Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've watched the episode so many times and when Dee asks why Mac is the one to push the button and they sit silently, he eats a chip and you can see him smile and break for a second before it cuts. I can't not watch for it anymore

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

More importantly, what does Frank smell like

Ham and rum.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Brawnfire posted:

Oh sure, he eats a lot of cheese. Doesn't mean he smells LIKE cheese. Plus, there's a lot more he "gets into" besides cheese, like sewers and basements.

He breaths and Mac and Dennis recoil and ask him what the hell that smell is, to which he replies cheese.

Dennis tells Charlie off for standing too close and says he stinks. Charlie explains he got into the cheese.

He stinks of cheese.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Did cheese make him stink?

Granted.

Does it necessarily smell like cheese?

I posit no. He metabolizes cheese and it makes him smell like hot greasy sweat

Also I'm going to double down more and more since you apparently hate back-and-forth so now I'm right and you aren't period

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0F_Jah_R4&t=384s

rip fat mac you were too beautiful for this world

I loved Fat Mac so much.

The best blooper from Sunny is Mac and Charlie trying to do the Fight Milk video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqqeaKY2vY&t=24s

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Did Charlie have another couple bottles of beer in his trouser pockets after Dennis had slapped two out of his hands?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He channeled his inner badass once he stood up to Dennis and as such was provided beers by the universe, this is an established in-world magical ability granted to those who embody the way of the warrior. See: Country Mac.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
2 lovely self referential episodes and a copy of something southpark did way better years ago. hope those new writers coming in are good cause the main cast is officially tapped out.

i see why seinfeld stopped at 9 seasons now. maybe they had 1 or 2 good ones left but it's not worth the risk tarnishing the whole series with this kind of crap, and once you cross that line you may as well keep going for another decade or two like the simpsons.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

nasboat posted:

I loved Fat Mac so much.

The best blooper from Sunny is Mac and Charlie trying to do the Fight Milk video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqqeaKY2vY&t=24s

I guess I never realized how many cuts they had during episodes to hide all the laughter but holy poo poo.
Just hearing them all laugh they're asses off while doing bits just pushes it all over the top for me.

Great season so far, episode 1 and 2 have grown on me with each viewing. i haven't even seen the preview for episode 4 yet but I'm excited

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mr. Unlucky posted:

2 lovely self referential episodes and a copy of something southpark did way better years ago. hope those new writers coming in are good cause the main cast is officially tapped out.

i see why seinfeld stopped at 9 seasons now. maybe they had 1 or 2 good ones left but it's not worth the risk tarnishing the whole series with this kind of crap, and once you cross that line you may as well keep going for another decade or two like the simpsons.
Haha I can see reason for some pessimism but it's only been 3 episodes, and Chardee MacDennis wasn't that much a retread imo. People have doubted the gang's legitimacy as a comedic force before and been proven wrong.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mr. Unlucky posted:

once you cross that line you may as well keep going for another decade or two like the simpsons.

"Nothing has truly amused me in the 23 years since the monorail episode."

- The great and wise Internet

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Unlucky posted:

a copy of something southpark did way better years ago. .

The same South Park that had an entire episode how nothing is original? Always sunny already had a couple episodes about 80s action movies, so them doing a boob comedy seems right up their ally.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the difference is is that the sunny episode was funny, while the south park episode was south park.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I guess your only option is to just stop watching the show then.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Man you guys sure get super mad when people don't like the new episodes, then ironically try to say the people who don't like them are mad. Fanboys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

Man you guys sure get super mad when people don't like the new episodes, then ironically try to say the people who don't like them are mad. Fanboys

Yes yes, everyone is mad. We're all foaming at the mouths and making GBS threads our diapers about a TV show.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

radiatinglines posted:

i am extremely angry

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Guys, calm down

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress, MAN

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

InfiniteZero posted:

"Nothing has truly amused me in the 23 years since the monorail episode."

- The great and wise Internet

It's sad to say, but we truly are coming up to the 20th anniversary of the last time The Simpsons put out a good episode (there have been some OK ones amongst the dross).

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNLPGCCUfnY

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Am I really the only one who hates that gif? You ran it into the ground.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Air is lava! posted:

Am I really the only one who hates that gif? You ran it into the ground.

I guess your only option is to just stop reading the thread then.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I will never get tired of that gif

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

radiatinglines posted:

I guess your only option is to just stop reading the thread then.

I've felt indifferent about the thread since page 14, when it pretty much reached its apex.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh great, now the thread is just a bunch of callbacks to earlier posts. Any new reader is going to be baffled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

radiatinglines posted:

Wow, calm down bro. You sure are mad about people getting mad about things while pretending you aren't mad when you clearly are.

Fake edit: I'm not mad at all.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

Haha I can see reason for some pessimism but it's only been 3 episodes, and Chardee MacDennis wasn't that much a retread imo. People have doubted the gang's legitimacy as a comedic force before and been proven wrong.

I first started watching in Season 6 and even then people were saying the show had run out of ideas, was full of callbacks, needed to stop and the end was nigh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TTBF posted:

I first started watching in Season 6 and even then people were saying the show had run out of ideas, was full of callbacks, needed to stop and the end was nigh.

It's almost as if saying Always Sunny is past its prime is itself a lame callback and past its prime.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It's almost as if saying Always Sunny is past its prime is itself a lame callback and past its prime.

I think it's still a pretty hot issue, posters are clearly very hot about it on both sides.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
I recall an argument a long time ago in the Game of Thrones thread about who the best fighter in Westeros was. People were making highly organized and researched posts about who said what about what fighter in the books, and no one could agree on which one was the best because it was all subjective and not even GRRM has come out to say which fighter was the best out of all of them, because it's a stupid argument and has no merit on how subjectively enjoyable the show is.

Kind of like how everyone here is arguing over whether Always Sunny is objectively funny or not anymore. It literally is not quantifiable and you idiots have this argument EVERY season, and the sentiment always cools once the season is available in its entirety. If you enjoy the show, then cool, if you don't, then cool. Trying to convince strangers on the internet that it is or is not funny anymore, in my mind, is equivalent to arguing over which imaginary sword fighter is the best in middle earth.

That being said, Always Sunny is still funny as hell.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

speshl guy posted:

I recall an argument a long time ago in the Game of Thrones thread about who the best fighter in Westeros was. People were making highly organized and researched posts about who said what about what fighter in the books, and no one could agree on which one was the best because it was all subjective and not even GRRM has come out to say which fighter was the best out of all of them, because it's a stupid argument and has no merit on how subjectively enjoyable the show is.

Kind of like how everyone here is arguing over whether Always Sunny is objectively funny or not anymore. It literally is not quantifiable and you idiots have this argument EVERY season, and the sentiment always cools once the season is available in its entirety. If you enjoy the show, then cool, if you don't, then cool. Trying to convince strangers on the internet that it is or is not funny anymore, in my mind, is equivalent to arguing over which imaginary sword fighter is the best in middle earth.

Nobody has been trying to objectively prove anything though, just saying what they think isn't funny. And there's only like two dissenting opinions saying it's not funny anymore

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

speshl guy posted:

Arthur Dayne, Feanor, still funny and smells of cheese.

i don't get what is meant to be subjective about any of that

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Arthur Dayne, Feanor, still funny and smells of cheese.

i don't get what is meant to be subjective about any of that

Wrong, Aemon the Dragonknight, duh. He's a legend in the seven kingdoms

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

radiatinglines posted:

I think it's still a pretty hot issue, posters are clearly very hot about it on both sides.

You're hot? I'm pretty hot about it too.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

If you vote me, I'm hot

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
INVIGARON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
radiatinglines was correct and then there were a bunch of posts that seemed so eager to jump on him and didn't actually understand what he was saying. The point was that the particular joke relied on Dennis' past characterisations as a monster in order to be funny and that this is indicative of a show's decline as it gradually relies more on past references than original comedy that stands on its own.

Also this season has been pretty awful. Hoping they've just front-loaded the bad episodes like they often do and it will end on a high.