Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:it's a printer analogy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

infernal machines posted:

:it's a printer analogy:

you beat me

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Vintersorg posted:

the new menu thing "scared" her
i dunno she seemed to like forceful touching last time I saw her

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Celexi posted:

It isn't normal to have the palate of a hipster !
you probably think showering is for hipsters

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

THC posted:

you probably think showering is for hipsters

nah thats hipsters that don't wash hair for various reasons or dont shower at all

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Celexi posted:

nah thats hipsters that don't wash hair for various reasons or dont shower at all

hazyrazor posted:

I got on the "no 'poo (shampoo)" wagon a couple years back and it was rough going for maybe, 2 months? Eventually your bodies self-cleaning mechanisms start doing their job again and my hair was looking better than ever. After realizing the human body was essentially self-cleaning I tried a "no-wipe" regimen and holy cow, this was rough. Constant itching and discomfort. Frequently found spots on my undergarments. I cannot describe the temptation to just duck into a restroom for a single wipe. It was at its absolute worst when I was jogging. I basically couldn't do anything that caused my back to sweat which totally upset my fitness routine and impacted my weight. I personally wouldn't recommend trying to quit toilet paper but I didn't have a bidet so maybe OP knows something I don't.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

terrifying

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

jesus

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

anheuser busch recently discovered how to make bud light concentrate and its changing the trucking industry

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

anheuser busch recently discovered how to make bud light concentrate and its changing the trucking industry

how long until they sell it straight?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

how long until they sell it straight?

im sure literally right now they're in meetings with their bottlers

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i only drink piss and poo poo

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

text me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when they ship mass-market beer like bud light, do they ship it in kegs or is it like railroad tank cars?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

when they ship mass-market beer like bud light, do they ship it in kegs or is it like railroad tank cars?

it used to be just kegs and cans and bottles iirc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

looks like the apple car isn't proceeding smoothly, I guess the question is are they smart enough to kill the whole initiative if it looks like it's not going to pan out

quote:

Apple has placed a hiring freeze on the team responsible for the company's nascent automotive ambitions after executives became unhappy with the project's direction and progress, AppleInsider has learned.

The change was precipitated by a post-holiday progress review conducted by Apple design chief Jony Ive, according to a previously reliable source with knowledge of the team's activities. Ive is said to have "expressed his displeasure" with the group's headway.

In all, Apple is believed to have more than 1,000 people working on Project Titan at sites both inside and outside of Cupertino. Hiring was so aggressive that Apple's poaching of engineering talent from Tesla is thought to have had a "big impact" on the Elon Musk-led company's ability to keep up with development of future vehicles.

The news comes days after a report that Steve Zadesky, a longtime Apple engineering lead who was initially put in charge of Project Titan, would leave the company. It's not immediately clear whether Zadesky's departure — said to be for "personal reasons" — is related to the staffing restrictions.

Malpenix Blonia
Nov 27, 2004

graph posted:

Isn't that just normal Budweiser?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

looks like the apple car isn't proceeding smoothly, I guess the question is are they smart enough to kill the whole initiative if it looks like it's not going to pan out

an apple car is a stupid idea

Shaggar posted:

terrifying

how/why do these people extend the "self-cleaning" concept from "you don't need to disinfect yourself to stay healthy" (it's true) to "human bodies naturally smell pleasant" (they don't)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

gf upgraded from a 5 to a 6

i hope her recovery is speedy and painless

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i honestly and sincerely hope that tim isn't dumb enough to get into the automotive industry

he's getting ready to make the iphone 5se so he's showing signs of righting the ship

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

If the hack jonny ives didn't like it it's probably good.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

they should have just bought tesla

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

power botton posted:

they should have just bought tesla

tesla massive lcd too bad to salvage

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

tesla musk culture too bad to salvage

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Shaggar posted:

If the hack jonny ives didn't like it it's probably good.

it probably has more than one butan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it only has one pedal, but it's touch sensitive. to accelerate you press with one toe, to decelerate you press with two toes.

people complain that driving without shoes is a violation of the law in many states, but apple doesn't respond.

a robust third party market springs up creating electrically conductive shoes for driving your iCar.

later, a man will be electrocuted when the improperly strain-relieved HV charging cable in his garage frays, shorts out in a pool of melted snow, and conducts the current through the soles of his iShoes into his heart

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
still hoping the US govt bans using a touchscreen in cars the day after Apple car and android car come out

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

It's still just kegs, cans, and bottles. Pallets of them, stacked seven feet high. Half a ton of room temperature pee teetering on a little 3 by 3 plastic platform.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wulfolme posted:

Half a ton of room temperature pee teetering on a little 3 by 3 plastic platform.

please don't describe my apartment

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
waifs's christmas iPad pro report

the larger size is fantastic, Ive always used the regular iPad because of papers/textbooks and since thats already too big to put in a pocket this is just more iPad without any more hassle

some nice QOL iOS improvements like having the number row in the on-screen keyboard

split screen apps are great, like iBooks beside notability is basically perfect for what I need to do, but apple's own apps really need some work, right now for example you can't have two iBooks pages open side by side, so PDFs in landscape look ridiculous taking up only half the screen, and epubs that fill the screen with text are like reading a novel printed on magazine-size paper, easy to get lost

wife went whole hog and bought the keyboard case with matching back cover for something like $350 CAD, ludicrous but the case quality is nice, and I think the keyboard is fine but I wouldnt wanna work on it all day; that said I prefer it over the new macbook keyboard as it has a big more give and a nice tactile surface that will no doubt get gummed up and lovely looking in short order - all that poo poo adds a ton of weight though and makes it feel like you're toting a laptop instead of an iPad so I'd recommend trying to go without it

the pencil is absolutely loving fantastic and this cannot be overstated, iPad pro + pencil DESTROYS any cintiq Ive ever used and with the astropad app it works perfectly to control photoshop, zbrush etc - I haven found a way to control a windows box as well (e.g. sending pencil pressure/tilt data) but hopefully someone comes up with that soon so I can just put a lovely PC with a big GPU in the closet and control it from the couch - anyway I suspect the small cintiqs are going to be absolutely crushed in the market as iPad pro kills it in performance and does a lot more for less money

that said even without the PC hookup apps like procreate and concept are great - youre not gonna do 200 layer comps with them but the brush/tool flexibility is huge and according to my ex-ILM digital artist uncle he figures it would be good enough for anyone with a traditional media background - that said it's disappointing that apple's own Notes app is still easily the best Pencil demo but no doubt the software will catch up to the hardware over time

I got it for my wife because she loves her loving iPad, only reaches for her mac when she needs to type out some long poo poo, she's always drawing and sketching stuff, and she reads a lot of magazines in Next Issue/Texture, so her needs are currently being suited out the rear end

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Internaut! posted:

hookup apps like procreate
:pervert:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Internaut! posted:

the pencil is absolutely loving fantastic and this cannot be overstated, iPad pro + pencil DESTROYS any cintiq

this is extremely true

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

got a tiny hairline crack in my 6s screen, no idea how, makes me sad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

If it's just a hairline, they'll replace it under warranty.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it probably bent. that's what those phones do with normal use.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

it probably bent. that's what those phones do with normal use.

the 6 bends with normal use, the 6s does not

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

power botton posted:

the 6 bends with normal use, the 6s does not

it bends with normal use. the iphone 6s bends easily, and often. not to mention it's got bad software.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think ios 9 is what causes it to bend. its really awful software.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho it could just be the thin, shoddy materials used in its construction. maybe both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

altho it could just be the thin, shoddy materials used in its construction. maybe both.

it's a real steaming pile, that's for sure.

• Locked thread