll just leave my PC as is until I'm ready to upgrade it completely and get a console with some exclusives that I like on it for the time being.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I can run most games just fine, and yeah, I know Valkyria Chronicles is on PC, and someone gave it to me on Steam. But I also can barely run Fallout 4, and can't run AC Syndicate or MGS:PP at all. So I figure, instead of upgrading over and over again piecemeal every few years, I'll just leave my PC as is until I'm ready to upgrade it completely and get a console with some exclusives that I like on it for the time being.

Consoles can barely run FO4! :dance:

But yeah, MGSV and Assassin's Creed are fine on consoles so go for it. You'll also get no-longer-lovely Destiny. Last of Us and Nathan Drake, Rocket League. Infamous. Things man. You get things and stuff!

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
"Barely" may be a bit harsh unless there's something I don't know about, but the load times in console FO4 are pretty loving bad and there's areas in the game that are notorious for massive frame loss. Basically it's another open world Bethesda game.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Also, you'll get to play this year's GOTY Persona 5.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Also, you'll get to play next year's GOTY Persona 5.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

"Barely" may be a bit harsh unless there's something I don't know about, but the load times in console FO4 are pretty loving bad and there's areas in the game that are notorious for massive frame loss. Basically it's another open world Bethesda game.

I asked in the XBone thread since they recently patched to 1.02 and someone linked a Digital Foundry video showing random momentary freezes, guaranteed freezes when pulling out a new weapon, freezes when going into a different area, and weapon sound effects that play SECONDS after you fire and cause hitching.

It runs and it's not Literally The Worst but it's apparently a very unpleasant experience at times, almost every player is guaranteed to have at least a couple of those times, and for something marketed with "It just works!" that plans on having mod support I'd call it rocky at best.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I asked in the XBone thread since they recently patched to 1.02 and someone linked a Digital Foundry video showing random momentary freezes, guaranteed freezes when pulling out a new weapon, freezes when going into a different area, and weapon sound effects that play SECONDS after you fire and cause hitching.

It runs and it's not Literally The Worst but it's apparently a very unpleasant experience at times, almost every player is guaranteed to have at least a couple of those times, and for something marketed with "It just works!" that plans on having mod support I'd call it rocky at best.

its important to note the ps4 version doesnt have the freezes/absolute 0 fps drops that the xbone has. still doesnt have a stable frame rate and can spike down to p uncomfortable levels for very short periods of time but overall its pretty solid.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, it's going to be so good it'll be better than all of next year's games too.

:pray:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Saoshyant posted:

Depends on Space Pig is European or not.

(Although NISA has been relatively quick with jumping through SCEE's hoops. A month's delay is far better than the brick wall of question marks we usually get over here regarding Atlus games).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm in the US, so I'm pretty set for release dates. I can't imagine something with this much hype getting pushed back, assuming the Japanese release happens when it should.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Syrinxx posted:

I am the goon-loathed type of gamer who uses trophies/achievements to help motivate me through games so I'm looking forward to a version of VC with trophies to unlock. This is gonna be sweet.

My brother.

I got my PS3 in 2011, initially for just exclusives. Despite it being one of my first purchases, VC has sat on my backlog all this time after playing just enough to let me know it's totally my jam, part of that reason was lack of trophies nudging it lower down on my list. I will absolutely repurchase this for PS4 so I can earn those sweet trophies during my long-delayed playthrough of this game.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Delusibeta posted:

Depends on Space Pig is European or not.

(Although NISA has been relatively quick with jumping through SCEE's hoops. A month's delay is far better than the brick wall of question marks we usually get over here regarding Atlus games).

I'm European, and fully expect to have to use my NA PSN account if I want to play P5 this year. drat you Atlus!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I hope we manage to go another full console generation without Persona 5 coming out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

I hope we manage to go another full console generation without Persona 5 coming out

Why?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Since Persona is taking so long that must mean they're actually designing some dungeons this time, right?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i hope not

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wendell posted:

Since Persona is taking so long that must mean they're actually designing some dungeons this time, right?

Nah, they're just putting extra Chie in.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Nah, they're just putting extra Chie in.

Ugh, memes.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Wendell posted:

Uh excuse me, there were several texture swaps between dungeons, jesus

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Uh excuse me, there were several texture swaps between dungeons, jesus

Someday Strange Journey dungeons will be back and you'll all be sorry.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wendell posted:

Sorry, you'll need a 3DS for an Atlus game with dungeon design and a "5" in the title.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope SMTV is on a console and goes back to the nocturne 3D look.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I hope SMTV is on a console and goes back to the nocturne 3D look.

100% agreed. maybe the combo of p5 being on ps4 and the ps4 selling so well will make this a reality because i dont want to buy a 3ds for it. i mean i will, but i dont want to have to.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are already over a half-dozen cool Atlus games on 3DS, I don't think one more would push you over the edge.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Motto posted:

Ugh, memes.

My apologies if I have inadvertently referenced a meme. I honestly didn't know.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Some free Witcher 3 avatars are up:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/cid=UP4497-CUSA00527_00-0000000000000002%3AAVATARS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chie is a meme

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Motto posted:

There are already over a half-dozen cool Atlus games on 3DS, I don't think one more would push you over the edge.

yeah but i sold my 3ds after i played those and i dont want to buy another one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

chie is a meme

huh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Meme Waifu

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Motto posted:

chie is a meme

further proof that all memes are terrible

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I went back about six pages and didn't see anything, so is there any word on what February's PS+ free games are going to be?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I went back about six pages and didn't see anything, so is there any word on what February's PS+ free games are going to be?

Typically that gets announced the Wednesday before the next batch comes out, though that isn't a hard rule.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Would that be this Wednesday or next Wednesday? The PS+ freebies usually come out on the 6th, right?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I hope SMTV is on a console and goes back to the nocturne 3D SMT1/2 look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

scuttlebutt is it could be Not A Hero

http://www.devolverdigital.com/games/view/not-a-hero

and a bunch of other trash of course

• Locked thread