Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Detheros posted:

Someday Lucy will be a main character.

Her body has been a main character the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-469--What-I-Want-to-do?id=261745

In a shocking twist, the hyped up good guys turn out to be incapable of beating a single bad guy.

Oh, no, wait, that's not the word I was going for.

Predictable. Yeah.

In a predictable twist, the hyped up good guys turn out to be incapable of beating a single bad guy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Jesus Christ, you don't introduce super lethal stage 4 magic cancer only to get rid of in a panel latter. That's loving dumb even by Fairy Tail standards.

I'm also not sure what to think about Fairy Tail's love of friendship when it keeps insisting that Aquarius isn't a hateful bitch to everyone and is Lucy's best friend.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Gyges posted:

Jesus Christ, you don't introduce super lethal stage 4 magic cancer only to get rid of in a panel latter. That's loving dumb even by Fairy Tail standards.

I'm also not sure what to think about Fairy Tail's love of friendship when it keeps insisting that Aquarius isn't a hateful bitch to everyone and is Lucy's best friend.

I guess we could say that in the E.N.D. it doesn't even matter, Crawling in Natsu's skin these wounds have already healed.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gyges posted:

I'm not sure if it should be legal for something to be as god damned stupid as Fairy Tail.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Whatever we got more BRADMAN (if only for one panel) and next week we get some Linkin Park.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Gyges posted:

This had me on the floor. Holy poo poo that was stupid. Guess Hiro was really desperate for a cliffhanger last week.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So like I guess Natsu will like from tumors or something even if they don't kill Zeref and he dies from his book being destroyed. Okay I guess?? I have no idea whats going on anymore

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 18, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

So like I guess Natsu will like from tumors or something even if they don't kill Zeref and he dies from his book being destroyed. Okay I guess?? I have no idea whats going on anymore

Yeah, I really hope Zeref wasn't all smug about this being Natsu's only chance to kill Zeref because he knew his beloved reanimated brother was a couple hours from a grisly surprise cancer death.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler: Woman loses clothes, gets embarrassed about it.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I thought Lucy was supposed to never be able to wield the Aquarius key again. That's the way she made it sound when she broke the key.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kohon posted:

I thought Lucy was supposed to never be able to wield the Aquarius key again. That's the way she made it sound when she broke the key.

Friendship.

Retcon.

Frendcon.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Spoiler: Woman loses clothes, gets embarrassed about it.

This chapter a woman gets clothes! :aaaaa:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

kohon posted:

That key is lost forever.
But it's kinda silly to assume there wouldn't be a key ever again, there'd be none by now.
And like they said, it could literally anywhere in the world. It's easily "and then Lucy traveled the world" epilogue fodder.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It could be anywhere in the world, but there's no way it isn't within like 2 baths, max, of whenever they actually go look for it.

Oh hey, remember when Natsu got cured of the cancer immediately after finding out magic cancer exists? Yeah, Mirajane found this weird key in her bra at the same time *flashback to Mirajane taking off her bra*

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What's funny is that Mashima is setting this up as some epilogue stuff and then 5 chapters from now or whenever Lucy is next in trouble he'll magibabble some way for her to stumble on to Aquarius' new ring to save her and still have nothing for her to do in the epilogue.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tsob posted:

What's funny is that Mashima is setting this up as some epilogue stuff and then 5 chapters from now or whenever Lucy is next in trouble he'll magibabble some way for her to stumble on to Aquarius' new ring to save her and still have nothing for her to do in the epilogue.

She will be the guild master in the epilogue because I have decided it.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

Kyte posted:

That key is lost forever.
But it's kinda silly to assume there wouldn't be a key ever again, there'd be none by now.
And like they said, it could literally anywhere in the world. It's easily "and then Lucy traveled the world" epilogue fodder.

Iirc, Aquarius said they could never meet again. But she also said that she wouldn't die. To me, that implied Aquarius and her key would come back, but could never be under the ownership of Lucy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
There's that.

But I guess the other posters are right, Mashima gonna Mashima.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
New Chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/470

Looks like there is a new kind of magic, and its name is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess that's kinda interesti~oh.

:shrug: fairy tail, folks.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
That is some next level Worf-ing right there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

I guess that's kinda interesti~oh.

:shrug: fairy tail, folks.

Nah, this was actually a good application of something Fairy Tail overuses because Mashima got bored with a plot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Makarov was right. Serena is disappointing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Makarov was right. Serena is disappointing.

Dude worfed like a champ.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's the biggest worf I've ever seen and it's hilarious.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
acnologia is the best character in this series. just hulk stomps in and trashes everything for no real reason. dude owns

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Acnologia's human design is awesome

Get dunked on, character whose named I can't be bothered to remember

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Only a long running shounen series that has had several bad arcs can make people cheer at something like this chapter happening. It's like with Bleach and Aizen coming back in his chair, or if Ichigo has to climb back up yet again.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I've always loved the fact Fairy Tail can just switch gears and someone gets dunked on or pulls out total bullshit to win. That's one of the earliest elements of the writing, back when it looked like knock off One Piece and there wasn't even much T&A (relative to now)

But also yes, it is bad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New FT and holy poo poo I love Gajeel and Levy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Laxus death flags!!!!!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also Laxus death flags!!!!!

Those are forbidden from being recognized in the world of Fairy Tail. It's like a law of physics in their universe.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have hope that FT can kill someone off. Even Naruto managed to kill of Neji and a bunch of adults!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I can't help but be impressed by Mashima's work ethic though. Dude puts a ton of pages out a week and sometimes does multiple chapters.

The only person that's even possible to die is Natsu and I don't think that's likely at all.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I can think of a couple characters that would be on the chopping block. Laxus, Gildarts, Mirajane, Lyon, Sting, Rogue, and Jellal all spring to mind as important enough to make an impact but disposable enough to not cause too drastic of a stir. Like there's no way Erza or Lucy are biting it. Gray possibly, but I highly doubt it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

Those are forbidden from being recognized in the world of Fairy Tail. It's like a law of physics in their universe.
no one dies in one piece fairy tail

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I have hope that FT can kill someone off. Even Naruto managed to kill of Neji and a bunch of adults!
literally no one cared that neji died because even Kishimoto didn't really care about nearly the rest of the leaf squaddies for like 70% of the manga

Like someone told me he died, I looked at the chapter, and I laughed because at that point who really cared about Neji anymore?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I cared more about two sand village randos who were I guess from some movie getting unceremoniously and lamely killed off by some bullshit than I did about Neji.

Also don't give up, Juvia, even if your special sleeping bag didn't work.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TriffTshngo posted:

I can think of a couple characters that would be on the chopping block. Laxus, Gildarts, Mirajane, Lyon, Sting, Rogue, and Jellal all spring to mind as important enough to make an impact but disposable enough to not cause too drastic of a stir. Like there's no way Erza or Lucy are biting it. Gray possibly, but I highly doubt it.

Gray already died. I think Laxus and perhaps Sting and Rogue did as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gildarts seems a likely candidate since half of his guts are anime bandages from a previous run-in with arcnologia or whatever

• Locked thread